Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I bet Leon doesn’t cut off anyone who supports them financially. 

True, but I can't imagine anyone other than Meri is doing that now (and I have my doubts about Meri at this point).  Favorite wife Robyn would not put up with Kody giving Leon money at this point.

• Like 8
On 2/24/2023 at 7:04 PM, General Days said:

I have very much found this group to be the most reasonable Sister Wives discussion online, and I recognize you as a good, positive member of this community. I don't mean this to be harsh. If it is, please excuse me (and maybe forgive me -- there has been wine).

I don't follow Leon (or any of the Brown kids online) because (no offense to the young 'uns among us, if there even are any anymore) I find people in that age group hard to take online (not in real life, just online). Generally, they're too intense for me. I watch Sister Wives to escape real world stuff.

That said, when something has made the rounds here, or in the larger fandom, about Leon, it has either been a factual thing, like they've come out as trans/their name is Leon/they had a mastectomy, or it has been yoga poses, and dog pictures. What did Leon do to any of us (or even their siblings)? 

At 16 or 17, Leon was upset, because they got ripped out of their community in Lehi, and dragged to Vegas, and forced into public school, where (if the show is to be believed, and granted, that is a big if) they'd previously been bullied. And then, even though their mom had one of the better credit ratings [Robyn and her Victoria's Secret weren't the only cause of a pause and cleanup, Janelle (oh, she's a financial whiz!) was in a hot mess, too], they were the last family to get approved (for a cul-de-sac mortgage).

Leon wanted their mom to have another baby. Is that any wonder, in this FUpped religion, where all your worth is based on how many spirit babies to which you can give birth? They were angry that their mom had an emotional affair. Who wouldn't be? Seriously, even if you think your Dad is a total ass, no one wants to think about Mommy rubbing one out to a catfisher's pixels.

What exactly has Leon ever done, even on camera, to this family? They were bitchy to their mother after their mother hurt and embarrassed them. That is age-appropriate.

One time, they got cranky with their sisters, when all the girls (not misgendering Leon, but they publicly identified as their assigned-at-birth name and sex at the time) had to cook a holiday breakfast. Oh, and they pouted in the street about their house not being ready by Christmas. That's honestly all I can remember. Since I raised kids of my own, these all seem like absolutely nothing to me. Nothing.

What did you see Leon do on the show, to earn your ire? I don't doubt they did earn it. As I said up top, I recognize you as a productive member of this community. I just don't even know what you've seen that I've missed.

EDIT:

Reading back my own post, I already think I let myself get too het up about it. I think most of my reaction came from reading:

Scathing? Really? How so?

(This might be the TL;DR version of my post.)

Leon was totally justified in their anger towards Meri.  I think generally Leon is surly but I don't have to deal with them.  Leon takes after mom.  An unpleasant personality.  In fact, all the kids take after their moms.  

• Like 17
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I like Audrey better with dark hair.  Is Audrey still working in graphic design?

Audrey still has a website for their graphic design business, and the “about” section references living in Denver. So, that’s fairly recent.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Audrey still has a website for their graphic design business, and the “about” section references living in Denver. So, that’s fairly recent.

Thank you I got a chuckle from the section that described their work with Leon:

Branding project for a wellness blogger in Chicago, IL. Mariah (Brown) is also a yoga instructor and activist…”

I had almost forgotten how Leon (Mariah was how it was listed on Audrey’s website) was trying to take over the wellness market on the interwebz, I guess they got the message Janelle OWNS (TM Jackson Roloff) that niche.  I missed most of Leon’s blogging, did they mention how they were being an activist? I know they went to the women’s March because that was on the show but anything else mention?  The link for the branding is broken on Audrey’s page.  BTW this is a real question, I was curious what Leon did since I tend to only be familiar with their less than stellar moments.

