Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

But really, there are clothes available to compliment any body shape. IMO, its almost like Leon is embracing their gender to the point of a stereotypical image of a chubby guy, or an "old fat man*". Maybe they'll tone it down a bit once they get over the initial elation?

Not all chubby guys walk around looking like shit. And most of them wash their hair. Both Leon and Mykelti's husband Tony always just look so unkept. Do they think it makes them look "woke" or something to act like they don't care about their appearance? Most of the other Browns are so tidy about their appearance, if nothing else. 

• Like 4
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Not all chubby guys walk around looking like shit. And most of them wash their hair. Both Leon and Mykelti's husband Tony always just look so unkept. Do they think it makes them look "woke" or something to act like they don't care about their appearance? Most of the other Browns are so tidy about their appearance, if nothing else. 

This may be an expression by Audge and Leon to thumb their nose at societies "norms".  Possibly once they feel more comfortable with themselves they will settle into better hygiene, clothing that fits and relaxed facial expressions and not feel they have to be so "in yer face" about how they present themselves.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Agree! Most chubby guys look well dressed and well kept.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Possibly once they feel more comfortable with themselves they will settle into better hygiene, clothing that fits and relaxed facial expressions and not feel they have to be so "in yer face" about how they present themselves.

I would agree except this has been going on for, literally, years.  How long until they "find theselves"?  I don't care how you see yourself,  tidy up for heaven's sake.  Dirty, smelly, and greasy are not likely to convert anyone to their way of thinking.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Some other thought; We’ve speculated a lot on the constant postponing of their marriage.I may be wrong time-wise, but in my recollection it was to be 2021 which is also the year Audrey publicly announced being trans. So maybe the constant postponing was not about covid after all, but them prioritising their own internal struggles and self-discovery.

I’m also wondering whether their wedding (if it happens at all) will be a typical Brown wedding with TLC all over the place. TLC will probably love it, there is a lot of attention for this on TLC Europe, but I just cannot help but suspecting that Kody is going to prevent this despite a (hefty) pay check. My gut feeling says that Kody won’t be able to overcome/accept these recent developments and might completely shut them out…

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

Two people fake-cutesy arguing on a public social media platform will never be funny.  My next-door neighbors did this frequently until I unfollowed them - they just weren't nearly as preciously adorbs as they thought they were, and neither are Audge and Leo.

Off my lawn, all of them.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
(edited)

I think the couple may have something to offer if they can figure a way to deliver it.  I’ll admit that I’m a little curious about the revolution.  Like, when did you feel that way?  How does it work when you’re in a relationship that has been described one way and you transition?  It’s a mystery to me. I think I could learn something.   Perhaps, they are not comfortable with kind of sharing yet.  I’d rather see that in an educational platform, rather than a typical wedding episode.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Where was this? Was it on the show, I don’t watch.

All I remember is them going to look at wedding venues on the show with the family and I think they mentioned a date but I can’t recall what it was.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

All I remember is them going to look at wedding venues on the show with the family and I think they mentioned a date but I can’t recall what it was.

That’s all I’m aware of also.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the couple may have something to offer if they can figure a way to deliver it.

The thing is, they are totally unable to deliver a coherent message.  Leo's MO is to shout profanities and belittle people who ask for explanations as though they are stupid for not automatically knowing.  I can't see either of them having the maturity to offer anything even vaguely educational.

I have learned WAY more from posters on this site than I will ever learn from the Twit Twins.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it was August 29, 2021 because they wanted August and they both apparently have birthdays on the 29th of other months.  But the one venue they mentioned this at was closed on Sundays so they couldn't have it there. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Leon has never been attractive imo since I’ve seen them.  I feel like they got their parents worse physical traits. Kody’s beady eyes and Meri’s sort of big frame and splotchy complexion. Leon’s tummy got very big, I would guess a lot is French or avocado toast, but if they are transitioning and take hormones testosterone, does that move fat to your tummy or would weight gain just go where it always did?

