Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

I’ve never really cared for Leon’s personality and what I perceive as their righteous, pretentious, “look at me, I’m so special/ better-than-you” attitude— but they look like a bigger version of their little sister Ari here. Not my aesthetic, but to each their own—as long as they’re happy.

• Like 12
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe Leon's hair is an homage to the Sun King.

images.jpegdownload (1).jpeg

Looks more to me like somebody from Tiger King; nobody specific, just that crazy, unwashed, unkept, little bit off but desperate for attention vibe. Looks like Leon just rolled onto of bed in undies and needs a shower. 

How much of this was done to irritate their parents? This is a far cry from Kodys white bread patriarchy lifestyle or Meri wanting to come off like everything is Stepford Wife Brady Bunch perfect.
I mean live your best life Leon, but take a shower and put on some pants, please.

17 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I’ve never really cared for Leon’s personality and what I perceive as their righteous, pretentious, “look at me, I’m so special/ better-than-you” attitude— but they look like a bigger version of their little sister Ari here. Not my aesthetic, but to each their own—as long as they’re happy.

This is what I’ve been trying to figure out how to express. Still pretentious and self righteous, desperate for attention yet claiming to shun it, just shifted from polygamist child to dirty hipster adult.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I thought I remembered that Leon and Audrey were sharing a house with two other people.  Maybe one of them came into frame and didn't want to be part of Leon pretention fest.  BTW I can't imagine actually living with Leon.  They seem like a slob in addition to the endless pontificating about their cause of the day.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Leon had a good surgeon though. You can barely see the scars. And I'm thinking surgery can't have been more than a year ago. 

The rest of it is just bad. I don't understand the social media trend of putting unkept images of yourself out on social media to prove "realness." We've seen Leon take a very nice photo, and Audrey mostly puts out very nice photos. Leon seems to be taking appearance tips from Tony.

I would also like to hear Leon's take on the claims of child abuse by Meri.

• Like 6

I dont think Leon blurred their nipples - I think they are just not there anymore.

Apparently, as part of top surgery, one can have their nipples grafted back on (usually after re-shaping them).  Some people opt to skip the graft and instead get a 3D tattoo of a nipple after they have had some time to heal. And some people just skip the nip altogether because they don't want them at all for their own personal reasons.  

It doesn't look like Leon did the graft, so either they are planning tattoos or just not planning on nipples at all, I guess.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 4
  • Useful 8
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I dont think Leon blurred their nipples - I think they are just not there anymore.

Apparently, as part of top surgery, one can have their nipples grafted back on (usually after re-shaping them).  Some people opt to skip the graft and instead get a 3D tattoo of a nipple after they have had some time to heal. And some people just skip the nip altogether because they don't want them at all for their own personal reasons.  

It doesn't look like Leon did the graft, so either they are planning tattoos or just not planning on nipples at all, I guess.

This was true for a cis female friend of mine who had a mastectomy due to breast cancer.

I don't know what insurance tends to cover for gender-affirming procedures, but my friend's mastectomy was medically necessary (her own mom died of b. c. at 40, and my friend had the BRCA gene), and while insurance would then (15ish years ago) pay for my friend's reconstructive surgery, it didn't cover nipple tattoo (graft wasn't an option for her because of the cancer). 

• Useful 9

I don’t understand what Audrey sees in Leon. Audrey always seemed fun, kind, gets along with everyone, go with the flow type. And they always appeared neatly dressed and stylish. Leon, on the other hand, is surly, entitled, bratty and pretentious. And Leon just comes across (physical appearance-wise) as dirty, greasy and sloppy. What is the appeal?

• Like 20
  • Useful 1
On 1/26/2023 at 7:37 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Looks more to me like somebody from Tiger King; nobody specific, just that crazy, unwashed, unkept, little bit off but desperate for attention vibe. Looks like Leon just rolled onto of bed in undies and needs a shower. 

How much of this was done to irritate their parents? This is a far cry from Kodys white bread patriarchy lifestyle or Meri wanting to come off like everything is Stepford Wife Brady Bunch perfect.
I mean live your best life Leon, but take a shower and put on some pants, please.

This is what I’ve been trying to figure out how to express. Still pretentious and self righteous, desperate for attention yet claiming to shun it, just shifted from polygamist child to dirty hipster adult.