• Like 9

Isn’t it rather strange that Audrey referenced to Leon under the old name? I mean considering Leon’s stance on everyone who got their names and pronouns wrong it is odd that Audrey got to do it. Or maybe they both missed it?

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Isn’t it rather strange that Audrey referenced to Leon under the old name? I mean considering Leon’s stance on everyone who got their names and pronouns wrong it is odd that Audrey got to do it. Or maybe they both missed it?

That was added quite a while ago. I guess they didn’t remember that’s how something on there was worded.

• Like 9
On 3/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, Meow Mix said:

I have absolutely no issue with Leon cutting off certain family members.  It is no surprise to me that some of them would refuse to respect their pronouns or use the correct name.  However, I got the impression from Leon's post when they came out as Leon that they would cut you dead if you made even the slightest mistake in addressing them.  I've known a couple of trans people and they understand that people who have known them for a long time are going to have to adjust and may slip up once in a while.  I don't get the sense that Leon will give grace in those circumstances.

Someone upthread mentioned Leon coming out as a lesbian and Meri's initial reaction.  I have always felt that Leon was deep in their anger at Meri for the whole catfishing mess (couldn't totally blame them since the public voicemails humiliated Leon as well) that Meri could have thrown a ticker tape parade and Leon would still have been pissed.  I agree with those who say she is a product of the worst traits of both her parents.  There are some champion grudge holders in this family.

I don't like Meri at all but I agree. And I get that people coming out as gay or trans shouldn't have to justify themselves or explain but when it's your parent I feel like you should be willing to discuss it with them. Meri was blindsided and had some reasonable questions most parents would have like how long have you known? Are you seeing anyone? Are you still religious? But when Meri tried to ask them on the family holiday Leon was eye rolling and hostile. And so I have the impression they'd be like that with any family member. But I think that's what families do don't they? If my child or sibling came out I'd have some questions. And Madison and Mykelti sure got questioned about wanting to join the LDS church and get married. When you love someone you want to know what they've been going through and want a bit of reassurance that they really are making the best major decisions about their life, for them. I don't think Leon tolerates that, I think they just want you to celebrate and if you're not 100% there yet, you're out.

It's like when they posted that picture of Audrey hugging them from behind with their hands on Leon's very prominent belly and someone asked if they were pregnant and they attacked the poster and told them to gtfo and alleged they were transphobic and fatphobic. I mean, no-one should be asking anyone if they're pregnant but Leon's been on TV and social media for years, they know the kinda stuff people say. And they do have a very large belly and it was a classic pregnancy type pose. I don't think it's okay but if you know social media you know social media constantly speculates about pregnancy. Especially reality TV people like the Duggars and the Browns. It happened to Maddie and Mykelti before they announced their pregancies. Happened to Robyn when they wore a floaty shirt last year in a bar. Leon jumping to that person being transphobic or fatphobic and being so aggressive was just uncalled for. I don't think assuming malice when ignorance is more likely, is the way to go 

• Like 9
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, AngelaBassinet said:

I don't like Meri at all but I agree. And I get that people coming out as gay or trans shouldn't have to justify themselves or explain but when it's your parent I feel like you should be willing to discuss it with them. Meri was blindsided and had some reasonable questions most parents would have like how long have you known? Are you seeing anyone? Are you still religious? But when Meri tried to ask them on the family holiday Leon was eye rolling and hostile. And so I have the impression they'd be like that with any family member. But I think that's what families do don't they? If my child or sibling came out I'd have some questions. And Madison and Mykelti sure got questioned about wanting to join the LDS church and get married. When you love someone you want to know what they've been going through and want a bit of reassurance that they really are making the best major decisions about their life, for them. I don't think Leon tolerates that, I think they just want you to celebrate and if you're not 100% there yet, you're out.

