Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Color me unimpressed with that salad. 

Compared to the wilted old vegetables in Janelle's fridge, anything semi-fresh would impress Janelle.  And she doesn't need to exhaust herself cutting things up with a knife.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Because people love association with fame - or even infamy. It makes them feel important. I've mentioned before my friend who was on a moderately successful reality show that ended almost a decade ago. People go crazy for him. They want to be around him or even tangentially associated with him. He's a nice guy so I get why people like him. But his co-star, who is a major bag of dicks (seriously an unpleasant human being) also has people fawning all over him. It's the damndest thing. 

Is it Dr Will and Boogie from Big brother 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Because people love association with fame - or even infamy. It makes them feel important. I've mentioned before my friend who was on a moderately successful reality show that ended almost a decade ago. People go crazy for him. They want to be around him or even tangentially associated with him. He's a nice guy so I get why people like him. But his co-star, who is a major bag of dicks (seriously an unpleasant human being) also has people fawning all over him. It's the damndest thing. 

This! My BIL was a semi-famous songwriter. He had one huge hit that a big country star sang way back when, and still does today (you'd all know the song if I told you lol) He then had a -very small- music career of his own, and wherever he and my SIL went, he had sycophants falling all over themselves for him. People even followed them home from gigs, (one kept breaking into their vacation house!),And musicians always wanted him to either jam or write them songs. 

It was bizarre to me, because he was just my eccentric BIL lol, and hadn't really had any big public career or recognition since that mega hit he wrote (Well, his pic was included in the 'stars we lost' segment during the acm awards last year, which he deserved)

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Backward Acronym
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

If this were a strategically-minded family (which they obviously are not), I would see this as a brilliant marketing move for the show. As it stands, the unintentional by-product of Janelle's hapless Big Adventure is increased engagement and interest from fans of the show and detractors/snarkers alike. I'll bet the producers and TLC are loving every minute of this. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't get why Janelle has fans--why any of these wives would, for that matter. Janelle is a broken record of the same failed attempts and excuses. Over and over. 

I'm curious why she moved out of a house into that trailer. If she did it for an adventure, why did she need an adventure? Isn't life with Kody and wives exciting enough? The only logical reason I can think of is that she's preparing herself for the coming day when Kody tells them all to pack up and get ready to leave immediately because they are being persecuted for their beliefs. (They probably are being persecuted for their belief that they don't have to pay rent, taxes and other obligations.) Janelle will be ready to pull up stakes and follow Master Kody right down the dusty dirt road to freedom.   

Janelle is obviously depressed. Probably the other wives are too, except maybe Queen Robyn. If the Browns are trying to sell a lifestyle or a religion, they are failing. Maybe it's time for this show to hit the road too.  

She was renting the house and the owner sold it, so that’s why she moved. She claimed the rental market was too hot to find another so she moved onto the land they already own in an RV.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She was renting the house and the owner sold it, so that’s why she moved. She claimed the rental market was too hot to find another so she moved onto the land they already own in an RV.

Because god only cares about Robyn enough to give her a million-dollar home when he can't procure a rennal. He got Janelle a 5th wheel. Even though technically it's Meri who's the 5th wheel.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Wonder if Janelle was affected by the Flagstaff flooding? There does seem to be much ground cover where she is camping to absorb heavy rainfall.

Janelle's rig should be OK if the pond served it's purpose.  The terrain looks pretty flat, but if she is sited slightly above the rim of the pond, the water should run off to there.  It may take a few days for the ground to be dry enough to move her car though. 

I wonder how much consideration she gave to the possibility of events like monsoon rains when she embarked on her grand adventure.  Where I live, her location would be considered an "unassumed road" and municipal snowplows would not be sent clear a heavy snowfall.  Hopefully, by winter she will find a more suitable living arrangement.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

I immediately thought of Gwen & Ysabel getting Christine's SUV stuck in the mud at Prairiedog Plague Pass while alleviating boredom in the early months of COVID.