I guess I mean a lot of men seem to hold weight in their stomach where woman do in their stomach, hips, or chest usually, so if you transition does your weight gain go where it always did or does taking female or male hormones dictate where it goes? Also, is Leon transitioning like Audrey or just not male or female, so their just in whatever state they choose neither feminine or masculine?

*I hope these questions make sense and are not offensive, I spent a lot of time trying to find the right words, but got confused 😔

• Like 8
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

It looks like Leon may have the same scars that Audj displayed on open shirt day with some silicon scar tape over them.

See that’s what I thought I saw and why I wondered if they’d gotten too surgery. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I have learned WAY more from posters on this site than I will ever learn from the Twit Twins.

9 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

*I hope these questions make sense and are not offensive, I spent a lot of time trying to find the right words, but got confused 😔

I feel both of these statements.  On the one hand, it's not Leo's or Audge's responsibility to educate anyone.  On the other, Leo has a unique platform to do just that.  But given the Snowflake temperament that they've always had (thanks to their parents) I can't see them extending any grace to their own family, let alone a bunch of strangers that watch the show.

Audge, on the other hand, has already discussed their transition on social media and I thought they did it in a way that was both respectful and personally powerful and I, for one who is very much wanting to learn, appreciated it. 

Leo has just never struck me as someone who wants to educate anyone about anything, ever.

(full disclosure - I went back and corrected several pronouns).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2022 at 5:01 PM, Teafortwo said:

Leo's shorts look soooo uncomfortable. Tight at the waist and the thighs. Ouch!

I feel like a pair of cargo shorts would be more comfortable for them, and give them a place to put wallet, etc. I personally detest purses, and it always annoys me how a lot of women's clothing has tiny little useless pockets. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
11 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I feel like a pair of cargo shorts would be more comfortable for them, and give them a place to put wallet, etc. I personally detest purses, and it always annoys me how a lot of women's clothing has tiny little useless pockets. 

It seems to me that Leon is presenting themself? with a "IDGAF" attitude about what anyone else thinks about my attire or how I appear to others.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Leon has never been attractive imo since I’ve seen them.  I feel like they got their parents worse physical traits. Kody’s beady eyes and Meri’s sort of big frame and splotchy complexion. Leon’s tummy got very big, I would guess a lot is French or avocado toast, but if they are transitioning and take hormones testosterone, does that move fat to your tummy or would weight gain just go where it always did?

I guess I mean a lot of men seem to hold weight in their stomach where woman do in their stomach, hips, or chest usually, so if you transition does your weight gain go where it always did or does taking female or male hormones dictate where it goes? Also, is Leon transitioning like Audrey or just not male or female, so their just in whatever state they choose neither feminine or masculine?

This is correct, testosterone will redistribute fat to how men typically carry it, so you will carry more in your stomach and less on your hips, for example. That is generally one of the areas where testosterone is not permanent-if you stop taking T, the fat will redistribute along normal estrogen distribution patterns. Hair growth/loss, voice changes, and some other physical changes do not stop if you stop T, but muscle and fat will revert to being influenced by estrogen. 

Hope this helps! 

• Thanks 6
  • Useful 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems to me that Leon is presenting themself? with a "IDGAF" attitude about what anyone else thinks about my attire or how I appear to others.

I get that I am somewhat the same but to tight clothes seem like they would be uncomfortable. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

I think you can be IDGAF about clothes but still be clean and neat. 

Since I retired I wear pretty much the same things I have had for years, some probably looking dated, but they are clean and I present myself as tidy if not fashionable. I don't care if people expect me to have a more up-to-date wardrobe but I do take pride in not looking slovenly.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

taking my reply to small talk

22 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I think you can be IDGAF about clothes but still be clean and neat. 

Since I retired I wear pretty much the same things I have had for years, some probably looking dated, but they are clean and I present myself as tidy if not fashionable. I don't care if people expect me to have a more up-to-date wardrobe but I do take pride in not looking slovenly.

replying in small talk

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, questionfear said:

This is correct, testosterone will redistribute fat to how men typically carry it, so you will carry more in your stomach and less on your hips, for example. That is generally one of the areas where testosterone is not permanent-if you stop taking T, the fat will redistribute along normal estrogen distribution patterns. Hair growth/loss, voice changes, and some other physical changes do not stop if you stop T, but muscle and fat will revert to being influenced by estrogen. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you for helping me to understand and thanks for being patient with my rather awkward way of asking.  Much appreciation!  