This!  I think Leon loves rattling their cages.

Leon is the polar opposite of Meri, Meri filters the shit out of every pic she takes and Leon goes to the opposite extreme.

JMO but Leon has always been a spoiled rotten attention whore, I'll never forget their performance sitting in the driveway like a psycho in Vegas because they weren't able to move in to their house.

• Like 9
  • LOL 7
On 1/26/2023 at 4:32 PM, General Days said:

This was true for a cis female friend of mine who had a mastectomy due to breast cancer.

I don't know what insurance tends to cover for gender-affirming procedures, but my friend's mastectomy was medically necessary (her own mom died of b. c. at 40, and my friend had the BRCA gene), and while insurance would then (15ish years ago) pay for my friend's reconstructive surgery, it didn't cover nipple tattoo (graft wasn't an option for her because of the cancer). 

I had a double mastectomy and opted not to get the tattoos. I just was exhausted at that point with surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. and I never gave it another thought.

My oldest had top surgery last year , they were able to put the nipples on and it was covered by insurance. But I guess it is different for everyone. It is a very difficult surgery. Even for my mastectomy, which I know was different, but for me the mastectomy recovery was very difficult. (maybe because I had chemo first.) 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 19
7 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I don’t understand what Audrey sees in Leon. Audrey always seemed fun, kind, gets along with everyone, go with the flow type. And they always appeared neatly dressed and stylish. Leon, on the other hand, is surly, entitled, bratty and pretentious. And Leon just comes across (physical appearance-wise) as dirty, greasy and sloppy. What is the appeal?

Idk what the appeal is. Leon just looks gross.

• Like 11
5 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Idk what the appeal is. Leon just looks gross.

It’s a pity that Leon has such a lousy pretentious know-it-all personality.. blech!

I know people and I’m sure others know people who aren’t going to win any beauty pageants but they’re so sweet, sincere and wonderful that they look appealing, their goodness shines through and it makes them very attractive…. By the same token I’ve known people who are very good looking but they’re so selfish, petty, shallow and mean that they start to look ugly.

Leon is the worst of both worlds.

I think being the only child of HBIC Meri didn’t do Leon any favours, Meri indulged their every whim, they always had to have the best of everything even though there was a million kids and only so much money to go around.

Allowing them to rule the roost and attend Westminster then Loyola in Chicago before flying off to study yoga in Bali was ridiculous meanwhile other children with much greater potential had to go to school locally…. I’m sure Logan would have rocked a Harvard education.

Leon wanted Westminster, Loyola and Bali for bragging rights and nothing more.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Auto correct
  • Like 7
  • Applause 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

It’s a pity that Leon has such a lousy pretentious know-it-all personality.. blech!

I know people and I’m sure others know people who aren’t going to win any beauty pageants but they’re so sweet, sincere and wonderful that they look appealing, their goodness shines through and it makes them very attractive…. By the same token I’ve known people who are very good looking but they’re so selfish, petty, shallow and mean that they start to look ugly.

Leon is the worst of both worlds.

I think being the only child of HBIC Meri didn’t do Leon any favours, Meri indulged their every whim, they always had to have the best of everything even though there was a million kids and only so much money to go around.

Allowing them to rule the roost and attend Westminster then Loyola in Chicago before flying off to study yoga in Bali was ridiculous meanwhile other children with much greater potential had to go to school locally…. I’m sure Logan would have rocked a Harvard education.

Leon wanted Westminster, Loyola and Bali for bragging rights and nothing more.

The thing about Bali? The average yoga instructor package in Bali costs LESS than what Meri is charging for her “retreat”.

I wonder what Leon thinks of their mother attempting to rip people off like that. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I wonder what Leon thinks of their mother attempting to rip people off like that. 

I guess they are okay with it. The money will sure benefit them, too.  After all, Leon was nothing more than a keyboard-warrior. They did the talk, but did they walk the walk? Don't think so.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

The thing about Bali? The average yoga instructor package in Bali costs LESS than what Meri is charging for her “retreat”.

That’s just it… I don’t think Leon cares about the cost as long as it sounds impressive 

“I studied yoga in Bali” sounds so much more pretentious than “I got my yoga credentials from the local YMCA”

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Elodia said:

I guess they are okay with it. The money will sure benefit them, too.  After all, Leon was nothing more than a keyboard-warrior. They did the talk, but did they walk the walk? Don't think so.  

