Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

Has anyone else noticed in the opening taglines how Vicki can barely say, "I'm the OG of the OC"?

I think it's because when you have so much Botox and plastic surgery, it becomes difficult to make the "O" sound, because your face can't move the way it used to.

Oh, and I'm old (yeah, Meghan, that's right!). I don't mean this comment as ageist. Listen next time, and let me know if you hear it, too.

• Love 1

We don’t know how vicious the fighting got between Shannon and David. THey are both very passive aggressive. She is very verbal and can emasculate a man faster than a breeder can geld a stallion. David seems the type that can say something cruel and not realize how it comes out, or can say the one thing that will end the argument by having her runaway sobbing.

She and/or her therapist under the guise of therapy and honesty could have goaded him into listing every single time he screwed his side piece, just like he had to make a list of restaurants.

He would have been damned either way. For some reason I think it was a combination of the above and all the therapy, all the heartfelt conversations, all the time in the world will not be enough for Shannon to let it go. The 51st birthday proved it. She was miserable and made sure everybody else was around her. She needs wheels on that cross because she is gonna travel with it a loooong time and she needs to put some lights on it so we can see her coming.

If David was unhappy he should have just divorced her first and then got together with his piece. For that bit of work he is an asshole.

All this therapy is just dragging out the inevitable.

• Love 11

The scene where Heather is showing her new Ramada Inn to all her friends reminded me of the scene in Goodfellas where Janice Rossi is showing all her friends the apartment that Henry Hill put her up in. It was that crass. Now, if only that scene could end with Terry's first wife banging on the buzzers and screaming "There's a whoore living in Room 7A! Heather Dubrow! She's a WHOORE! You WHOORE! Heather Dubrow!"

Also, what's with all the fake evangelical bullshit with these OC people? GAAAAAH! The one and only redeeming feature that Meghan has is that she feigns no interest whatsoever in that bullshit.

• Love 13

My thought on Meghan and the psychic reading could have gone another way, Meghan could have said to Vicki "hey, the psychic told us that he did not see cancer in Brooks! So he is in the clear/on the mend, that's great news, right?" At least that would have been a positive spin on it, Vicki could not have gotten mad about that.

Shannon, you asked David for a list of restaurants he took the side piece, maybe that sports bar was the only one left in town that didn't make the list! Why on earth would he have shared the birthday hook up with you, because he is unhappy and angry at you, that is why and you are giving him all the ammo he needs to stray again. At the same time, every TH Shannon has seems like she is "building her case" for divorce, in her mind she is painting David as a sadistic a hole, who could blame her for wanting a divorce, taking the onus off of her having any part in the root cause.  Long suffering wife and mother, poor thing. Hah.

Tamra paying for a grown man's rent.  If that is not a red flag for the baby mama, oy.  Eddie will have every right to be pissed. I know they showed Tamra showing houses in past season's but did she ever close a deal?  $3500 a month for rent? So there in lies the entitlement of both Ryan and baby mama. Ryan needs to GET A JOB. 

Nascar could have been fun but those women ruined it, in the age of Google they could have done minimal research about it so they didn't sound like morons.  I did love the guys subtitle..."they are talking sh*t" so funny they know the women well enough to stay on the other side of the room.  Side note, I took a spin around the track in a race car for charity, horrifyingly scary fun, I would have paid more if they let me drive. Nascar is not on my radar at all but they draw more fans than football every year.  I did think it was funny that Jim never introduced Meghan, Terry or Heather to anyone, they all had to do it themselves, not even his wife! Love it!

Heather's house...I am envious about the storage.  When all of my bathrooms (2 full/2 half) are all clean at the same time, it is a great feeling! Can not even imagine Heather or Terry or even the kids knowing the location of all 14 bathrooms.

I am enjoying my morning rant along!

My favorite part about the perk of going to Nascar because you're Jimmy Edmonds wife/friend?  When Danica Patrick came out, the only person she recognized was Terry.  Yeah, Meghan, keep telling yourself how famous Jimmy is, you're the only one who seems to know who he was. oh, sorry, is.

• Love 12

I don't think the place David brought Shannon was her kind of venue and I have no doubt he knew that. Kind of shitty move, IMO. I do think Shannon should have put a brave face on for the birthday dinner, but I also think her birthday is now forever tainted by David's affair. I think it is very much a raw area for her and that it does pain her to suppress what's going on mentally for the sake of those around her. I get it.