It's like when they posted that picture of Audrey hugging them from behind with their hands on Leon's very prominent belly and someone asked if they were pregnant and they attacked the poster and told them to gtfo and alleged they were transphobic and fatphobic. I mean, no-one should be asking anyone if they're pregnant but Leon's been on TV and social media for years, they know the kinda stuff people say. And they do have a very large belly and it was a classic pregnancy type pose. I don't think it's okay but if you know social media you know social media constantly speculates about pregnancy. Especially reality TV people like the Duggars and the Browns. It happened to Maddie and Mykelti before they announced their pregancies. Happened to Robyn when they wore a floaty shirt last year in a bar. Leon jumping to that person being transphobic or fatphobic and being so aggressive was just uncalled for. I don't think assuming malice when ignorance is more likely, is the way to go 

THIS is why I generally dislike Leon. This very reason.

People can be stupid and say really inappropriate things, to which Leon jumps to the conclusion that they are being “oppressed”, that the person is a hater. No, Leon, they’re just being assuming and inappropriate.

Leon seems to look for things to become angry about — at least they used to. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

I think it's the adults that do this not the kids. Leon seems to be the only Brown kid who looks for things to be angry about and to be defensive and angry about every perceived slight. 

• Like 14
On 3/14/2023 at 6:54 PM, 65mickey said:

I think it's the adults that do this not the kids. Leon seems to be the only Brown kid who looks for things to be angry about and to be defensive and angry about every perceived slight. 

This. And, sadly, I remember being this way a bit as a young adult. Being Jewish, I’d become angry when people would randomly wish “merry Christmas” especially during Hanukkah. “You do know there’s another holiday happening right and not everyone’s Christian?”

I’m ashamed to admit this (hangs head in regret). People were just being nice, and i was being a jerk. Another thing someone pointed out to me when I was in the wrong, and they were right about it. I feel terrible, having been snarky to someone who was just trying to be pleasant. 

Thats Leon. I hope they change and become more kind and understanding. 

• Like 17
  • Hugs 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

This. And, sadly, I remember being this way a bit as a young adult. Being Jewish, I’d become angry when people would randomly wish “merry Christmas” especially during Hanukkah. “You do know there’s another holiday happening right and not everyone’s Christian?”

I’m ashamed to admit this (hangs head in regret). People were just being nice, and i was being a jerk. Another thing someone pointed out to me when I was in the wrong, and they were right about it. I feel terrible, having been snarky to someone who was just trying to be pleasant. 

Well, there, Jewish here too, and I understand where you were coming from as a child. Same here.  But, we outgrew it and Leon hasn't.  It must give them some kind of satisfaction to do that, as an adult.  

PS I am still mildly irked when people who absolutely do know I am Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas Still ask me if I am ready for and what am I doing for Christmas!  But, I just remind them kindly.

• Like 16
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

ITA, exactly.  I'm Christian although my Dad was half Jewish on his father's side, so my maiden surname is vaguely Jewish sounding and grew up in a very Jewish neighborhood.  Well meaning but unaware Jews were always asking me how I was celebrating whatever Jewish holiday was coming up on the calendar.  I never took offense at it, and never would.  I think Leon loves to play the victim in every situation they can and that's where their reaction comes from.  I think if they had grown up in a more diverse environment in a more enlightened culture they wouldn't be that way.  Not to make excuses for them, though.  They didn't grow up 50+ years ago like I did and they're old enough to start knowing better.  Unfortunately I think their ingrained attitude of superiority is working against that.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I don't mind Leon's anger so much. It is rude to ask a person if they're pregnant. It's an offensive question and warrents anger.

What bothers me about Leon's personality is the smug superiority that they display.

They act like they are the authority on what people should think and feel. It's very off-putting.

Like we need Leon to tell us how we should feel about making coffee in the morning. Please...

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Libby said:

I don't mind Leon's anger so much. It is rude to ask a person if they're pregnant. It's an offensive question and warrents anger.

