Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Pumpkin pie is an affectionate term such as sweetie. 

I can definitely see this as an affectionate term. For a child.... Not for an adult.  But that's just another odd thing they apparently find normal.  The same goes for affectionately calling your partner a pudgy pumpkin pie when that partner is bigger than average. Really?? I just find it incredibly disrespectful, especially when it comes from someone who loves you. 

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I hope those two have found a place of peace.  They've seemed perpetually seeking and dissatisfied for years.  Maybe where they are now is what they were trying to find all along.  I'm going to need to see their current place in life stick for awhile longer to trust they've found themselves fully.  

• Like 9
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

DBE3801E-604B-4BE8-B963-568D92C0055C.jpeg

I can understand being upset about being ask if your  pregnant when you are overweight ( this has happened to me but I was 63 years old so I was more amused than offended) but does she have to be so aggressively rude about it.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
Just now, ginger90 said:

I don’t get the part about their body keeping them alive longer than they thought it would.

Same here… it’s not like they’re 96…. What are they now.. the ripe old age of 25?

wow what a miracle they’re still alive, that must be a new world record!!! 🙄

• LOL 17
4 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I can understand being upset about being ask if your  pregnant when you are overweight ( this has happened to me but I was 63 years old so I was more amused than offended) but does she have to be so aggressively rude about it.

I just realized I did  not use the correct pronouns and cannot edit it because of time. My apologies I did not mean to be rude.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

That seems like an extreme reaction but Leon always did go off about stuff in general so it’s not very surprising. Kind of reminds me of Kody. Are they being asked this constantly then maybe I get it was the final straw, but the post seems over the top for one comment. Was there more to the story that I’m missing or just Leon being Leon?

I don’t quite understand fat keeping them alive longer than they thought.  Are they trying to say they had dark thoughts or depression and though they are not whatever people think is the “ideal body” they kept going and are alive or are they are saying they are surprised they are alive even though they are fat. I mean they are obese but not so large I would think they’d have major problems at 25.  I’m very tired and my translation can make little sense of what exactly it means. Can someone explains what Leon is trying to say?

eta: I saw the other pics and I don’t think they look pregnant either of them…I’m totally confused.

**Saw the most recent pic and the pregnancy comment now makes sense to me.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

I get how you might be insulted if someone asked if you were pregnant and you’re not.  It hasn’t happened to me, but it could have at various times in my life.  I have learned my lesson….I’ve known other people who it happened to.  I made it my policy to NEVER ask or inquire about a pregnant woman no matter how obvious it is.  I remain silent and wait for them to bring it up.   Some people give birth and still look pregnant weeks later, so it’s best not to assume anything.  

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Fosca said:

Yes; they're aggressively rude about everything that bothers them. Which is why it's probably a good thing they didn't go into social work.

Do you know what Leon does for work now? I didn’t know they switch from social work to another field.

Edited by Irate Panda
I keep messing up pronouns sorry!
  • Like 3

Nowadays almost everything you say can be interpreted as offensive, whether it was meant to be or not. People tend to forget that we usually mean well and are genuinely trying to be nice or interested instead of being rude. Even a concerned "are you allright?" can be interpreted as an angry "So you think I look awful?" I find it all pretty upsetting because it creates so much negativity and conflict for no reason....

And that's the whole thing I don't like about Leon: Almost everything is seen as offensive; as a personal attack on their person or what they believe in, even when it's obviously not. Just another reason to stand up and fight and come up with an incredibly rude reply.

(Talking about offensive:  Leon's language on SM; that's what I find offensive!)

• Like 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

And that's the whole thing I don't like about Leon: Almost everything is seen as offensive; as a personal attack on their person or what they believe in, even when it's obviously not. Just another reason to stand up and fight and come up with an incredibly rude reply.

That sounds a little like Meri. Meri throws it back sad and pitiful (passive). Leo(n) is vociferously aggressive.

• Applause 8
  • Love 1

Leon loves to take UMBRAGE and then jump up on a soapbox and lecture you while hitting you over the head with a stick and telling you what a horrible disgusting creature you are!

Yet they expect everyone else to accept them as they are even when they fuck up.

I really wish Leon would fuck off and quit shitting on people for making simple mistakes… where’s all this love and acceptance they talk about?