Leon has pretty much always gotten on my nerves but I do hope they are happy with Audrey and have a good marriage or relationship unlike their parents.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

See that’s what I thought I saw and why I wondered if they’d gotten too surgery. 

I really hope this hasn’t happened yet. We live in an era where everything needs to happen right now and as fast as possible, preferably yesterday. Coming out as trans is a big thing, particularly if you want to go down the path of gender reassignment. Such surgeries* are irreversible so you have to be absolutely sure this is what you want. And in Leon’s case, it’s only been a few months. So I hope Leon takes time to make the right decision, just like Audrey. (Particularly because gender reassignment surgeries can often lead to bad complications such as permanent incontinence)

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

I really hope this hasn’t happened yet. We live in an era where everything needs to happen right now and as fast as possible, preferably yesterday. Coming out as trans is a big thing, particularly if you want to go down the path of gender reassignment. Such surgeries* are irreversible so you have to be absolutely sure this is what you want. And in Leon’s case, it’s only been a few months. So I hope Leon takes time to make the right decision, just like Audrey. (Particularly because gender reassignment surgeries can often lead to bad complications such as permanent incontinence)

Top surgery also takes time because there's usually some degree of hoops. You need a letter from a mental health professional most of the time, then a consultation, determination if there's any insurance coverage, and then scheduling. 

I know people who came in fully prepared and ready to go, and it still takes 6-9 months from "here's all my documents and I've already worked with insurance" to actually having surgery. 

A good top surgeon will also usually have a waiting list because they're in demand.

It's possible Leon had top surgery, but I will say that a good chest binder or combo of binder and trans tape can do a lot to flatten/masculinize a chest temporarily. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

I had breast cancer so I was into surgery within a couple of weeks. Did have some counselling. Excellent surgeon! Had a double mastectomy with no reconstruction so I look like Audge in only that aspect. Never regretted my choice once.

I suppose it is different if it is an elective/cosmetic choice.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I suppose it is different if it is an elective/cosmetic choice.

I would imagine so.  It's quite different if there is a medical necessity as opposed to a choice since that is something that cannot be undone.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I would imagine so.  It's quite different if there is a medical necessity as opposed to a choice since that is something that cannot be undone.

Well actually there is breast reconstruction. It involves several surgeries and can have some bad outcomes. That is why I opted to not do it after my surgery. I belonged to a breast cancer forum for about a year after my dx/surgery and heard some scary stories about what some women went through. It was a big NOPE for me!

My mom died from breast cancer and I was not going to take any chances of a recurrence.

• Hugs 9
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Well actually there is breast reconstruction.

I understand, I am a breast cancer survivor as well. 

But I am talking about a medical necessity for removal of a breast or breast vs. a non-medical reason.  This is something that does require questioning and counseling especially with someone so young.  It's a radical and permanent change that can never be reversed.  Extra caution by clinicians is a must.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

I understand, I am a breast cancer survivor as well. 

But I am talking about a medical necessity for removal of a breast or breast vs. a non-medical reason.  This is something that does require questioning and counseling especially with someone so young.  It's a radical and permanent change that can never be reversed.  Extra caution by clinicians is a must.

Exactly! And that was what I said in my earlier post.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How charming to call your partner witch. 