For me I would agree any question or comment about physical appearance is rude.  I won't say it justifies anger.  I think it would warrant something less extreme than anger that would probably not result in equal offense in return.  Something with humor or calmer is more likely to change the offender's behavior in my experience.  This is something that appears is still foreign to Leon.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

For me I would agree any question or comment about physical appearance is rude.  I won't say it justifies anger.  I think it would warrant something less extreme than anger that would probably not result in equal offense in return.  Something with humor or calmer is more likely to change the offender's behavior in my experience.  This is something that appears is still foreign to Leon.  

Yup! I'm guessing upwards of 6 out of 10 non-pregnant women get asked if they're pregnant at least once in their life time. It not a polite thing to ask, but most mean no harm. Most just take the comment in stride and move on.

Unfortunately Leon is a poor mix of self-righteousness and defensiveness. They should take lessons from Truely and learn to chill. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I get people should not ask if someone is pregnant.  I get people being confused about the pose.  The thing about the “are they pregnant?” picture that I thought was the most ridiculous was that I think Leon insinuated or maybe even came out and said that the point of them posting the picture was because their butt looks good in jeans and they were happy people commented on that because that was the intent. How are we supposed to know that a side shot of Audrey attempting to wrap her arms around Leon’s stomach warrants people posting “YOUR ASS LOOKS AWESOME IN THOSE JEANS!”, like what??? 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
On 10/16/2022 at 4:09 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I think it’s kind of hypocritical how pissy Leon reacted to someone asking a question about pregnancy when they actually posed next to Mykelti with both of them patting their tummy’s like they’re pregnant, took a picture and posted it on line…. then “Splendor In the Trash” drew a cartoon of the picture.

so it’s okay and funny when they clown around and suggest that they have the same belly as their pregnant sister but if anyone else mentions or asks it’s War!!!  🤬

800F4877-B9E1-4A24-8889-FF5B3CEB5D46.jpeg

Reposting this to point out how hypocritical Leon is and how they suffer from “selective outrage” 🙄

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, there, Jewish here too, and I understand where you were coming from as a child. Same here.  But, we outgrew it and Leon hasn't.  It must give them some kind of satisfaction to do that, as an adult.  

PS I am still mildly irked when people who absolutely do know I am Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas Still ask me if I am ready for and what am I doing for Christmas!  But, I just remind them kindly.

taking my reply to small talk

14 hours ago, Libby said:

What bothers me about Leon's personality is the smug superiority that they display.

They act like they are the authority on what people should think and feel. It's very off-putting.

Like we need Leon to tell us how we should feel about making coffee in the morning. Please...

I look at Leon's parents. Born or converted  into a sect that teaches victimization, or how to cry victim. 

Add to that, the individual personalities of Leon's parents. Leon was an only child, with a mom that was given preferential treatment until the 4th wife was added. Then there was the dynamic between Kody and Meri. My guess is that anger simmered beneath the surface between those two for years. Leon sensed it, felt it.

Kody is a bombastic  showboat. Already known in the polygamous communities, he became the poster boy for polygamy on a world stage. I'm guessing since Leon was given airtime on SW, they feel like they need to tell the world, too. 

I just don't think Leon can help it. With those 2 parents, the culture Leon was steeped in? Leon's obnoxious, but still alive.  

• Like 5
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

While I see your point,  I feel that this situation was very different. This is social media and not a random meeting out on the street. We post on SM because we wish to share something with other people and because we are looking for some sort of reaction and attention. If you don’t want a reaction, or fear a negative one, don’t post. Period.

And that picture was very provocative if you ask me. Audrey and Leon could have chosen from a million different poses to express their love, but of all available poses, they picked the classic “dad lovingly holding mom and cradling the baby bump”. Their photo shouted “baby on board in every single way”. I can totally see why it fooled many people. And like I said, millions of parents to be choose a rather obvious picture to announce a pregnancy. Heck, I did with baby D3.

I suspect they did this deliberately. It is a perfect way to catch others and berate them for being mean and inconsiderate. It would definitely fit Leon’s personality and their habit of calling others out.

