Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I made salmon in the crock pot one time and it was fine - but kind of pointless since fish cooks so quickly anyway...

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Fish is so easy, and quick.

• Love 7

I might understand if she was using the air fryer lid for the instant pot, but fish would get mushy with all the steam with the regular lid.  I "steam" fish in the oven wrapped in a foil packet, and it takes such a short time.  And easy cleanup.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

And I find my instant pot a pain in the butt to clean!  Rather grill salmon or bake it in the oven.  Def NOT faster cooking it in the Instant pot    

17 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

And I find my instant pot a pain in the butt to clean!  Rather grill salmon or bake it in the oven.  Def NOT faster cooking it in the Instant pot    

Really?  I have three instant pots, sometimes all of them going at once.  They are a breeze to clean!  On my Instant Pot face book pages, people make salmon like hers quite frequently.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

And I find my instant pot a pain in the butt to clean!     

I was going to buy one, and this is the reason I did not. Janelle probably spent more time cleaning it than it took to cook. Assuming she bothered to clean it.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Really?  I have three instant pots, sometimes all of them going at once.  They are a breeze to clean!  On my Instant Pot face book pages, people make salmon like hers quite frequently.  

My mother has never had trouble cleaning hers.  In the winter time I often do the fish in the over.  In the summer time, on a skillet.  That way you don't have the oven blasting, heating up the house

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think J is using plexus. She isn’t looking smaller to me.

B8C5628D-3B82-463A-B061-87F54E9100BD.jpeg

And her hair is fried to death.

She’s definitely not dropping noticeable weight.

Janelle has only ever been successful with the help of a trainer—she can’t seem to do it on her own. Between all her “I-went-to-the-gym” and “cooked-from-raw” posts, I suspect numerous trips to fast food drive thrus she doesn’t want anyone to know about. 

Janelle should pause her “coaching” business and hire a trainer. When she shows success and keeps the weight off, she can toot her horn and sell her goods. 

• Love 10

For a while there  Janelle and a fit & enthusiastic younger woman were going to run bootcamps (I think they were virtual and pre-Covid).  Did that fizzle out?  The other woman seemed like the type who could inspire people to exercise, eat right and stay positive.  Did Janelle's negative energy cancel her out, making it all hopeless?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She posted about the reunion on “Strive”, also.

E1099D13-4848-49F3-AC49-73FCACCA9DA8.jpeg

B75C40F5-31BE-4CEC-9E96-4C900835B27B.jpeg

Interesting how many prioritized the family reunion.  Janelle studiously ignored the 15+ questions about Kody's absence, acknowledging with a handclap emoji one person who rationalized that Janelle always said she liked to travel (insinuating that perhaps Kody doesn't?).

I'm very surprised that Christine, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely didn't make the trip, considering that they missed out on time with Mykelti, Tony, Avalon, Aspyn, Mitch and Paedon.  Janelle explained that it was hard to get everyone together when they are all busy going in different directions.  Understandable that Maddie/Caleb & family didn't make the long trip, considering new house and expense of travel etc.

In the not so surprising area, Meri was not in attendance at this Family reunion and neither were Mariah and Audge, who if they are still living in SLC, were a mere 30 miles away from Park City.

• Love 9

Janelle follows her routine for a day or two and then breaks it for a month travelling and then finding it hard to get back in the routine. How about a routine that you can follow everywhere, like walking daily, not eating junkfood ...

• Love 10
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think J is using plexus. She isn’t looking smaller to me.

B8C5628D-3B82-463A-B061-87F54E9100BD.jpeg

And her hair is fried to death.

Is she a natural blonde who just likes it colored nearly white-blonde?  I feel like in her wedding picture, she was a blonde but definitely not the color she's been since she's been on the show - but I don't ever recall seeing darker roots growing in.  Her hair has rarely ever looked healthy on the show, from Day One.

9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Janelle follows her routine for a day or two and then breaks it for a month travelling and then finding it hard to get back in the routine. How about a routine that you can follow everywhere, like walking daily, not eating junkfood ...