I totally agree.  Like another poster wrote above, *I* know Shannon well enough not to take her to a sports bar.  I get that she was really hurt and disappointed, esp because of what happened last year.  I also agree... she absolutely should have sucked it up in front of the girls.  She just seems to have so much trouble hiding her feelings, or masking them. 

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 9

Yes, Tamra, you dimwit, you are "twinkies." It's wonderful that your vocabulary is so barren that you strain for the word "triplets." But you hit it!

THAT is what Tamra was trying to say!?!?!? Just. Damn.

Bravo please tape the fight when Eddie finds out about the Rapey Ryan Clan's new digs.

I am pretty sure that's where the clip with Eddie emphatically stating "I am NOT going to support Ryan and his family!" came.

Leave it to Tamra to think her "This is the house where Heather Locklear fucked some guys" speech would be a good way to attract potential buyers, but not surprising. I was so hoping they'd show some clips of the way she behaved inappropriately with her buyers and them asking for Jeana's business card when she said she could easily sell three homes in a month.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 7

Hi, I'm Jim, Jim Edmonds.

And on and on and on.

What an asshole!

If people "know" who you are there is no need to name drop yourself! DORK!!

Yeah. Not to mention, that 20-minute* scene of introductions made for some real exciting teevee. What will they have for us next week? "Watch as Shannon alphabetizes her lemons!"

Let it be said (again) that Meghan's comebacks (e.g. that TH about Tommy Lee and Richie Sambora) are horrible--petty AND stupid, a most atrocious combination. It's like listening to the ignorant bully/brat from grade school taunting someone she doesn't like. She thinks she's witty, but it's a major fail. Those comebacks, more than just about anything else, give away her immaturity. Not the fact that she's 30.

PS on that house tour, Tamra totally should have said "This is where the magic HAPPENED. Allegedly." a la Cribs. But then, Meghan would've been all, "Um, I don't know what she's talking about. Is that from a show from the 90's? That's something that geezer Lizzie would know about, not me."

*Give or take

• Love 7

Not being a Christian I understand Vicki's wanting to thank Jesus for Brooks' health but her comment about Meghan not understanding the power of prayer because she may not be a Christian kinda pissed me off.  So narrow minded of Vicki but why am I surprised?  I have seen a lot of people hit their knees while bedside of their very sick loved ones, my guess is that they were all sorts of different religions, does it make their prayers less heard or less valid Vicki? 

Heather should have had her party under the portacocheir (sp?).  I liked the elegant table set in the unfinished space but I wonder how much drywall dust was in the food and champs lol! 

Ok, so Tamara paid the security deposit and first month's rent for Ryan and family to move back to the OC, I wonder if she realized that she just threw $7000 away.  How on earth will they afford $3500/month plus health insurance, food, gas, clothing, etc...Maybe Tamra will not enjoy the success of the real estate business based on her showing properties too pricey for her clientele.

• Love 10

David is an asshole. He's a damn millionaire. Fly your wife on a private jet to Paris for a birthday dinner and night in a fancy hotel. David is showing Shannon just how little he cares for her feelings. I personally find nothing wrong with Shannon showing her true feelings in front of her daughters -- no need to teach them to have a stiff upper lip and all. Some things hurt too much to hide.

• Love 18

Maybe production had a heavy hand in choosing the restaurant for Shannon's birthday as well as choosing the yacht for Vicki's birthday, wouldn't the women know that is how things go especially Vicki, she is after all the OG of the OC. That leads me to my question, OG? Old Girl, Original Girl, Oh God? Anyone?

Shannon and David are doing a huge disservice to those kids, making them go thru their parents discord on TV is horrible but I have to hand it to them, those kids nail it every time they talk about Shannon being unhappy and her drinking!

My husband ( a Wash U graduate) knew who Jimmy was but not me, not at all but I knew who Danica Patrick was. Aspen Dental (or what ever) must have paid the fee for her to show up since that patch was loud and proud on her shirt. 

• Love 6

David is an asshole. He's a damn millionaire. Fly your wife on a private jet to Paris for a birthday dinner and night in a fancy hotel. David is showing Shannon just how little he cares for her feelings. I personally find nothing wrong with Shannon showing her true feelings in front of her daughters -- no need to teach them to have a stiff upper lip and all. Some things hurt too much to hide.

True,  but Shannon will never let this go and a whirlwind trip to Paris would be a temporary masking of the problem. 

