Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E03: Where My Dogs At?

• Start Topic

I wish Justin would just STFU, he's so irritating and Team Texas are no better either. IDK why people think being U-Turned is playing dirty. It's not, it's part of the game, playing dirty is taking someone's bag, money, taxi, etc. that's playing dirty. For someone that's a fan of the show, Justin needs to learn these things.

I enjoyed the scenery more than the actual tasks during this episode. When teams get to the pit stop and Phil tells them what place they're in and they say "we'll take it" like they have a choice. I mean they can step aside and let another team take the spot. 

I don't think there was a way for Team Dancer to recover and move up in the ranks. Editing couldn't even do it. If they had gotten on the second bus it probably would have been a different story. 

Sure were a lot of dogs making cameo appearances on the race.

• Love 5

Feel bad for the dancers but they were just too far behind and there was no bunching this leg.

I agree Justin needs to STFU.    The tasks involved attention to detail and concentration.   With his constantly jabbering away, there was no way in hell to just focus.   On the other hand, Team Texas was letting him distract them just a little too much.   Clearly Justin's "I've seen every episode at least 3 times" does not help him accept the highs and lows of the race.   He is way over reacting to everything.   Which good racers do not do.

Teams really need to RTFC this time.   Too many stupid mistakes just by not reading.   

• Love 10

Well, shit.  Looks like this stupid feud between Justin and team Texas is going to go on all season, which is especially annoying because I don't like either of these teams.  Justin needs to cram it with walnuts, and Tanner & Josh confirmed at the Detour what some other posters suspected last week; that they were arrogantly taking it as a given that they'll win the whole thing and that other teams are going to be behind all the time.  Doubly irritating because it's usually true for the alpha male teams.

Edited by DasFlavorPup
  • Love 13

Bummer; Ernest & Jin seemed like nice guys and were having fun.  Boo.  I didn't think they'd last to the end but was hoping they'd be around a few more episodes.

Everyone else is annoying or uninteresting or both.  I was glad that the married doctors didn't yell at each other when they realized they forgot the whip.

I didn't think any of the tasks were that interesting to watch, though it's always fun to see serious locals and sleeping, running, barking dogs.

I think the Texas guys just need to have someone to zero in on, though at least they are correct that Justin & Diana are a strong team; if you're going to target someone, it should be a team who's a threat.  Still would rather not hear about their obsession, though I assume they're being producer prompted.

The reporters did well; everyone else was kind of meh; oh, James's mother got on my nerves.  I see an implosion there soon.

Edited by raven
  • Love 7

I don't mind Justin. I love how exuberant he is. But Mom (Denise?) was making me crazy with her constant smothering of her son. Run, James Earl! Run fast and far!

So many dogs! The one shot of the lame dog loping along with the lame Texan made me laugh.

• Love 8

Aww sad to see the dancers go but they did with such class.

I much preferred the old Meatblock to this one, blech. I mean, no way I could have done EITHER, but I would rather try to eat it than wrap it in twine in the hot sun.

I wish the penalty were longer just because Denise is so annoying. Too bad we couldn't swap and have James Earl race with Diana. Then all the irritation could be harnessed in one place.

Justin, just...shut up. He said you didn't do the task right, dipshit. No amount of cajoling was going to change his mind.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 5

DAMMIT! Now that my favorite teams-Ernest and Jin, the little cousins, and TMZ-are gone I have no rooting interest in this race. I guess I'll just have to root for the alpha males and Justin to lose. I find those guys insufferable. As long as they don't win, I'll be happy. It's just a shame that the 3 teams I was most interested in watching have already been eliminated from the race. Whatever, though, TAR is still great and I can always watch for the beautiful scenery.

• Love 11

No. Not The Dancers :(.

Both Team Texas and Justin are both equally irritating at this point.

I didn't even notice that Denise helped James on at the Roadblock until they were penalized. Speaking of Denise, she was fairly annoying in this episode.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 7

Denise is the worst.  Her son was being respectful and calmly explaining himself.  At least she seemed to learn a little something in the 30 min time out.  I hoped for their sake they'd lose and go home where he should continue to backburner Denise in his life. And we'd still have the dancers.

I thought other pairs were shouting instructions too.  Why people couldn't figure out bones out is beyond me. 