After living in a RV, perhaps Janelle will decide that she & Savannah would be comfortable renting a small apartment rather than a full house to save money. Now would be the time to lock something down, not late August or early September when college students flock back to town (like when they first moved to Flag). Heat, hot water, electricity, garbage & sewer costs are normally included in the rent in apartment buildings.  They can easily picnic on the property or go for a hike if they feel cooped up.  This is what normal people do when money is tight and they are too lazy for yard work.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
On 7/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, ginger90 said:

Here’s a comment on the post, followed by Janelle’s response:

3EB10233-5961-4945-9A79-8C5B8BE9E64B.jpeg

98406C0C-8348-4D8F-96FD-9D07BA163760.jpeg

It would’ve been better for Janelle to just leave that negative comment “sittin there” unanswered if she was only going to deal with the issue of her perceived meekness (read weakness).  
Janelle’s  failure to take this opportunity to clear up some misconceptions leaves us to assume the poster was correct about the “wives” actually not liking each other or being available to each other in tight spots.

• Love 12
On 7/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, TurtlePower said:

How else are we supposed to think about you Janelle? 

I’ll give her kudos for her response but I don’t buy it. 

The truth often hurts the heart which to me explains Janelle's angry defence. 

I read this gentleman's reply (I'm assuming it's a man because he sounds like a guy and talks about his wife)  and cannot find much fault in it. He is spot on with his observations about their relationships and is genuinely baffled with the idea of a husband letting his wife live in an RV in the middle of nowhere while he lives in a mansion. Who would not be shocked? 

Her response also makes it pretty obvious that the Browns cannot comprehend how their own idiotic actions are viewed by the public. What they think is normal, is obviously not to most of us. To the outside world it does look as if Kody doesn't give a damn. It's her own actions that make her look meek and a victim especially if you keep posting about living in a trailer in the middle of that god-forsaken pass!

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Christine posted some pix of a lightning storm. I can't help but wonder how Janelle felt out there in the middle of a field in a tin box during it. 

Or her dogs. I bet the dogs were scared.

• Love 3
On 7/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, deirdra said:

After living in a RV, perhaps Janelle will decide that she & Savannah would be comfortable renting a small apartment rather than a full house to save money.

This would be the smart thing to do, but I have a feeling it probably wouldn't happen. I can see the family thinking they're far above living in an apartment complex with the hoi polloi, and push her away from doing it, even if she wanted to. Yeah, she's living in an rv, but it's on their land, with no nosy neighbors.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Robyn’s house is just down the street. 

I think it's down the street and around a corner, that could be several miles away.  When the cameras have panned the landscape, there are no other houses visible.  She's a sitting duck out there and foolish enough to publish when she left town to visit Maddie.  She's lucky she didn't come home to find her rig had been ransacked and her stash of peppermint tea stolen.

Edited by Sandy W
guesstimate distance to Robyn's house, considering it's not visible
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She had a "swipe up" to her Plexus page. 

Yes she did. Yet, in the whole video, she never said the product name. I know it’s been said in other videos, by other people, so it just seemed strange.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Robyn’s house is just down the street. 

20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think it's down the street and around a corner, that could be several miles away.  When the cameras have panned the landscape, there are no other houses visible.  She's a sitting duck out there and foolish enough to publish when she left town to visit Maddie.  She's lucky she didn't come home to find her rig had been ransacked and her stash of peppermint tea stolen.

That area doesn't have "streets" as we know them.  They mentioned that Christine's house is a mile away (straight line) from the property lots.  Robyn's house is closer to the property, probably a half mile if flying above the trees, but the roads themselves meander and curve around, so a car maybe a mile. It's close enough to be in the vicinity.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

That area doesn't have "streets" as we know them.  They mentioned that Christine's house is a mile away (straight line) from the property lots.  Robyn's house is closer to the property, probably a half mile if flying above the trees, but the roads themselves meander and curve around, so a car maybe a mile. It's close enough to be in the vicinity.

I did use the "citified" word street... hardpan road would be a better description.  Site rules about addresses limit me to saying that I did google the name of road of the Brown's plot of land on CP and Robyn's address which indicates that it is just a mile drive from one site to another. 

Edited by Sandy W
clarity
  • Love 6

I meandered around Manhattan this afternoon. At one point, crossing Park Avenue, I found myself wondering how Janelle's "gut issues" were affecting her today.

Then I wondered how many other people in this city are roaming around with random thoughts of the Sister Wives popping into their heads.

I can't be the only one, can I?

Hopeless!!