She and David are teaching their daughters the fine points of "LET GO OR BE DRAGGED"

• Love 5

Aw poor Meg. Vicki is diminishing her pain and questioning whether Meg was hurting over Leann's incurable cancer.  We all saw how utterly "inconsolable" she was after Leann's passing and what a bastion of support she was to the stepdaughter she wished she had birthed when she left for NYC mere days after the poor woman's death to bravely appear on WWHL and through a pained smile announced that she had dyed her hair pink in Leann's honor, go to baseball games and generally whoop it up with her bro while the family she adored planned a funeral. 

megan-edmonds-435.jpg

Righto!  Man, she looks terrible in that picture.  She really shouldn't age shame.  Her arm looks like an old lady's arm in that pic.  Her side too.  Haha...Meghan looks old!!

• Love 8

Does Rapey eyed Ryan even have a job? He sure seemed ungrateful having just been told by his mother that she was pitching in $7,000 for his new digs. Spoiled brat.  

I wonder if their northern California furniture will work well in their SoCal home or will Tamra buy all new furniture for them? Shhh, don't tell Eddie.

• Love 1

Maybe production had a heavy hand in choosing the restaurant for Shannon's birthday as well as choosing the yacht for Vicki's birthday, wouldn't the women know that is how things go especially Vicki, she is after all the OG of the OC. That leads me to my question, OG? Old Girl, Original Girl, Oh God? Anyone?

Shannon and David are doing a huge disservice to those kids, making them go thru their parents discord on TV is horrible but I have to hand it to them, those kids nail it every time they talk about Shannon being unhappy and her drinking!

When I hear Vicki's tag I think "old grandma". I know that's not what it is but... Whatever.

FFS, Meghan. I can give her a pass on Richie Sambora. That's a little different than knowing of Jon Bon Jovi of Bon Jovi. But Bush and Gavin Rossdale? Come on. And not because of Gwen Stefani, either. I'm a few years older and also from St. Louis. Bush was huge. She needs to stop acting younger than her age. It's pathetic.

Meghan & Jim may have spent time in St. Louis but I call B.S. on them being Nascar

fans. That was a total setup. Especially since the Dubrows tagged along instead of trucker Tamra.

And thank you to those posters who confirmed that Jim Edmonds is no big deal.

I don't care if he's a "broadcaster". Vicki doesn't seem the least bit scared of him based on the previews. Nor should she be.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 6
Does Rapey eyed Ryan even have a job? He sure seemed ungrateful having just been told by his mother that she was pitching in $7,000 for his new digs. Spoiled brat.

Hey now, taking the towels from Cut Fitness home, to wash in Tamra's personal washer, and then rolling them up and putting them back on the shelves is a very demanding job. 

• Love 5

From Shannon's blog.  Sorry but this cracked me up:

To be seated at a table right next to a loud bar where there were stools and not even chairs, was not close to what I expected. I hate that I look like a spoiled brat, that nothing is good enough.

"Spoiled Brat" is exactly what I think of when I think of Shannon. I think she has been handled like a delicate flower her entire life.  I know others didn't agree last year, but the most obvious example was her reaction to having to spend the night in Vicki's guest room in PV. It wasn't so  much that she didn't like it; I can see someone thinking the accommodations less than grand (I would have been perfectly delighted myself), but it was what David said to her. When he was going to go and get Vicki to tell her they wanted to go to a hotel and Shannon protested, he said "I know you Shannon, and you won't be able to handle this". I thought it was incredibly strange. Wouldn't be able to handle what? The small bed? The noise? Sleeping in the same room with David? Suck it up for a couple of nights Princess. 

I think that what we saw last night was a version of Shannon that is fairly common to them. I think she probably bitches about where they go to dinner and things like that all the time. We certainly saw her bitch at David about all manner of things last year, and I never got the impression that this was out of the ordinary for her. After watching herself last year you would think that if she could control this stuff she would. If anything, she seems to be worse.  I feel for her poor kids. 

• Love 13

I need to say something that will reflect not only on Meghan but on the majority of our 'under 30' population. Meghan is representative of the age involved in nothing other than pop culture, fashion and smartphones. They don't find anything beneficial about learning history whether it's world history or pop culture history. She's not that young that she shouldn't know who Richie Sambora, Tommy Lee or Heather Locklear is. That's not an issue since many people don't know who they are. The issue is that she just doesn't care that she doesn't know and appears ignorant. But people like Meghan don't even know when they look ignorant. It's like an entire generation of human apathy has sprung up since the 90's.