Good lesson in reading clues today.

• Love 9

Texas putting the saddle on backwards was hilarious. Thank the Maker those weren't real horses or some of those teammates would have been kicked or bitten. I can safely say I'd've smoked them on that. They're annoying but Justin is maybe worse. Or at least louder. i did like "I thought about playing polo" "I used to wear polo."

Sad to see the dancers go - I liked them and TMZ so I guess I'm down to cheering on the reporters, who are competent and no drama. Mom and son on the other hand- yikes. Is that a new rule or has no one crossed the line?

• Love 1

Logan noticed when Denise was coaching James Earl and commented on it. Denise even said she hoped they didn't get penalized. When Phil made them sit out for 30 minutes, I whooped. Can't stand her. She annoys me more than Justin.

I've decided to cheer for the reporters. They're competent racers and are always polite to the locals.

• Love 8

Watching that dog eating bits of the raw meat made me sad for some reason.

Seeing all those dogs made me sad. This is why we encourage neutering. But, I love dogs so I still enjoyed seeing them.

I am also sad to see Ernest and Jin leave. They were so pleasant to watch and genuinely ennjoying themselves.

Neither the Texans or the Green Team irritate me as much as some of you, but Justin's constant yammering was getting on my nerves. I don't think he was actually pleading with the judge. I think he was trying to joke around but it came off unpleasant.

Also unpleasant is when any of the "pretty" girls (usually the all-girl teams) seem to think that all guys love being man-handled by them. That goucho looked very uncomfortable and like he was trying to pull away when the cheerleader gave him a kiss. I overall don't mind the cheerleaders, but that bothered me.

Way too many teams nno treading the clues!! That drives me the most insane!

• Love 12

I also am not as irritated by team Texas. Last week they were running so hard because they thought they were racing for first place, not second. Green team had finished almost 30 minutes ahead of them. ..they did not know that at the time. Texas even said (it goes by quickly, you have to listen for it) they thought they were racing for first in the talking head. This week they said their physical strength was their asset ..and now that was taken from them...they didn't brag they were going to win it all. Like them or not, at least have the criticism be fair. Now Justin.....that is another story...and that mom...just....No.

• Love 11

This is turning into Tanner & Josh vs. Justin & Diana, and I don't like it.  Might we please see the other teams more, editors?

But anyway, the teams:

Tanner & Josh: They won another leg.  Meh.  Boring alpha-male teams tend to win legs repeatedly.  I'm kind of surprised they did after all of their errors.  But as many people thought, they just assumed that they were going to cruise right to the end of the race due to being alpha-males.  And they clearly think they're going to manipulate the race by giving their Express Pass to whomever U-Turns Justin & Diana if they don't.  Ugh.  I can't stand them and hope they're being set up for a fall.  A big one.

Justin & Diana: Justin is loud and he is annoying, but at least he keeps his mind on the race, unlike his rivals.  He and Diana did a good job of keeping calm and catching up after Justin struggled at that Roadblock.  If their very existence in the race really upsets Tanner & Josh that much, then I hope they stay as long as they can.

Kelsey & Joey: These reporters are just no-drama, focused racers.  I love that they are so competent at the tasks and don't miss many details.  Compared to this leg's top two, I think they're definitely preferable.  I hope they last a while, as well.

Jazmine & Danielle: Nice recovery after their low finish last time.  Danielle rocked that Roadblock (one of the few to nail it on her first try, I believe), and they did the Detour very well.  Good finish on their part.

Logan & Chris: Still getting snippy with one another, but at least it wasn't that much this time.  Chris did okay with the Roadblock, and they seemed to have no trouble with the Detour.  Nice finish, and good for them, beating a team's penalty.

Denise & James Earl: I hope this finish teaches Denise not to smother James Earl too much during Roadblocks.  And they need to both stay calm during Detours.  But I'd like to see Denise finally do a Roadblock.  James Earl has done both so far, so I don't wanna see her basically coasting on his work.

Cindy & Rick: This team is such a mixed bag, because I gave Rick mad props for being the first one to finish that Roadblock in one try.  But then, he and Cindy totally fuck up at the Detour and then with getting to the Pit Stop.  They can't possibly last that much longer on mistakes like that, can they?

