Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’m glad they seemed to have mended their relationship, but it might not ever be what it once was.

I'm not sure they have.  Leon is happy to take Meri's money and free housing during the pandemic but not sure there is any real loving relationship there.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

My guess is that Leon knows full well that they can be as rude as they want to Meri, and push her away as hard as they can, and Meri will still be there because she has nothing else.  Meri can post all the "Look at meeeeeee!!!" posts she wants, but the bottom line is she appears to have ZERO relations with any Browns except maybe Sol and Ari, and only after she pleads for Robyn to let her come over to see the kids (when in actuality, she's probably just trying to get a glimpse of Kody).  Leon might not ever forgive Meri, but at the same time, Meri has never truly apologized for the catfish incident.  It's like watching two brick walls try and come to an agreement about which one of them should be the first to move.  It seems like a pretty miserable existence.

Speaking of which, has Meri posted anything else besides the quick "You are my sunshine?" to Leon?  I find that odd.  Her silence is interesting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Speaking of which, has Meri posted anything else besides the quick "You are my sunshine?" to Leon?  I find that odd.  Her silence is interesting.

Perhaps Meri was one of the people slipping up on names and pronouns so she doesn't dare say anything.

• Wink 5
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps Meri was one of the people slipping up on names and pronouns so she doesn't dare say anything.

Could be but any competent therapist will help someone sort out "is my parent being malicious or just forgetful/adjusting?" 

There is definitely a difference, as I've said before. Leon might have gotten shit from siblings like "Naw, you'll always be <deadname> to me" and let me tell you from personal experience, if someone says that it's like a fucking ice dagger to the heart.

It's also very possible that Meri either gets a lot of trolls or has seen a lot of trolling and nastiness coming at her via social media, and she's keeping quiet about Leon because no one wants to broadcast something that's going to trigger people to go after their children. Meri might also be worried about Leon, and working through those issues, and doesn't want to set HERSELF up to hear about it because it's a hard topic for her. (and again, as a transmasculine person and a parent, I'm very sympathetic to the position Meri is in.) 

It's still fairly new-ish news, and I wouldn't assume anything based on what others do or do not post on social media.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I like them for "stolen goshute and eastern Shoshone land.

Well, huge parts of the United States are built on stolen land. The United States has very rarely honored a treaty that they signed.

If Audge and Leon really cared they would find some place that is not a trendy. expensive place to live. They talk big but they never walk the walk.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Well, huge parts of the United States are built on stolen land. The United States has very rarely honored a treaty that they signed.

If Audge and Leon really cared they would find some place that is not a trendy. expensive place to live. They talk big but they never walk the walk.

Exactly they love to take umbrage on behalf of they’re latest cause and look down their noses at everyone else but what exactly have they personally done or sacrificed to make a difference?

they obviously don’t respect handicapped people who legitimately require the assistance of an actual service dog and decided they’d lie and try to pass off their dogs to save themselves some money.

they were all hell bent about protecting the bees until that became old news

they were ranting and raving while making up a few backpacks for the homeless but that quickly faded from view

i don’t care if they’re gay/straight/or anything else but don’t be a hypocrite!

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

they obviously don’t respect handicapped people who legitimately require the assistance of an actual service dog and decided they’d lie and try to pass off their dogs to save themselves some money.

This one to me is the worst. People pulling these types of shenanigans either don't realize, or flat out don't care, that by lying over needing accommodations make it that much harder for folks with legitimate disabilities. It infuriates me! All over not wanting to pay the fee to fly their dogs, they make other people's lives much more difficult.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly they love to take umbrage on behalf of they’re latest cause and look down their noses at everyone else but what exactly have they personally done or sacrificed to make a difference?

they were all hell bent about protecting the bees until that became old news

they were ranting and raving while making up a few backpacks for the homeless but that quickly faded from view

i don’t care if they’re gay/straight/or anything else but don’t be a hypocrite!

Whatever happened with the Yoga???

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Has there been any yoga postings recently?  

No there haven’t.

Leon doesn’t post much anymore. They have a private Instagram too, so perhaps that’s  where the posting is being done. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Thanks 3
  • Useful 4

The Goshute lived in what is now the western portion of Utah and eastern portion of Nevada - Leo's former homes. 

But Leon now lives in Colorado. Google tells me they are on the traditional territories and ancestral homelands of the Cheyenne, Arapaho, and Ute nations. Why hasn't the land acknowledgement been updated on Leo's IG page?

• LOL 12
11 hours ago, Cetacean said:

This. This entire country has been stolen. And Leon does nothing about it, probably hasn’t actually studied it or incorporated it into anything beyond announcing it on their social media. It’s an “I wanna seem woke” move.

Leon really pisses me off, as someone who’s worked with native tribes and lived amongst them. Leon announces this kind of thing on social media but some of us actually lived it, feeling guilt and awkwardness for what happened to those tribes while still maintaining a good working relationship with them. Leon doesn’t get to feel the lack of trust and anger that rightfully still exists within those people. Leon doesn’t feel the heartache upon seeing the tribe’s living conditions (no electricity, no running water). Leon doesn’t do anything except run their big, fat, vegan hotdog-filled mouth. 

