Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, LilyD said:

Didn’t Kody say “how some of  his kids didn’t get  along and fit in with the rest of the family” in one of the recent episodes? He specifically mentioned Robyn’s oldest three, Paedon  and Leon as not fitting in.  (Actually, he didn’t use the name Leon, but that may be because it was recorded before Leon’s coming out?)

I just found it telling… it really felt like he meant a lot more than a few siblings who didn’t get along. Almost as if he was trying to say that he thought they didn’t fit in but knew he would not get away with that. But that may just be my interpretation.

"Doesn't fit in with the rest of the family" definitely sounds like code for "we don't approve/they're not fans of us/politics has torn us apart"

• Like 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Audge looks good! Love their hair. 

They both look really happy together, but when I see photos like this, I think “aren’t they cold?” No hats, no gloves, no real coats! I bet you the snow is going up their pant leg!(yes I’m a fuddy duddy when it comes to the cold)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Those boots they're wearing - don't they cost a couple/few hundreds of dollars?

Maybe they thrift. I have lots of boots that are hundreds of dollars retail that I paid maybe $40 for (Danners, Ugg, Saloman, Ariat). Even Jimmy Choos. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe they thrift. I have lots of boots that are hundreds of dollars retail that I paid maybe $40 for (Danners, Ugg, Saloman, Ariat). Even Jimmy Choos. 

Now that would be the ultimate rebellion against Mama Wetbar. Thrift instead of demanding most expensive brand name available. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Yep. Pretentious is a good word. I didn't like Leon when they were a kid and I still don't. Who really cares what they think about making coffee in the morning? The drama, please...

Edited by Libby
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, Libby said:

Yep. Pretentious is a good word. I didn't like Leon when they were a kid and I still don't. Who really cares what they think about making coffee in the morning? The drama, please...

Ew. Leon always looks so sloppy. Take a shower, comb your hair, brush your teeth, put on some clothes. Is that underwear? You can spend 20min making coffee but can’t take five min to shower? 

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Libby said:

I'm shocked. No avocado toast??? 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
40 minutes ago, Auntie Freeze said:

I don't understand why anyone would put up content like that. Although, I guess it's good that they're 'real' and not all filter happy like their mom... *shrug*

I prefer this to Meri’s fake filtered garbage. It may be pretentious and a bit odd, but it’s real. 

• Like 5

I know everyone's story is different and personal, but from the outside looking in Leon's transition seems so very fast.

I also get Leon may feel very proud, very real and very free with their new chest, but personally, I would want to show it off to the world in a different way.

With that said, and as I've said before, I waiver between more power to you and why not find clothing that flatters you, to anyone who puts themselves out there.

• Like 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I know everyone's story is different and personal, but from the outside looking in Leon's transition seems so very fast.

I also get Leon may feel very proud, very real and very free with their new chest, but personally, I would want to show it off to the world in a different way.

With that said, and as I've said before, I waiver between more power to you and why not find clothing that flatters you, to anyone who puts themselves out there.

I know I’m a naturally cold blooded person, but my first thought is “aren’t you cold????” Of course people can wear what they want in their own house (my friend that lived with me for 10 months in 2018 when she was in between jobs, commented I wore a lot of clothes at home), but unless it’s 85 degrees and the AC is broken I would be FREEZING without a shirt on.

When I make breakfast in the winter time I wear a robe- again, it’s winter. They aren’t at the beach or the pool. I’m not a prude (I’ve found the amount of skin people show has nothing to do with their sexual habits) but I guess there are some people that do walk around shirtless at home. 

I would be FREEZING. And I unless someone is at a beach or pool I would expect them to have a shirt and bottoms on for a public video/photo. Just a “public consumption” standard. But I can admit that I prefer to wear more clothes than the typical person (not a body shame thing, a comfort thing). 

• Like 11
17 hours ago, Libby said:

Pretentious is exactly right.  Audrey also had top surgery a while back and posted a very nice picture explaining how happy they are and that was it.  Leo has to post a vid pontificating about "little moments" and how "mortified" they were by an Adam Sandler movie while we watch them make coffee for 20 minutes.  Leo just seems so insufferable to me while Audrey seems great.  I don't get what Audrey sees in them. 

• Like 19

Is Leon stealing little Aerosol Can’s hairstyle?  Is that a mullet?  Little Ariana’s is cuter. I guess modest is longer hottest for Leon either, although at least they’re not in their bikini briefs posing like Kody did on Little No House on the Prairie dogs plague pond.  

3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

and I bet little hellraiser is swinging from a chandelier because Leon copied her haircut 

Great minds think alike!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
50 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I don't get why they posted this stuff on tiktok, its unflattering and Leon does look like they just woke up, I would have much rather them going back to the scrunched up eye and cheesy smile pics. (cloths on)

The only thing I cannot abide by is that gd mullet!  One thing I have been wondering.  Is top surgery covered by insurance?  

• Like 1

Where’s Mosby or is he now Meri’s dog?

This might be a dumb question but since Leon got surgery does they have to take hormones or it just depends if they want to?  I guess I read Audrey does but is that because she/they (I forgot Audrey’s pronoun or maybe it’s both?) want to or does having surgery means you have to…if so maybe that adds to Leon’s weight although they’ve always been studier/chunky but it’s a lot of weight gain lately, so it more that chunky now, but I wasn’t sure if it’s affected at all by surgery or just her diet and maybe some genetics.  Also, is their surgery covered by insurance if they have it?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2

On a previous episode (season 15 or 16), I can't remember which, Leon said that people always prefer Audrey to them. I certainly do.