Tiffany & Krista: Okay.  So these girls finished low again.  But I'm wondering if the constant confessionals seen from them even when they're not near the front are a sign of good things to come?  Tiffany, while frustrated, didn't lose her calm with that Roadblock.  And even though they were both left crestfallen with leaving behind their whip at the Detour decision point, they just buckled down and ran back to get it.  Good form, girls.  Good form.  That said, they need to pick it up.  I imagine Ernest & Jin would've knocked them right out if they hadn't been so far behind.

Ernest & Jin: Aw, that's a shame.  They seemed to do nothing really wrong, but they were way too far behind to catch up.  At least they did their tasks correctly.  I will miss them, but they probably weren't that strong of a team, anyway.

Okay episode.  Just get rid of Tanner & Josh and probably Cindy & Rick, and this season will get better.

they didn't brag they were going to win it all.

Apparently, you missed their confessional saying they thought they'd coast right through the race.

• Love 7

"Tonight's episode is brought to you by stray dogs."

Still not hating Justin. He's a bit hyper, but he's not as irritating as the Texans. Of course, a lot of fans wouldn't have made the errors Justin did. Always room for improvement.

Aside from Tiffany & Krista (local angle), most of the teams aren't making an impact with me. Denise & James Earl resemble a ticking time bomb, though. A bit sad Ernest & Jin got eliminated. They seemed classy enough . . . they just couldn't make up the distance between themselves and other teams.

Anybody else not liking Phil trying to fan the flames of the Green/Texans feud? It kinda felt like something Probst would do.

• Love 5

So God is on the side of Team Texas, huh?   They can shut it now.

Justin wasn't bothering me before, but he was getting on my last nerve tonight.  And apparently he was annoying Joey, too.

Denise needs to shut it as well.  God, she's a heinous bitch.

Too many mistakes for everybody this early in the race.

• Love 5

Still don't mind the Texans and still find Justin annoying (but not hate level annoying). Most of the other teams just fade in the middle for me except for harpy arguing mom Denise. I thought other teams were making suggestions too but I guess not.

The tasks this week seemed physically difficult but were not exciting to watch. I hope we have some more interesting things go on next week. 

I'd hoped the dancing brothers would win the whole thing, so that's too bad.

Yeah, Justin is pretty annoying. Did I see Diane give a little side-eye to the camera at one point? Perhaps she has some awareness of how douchey her fiance is.

• Love 2

I cannot stand when the teams talk about God as if God is invested in the race.  Team Texas--the one said to the other--I prayed and then 10 seconds later you got it! 

That may have been a new low for me in the Race. I'm certainly not denigrating or minimizing anyone's faith (several beloved family members are clergy) -- just the idea, found only on reality TV it seems, that prayer works like wishes from a magic genie, just pray for some trivial thing like solving a challenge... if you get the wording right, then bingo! you immediately get your wish. 

I can certainly see how Justin might be hard for others to spend time with. He's just "on" all the time and seems to have zero awareness of how his "on"ness affects others (it's the sort of thing I have to separate myself from in real life).

• Love 15

How strongly did the racers smell of meat to attract that many dogs throughout the episode?  Those dogs must have come from miles away to get some free lamb and beef!

I think the editors on this show dislike the cheerleaders as much as I do.  One was once again bragging about how they're "real athletes", followed immediately by a clip of the other one dropping the slabs of meat and whining that it's too heavy.  LOL

I wonder how long those locals had to dance around at the "street party" where the contestants had to visit several times?  I noticed that when the dancing brothers finally made it there, some of the locals looked tired and ready to call it a day.  $25 (U.S.) probably sounds pretty good for wearing a colorful costume and dancing a little for the TV cameras, but 8 hours later, it's not fun anymore!

I thought Justin was irritating when he kept crying in episode 1.  I now find that preferable to his cocky attitude and bragging now that he's at the top of the pack.  I wonder if his fiancé (who doesn't get to say too much on camera) is starting to have second thoughts?

• Love 6

Justin is a dick.  The Texas boys are a holes.  A pox on both of them.  Diana seems to be trying to hide from embarrassment.

I hate this whole "alliance" idea and hope it bites them in the butt.  I guess it's human nature to jump in with a group having a common target, but this isn't Survivor.  Trying to bribe people with the cursed Express Pass is really tacky, but in typical jock a hole self-centeredness, they seem to think that everyone else will let them run the show.  Even God wants them to win.  Ughh.