• Applause 8
  • Love 7

They do seem desperate to be in with what's trendy, which contradicts their diatribe about being themselves. Denver is the new "in" place to live, so there they are. I suspect the cost of living will be too expensive long term though. My friend's little brother just moved back to California because rents in Denver keep going up and he can't afford it. His income is possibly similar to what I would imagine Leon and Audrey are making. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"LeoInTheMountains" bugs me.  Not the Leo part, the "in the mountains" part....like the mountains are just another woke accessory that Leo can check off their list.

I picture Leo living in a shack with no indoor plumbing in the mountains based on the screen name . 

• LOL 13

I just watched the movie "Land" yesterday; basically RobinWrightInTheMountains.  It is supposed to be "Wyoming", but it was filmed in my backyard in Alberta.  

Audj's parents live in a Denver suburb, possibly with a pool based on the rainbow unicorn floaties seen in one of their first pics in Colorado.  I wonder if Leo will soon be taking "hiking" photos wearing wedge espadrille clodhoppers, like Meri.

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I picture Leo living in a shack with no indoor plumbing in the mountains based on the screen name . 

That would explain the hair, but I doubt Leo would settle for such primitive accommodations.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
26 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I just watched the movie "Land" yesterday; basically RobinWrightInTheMountains.  It is supposed to be "Wyoming", but it was filmed in my backyard in Alberta.  

Audj's parents live in a Denver suburb, possibly with a pool based on the rainbow unicorn floaties seen in one of their first pics in Colorado.  I wonder if Leo will soon be taking "hiking" photos wearing wedge espadrille clodhoppers, like Meri.

That would explain the hair, but I doubt Leo would settle for such primitive accommodations.

I wonder if they, A and L, are living with A's parents? At least on a temporary basis--or has anyone seen pics of their new place?

24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, I didn't notice Leon's shirt the first time I saw this pic.

This is the caption - image.png.e8341213a26e896fe56e37a1ede44eb4.png

image.png.14db2bb1c879630591be7506ca980ffb.png

It looks like Audrey has an angry keloid scar under the right clavicle. 😒 

• Useful 2
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If Leon went open shirt, it makes me think they've been thinking about this privately for a long while now.

I expect that is true. Don't know if Leon will go the whole breast removal route. Their choice for sure.

I had a small breast cancer in 2013 could have just had a lumpectomy/radiation/chemo, but since my mom had it and died from the treatments I went double mastectomy, no reconstruction no further treatments needed.  Haven't regretted it it for a minute. I am a she, will always be, but don't miss the breasts. I was not going to wait for the second shoe to drop by keeping any of it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11

What does Leo do for a living? Did they graduate? At one point they wanted to be a doctor, and then decided on social work, then yoga instructor. Are they actually working, or living off IG shilling and Meri’s LLR MONEY?  Does Audrey work? I’m honestly curious, not trying to sound sarcastic. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

What does Leo do for a living? Did they graduate? At one point they wanted to be a doctor, and then decided on social work, then yoga instructor. Are they actually working, or living off IG shilling and Meri’s LLR MONEY?  Does Audrey work? I’m honestly curious, not trying to sound sarcastic. 

On Leo’s other IG page they has themselves (is this the right word and maybe have not has…sorry my English is not perfect) Anyway they are listed as a writer and teacher on the public index page:

“Leon Brown they/them

queer
student of life
writer + teacher 
on stolen arapahoe & cheyenne land”

Audrey apparently is a graphic designer, I’m not sure what kind of work except for some stuff for Meri’s B&B 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

eta: I’m don’t know if Leo ever got their Masters, I’m not sure it was confirmed anywhere.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

The reason I mentioned Audrey's red scar under the clavicle.. it looks like A has had a mastectomy. Some folks get keloid ( red, ropy looking) scars. Some scar neatly. The pic I added shows the surgeon's incision lines. Audrey has had a mastectomy.

Screenshot_20220709-000932_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Incorrect pronoun
(edited)
7 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

The reason I mentioned Audrey's red scar under the clavicle.. it looks like A has had a mastectomy. Some folks get keloid ( red, ropy looking) scars. Some scar neatly. The pic I added shows the surgeon's incision lines. Audrey has had a mastectomy.

Audrey posted about their mastectomy several weeks ago, if you go back several pages it’s there, we discussed it.

D0F3CDEF-AE6F-41C1-9FBF-EA22ECE0F131.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It looks like Audrey has an angry keloid scar under the right clavicle. 😒 

I had a nasty keloid scar after a shoulder injury and a huge one after my first c-section.  My doc told me it’s genetic So with my second I received extra care (special silicone plasters) and a prescription for a very expensive cream. It worked miracles. This cream won’t help if you have a poor hygiene though, you need to be very careful with big surgical wounds as those are prone to infection and then leave horrible scars. I suspect neither has a good personal hygiene routine so that’s not going to help. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If Leon/Leo was Mariah on the show and past Instagram, why can’t we refer to them as Mariah in the past? Mary never called them Leon on the show.  That’s all very confusing when discussing the past. They were not Leo when the catfishing was going on. Because they were on a show as Mariah, that was their “character”.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Tallygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

So girls can go topless at school in Colorado? And walk down the main street and go to church that way? And work? Glad I don't live there. I sure don't want to see Leon half naked.