This. I also suspect they baited people until one person finally said something they could get angry about.

They enjoy being angry. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
On 3/17/2023 at 9:54 PM, Irate Panda said:

The thing about the “are they pregnant?” picture that I thought was the most ridiculous was that I think Leon insinuated or maybe even came out and said that the point of them posting the picture was because their butt looks good in jeans and they were happy people commented on that because that was the intent.

Well, in that case they both obviously missed the point of “awesome butt pictures”. Those generally prominently feature butts, in case people don’t know…

I managed to locate the picture after some googling and yes, Leon’s butt is clearly showing, as is the rest of the upper body and Audrey standing behind Leon. Nothing in that picture indicates that we are to look specifically at that body part. It also amused me that Leon’s butt is just above the sink/cabinet with the work top littered with stuff. The sink and stuff on the work top draws way more attention than Leon’s backside which, I’ll give Leon that, indeed looks good with a jeans that does obviously fit well.

• Like 4

Leon's shirt ...

I loves cats and dogs and currently have a granddog living with us. Pet(lol) peeve of mine is pet hair. Pet hair in a kitchen, pet hair on clothes and pet hair on furniture. And really pet hair anywhere including the floor.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Why does Leon always look so grungy? I just want to send them a bar of soap. Audrey doesn’t look perpetually dirty and they live in the same house. I don’t get it. 

Leon seems to have a defiant "in yer face" attitude, deliberately wearing unflattering clothing and greasy looking hair.

It seems as though they are up for a challenge if anyone should dare to remark on this.  They seem to thrive on controversy.

• Like 18
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Leon seems to have a defiant "in yer face" attitude, deliberately wearing unflattering clothing and greasy looking hair.

It seems as though they are up for a challenge if anyone should dare to remark on this.  They seem to thrive on controversy.

Clothes and style divide people. I'm all for being who you want to be. And unflattering clothes may not give you the best look but they can be incredibly comfy to wear! But in my book, there's no excuse to not look after yourself and keep yourself fresh and clean.  You're not alone on this planet and a lack of hygiene can be very unpleasant for others.

E.G. I teach and it really isn't pleasant to work with students who have a sweaty or musty smell over them to name something. Dirty and sticky hands is another pet peeve of mine. I'd be perfectly happy to help and sit next to Audrey but Leon really makes me feel itchy all over. 

I think you're right about Leon's "defiant in ye'r face attitude".  I'm hoping, probably against all odds, that Leon eventually takes a leaf from Audrey's book. Audrey seems to have found their place and firmly stands for what they are without being so provocative, over the top, and negative as Leon...

• Like 12

I used to interview and hire people for a government agency. I would have known in the first five minutes that Leon was not going to work out.  Clean and at least neatly dressed and fully covered were the bare minimum for any position.  Actually one look at social media and I doubt I'd have bothered with an interview.  

• Like 14
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

I used to interview and hire people for a government agency. I would have known in the first five minutes that Leon was not going to work out.  Clean and at least neatly dressed and fully covered were the bare minimum for any position.  Actually one look at social media and I doubt I'd have bothered with an interview.  

I had a boss describe her approach to presentable work clothing.  Look on purpose.  Now, she would have had her hands full with Leon because they may actually look like this on purpose.  But yeah, they would not be hired by me for their surly and combative attitude alone.  

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

They may have taken a leaf from Meri's book, How To Be Edgy.

Meri achieves her look with brown teeth, no lipstick, lawnmower hair, 1980s eyeliner and ill-fitting LLR.

Leon just lets it all hang out..."so this is me". Love it or leave it.

Meri's edgy. 😃 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

People’s site has reported that Leon and Audrey married in a “ secret” courthouse ceremony last October.
I figured they had married already because they were both wearing gold bands on their ring fingers. I guess they decided to forgo the TLC -filmed route.

• Like 7
  • Useful 8