When I was growing up, I knew who Charles Chaplin and Gloria Swanson were even though they were 'old people' or even dead people, I felt that being aware of people in history that made contributions to music, art and literature was important because these people changed the arts for the generations that were to follow. Meghan doesn't care about anyone or anything that happened before the year 2000. Has she ever read a book by Hemingway, Faulkner or even Stephen King? The lack of interest in history and the people that either changed or made history just astounds me.

• Love 14

Meghan is foul. Her man voice and crisp feminine enunciation of her s and t sounds I cannot out my finger on it but she is damn COLD and her voice grates.

And when she en-un-ciat-es the way she does, her mouth forms a very large square.  I noticed it when she was arguing with Vicki at the luncheon; it was so weird!  

Edited to add image:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/25/05/2BA360D000000578-0-Old_and_bitter_Meghan_went_for_the_jugular_and_told_Vicki_that_s-m-114_1440476722958.jpg

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 8

I would almost feel sorry for Megan if she was even remotely likeable. She's completely out of her element with these women, her husband has one foot out the door, nobody takes her stepmotherhood seriously. But, she's not likeable, so, I don't give a shit.

• Love 16

Were we meant to believe that Brook's arranged and paid for that? Does he even work? I find it hard to believe that he could afford hot dogs on a raft let alone an elegant private yacht dinner cruise for 2 with white glove service?

• Love 24

I need to say something that will reflect not only on Meghan but on the majority of our 'under 30' population. Meghan is representative of the age involved in nothing other than pop culture, fashion and smartphones. They don't find anything beneficial about learning history whether it's world history or pop culture history. She's not that young that she shouldn't know who Richie Sambora, Tommy Lee or Heather Locklear is. That's not an issue since many people don't know who they are. The issue is that she just doesn't care that she doesn't know and appears ignorant. But people like Meghan don't even know when they look ignorant. It's like an entire generation of human apathy has sprung up since the 90's.

When I was growing up, I knew who Charles Chaplin and Gloria Swanson were even though they were 'old people' or even dead people, I felt that being aware of people in history that made contributions to music, art and literature was important because these people changed the arts for the generations that were to follow. Meghan doesn't care about anyone or anything that happened before the year 2000. Has she ever read a book by Hemingway, Faulkner or even Stephen King? The lack of interest in history and the people that either changed or made history just astounds me.

Ummmm yeah speaking as a 27 yo Meghan is not me either. She might just not be into music. And she was probably just being snarky about her age, IMO. Generalizing a whole generation of people as apathetic/uneducated and unaware says more about you than 'us' ( ie kind of ignorant)

Meghan is likely apathetic, doesn't care, and who knows if shes ever read a book in her entire life, but that's Meghan.. Not me, and I certainly wouldn't say my entire generation either (subsets, yes, but OC isn't exactly reflective of the general population)

Anyway, I digress. My thought on the episode:

The whole ' the psychic said Brooks doesn't have cancer'...like are you for real? this is the storyline? Bring me back Jersey where there is jail time and family feuds, LOL!

I might be in the minority here but I can't wait to see Heather's house completed

Also is Rapey Ryans wedding even still on? Really awkward watching them knowing that in the future he freaked out and she had to flee the house with her baby to a neighbors...really bizarre I wish Bravo would have some decency and at least edit it out after the fact ( but I guess after the whole suicide of Taylors husband nothing is off limits) This show is insane. 

And also put me on team Shannon. Really David, did you completely forget her bday or were you just being a complete passive aggressive ass.

• Love 16

Hey now, taking the towels from Cut Fitness home, to wash in Tamra's personal washer, and then rolling them up and putting them back on the shelves is a very demanding job. 

I remember Eddie saying he would not be working at the gym again. Or did Ryan say that? Can't remember. Tamra is pathetic when it comes to that kid. Lots of guilt. 

• Love 5

THAT is what Tamra was trying to say!?!?!? Just. Damn.

I am pretty sure that's where the clip with Eddie emphatically stating "I am NOT going to support Ryan and his family!" came.

Leave it to Tamra to think her "This is the house where Heather Locklear fucked some guys" speech would be a good way to attract potential buyers, but not surprising. I was so hoping they'd show some clips of the way she behaved inappropriately with her buyers when she said she could easily sell three homes in a month.