I guess it only flows one direction, to them.  🙄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here… it’s not like they’re 96…. What are they now.. the ripe old age of 25?

wow what a miracle they’re still alive, that must be a new world record!!! 🙄

I had a nice chuckle. Wait until Leon is 40 and weighs as much or more.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Do you know what Leon does for work now? I didn’t know they switch from social work to another field.

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure when they moved to Denver (and when they lived in SLC) that they were doing something other than social work.  We still haven't received confirmation that they earned their graduate degree, have we?

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
On 10/14/2022 at 11:11 AM, Cetacean said:

Wow, they can find something to lash out about in every conversation. Get over yourself. You aren't that special.

This. And then overreact with the comment about their body keeping them alive longer than they thought it would. I took that to mean they went through cancer or something, which isn’t something to joke about or use to make a point.

It seems Leo hasn’t outgrown their angry, overdramatic asshole phase.

I will say it IS rude to make comments on whether or not someone is pregnant. Best way to respond might be: “No I’m just fat —  thanks for making me feel bad about it.” 

• Applause 5
  • Love 4

I was hopeful that Audrey would temper Leo's nasty attitude, but thanks to Meri, they still act defensive about things.  The old chip off the shoulder, or something like it.

48 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This. And then overreact with the comment about their body keeping them alive longer than they thought it would. I took that to mean they went through cancer or something, which isn’t something to joke about or use to make a point.

I will say it IS rude to make comments on whether or not someone is pregnant. Best way to respond might be: “No I’m just fat —  thanks for making me feel bad about it.” 

Your last sentence is a legitimate response should someone be so rude as to ask that question.  If someone IS pregnant, their friends and family will be told soon enough, and it's not any stranger's business anyway.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

When I was adk that I replied That's my food baby. The customer did not intend to be rude so I responded in a joking manner .

• Like 2
  • Love 4

The thing is sometimes people can innocently say things that aren’t really appropriate but there’s no need for a nuclear explosion type reaction, sometimes it can be a teaching moment.

I had a lady ask me “when my baby was due about 3 days AFTER having one of my children”because I still had a bit of a tummy… she was an older lady and meant no harm, her daughter felt terrible about it but I told her not to worry about it because it was an innocent mistake… I guess I could have lost my mind like Leon and made everyone feel awful.

I have a god daughter who is intellectually disabled, you wouldn’t know it from looking at her but she occasionally asks questions or says things that aren’t quite appropriate, she’s a very sweet girl and desperately wants to fit in and make conversation and this is the exact type of mistake she would make without realizing it wasn’t appropriate.

You’d think Leon with everything they expect others to consider and respect about them and Audrey that they’d give others the same consideration, maybe the person who asked her didn’t know any better and would have benefited from a calm response to set them straight instead of such anger!!

Leon is always pissed off about something or another just like Meri freaking out at someone saying she has beautiful eyes and assuming they’re a STALKER!!! 🙄

They both need to grow up and get over themselves, as someone else said… they aren’t that special.

I watched the Ahmaud Arbery trial from start to finish and the prosecutor drove home the idea that it’s never a good idea to ASSUME THE WORST of another person… the 3 men who chased him in pickup trucks through the public streets assumed the worst, they assumed he had done something wrong, then they assumed he had burglarized a home that was under construction and when they chased him and chased him and he wouldn’t stop trying to run away from them they assumed he might have hurt someone and didn’t want to be caught, eventually they cornered him and killed him…. In reality he hadn’t done anything, he walked into a home under construction, looked around and then carried on jogging but they assumed the worst and killed him for no reason at all…. Now they’ve been sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

• Like 1
  • Applause 13
  • Love 2

Leon has always been a bomb waiting to go off.  Leon looks for reasons to erupt even when remarks are innocent or made with no malice.  Because of Leon's job (apparently) Leon has been either offline or posting to only particular people.  But when Leon wants to lash out, there is no filter at all. 

In Leon's world, it's all about Leon.  Leon believes the entire world revolves around Leon.