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2021 at 6:03 AM, ginger90 said:

“This is the product”……

She doesn’t say the name.

Screenshot:

E4FD38E8-20E3-4815-B27B-288A0D120ABD.jpeg

This woman. What. A. JOKE. 

Gimmicks. It’s always gimmicks with her, not consistency or hard work. The only intervention that I see as potentially successful in her future is gastric bypass. So far, she has shown zero success on her own. 

Imagine what Dr Now would say to her. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Gimmicks. It’s always gimmicks with her, not consistency or hard work.

I always imagine that she just ADDS a pink drink or rockstar vegetable or other gimmick to what she regularly eats rather than substituting it for junkfood and expects a miracle to happen. How many pink drinks do you need to cancel out 2000+ calories of a monster Salad-To-Go and In-n-Out whatever on the same day?

I suspect she doesn't say the name "Plexus Slim" because she has been on it for months but is no slimmer.   

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I always imagine that she just ADDS a pink drink or rockstar vegetable or other gimmick to what she regularly eats rather than substituting it for junkfood and expects a miracle to happen. How many pink drinks do you need to cancel out 2000+ calories of a monster Salad-To-Go and In-n-Out whatever on the same day?

I suspect she doesn't say the name "Plexus Slim" because she has been on it for months but is no slimmer.   

Yes!  To all of this.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

The only intervention that I see as potentially successful in her future is gastric bypass. So far, she has shown zero success on her own. 

I agree; however,  the problem with this surgery is that if you don't change your eating habits afterward,  you can end up stretching what's left of your stomach. I know two people who ended up in serious trouble after this. They started out with reduced appetite but eventually just started eating more and more again. (I do not remember whether they had gastric bypass or the lap band surgery.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I meandered around Manhattan this afternoon. At one point, crossing Park Avenue, I found myself wondering how Janelle's "gut issues" were affecting her today.

Then I wondered how many other people in this city are roaming around with random thoughts of the Sister Wives popping into their heads.

Hopeless!!

Not me 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 4

Hopeless!!

You are not alone.  Just the other day, I saw a guitar and randomly wondered if Janelle would acquire one, learn a few chords, and sit around a campfire on the Plains of Plague warbling out plaintive, hurtin' cowboy songs.

Weird huh?

• LOL 14
On 7/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, Teafortwo said:

Hopeless!!

You are not the only one.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CFADDA22-64AE-487F-8415-690C33BADAD6.jpeg

Annnnnd here she goes with the “real meal” post, as predicted. 

All of Janelle’s food looker terrible. I imagine it being bland and mushy, just like her. 

She “actually cooked something from raw”? Something many of us do on the daily? Something some of us actually did in the wilderness over a fire? Does she want a gold star for being an adult? 

What’s telling is the use of the word “actually”. Janelle will never escape her reality of laziness and convenience. Life is just too hard for her (which is fine but STOP PRETENDING TO BE A HEALTH COACH).   

• Love 15
30 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She “actually cooked something from raw”? Something many of us do on the daily? Something some of us actually did in the wilderness over a fire? Does she want a gold star for being an adult? 

When my son grew up and went to college, he was shocked that he was the only one who knew how to actually cook anything. He's graduated and continues to be one of the few people in his age group he knows who "cooks stuff from raw." I was shocked this is a thing, but it's a thing. Now excuse me while I go cook some eggs from raw for my brekkie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

What does "cooked from raw" even mean? As opposed to warmed up (reheated)? So is she implying she's been eating only raw food up to now, since moving onto "the land"? (I sometimes have a salad with avocado, carrots, tomato etc for dinner in the hot weather, especially if I've had protein at breakfast and lunch.) Why doesn't she just say this is the first meal she's cooked there? I just don't get the "from raw." Or maybe she considers microwaving a frozen dinner to be cooking, but just not "from raw." 

Savanah would be better off with Christine's tater tots and mock tapioca.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

You are not alone.  Just the other day, I saw a guitar and randomly wondered if Janelle would acquire one, learn a few chords, and sit around a campfire on the Plains of Plague warbling out plaintive, hurtin' cowboy songs.

Weird huh?

With Kody eating al fresco: hot dogs and marshmallows 

I can totally see that

• LOL 7
  • Love 1