I started laughing so hard at Tamra, omg, priceless.

So was that Heather Locklear's house or was that just the room she used take guys to fuck, lol? She didn't mention HL till they got to the bedroom, I'm still laughing about it.

• Love 2

So a grown ass man hooks up with a woman with 3 kids on IG, moves in with her after weeks, proposes after months, knocks her up but doesn't have a pot to piss in nor a job no dependent on his mother hiring him to fold towels at her struggle gym and has to have mommy make the down payment on a rental? Lordt. 

So tired of all the age shaming on both ends. And again, when did 30 become the new 19? So ridiculous to see people try to pass off 30 as being not old enough to know better or have any life experience. Come the hell on!  

Your experience of being thirty may be totally different than it is now.

As a person of "great age" I've observed how age has changed in terms of maturity and responsibility.

I was married at 20, had a child at barely 23, this was the "norm" back then.

Not only is Meghan Edmonds 19, look at Ryan Vieth.  Many of the 30 year old I meet are very spoiled and entitled, especially  the ones living in Mommy's basement.   I don't mean to seem grumpy, but so many of these grown-ass people were "helicoptered" and indulged as children, they never had a reason to grow up. 

Hey, Meghan represents only Meghan. She doesn't represent the average person her age. I am a year or two younger than Meghan and know exactly who Heather Locklear is. Hell, she was favorite on Melrose. I know who Motley Crue are even though I grew up listening to rap and old school R&B. Meghan is ignorant because she's ignorant. Not because of her age.

• Love 23

Jesus Shannon. She even bitched about them bringing extra limes when she asked for extra limes. 

I did laugh tho, it was kind of ridiculous how they just lined them up on the glass lmao. Most places would just put them on a plate, right? It was funny. 

But Shannon was too upset to see the humor I suppose

• Love 4

I just go with Old Girl - seems to fit.  I'm not age shaming Vicki.  She is the old girl from the OC, meaning the one who's been on the longest.

• Love 4

Were we meant to believe that Brook's arranged and paid for that? Does he even work? I find it hard to believe that he could afford hot dogs on a raft let alone an elegant private yacht dinner cruise for 2 with white glove service?

Remember the time Vicki claimed Brooks bought her a fur coat she wore at a party?

I started laughing so hard at Tamra, omg, priceless.

So was that Heather Locklear's house or was that just the room she used take guys to fuck, lol? She didn't mention HL till they got to the bedroom, I'm still laughing about it.

I thought it belonged to some dude who got lucky one night! :-D
  • Love 1

Meghan was correct stating the fact that City of Hope Hospital, located in Los Angeles, is a leading cancer research hospital. She mentioned 'City of Hope' at least twice in last night's episode. But Meghan was referring  to alternative holistic medicine and specifically Dr Leigh Erin Connealy.  Dr. Connealy does NOT practice in of City of Hope Hospital. Her practice is in an alternative medicine facility, Cancer Center for Healing 'Clinic' (formerly Oasis of Hope) whose primary location is in Tijuana, Mexico with satelitte facilities located in Irvine, California.

https://youtu.be/K98iB5zK-dk

It's more than likely that insurance will not be accepted at Cancer Center for Healing and the cost of their treatments and nutritional therapies are extremely expensive.

A woman with breast cancer who went to Cancer Center for Healing wrote a review of the treatment and facility there on the Yelp website. This is a portion of her reivew.

"No definitive treatment plan was ever presented to me at the Center, and everything seemed to be a confused mess. I was only told potential treatments available on 3 different conference calls, which I paid for each time.  I would call to discuss my case, and instead got some incoherent statements, nothing about my actual pathology, and then paid for a monologue extolling the virtues of the treatment center's options.  The discussions with the physician were basically a lot of babbling and no concrete progress. In addition, I did not find compassion to be present.  When I told Dr. Kim of my diagnosis, the comments were "oh that is the worst type, the prognosis is terrible."  I was in shock.

So unfortunately I will not be continuing with this facility. I applaud Dr. Connealy's attempts at an integrative facility and I wanted it to be the place for me. But as far as I am concerned, their practice is definitely sloppy and I cannot afford that while dealing with cancer."