You have a point there. For all the squawking Leon does, they never actually DO anything. They just pretend to be a warrior for injustice. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

You have a point there. For all the squawking Leon does, they never actually DO anything. They just pretend to be a warrior for injustice. 

And if I remember correctly, when Leon and Audrey first moved to Colorado they made a post talking about how expensive it is and if anyone wanted to donate money to them so they could get coffee's or whatever that would be great, and they listed their venmo account.  Plus, both of them tried to claim that their dogs were ESA to get out of buying separate plane tickets for them and that blew up in their face.  So neither of them are above grifting a bit.  I still like Audrey though, Leon seems insufferable. 

• Like 12

One might think that Leon asking people to Venmo some coffee money could be taken as a joke, but from what we know of Leon (and their mother), I believe it was a very serious request.  "We moved, it's expensive, we didn't think this through, we're broke, we need coffee.....let's ask our fans!" 🙄

Do we know what these two do for a living besides asking people for money?  I assume Audge no longer does PR for Lizzie's and Leon is done with school?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

One might think that Leon asking people to Venmo some coffee money could be taken as a joke, but from what we know of Leon (and their mother), I believe it was a very serious request.  "We moved, it's expensive, we didn't think this through, we're broke, we need coffee.....let's ask our fans!" 🙄

Do we know what these two do for a living besides asking people for money?  I assume Audge no longer does PR for Lizzie's and Leon is done with school?

It don’t think it was Leon who posted that, I believe it was Audrey.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It don’t think it was Leon who posted that, it believe it was Audrey.

Yes, it was Audrey that posted it because instead of wondering if grifting was hereditary I wondered if it was spread by mouth “harmones”. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 11

I was never convinced that Leon ever actually attended many courses in Chicago.  Every posting of Leon was at some coffee house or cafe unless doing yoga by the drainpipe in a basement.  Sometimes there were artfully arranged books but no real evidence of class work.

Leon inherited the ability to reframe events from Meri.

• Like 9

I would think Mama Bear wouldn't be supporting her child and partner, when they are educated, live in an expensive city, and are in their late 20's.  It seems Meri has always had a guilt complex where Leo is concerned.  I suppose I'd have a sense of guilt about the catfish stuff too, but Meri seemed to feel guilt that she wasn't able to give Leo a "full sibling."  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I feel like Leon hasn't really been on the show in any substantive way since prior to the pandemic, so I feel bad when people post about them like they're still an unhappy 16/17-year-old who was uprooted from their home and community. I feel like I know very little about them at this point.

I'm not going to hate the kid because the mother has rough edges.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I feel like Leon hasn't really been on the show in any substantive way since prior to the pandemic, so I feel bad when people post about them like they're still an unhappy 16/17-year-old who was uprooted from their home and community. I feel like I know very little about them at this point.

Well, Leon and Audge had almost daily SM posts while in Chicago so it's not like they have been totally off the radar.  Leon's MO was to post rants about social justice issues but appeared to be all talk and no action. That didn't stop until Leon appeared to get a job that put the kibosh on that kind of crap.

What we have seen posted is not pretty.  Reference that inspid video preaching Leon's deep thoughts about making coffee.

• Like 11

Leon is about the same age (a year or two older than) as my oldest kids. I just feel like they've been going through a lot of stuff. I don't think, as far as their behavior on the show is concerned, that they've earned a lot of our ire.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Well, Leon and Audge had almost daily SM posts while in Chicago so it's not like they have been totally off the radar.  Leon's MO was to post rants about social justice issues but appeared to be all talk and no action. That didn't stop until Leon appeared to get a job that put the kibosh on that kind of crap.

What we have seen posted is not pretty.  Reference that inspid video preaching Leon's deep thoughts about making coffee.

Yup and after leaving Chicago and the daily avocado toast lunches and yoga displays they moved to Flagstaff and they went to Parowan and ran Lizzie’s for quite a while after Bonnie died, more yoga, more avocado toast… then the suddenly moved to Colorado and rented a place with another couple that don’t seem to be around anymore, they adopted another rescue dog, Audrey had their top surgery, I’m trying to figure out when Leon had their surgery?