I would yes them death and UTurn them if I got the chance.

Read the clue first Doctors,  everybody.  They are my guarded favorites among a mostly unlikeable cast.

I like the reporters, never thought I would.

I can't stand mamma.  I feel sorry for her son.  Did she intentionally name him after the man who murdered MLK or is she just that stupid??  Big screw up on the penalty.

Cheerleaders are OK.  I keep confusing them with the Trackstars.  The Paparazzi didn't get a lot of screen time thankfully.

I was pulling for the dancers.  They were so far out of their league, but seem like really nice guys.  Never complained.

• Love 1

It looks like Tanner is going to do the Oliver Hardy Slow Burn every time Justin's name is mentioned. I think I counted three times in tonight's episode.

Really interesting countryside and people. The racers aside, this is what makes the show so memorable.

• Love 4

How strongly did the racers smell of meat to attract that many dogs throughout the episode?  Those dogs must have come from miles away to get some free lamb and beef!

That is exactly what I was thinking as dog after dog started chasing the teams -- it must have been like watching shish kabob going down the street for them.  But I really wanted to give every dog a good meal. 

• Love 4

Sad to see the dancers go.  They really didn't haven't a chance given the challenges.  They weren't 'that' hard. 

I hope both the Texans and team Justin get screwed.  I'd rather see any of the others win.  Even the mom and son, even though she drives me up the wall, but I feel for the son with having to deal with it....

• Love 1

That may have been a new low for me in the Race. I'm certainly not denigrating or minimizing anyone's faith (several beloved family members are clergy) -- just the idea, found only on reality TV it seems, that prayer works like wishes from a magic genie, just pray for some trivial thing like solving a challenge... if you get the wording right, then bingo! you immediately get your wish. 

I can certainly see how Justin might be hard for others to spend time with. He's just "on" all the time and seems to have zero awareness of how his "on"ness affects others (it's the sort of thing I have to separate myself from in real life).

I totally agree Rinaldo. I also noted the total hypocrisy of the team who were shown invoking the Almighty were themselves acting in complete opposite to Christian teachings. There are no parables that I know of that encourage bribing others to take down your competition or those who annoy you.

Speaking of the Lord, oh my Lord that mom is annoying! The son is far more mature than the mom!

• Love 10

Justin reminds me of a guy I dated once, who was a royal douche, so that may be clouding my judgment.... because I can't stand Justin.

Your judgment is not clouded. He's a royal douche.

I think the editors on this show dislike the cheerleaders as much as I do.  One was once again bragging about how they're "real athletes", followed immediately by a clip of the other one dropping the slabs of meat and whining that it's too heavy.  LOL 

I got a kick out of that, too! The editors win this show year after year, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 7

Justin was really ugly with the judge at the roadblock. I liked the one woman who said 'permiso' when asking for a check. Still rooting for the reporters & the track stars, and was really glad we at least got to see more of the dancers before they left. I'll miss them. I still don't like team Chac, but they are growing on me. I loved all of the dogs, even though they made me a little sad. The editing of the 'horse' detour judge made me laugh - so tough on the Texans, and then they edited it to make it seem he went really easy on everyone else. I'm just uncomfortable watching Denise & James Earl. There are some times when team dynamics just... make me feel squicky. This is one of those times. 

• Love 7

Justin screaming GAUCHO! made me feel stabby, he’s lucky the gaucho didn’t put him in the fire.

I don’t like Tanner & Josh, and I’m sick of Denise screeching at James Earl

They spent so much time on Ernest & Jin who were obviously going to be in last place during the entire leg, that I thought for sure it was going to be a NEL. I was really surprised when it wasn’t.

• Love 12

Dogs! I wanted to make friends with every single one. Maybe I should go live in a stray dog colony instead of trying to get along with humans.

2nd elimination in a row of a team I was wanting to see more of. I understand they were too far behind to catch up this week, but how they got behind last week is still a bit of a mystery to me. They were never shown to bleed time or make any mistakes.

I am starting to like James Earl. He handles the barrage with a remarkable level of equanimity, never seeming to lose his temper and just keeps rationally explaining himself and stating his needs to be treated decently. The ability to not escalate OR be a doormat impresses me. He doesn't just take it in silence. Yet he doesn't feed the frenzy.

