Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, ginger90 said:

She’ll be in recovery mode for a while after her trip.

Time difference 

On the road foods 

Lack of exercise 

But, Plexus will get her through.

YUP! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Dining "in the evening shade of the RV" - how picturesque.  What is it like when the wind picks up and blows prairie dog plague dust onto your food and into your eyes?  Or a torrential downpour turns it into a mud bog?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Dining "in the evening shade of the RV" - how picturesque.  What is it like when the wind picks up and blows prairie dog plague dust onto your food and into your eyes?  Or a torrential downpour turns it into a mud bog?

They will probably eat inside on those days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

So sad Janelle, you can dress up your post with romantic sounding words like "evening shade", "al fresco", and "stargazing", but the inescapable fact is, you are squatting on an arid patch of scrubby dirt.

I wonder why she didn't park that rig closer to the trees, you would think more shade there?  I notice she hasn't mentioned a cooling breeze wafting over Golden Pond as at this time of the year, it would be dry, caked mud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Judging from all of the pics, Jamestown & Williamsburg look exactly like they did when I was there ~55 yrs ago.  That's the point, I guess.

The colonial area in Williamsburg never really changes (the shops may change but the external appearance is the same). The area just around the colonial area and the college has changed tremendously though. There is a ton more housing - much of it targeting retirees/empty nesters; more retail and many more restaurants. 

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4E30CEBD-9AC4-4F17-8243-678E829C0027.jpeg

The picnic table was obviously wobbling so she stuck a rock under the leg…. 
She’s so low maintenance… couldn’t kody grab a shovel and take a couple scoops of the gravel and level the table?

who am I kidding… there’s no way kody is hanging out in an RV and stargazing at a picnic table.

RV’s have thin walls and there’s not a lot of room… Janelle acts like she has a pretty passionate  sex life with kody… poor Savanah I hope she has ear plugs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

It will improve the recipe? Her food can’t get any worse…

mmm is that a new seasoning mommy?

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 10

The picnic table was the only thing on the land before Janelle moved her RV.  Kody sits there at their all-important meetings.  I think it's also where Robyn brought Meri and Kody to negotiate the peace treaty about the plots of land.  The wives bring their own lawn furniture.

On a separate note, when Robyn and Kody had to return to get toys out of the U-Hauls, Kody did propose that they could just live in trailers on the land.  Robyn adamantly refused.  But, then, she's not Janelle.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Robyn lives very close (up the road and around a turn) and Christine's house is about a mile walk across the Valley of the Angels.

And I'll bet that Robyn HATES the fact that she's the closest to Janelle, meaning that if Janelle needs anything, not only can she drop by but Kody can get there fast.  I'm positive Robyn would prefer that she be as far away from that stupid RV as possible.

12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

So sad Janelle, you can dress up your post with romantic sounding words like "evening shade", "al fresco", and "stargazing", but the inescapable fact is, you are squatting on an arid patch of scrubby dirt.

So much this.  An RV that bakes in the sun all day, dirt and dust everywhere, a wobbly paint-chipped picnic table, and a pond full of who knows what kind of bacteria is not the setting most people think of when they "dine al fresco in the evening shade."  Nice try, Janelle.  I think she's trying to convince herself as much as she's trying to convince us.

• Love 14
(edited)
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The picnic table was obviously wobbling so she stuck a rock under the leg…. 
She’s so low maintenance… couldn’t kody grab a shovel and take a couple scoops of the gravel and level the table?

who am I kidding… there’s no way kody is hanging out in an RV and stargazing at a picnic table.

RV’s have thin walls and there’s not a lot of room… Janelle acts like she has a pretty passionate  sex life with kody… poor Savanah I hope she has ear plugs.