Leon, as I have said before, give it a rest.  You are not that special.  Indeed, you are not special at all, there are millions just like you that live quite well without attacking anyone for perceived threats or intimidation.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6

Ok I would never ask anyone if they were pregnant but I can kind of see in this picture why somebody might think they were.  I don’t know how the person asked or what else if anything they said but the angle on this picture made me understand more why somebody thought that compared to the older? pictures I saw where I couldn’t understand why somebody even thought it.

how-leon-responded-to-being-asked-if-the

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Yes, Leon considers asking if they are pregnant to be a micro aggression. And they think it could be fatphobic or transphobic.

I personally think Leon looks pregnant in that photo, but I would never say that to them or anyone else.  It is about where they are carrying their extra weight. 

I agree, boundaries would be easier for all. And that said, people usually ask about pregnancy because they want a moment of shared celebration. 

Intent matters.

And Leon's intent is not always positive. We know that they tried to avoid airline fees by claiming service dogs. We know they have a deep sense of entitlement and no problem taking more from the family coffers than they need or is given to others (college).

Loss of their self righteous rage will likely extend their life as much as weight loss.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

It is hard to tell where Audj’s arm ends and Leo’s begins. It looks like the watch is on Leo’s wrist. That sienna brown bump between Leo's wrists looks too high to be a belly or baby bump, so pregnancy never entered my mind. Is it a sienna brown fanny pack being worn across the torso? Leo has worn a grey one in that position in other pics.

Both of them look very happy about something; what little we can see of the intended object of the photo (according to Leo's later clarifications in the responses) is hidden behind the sink and whatever is in Leo’s back pocket. Leo seems to have inherited Meri's penchant for being cryptic with words and photos and then raging about peoples' guesses regarding their intent.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Yes, Leon considers asking if they are pregnant to be a micro aggression. And they think it could be fatphobic or transphobic.

I personally think Leon looks pregnant in that photo, but I would never say that to them or anyone else.  It is about where they are carrying their extra weight. 

I agree, boundaries would be easier for all. And that said, people usually ask about pregnancy because they want a moment of shared celebration. 

Intent matters.

And Leon's intent is not always positive. We know that they tried to avoid airline fees by claiming service dogs. We know they have a deep sense of entitlement and no problem taking more from the family coffers than they need or is given to others (college).

Loss of their self righteous rage will likely extend their life as much as weight loss.

Good point re: rage. Adrenaline rage can be an  addiction.

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, Elodia said:

The reason Leon posted that picture was because they thought their butt looked great in that jeans, so they were fishing for compliments and felt insulted instead (as always)

Leo.png

So after all that Leon’s mad somebody didn’t say their ass looks good?!?!  So Leon apparently doesn’t mind if you admire their ass…just don’t point out they’re being an ass 🙄 Yep, that sounds like Kody’s and Meri’s child.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Wait, someone in this family is unlikeable? Someone in this family looks for opportunities to feel victimized? I am shocked! Only not really. There continues to be about 4 Browns (not counting the minor children who have no choice but to play the part that they're told to play) who seem remotely bearable.

Leon, sorry your thirst trap didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Ok, actually I'm not. Try not being an ass all the time, and maybe people won't come at you with such negative energy. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I’ve tried to come up with reasons that could explain the provocative, raging anger in Leon. I find it hard to come up with a really good explanation. Part of their character could of course be explained by Meri’s parenting and the example she set in how she treated others, the odd family situation and an inner conflict about one’s true identity.

But would this all add up and create the provocative, raging anger and the need to condemn everyone for what they’re doing? Or are we just seeing a very brave, loud and rude but non-existing digital Leon on SM. One that is completely (ok maybe just a little*) different from the real Leon?

* I know Leon never was the most likeable person to begin with of course. And someone who, as a rule, seemed to be against most things. Oh and definitely lacked a sense of humor! 

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Sorry, but Leon does look as pregnant as their sister Maddie in that pic, imo. Not that I would ever assume or ask that anyone is pregnant, though.

It's not just that, it's all about the pose they picked! So many expecting couples take pictures with their partner's arms lovingly around them and cradling the bump... And when you look at SM, it's also a classic pose to tell the world you are expecting, so that's why I thought they were pregnant too.

And now I'm starting to wonder if it was deliberate? Just to extract such opinions so that they can respond accordingly fly of the handle and tell the world once again how obnoxious we all are?? It would definitely fit their pattern of being provocative and respond accordingly.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6