• Love 19

I think most of the racers were having trouble with the direction of the bones because the sample they kept looking at was not placed near a fire.  They were looking at the details of hooking it to the skewers but could not see the fire reference.

Also, I am past ready to see the last of that screaming harpy and her son, but giving her a bit of pass on his name.  I don't think she named him after the infamous assasin James Earl Ray or the actor James Earl Jones...but former President James Earl (Jimmy) Carter.

• Love 3

So I mentioned in last week's episode thread that they hadn't yet shown Phil "live" with the first team to arrive at a task like they did last season. But I guess they haven't completely abandoned the idea, as there he was doing it this week.

Now we've had two consecutive episode titles with "dog" in them (and the first one had "beef"-- well beefCAKE anyway.) I don't know if that's going to be a recurring theme.

The reporters sort of define "quiet competence." I'm assuming they're not getting too much screen time because there just isn't a lot of drama or controversy to show. 

• Love 4

Please, don't manhandle the people in charge of the tasks. They aren't your new pals. Hands (and lips!) off!

The Green Hatted Wonder really annoyed the hell out of me with his OTT-ness. Every little tone of his voice is put-on, we have no idea what he'd actually sound like if he wasn't over-acting or crying. Please leave? Pretty please??

Also sorry to see the dancers go, I too smelt NEL over the wafting smell of cooking meat but it wasn't to be. Too bad. I'm usually anti-bunching but would have welcomed a nice bunch this eppy.

I don't like that the penalty was only 30 minutes, as it sets a precedent for blurting out what your partner is doing wrong as a counter to taking a 4 hour penalty for giving up on the task. Thinking back I can see many instances where this "tactic" could have been used to save teams via a "Hey idiot this piece goes there now let's get going!" kinda way.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5

Why is Team Texas bribing another team to U-Turn Justin & Diana? For that Express Pass, please. If you want Justin and Diana U-Turned then do it yourselves and give the pass to another team. I can't stand when a team wants another team to do their work for them. Why does another team have to give up their U-Turn to fulfill your needs? 

• Love 2

Justin's response to Team Texas threatening to U-turn them was,  "Cool, you U-turn us I'm just going to U-turn the team behind us, and then when there's another U-turn, its time to pay you back."  But once Team Green has used their U-turn, they can't use another, so how exactly do they plan on paying them back?

Personally, I think that Team Texas's use of the X-press is quite inventive, and it doesn't preclude them also doing the U-turn.  As Justin inadvertently pointed out, for the Double U-turn to be effective against a good team, you need two teams to work together.  Team Texas would be the first team, and the team they bribe with the X-press pass would be the other.  That's not being sleezy, that's being smart.

• Love 11

Justin's response to Team Texas threatening to U-turn them was,  "Cool, you U-turn us I'm just going to U-turn the team behind us, and then when there's another U-turn, its time to pay you back."  But once Team Green has used their U-turn, they can't use another, so how exactly do they plan on paying them back?

By getting another team to do it?

My favorite moment of the whole episode was when one cheerleader fell over on her back like a turtle in the pickup truck and rolled around apparently unable to pick her "athletic" self up.

• Love 2

I don't care what god's plan for you is.  You stupidly injured yourself on the race.  I'm looking for an early departure, so I don't have to hear about your hamstring and god's plan over and over again.

Meatblock?!??  No.  But actually, I'm feeling hungry.  I'm not picky -- I'll have the piece the dog was nibbling on.  Shut up, Justin.

Tiffany: "We are atheletes!"  Krista: "These things are just so heavy..."  Shut up, Justin.

Justin doesn't need a polo mallet.  He needs a horsewhip. 

ChacAttack fudged the dang Detour!  Shut up, Ju...  Sorry, force of habit!

Is that a new Panama, Phil?  I like it better than the old one.  When people target you with the U-Turn, it generally isn't because you're a threat, it's because you're an asshole.  So, shut up, Justin.

Luke2 and Margie2 keep fighting, and it's not fun to watch.  Wow, there are doggies everywhere!  At least they don't look half-starved.

That's two teams that forgot to bring their whip along!  And where the hell are ChacAttack?