Seems like they’ve kind of fallen off the map until Leon’s pretentious post with the French coffee press… or maybe I just haven’t followed them closely enough to notice.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 7
15 hours ago, Elodia said:

Leon's Insta says they're a "writer". Whatever that means. 😉

There’s a bit of Whitney Thore-ness in there — no professional experience in something, but let’s call ourselves that anyways because maybe we’ve done it once. 

I can technically say I’m a writer having had a couple things published. But I don’t. it was just senior thesis and a research grant report. Until I’m paid professionally for my work, I’ll never call myself a “writer”.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, LilyD said:

(clipped)

Maddie reminds me of Leon. Both had impressive ambitions which changed a number of times, and both went to several colleges doing whatever… Maddie never finished anything and there are reasons to suspect Leon didn’t either. And lastly, both are sort of working in whatever it is they’re doing , but it certainly has little to do with what they studied in college.

(clipped)

I brought this over from the Maddie Brown thread

Leon graduated from Westminster and then went to Loyola for their Masters. Maybe they didn't complete it. I don't know, but a lot of people don't finish their graduate degrees (or don't finish them quickly), and Covid might have just derailed it, or made them rethink it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Other than making coffee with a French press (I think), I don't know anything about what Leon and Audrey are doing. I believe Leon worked as a program manager at a non-profit when they lived in Salt Lake City (after their stint at Lizzie's). For all we know, they moved to CO for a good solid job or jobs. Certainly it was to be in a more accepting place for trans people than SLC (although there are trans-phobes everywhere, alas).

I kinda feel like this thread is a bit too hard on them. It wasn't their fault they were the only child in a large family and Meri raised them to feel entitled. And I cannot imagine the pain of trying to suppress one's true self while living in a fundamentalist environment....  Yes Leon is unlikeable in many ways and I don't admire the "emotional support" animal fakery and some other things, but I don't think they are any better or worse than some of the other sibling. If anything, more deserving of compassion than some.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Can someone tell me what type of work Audrey does again…I know did some sort of work for the B&B  did she major in marketing or something else? I can’t remember what exactly she did for the B&B.

Graphic design.  She did brochures and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, General Days said:

I brought this over from the Maddie Brown thread

Leon graduated from Westminster and then went to Loyola for their Masters. Maybe they didn't complete it. I don't know, but a lot of people don't finish their graduate degrees (or don't finish them quickly), and Covid might have just derailed it, or made them rethink it.

According to several reddit comments recently, Leon is pursuing their doctorate in social work or some sort of related field. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

According to several reddit comments recently, Leon is pursuing their doctorate in social work or some sort of related field. 

So nothing has changed in, what, four years?  Slow learner, that one.

• LOL 7
24 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

So nothing has changed in, what, four years?  Slow learner, that one.

I have forgotten the timeline but if Reddit is correct then Leon finished their Bachelors at Westminster, Masters in Utah, then worked, and then now pursing a new degree - doctorate (PHD) in Colorado. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I have forgotten the timeline but if Reddit is correct then Leon finished their Bachelors at Westminster, Masters in Utah, then worked, and then now pursing a new degree - doctorate (PHD) in Colorado. 

As I recall, the postings from Chicago were all about pursuing a Masters in Social Work or somesuch while in Chicago (Loyola?).  As far as we know, Leon never actually finished there; there was certainly nothing posted about graduation.  As posting-happy as Leon is, I can't imagine staying silent about something like that. 

Leon certainly made a big deal about the Bali experience. You'd think Leon would be equally effusive about graduating with a Masters.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

As I recall, the postings from Chicago were all about pursuing a Masters in Social Work or somesuch while in Chicago (Loyola?).  As far as we know, Leon never actually finished there; there was certainly nothing posted about graduation.  As posting-happy as Leon is, I can't imagine staying silent about something like that. 

Leon certainly made a big deal about the Bali experience. You'd think Leon would be equally effusive about graduating with a Masters.

I thought they moved back to Utah to finish their Masters. But you're right, it seems like it would have been an announcement though I recall they stepped back from social media for a long while. If Reddit is to be believed then they likely did finish it - because now they are going to the next level of PhD. Or maybe it's a combined program. We probably won't ever know unless they are suddenly called Dr.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1