Anybody living in the RV is probably also busy worrying about Janelle, the tiny bathroom, and all that canned cabbage 😳 

Eta:  I do think it would fun to live in an RV but one you could drive and only with one other person....but no canned cabbage! 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Anybody living in the RV is probably also busy worrying about Janelle, the tiny bathroom, and all that canned cabbage 😳 

Oh no, you don’t have to worry about that. Plexus cured it.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder why she didn't park that rig closer to the trees, you would think more shade there?  I notice she hasn't mentioned a cooling breeze wafting over Golden Pond as at this time of the year, it would be dry, caked mud.

Guest accommodations, Lula storage, a home for Meri.

20210708_122609.jpg

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So much this.  An RV that bakes in the sun all day, dirt and dust everywhere, a wobbly paint-chipped picnic table, and a pond full of who knows what kind of bacteria is not the setting most people think of when they "dine al fresco in the evening shade."  Nice try, Janelle.  I think she's trying to convince herself as much as she's trying to convince us.

Isn't that kinda what the whole show has been.  Them just "sittin' there" telling a camera over and over and over how a polygamist family is "supposed to be". More to drive it into their own heads to delude themselves that is how it is with their family.

...flashback to an old Tell-All when they brought out Truely and Sol in the end and the adults told the children to say hi or wave at the cameras and Truely put her hand up and quietly said over and over "I don't see the camera, I don't see the camera".  Obviously someone had told her over and over just to ignore the cameras during filming. The poor girl has never had a moment in her life where cameras weren't there or possibly discussions of filming happening all around her.

...on topic...

I also suspect that Robyn also doesn't like the close proximity of Janelle, because Kody can just pop to the property and be with Janelle every day because it's so close and he wants to always be on the property as well.  Taking his focus away from her kids and the fact that her only real "competition" is Janelle.  She can't manipulate Janelle with her emotions...she gets eye rolls or Janelle's cold stare and Janelle isn't on the "outs" with Kody.

• Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4E30CEBD-9AC4-4F17-8243-678E829C0027.jpeg

This photo is typical Janelle. Uninspiring, uninviting, boring. An unadorned table, but, come to think of it, pictures of Janelle's meals in chipped plates wouldn't be great, either. I mentioned it before and I'll say it again: I am so sorry for Savanah. 

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

but the inescapable fact is, you are squatting on an arid patch of scrubby dirt

Now you've got me wondering if Janelle's Squatty Potty® will fit in the tiny RV bathroom.  According to google, the company that makes it is in St. George, Utah.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Them maybe. My guess, Robyn not so much...

I've wondered, more than once about Robyn and Kodys relationship as of today. Not the honeymoon years, but now. He wanted his own suite in his fantasy home. He wants the kids out of their bed. 

So..I wonder if the long long trailer is serving that purpose for BigDaddy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

That's actually a really nice picture of both of them.  Hummm.

I have a several-years history of weekend-warrior nomadism and car camping, and a good amount of my friends live full time in RVs. Their lives are not easy but they've got it figured out. They make the most of a tiny amount of space. On the weekends where I'm traveling and car camping, I end up in flat, wide-open spaces like this more often than not, and while I completely--COMPLETELY--understand the snark here, all I can think about is how freeing and lovely it is. This picture reminds me of that. I'm sure Janelle's living situation is gross, and she wouldn't choose it if she had a choice, but this is a nice picture. There's nothing like a cold beer under the stars at the end of a long, hot day, and that's what this reminds me of.

Buuuut let's be realistic. She's got one of those tiny bedrooms stuffed full of her "rockstar" ingredients and the other one stuffed full of live-laugh-love decor, and she shivered once after taking that picture and hauled ass inside while Koody retreated back to Robyn's where he could pretend to be king.