That word been thrown around like that for years amongst friends. I’ve never used it in that context but have gotten used to hearing it used that way. It’s like it’s not an insult in that context. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Sorry, @OliviaBenson, I inadvertently clicked on your post and can't get it to delete in mine.  🙄

Just unlikable from the word "go".  But, they'll blame this unlikability on everyone else. 🤨

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Did the GoFundMe pay for the birthday brunch?  How is birthday brunch different from Sunday brunch, avocado toast brunch, waffles brunch, and the other brunches they always post?  I guess a birthday is no cause to smile and squint.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I'm not a fan of Leo; however, one of the things that fascinates me about this family is how different the kids turned out. Look at the difference between Leo and Madison, or Gwen and Gabe/Garrison. For all their past woke posing, I'm glad that this family produced a Leo -- along with Logan, a Gwen, an Ysabel, perhaps even a Truely (remains to be seen) as a counterweight to Kody, Paedon, Garrison, Gabe. Imagine how difficult it must have been to grow up in this family and on TV for all of them, but especially for the "odd one out" - mom infertile while dad procreates wildly with the other moms, trans in a binary, fundamentalist world that sees any sort of non-conformity as the worst of sins leading to damnation. I guess what I'm saying is maybe Leo has earned the right to be as unwashed, slovenly and rude as they like.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

what I'm saying is maybe Leo has earned the right to be as unwashed, slovenly and rude as they like.

Just my opinion, the first two I pretty much agree with even though I don’t understand not bathing unless you are someone without access to do so or if you are suffering from a medical issue.  Honestly, I dont know Leon doesn’t bathe, they might just look that way.  

As far as slovenly or bad fashions, imo the Browns, in general, haven’t met a bad fashion choice they haven’t embraced, so I even give Leon somewhat of a pass on looking a mess or even a bit messy.

However, I don’t think a crappy childhood earns them the right to be rude, unless you mean to somebody who was rude to them.  In which case, I don’t necessarily think they have to take the high road, but setting boundaries or ceasing contact might be the healthier option.   If they’re being rude as a way of life, it is a choice they’re  making not a right they are owed and they’d probably benefit from therapy instead of repeating the cycle of dysfunction with everyone in their pathway. As always ymmv :)

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8

We indeed assume their hygiene is bad because it really looks that way. Take the Bitchday post for example: The greasy hair is clearly showing and it is also painfully obvious that that hair hasn’t seen a brush in a while.

Now I agree with TeaforTwo and Irate Panda about it being a choice/right to be unwashed. However…. I would like to add within the vicinity of your own home or somewhere where you do not bother others with your choices. Not washing inevitably comes with a bad body odour which can be an absolute nightmare for people who are forced to be close to you for whatever reason. My husband just returned from a 7-hour flight where he had to sit next to a woman with a very penetrating body odour. 
Not fun! The same goes for people having to wait on you in restaurants, public transport, college or doctors and nurses. 

• Love 14

I’ll be the odd man out and say that I see no evidence that they smell or don’t bathe. I think Leo probably pushes it too far between hair wash days and has decided leaving their hair messy is another FU to societal standards, but I think assuming they are unwashed and have BO is a stretch.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Just my opinion, the first two I pretty much agree with even though I don’t understand not bathing unless you are someone without access to do so or if you are suffering from a medical issue.  Honestly, I dont know Leon doesn’t bathe, they might just look that way.  

As far as slovenly or bad fashions, imo the Browns, in general, haven’t met a bad fashion choice they haven’t embraced, so I even give Leon somewhat of a pass on looking a mess or even a bit messy.

However, I don’t think a crappy childhood earns them the right to be rude, unless you mean to somebody who was rude to them.  In which case, I don’t necessarily think they have to take the high road, but setting boundaries or ceasing contact might be the healthier option.   If they’re being rude as a way of life, it is a choice their making not a right they are owed and they’d probably benefit from therapy instead of repeating the cycle of dysfunction with everyone in their pathway. As always ymmv :)

This. I was bullied and abused throughout childhood and had an angry dad I was terrified of (even ran away once by jumping out a window). I was a funny looking, buck toothed, Coke-bottle-glasses-wearing weird kid that nobody really liked. And it wasn’t just kids, adults picked on me, too. I may as well have had a target 🎯 on my back. 

I don’t feel that those experiences entitle me to be rude and mean to people — unless, as you said, they were mean to me. Thankfully I’ve embraced my inner weirdo (and found out it was also autism contributing) and have a small circle of friends who “get” me. But my crappy childhood is no reason to be an asshole to the rest of the world. I’ve always hated that excuse for people who are rude. It may be a reason, but it’s not an excuse. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7