Not really a surprise at the elimination, although what with the high error rate this episode, I figured they had maybe some chance to get back in it.   Or perhaps the editors made the last teams seem closer together than they really were.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

I'm liking Justin a lot because:

1.  He is a real, everyday person unlike the local TV anchors who know how to present a "polished" (fake) personna on television.  (They look like Team Manikin).  He is the ultimate anit-mactor.  Raw, annoying a lot of the time, but joyful and somewhat innocent.  Overly critical of any mistake he makes because he cares so much for the show.  And watching ALL seasons at least 3 times?  Even The Family Edition?!?!  Kudos for that perserverance.

2.  So he is the ultimate TAR Nerd.  And he does get out of control in his enthusiam and less than polished ways annoying the other teams in the process.  Which I think is great.  The Revenge of the Nerds: The Amazing Race Edition.

3. Meanwhile Team Texas is more obsessed with him than is healthy.  Both funny to see the "alpha male" team squirm and annoying to hear their endless rants about same plus all their silly Wiley Coyote plots against the guy.  They should concentrate on running their own race.  But they are worse than Frank the first couple of legs of TAR1 and his over the top freaking out over the Guidos.  Margarita was the balancing sane person then.  Team Texas doesn't have the balance and looks a little "mental" at this point.  Wish there was a team each season who could drive those endless boring alpha males teams loco.  (I think it would be hilarious if other teams they are trying to get to u-turn Justin end up doing it to them).

Poor editors tried their best but obviously the Dancers lost this leg by coming in so far behind last leg.  No way for the editors to try and hide that.

Loved the "buggywhip" teams kept leaving same behind.  So much for attention to details from the doctor team.  "Details" start first and foremost with reading the clue.  But I never feel superior to teams for that cause lack of sleep + adrenelaine + racing pressure = a far harder environment to remember that in than the environment on my couch.

I really hope we didn't get that endless parade of dogs cause TPTB are consideering a doggie version of the Race next season.  "Fido & Rover" mactor alpha dogs recruited on a California beach.  "Laddie & Lassie" dating for five "in heat" cycles.

Edited by green
  • Love 15

Justin reminds me of a guy I dated once, who was a royal douche, so that may be clouding my judgment.... because I can't stand Justin.

I think almost everyone has dated a Justin, I know I have and I'm not sure how long its going to take before Diana poisons him with antifreeze.  

I'm not a fan of the Texans, but I hate Justin more so I think this is how they should do the U-Turn.....

1. Texans let someone ahead of them by a few minutes.

2. The team ahead of the Texans u-turns the Texans

3. The Texans u-turn the Green Team

4. Texans use their express pass for the second task

This way the Green Team can't U-Turn anyone else so they are stuck having to do the second task.  That probably gets them out of the race entirely since no one is as behind as the dancers were.  But even if it doesn't fully get them out of the race it puts them way, way behind everyone else.

By the way -- how many damn hats did Justin pack?

• Love 2

Why is Team Texas bribing another team to U-Turn Justin & Diana? For that Express Pass, please. If you want Justin and Diana U-Turned then do it yourselves and give the pass to another team. I can't stand when a team wants another team to do their work for them. Why does another team have to give up their U-Turn to fulfill your needs? 

And why would anyone want to help Team Beefcake?  The young alpha male team doesn't need a boost from slower teams.

1. Texans let someone ahead of them by a few minutes.

I don't see that ever happening.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

And why would anyone want to help Team Beefcake?  The young alpha male team doesn't need a boost from slower teams.

I don't see that ever happening.

Well, this plan relies heavily on their intense hatred of the Green Team.  Dude in the red shirt couldn't even look at Justin, that is how much he hates him.

Its funny too, because I don't think Justin realizes that the Texans just don't like him.  I'm sure he thinks its all about strategy and the race, but they hate him so much!

I actually think everyone benefits from Green Team going to the back of the pack.  I don't like Justin at all, but he seems to be doing really well so it might not hurt to slow him down a little.  And, if the Texans did my plan it would be easier to talk someone into helping them because the Texans would U-turn the Green Team, and so that is who the Green Team would be gunning for.  Heck, that might be even better for the other teams if the two of them go all Spy v. Spy and focus on destroying each other.

• Love 2