The thing is, for a world-traveler like Janelle, she should know by now that going somewhere new is a way to walk on a trail you've never seen before, or eat at a place you've never been to and honestly, it is not difficult to look over a menu and choose something not deep-fried with a side of ranch.

Janelle is perpetually the person who says she's going to start her diet on Monday, but Monday night she eats a few Oreos and declares the entire week shot, so she binges until the following Monday when she starts all over again.  Heck, that's the MO of lots of people who feel that they need everything a certain way before they can concentrate on eating and exercising - I was like that once upon a time.  But eventually you come to understand that if you wait for Jupiter to align with Venus and the temperature to be between 65.8 and 67.3 to get your walk in, it's never going to happen.  Janelle would be more honest if she published a humorous book like "101 Reasons Why I Can't Exercise Today" instead of constantly whining that her favorite shoes are missing, or she's in a different city, or her toast burned, etc., and now her entire day is thrown off.  I have the suspicion that most days, her routine is "thrown off" before 6:30 am, and then the rest of the day is a wash.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Interesting how many prioritized the family reunion.  Janelle studiously ignored the 15+ questions about Kody's absence, acknowledging with a handclap emoji one person who rationalized that Janelle always said she liked to travel (insinuating that perhaps Kody doesn't?).

I'm very surprised that Christine, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely didn't make the trip, considering that they missed out on time with Mykelti, Tony, Avalon, Aspyn, Mitch and Paedon.  Janelle explained that it was hard to get everyone together when they are all busy going in different directions.  Understandable that Maddie/Caleb & family didn't make the long trip, considering new house and expense of travel etc.

In the not so surprising area, Meri was not in attendance at this Family reunion and neither were Mariah and Audge, who if they are still living in SLC, were a mere 30 miles away from Park City.

Could be Christine is getting ready for Truley to go back to school.  Some of the districts in my area started this week.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Janelle needs to give up the delusion of being any kind of “life/fitness/health coach”. She’s just not good at it. I’m struggling with my weight and I feel bad about myself every day. I know weight loss and healthy habits are hard to follow through in the best of circumstances but there’s nothing inspiring about her. The kids seem to like her and want to spend time with her so she she focus on that instead.

she makes my head hurt!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Janelle is always complaining that she is off of her routine. She should probably just accept that healthy eating and exercising are the exceptions to her routine, and that her real routine is not exercising and eating poorly.

THIS. 

• Love 6
On 8/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, iwantcookies said:

09DF3CBF-0C3C-4151-B7AB-162556F5B7A2.jpeg

1B59B242-E274-4ED1-893F-234C6F50B1E0.jpeg

Wow Aspyns bottom half is HUGE!

Gabe would look so much better with a proper haircut, he looks like he has an old mop on his head and he has strong features, big nose etc and that hair is not helping

• Love 7

Good grief, that woman "discovers" something new every day.  Has she never gone to a supermarket or a farmer's market?  What a sheltered life she appears to have lead.

Of course, Christine was feeding her kids so she probably didn't do much of the shopping since she was ostensibly the bread winner in that cult family.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

This whole getting out of a routine of moving when she travels is so odd to me. I move even more when I travel. I hike. I climb. I row. I go all day and come to my airbnb and soak my aching 55-year-old body in a tub so I can get up and do it again tomorrow. 

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yet another "rockstar". At least these don't look half bad!

Though I suspect that tomorrow she will be complaining about digestive issues, either from the grease or the peppers. She would benefit from an elimination diet if she'd add back foods one ingredient at a time to get to the bottom of which foods cause her gut issues and which do not.  It is very easy to do when you cook/make everything "from raw".