No one is allowed to go topless at school, regardless of gender--therefore, no one is discriminated against based on gender.  Churches are private and can decide (they don't generally allow topless people at any church I have attended).  Anyone, regardless of gender, can walk down the street topless.

Think about it as treating everyone the same.  Personally, I'd prefer nobody is topless in public places other than beaches, and i wouldn't mind if everyone wore rash guards. But I appreciate that everyone is treated the same.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I think that "keloid scar" near Audj's clavicle is actually a second, too-tight necklace and a dark line of dirt on her neck above it in the photo with the long necklace with key.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Anyone can call himself a writer.  I’ve come across some amazing writers out here on the forum😉

yoga instruction qualifies as work and both seem to have issues with work. Has Audrey done anything worth mentioning career-wise over the past 2 years that anyone knows of?

Edited by LilyD
Deleted bit about size and yoga as I do not want to sound offensive
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Anyone can call himself a writer.

Oh for sure.  I have a bit of a bias. That's why I question what she means. Two of my children write things that are really published and people pay for them.  That's what they do for a living.  One writes fiction and the other non-fiction.  Only one of them uses the description of writer.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, LilyD said:

This is not fat-shaming, just looking at it from a very simple and practical point of view.

Except it kind of seems like it, even if not intended that way (and I'm sure you don't mean it that way). Asanas can be modified and supported if needed, and it often isn't needed. Size doesn't preclude one from teaching or practicing yoga, they simply practice it in a way that makes sense for them.

I notice you've mentioned Leon's and Audrey's size a few times. Bodies are bodies. They come in all shapes and sizes. 

Regarding the topless thing...I know at Pride in Seattle, there are topless people. Bottomless people. All kinds of nudity. Which is legal but only really common at Pride. Let me tell you, I've seen some things...

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh for sure.  I have a bit of a bias. That's why I question what she means. Two of my children write things that are really published and people pay for them.  That's what they do for a living.  One writes fiction and the other non-fiction.  Only one of them uses the description of writer.  

Which one, the fiction writer?  

• Useful 1

Yes, the fiction writer says he's a writer.  It's the only "job" he's had since grad school.  I put job in quotes because he'd write whether he was paid for the books or not.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yes, the fiction writer says he's a writer.  It's the only "job" he's had since grad school.  I put job in quotes because he'd write whether he was paid for the books or not.  

It is interesting to me that so many people consider themselves writers without professional experience or education.  Posting on boards and writing for my personal social media accounts doesn't make me a writer.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Yes, the fiction writer says he's a writer.  

I thought so, since I'm a scientist, with published non-fiction books and articles, who has never referred to myself as a "writer".  Apparently only people who make things up think of themselves as "writers".  Has writer Leo started using capital letters or still emulating e. e. cummings?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Except it kind of seems like it, even if not intended that way (and I'm sure you don't mean it that way).

I’ve deleted part of  my original post as it is indeed not my intention to sound that way.

• Love 2

Someone here said a person doesn't have to change their name legally, but just announce to the world what their new name is? I don't think that would work for social security...they want proof of what your name is, like a birth certificate. So if Leon applies for a job, they would have to list their old name on the application form? Then argue with the new employer as to what they would be called? Also. if a person declares that they are now trans, and have no surgery or hormone treatments, how is the world suppose to recognize that they are now different? I just do not understand this? Leon looks the same in pictures as they always did?

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Someone here said a person doesn't have to change their name legally, but just announce to the world what their new name is? I don't think that would work for social security...they want proof of what your name is, like a birth certificate. So if Leon applies for a job, they would have to list their old name on the application form? Then argue with the new employer as to what they would be called? Also. if a person declares that they are now trans, and have no surgery or hormone treatments, how is the world suppose to recognize that they are now different? I just do not understand this? Leon looks the same in pictures as they always did?

Not just SS, what about Driver's License?  On my DL, there is a blank where you must identify gender.  As far as I know, there is only M/F designations, perhaps forward thinking communities will allow a T for transsexual?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Trying hard to keep names and pronouns straight is hard for me. I am good with transgender she to he or vice versa, but the they and them is harder. There was a wonderful poster on Prime timer years ago named "Human" who taught me lots. Human said, for example, Caitlin Jenner who was formerly known as Bruce Jenner was an Olympic gold medal winner. That makes sense to me.  Personally I don't like the term "dead name". I understand why it is used, to signify the end of a former identity and introduce a new one, but it's so harsh. I appreciate the acceptance on this forum of those like me who are allies, but struggle with understanding at times. Leon is so fortunate to have family support. Have Kody and Robyn commented on Leon's announcement on IG? 

18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Not just SS, what about Driver's License?  On my DL, there is a blank where you must identify gender.  As far as I know, there is only M/F designations, perhaps forward thinking communities will allow a T for transsexual?

I live in the reddest of states (sob). My state will NEVER offer anything but M or F. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4