I like Audrey a lot, but I don't care for Leon's personality. They are too full of themselves for me. I've never liked them since season one. They have always come across as though they think that they're profound. It's annoying.

• Like 13
13 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

They recently posted pictures of Mosby with them.

Regarding insurance:

Before having top surgery, most surgeons and insurance companies require obtaining one letter of support from a mental health provider competent in transgender health. The mental health provider will determine that you meet the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH) standards of care criteria.

The criteria state that you must:

Have persistent, well-documented gender dysphoria

Be able to make a fully informed decision and to consent to treatment

Have reached legal age to make health care decisions in your country (age of majority or age 18 in the U.S.)

Be managing any significant medical or mental health concerns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
7 minutes ago, Libby said:

On a previous episode (season 15 or 16), I can't remember which, Leon said that people always prefer Audrey to them. I certainly do.

I like Audrey a lot, but I don't care for Leon's personality. They are too full of themselves for me. I've never liked them since season one. They have always come across as though they think that they're profound. It's annoying.

I agree with, I’ve never cared for Leon, the only time I sorta like them was during the catfish thing because I felt like they were put in the middle of it mostly because Meri didn’t want to take responsibility.  That wasn’t fair or nice to Leon.  

Audrey seems less harsh, but they are with Leon, so who knows 🤭but I always thought Leon got their parents worst traits….rigidness/harshness, entitlement, and attention seeking.  I mean I always read the title of this thread as Leon Brown: So Here’s Me….and I’m Still an Asshole.  Maybe I’m jaded because I just watched the cul-de-sac Christmas house staring episode 🤣

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They recently posted pictures of Mosby with them.

I LOVE Mosby! He’s adorable 🥰 Plus I think he’s a good friend to Meri and I’m sure Leon and Audrey as well.  I guess they have 3 dogs now? 

• Like 10

I feel a little bad for Leon. I am not their gatekeeper, and don't want to be. I just want them to be happy. I also remember them as an extra-innocent plyg youth, who thought they were going to have sister wives.

The happiest I ever saw them (then) was as an out lesbian, in love with their college sweetheart. I just hope this transition comes from Leon's soul, and not because they're so dependent on Audrey for everything, that they just followed the leader.

(Please don't hate me. I am trans-accepting and affirming. I just feel like Leon was so happy at Women's March, that I don't know how to place their transition to a trans person. Still, I respect them and want them to be happy.)

I hope they're in a good relationship with Meri, Kody, and their plyg-moms. I am fairly certain Robyn, Christine, and Janelle will accept them.

• Like 19
11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Audrey seems less harsh, but they are with Leon, so who knows

Audrey seems nicer, but I don't know who remembers this: (It's somewhere on this thread, I guess) Both have tried to pass off their dogs as support animals so that they could fly for free. The airline declined and boy, were they pissed. Audrey then wrote a letter of complain to the airline and posted it on her IG. And that letter was so rude and condenscening, it showed that they are pretty entitled. 

Edited by Elodia
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

I remember EmotionalSupportAnimalGate well.  It was at Christmas and Audrey and Leon miraculously and simultaneously developed mental health issues requiring their two dogs fly home for the holidays (for free rather than pay for boarding).  Even their ardent fans went ballistic.  And shortly thereafter ALL of the airlines tightened their requirements for ESA's.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The only thing I cannot abide by is that gd mullet!  One thing I have been wondering.  Is top surgery covered by insurance?  

Yes most insurance covers it in some capacity but it depends on the insurance, the area, the doctors in the area, etc. There's a lot of extra hoops over, say, a cis person seeking a reduction. 

15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This might be a dumb question but since Leon got surgery does they have to take hormones or it just depends if they want to?  I guess I read Audrey does but is that because she/they (I forgot Audrey’s pronoun or maybe it’s both?) want to or does having surgery means you have to…if so maybe that adds to Leon’s weight although they’ve always been studier/chunky but it’s a lot of weight gain lately, so it more that chunky now, but I wasn’t sure if it’s affected at all by surgery or just her diet and maybe some genetics.  Also, is their surgery covered by insurance if they have it?

Hormones are not required for top surgery and vice versa. There used to be an expectation that all trans people should medically transition completely, but that's no longer required. Generally speaking, you only need to take hormones forever if you have your ovaries removed because the human body needs one sex hormone or the other, otherwise you get soft bones. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
11 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

What is this? Is this real?

Confusing. Someone in a dark hoodie walked out to the deck and Leon seems to be speaking to someone else operating the camera. Yet Leon is preparing only 2 coffees and one slice of bread.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

ok I'm a guy and I'm normally down for almost any kind of nudity especially if there's people sneaking around in the background?!?! 😂 but that pushed my limits and it's not because they've had chest surgery, it was the whole pompous ass, french coffee press, smug facial expressions and giant MULLET that turned me off.

• Like 5
  • LOL 14

For me, it is their pretentious musings. 

The greasy mullet and the too tight shorts, I expect those from Leo.

I guess I expect pretentiousness too. But this was too much. I'm guessing now that Leo lists their occupation as 'writer' maybe they are trying out their prose.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Confusing. Someone in a dark hoodie walked out to the deck and Leon seems to be speaking to someone else operating the camera. Yet Leon is preparing only 2 coffees and one slice of bread.

Someone in the hoodie walked out of the kitchen but it looked to me like another person was squatting own on the kitchen floor trying not to be in camera range. 

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Someone in the hoodie walked out of the kitchen but it looked to me like another person was squatting own on the kitchen floor trying not to be in camera range. 

Ya what’s up with that? Like munkin said there were people sneaking around in the background, like crawling on hands and knees with a hoodie on!  So weird 🧐

• Like 3
  • LOL 1