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B3EC2706-D900-4B16-BBC3-CC3AF4B0B50D.jpeg

95FB9ACD-07DC-4C4B-96F7-74D9A6DC88E1.jpeg

She has to be trolling us. This looks worse than a lot of her other food posts. If I want to see burned things in a pan, I can look at one of my own cooking mishaps. You won't catch me using a Teflon pan though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm sorry, not a huge fan of peppers over here but who in the everloving crap eats an ENTIRE pan of peppers?  I mean I love baby carrots but I would not eat an entire bag of them.  I suppose when her gut inevitably becomes distended, she can soothe it with some of that expired peppermint tea and maybe a few scoops of stale chamomile but my gosh, this woman cannot be in her 50's and still have no concept about how food works.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
On 8/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, Sandy W said:

On 8/4/2021 at 10:11 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Could be Christine is getting ready for Truley to go back to school.  Some of the districts in my area started this week.  

Judging about what is now over in the Christine thread, she is most likely at home packing and such for whatever is going on with her housing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Judging about what is now over in the Christine thread, she is most likely at home packing and such for whatever is going on with her housing.

I was wondering if maybe moving Christine and Truley to Utah was the excuse for this family reunion.  Janelle and the kids help Christine get out of dodge so Truley could settle in for school?  

• Useful 5
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sorry, not a huge fan of peppers over here but who in the everloving crap eats an ENTIRE pan of peppers?  I mean I love baby carrots but I would not eat an entire bag of them.  I suppose when her gut inevitably becomes distended, she can soothe it with some of that expired peppermint tea and maybe a few scoops of stale chamomile but my gosh, this woman cannot be in her 50's and still have no concept about how food works.

My husband. He eats baby carrots by the pound and he loves spicy food. I can see him eating that entire pan of peppers.

• Love 5
On 7/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, Teafortwo said:

I agree; however,  the problem with this surgery is that if you don't change your eating habits afterward,  you can end up stretching what's left of your stomach. I know two people who ended up in serious trouble after this. They started out with reduced appetite but eventually just started eating more and more again. (I do not remember whether they had gastric bypass or the lap band surgery.)

My daughter in law and her parents all went through this process.  Not one of them is any thinner than when I first met them nearly 10 years ago because the discipline simply wasn't there.

• Love 1

Christine has pics on SM of at least two visits to see Mykelti, Tony & Avalon.  It is probably nicer to get more time with the baby when the extra 25 fambly members aren't there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 8/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, b2H said:

My daughter in law and her parents all went through this process.  Not one of them is any thinner than when I first met them nearly 10 years ago because the discipline simply wasn't there.

Also the prep involved before surgery.  You are on a liquid diet and required to lose a good amount of weight prior to the surgery.

• Useful 2

Why is this self-proclaimed health coach even contemplating buying and eating candy corn, unnecessary pure sugar, weeks before Halloween?  And letting her followers vote on it?  The answer is obviously NO!  A couple of "kernals" may not hurt you or your kids, but Janelle's go-to fambly-sized bags of it will. My teeth hurt just looking at those bags full.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Why is this self-proclaimed health coach even contemplating buying and eating candy corn, unnecessary pure sugar, weeks before Halloween?  And letting her followers vote on it?  The answer is obviously NO!  A couple of "kernals" may not hurt you or your kids, but Janelle's go-to fambly-sized bags of it will. My teeth hurt just looking at those bags full.

Same here.  She's more of a COL than any of us!  

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

THIS.

Janelle is an idiot. 

• Love 9

FFS 83 days until Halloween and this "rockstar" is buying the gross crap, if you are going to overdue it, at least buy Twix..😍

She just needs to STFU about her dietary issues, her healthy choices are nonexistent, glad she has the extra storage unit to stash all this candy

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

I have a terrible sweet tooth and a couple of months ago I gave up candy (except for a random Hershey kiss here and there).  It didn't take long to lose my taste for sweet candy, and that candy corn is a definite turn off to me.  Should have done it ages ago...  Janelle, you could do it too.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Quilty1 said:

She looks like she's going to explode or have a heart attack.  She does not look healthy.

If anything happens to Janelle, the care of Savanah will fall to Christine. Maddie doesn't appear to be close with her at all.

• Love 4