Still, it's nice to imagine.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

75DE402D-60D5-4367-9603-18EB4FA7D2D8.jpeg

65956F90-E330-48B4-9D10-0FDBE7800408.jpeg

Well. There goes her dreams of a big garden...Smack in the middle of an established herd of Elk, she will need electricity AND a hell of a fence fortress to grow anything.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I want to know how much of a zoom she needed to get that picture.  From what I've seen, the trailer is in the midst of a lot of dirt, with no vegetation nearby.  And if the elk do visit her "yard", I doubt it's for long.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

The elk must be pretty close if she was afraid of startling them by opening the screen door.   I think it’s awesome.  I’ve seen deer on my property twice and I was thrilled.  I flip out when I see a wild rabbit!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought the same thing ! If she wants to buy it and eat the entire thing in two bites, who cares! We don't need her to justify all the time why she does it. (we already know she's lazy) I guess her dog ate a lot of her homework when she was a kid... 🤔

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

It really says something about Janelle when we read her actual posts and we all have to think long and hard about whether or not it's her or a parody, lol.

I just love how she argues with herself on the majority of her posts....like, yes I bought these and yes I could make them but listen beyotch you know I ain't got the time or the space or any inclination whatsoever for that kind of hard work so Imma shut that down faster than I can catch E. coli from a dip in my pond.  

Ok, but I still rilly rilly need to know why she never has time for anything. She is always blaming time, but what does she do all day, every day, all year long? She doesn't get days off from whatever it is?  I must know what is keeping her so darn busy! (I don't know why I care, but I rilly do, and it's a big dill to me)

Dehydrating things doesn't really take much time IMO. Sure, the prep takes a bit, then the dehydrator does all the work. She could even make a screen frame and dehydrate stuff on her  dining  picnic table, (that was probably painted with the very last can of lead-based red paint, because the Brown's painted it), and that would be even less work. (Well except for the probable plague contaminants and possible Elk  or squirrel/chipmunk grazing). It could be a fun thing to do with Savanah.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

True.  What’s the saying...We have all the time there is.  Lol. I do sort of wonder what you do when you support yourself as an influencer....isn’t that what they’re called?  You must have to figure out what you’ll post, the reaction, responses, products, etc.  just guessing....it might be time consuming. 🤑

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

True.  What’s the saying...We have all the time there is.  Lol. I do sort of wonder what you do when you support yourself as an influencer....isn’t that what they’re called?  You must have to figure out what you’ll post, the reaction, responses, products, etc.  just guessing....it might be time consuming. 🤑

That makes sense! I can see that taking time to organize it all..sort of like lesson plans for a teacher. If one isn't good at organization or writing I can see where that would take many hours. I guess it's because she's rather inept at it (judging by her Strive posts) that I didn't believe she put much thought into it.

The way she talks about her ultra busyness makes me think of a high-powered excec who works 14 hrs a day, lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Someone else with real knowledge should correct me, but the actual work in dehydrating doesn't take that long.  You just prepare the cauliflower.  The dehydration process itself runs 6-12 hours in a rockstar Instant Pot or Airfryer (and I believe Janelle has both), but it's a non-activity for Janelle.  During that time, she could sleep or watch online cat videos, or whatever else keeps her oh-so busy.

Maybe she just can't wait that long to gobble it up.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Someone else with real knowledge should correct me, but the actual work in dehydrating doesn't take that long.  You just prepare the cauliflower.  The dehydration process itself runs 6-12 hours in a rockstar Instant Pot or Airfryer (and I believe Janelle has both), but it's a non-activity for Janelle.  During that time, she could sleep or watch online cat videos, or whatever else keeps her oh-so busy.

Maybe she just can't wait that long to gobble it up.

Oh! I didn't think about air fryer/instant pot!
Years ago, I had a countertop one with the trays, and used to make dried apple rings. The time-consuming part was slicing, seasoning and dunking in lemon juice. One it was in the machine, I forgot about it for a few days! (I'd make some again, but I loaned the dehydrator to my sister and never saw it again, lol)

I dearly hope Janelle will try it, just so we can all see how unappetizing she can make plain old dried fruits or veggies look 😆 

• LOL 7

The elk must be pretty close if she was afraid of startling them by opening the screen door.   I think it’s awesome.  I’ve seen deer on my property twice and I was thrilled.  I flip out when I see a wild rabbit!

For some reason, I just assumed the screen door squeaks. Loudly.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1