For some cancer patients, having nutritional guidance and supplements following a round of chemotherapy that was given to them in an approved and accredited hospital may be beneficial since it does deplete the body of nutrition. But as far as cancer being cured at an alternative medicine hospital, I'm very doubtful about that. It brings to mind a memory of actor Steve McQueen who 25 years ago sought a cure for his cancer at an alternative clinic in Mexico. They gave him ground up apricot pits to treat his cancer holistically.Steve McQueen is easily the most famous person whose life was cut short by asbestos-induced mesothelioma  The medical profession largely derided McQueen as a victim of fraud, but to some people with cancer, his pursuit of an alternative treatment seemed heroic.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

I've gotta lol at the fact that discussion of Meghan turns into this:

http://i.imgur.com/91sn32Qb.jpg

Also, is no one else going to mention the fact that Heather's stomach was being held together by some kind of surgical tape in the preview?

Her navel was clearly one that has been surgically modified for some reason, most likely an abdominoplasty.

• Love 4

"I just don't understand when adults make such a big deal about their birthday. (Don't even get me started on people who plan their own birthday party)."

OMG YES!!!! Cannot stand adults who do a "birthday month" either. Get. Over. Yourself. And. Grow. Up.

What happened to the gun shop that Rapey Ryan's wife supposedly owns? Why isn't she supporting his sorry ass?

She seems like a moron, fame whore too. Dragging your kids from home for this fiasco and not to mention that asshole Ryan into their lives?

Also what Shannon has vented & exposed her kids to is frigging criminal.

• Love 5

I have to get some finishing work completed in my basement. I suppose I should take a page from Heather's book and refer to it as a 'subterranean' when I call my contractor. Ahhh, I feel classy. The tour of the home was making me dizzy. I don't know how everyone else kept up. I also thought it was a little weird that Heather said the place is really dusty, hence offering slippers/booties, but then she is offering the ladies a meal there...on what is still a construction site. Like, where did the food come from? Was it prepared in the house?

I believed when the table was unveiled they were coming through tarps/sheeting on the doorway--so yes while the rest of the hse could have been dusty, that room could have been clean, esp so if  worked was stopped a few days before the lucheon.

The caters most likely prepared food off-site and brought it over in proofing ovens and had a kitchen setup in a tent outside.,

• Love 6

While I do think that when one marries, you can't just spend a large sum of money without consulting with the other person, Tamra has been receiving her own salary through this show for several years now. If she wants to spend the money she earned pre-Eddie on her son, that's her prerogative. Eddie might be the more traditional type who believes Tamra's money is his money and his money his Tamra's though.

I wondered what Vicki, the money manager/advisor had to say to Tamra about this.  She got all up in arms about wives spending their "husband's" money when shopping in Tahiti.  Even then, Tamra made the comment that the most she could probably spend without having to check with Eddie was $1,000.00.  

I think that Tamra, just like so many other moms, has a definite blind spot when it comes to her son.  She is an enabler, by allowing him to not stand on his own two feet, and work and save for things.  Ryan is a lazy, entitled-thinking human being.  I don't think we've seen him keep or hold a job for more than a season on RHOC.  He even had a good job basically handed to him when Simon was working at the Mercedes-Benz dealership that was too demanding on him, because he actually had to get up and go to work everyday, and that was too tough for him.  Tamra will always make excuses for Ryan because he is her son.  She doesn't see that the more excuses she makes for him and the more she gives, the more he expects and wants, with no gratitude or payback anywhere.

I can totally see helping out your kids at times, when they need it, if you are financially able to do so.  However, paying an almost $8,000.00 deposit on a rental home, with no discussion (that we saw) of Ryan paying her back, is a little much.  

IIRC, the phone conversation she had with Ryan, Tamra said that she would PAY the deposit, not loan him the money for the deposit.  I wonder who is signing the lease? Don't landlords run credit checks on potential renters/lessors to make sure they have sufficient funds and steady employment to support the rent payments?  

Just a few years ago, after she separated from Simon, Tamra herself, was living in a small, rental condo/townhouse with her three other kids and wasn't Ryan living with his grandmother, or sleeping on other people's couches, or something?  

I think Ryan is creepy, I think his wife is creepy, and I feel badly for those kids....all of them!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12

I hope I'm not messing this point up although I am uninterested in watching re-runs. Please correct if I am wrong.

Why on earth has Tamara gotten off scott free during the endless does Brooks have cancer amazing subplot? T was the one that asked the psychic. And doesn't Meghan use the word "insinuate" during each conversation about this EXCEPT when talking directly to Vicki. I would sure say "Tamara asked the psychic whether Brooks has cancer and he insinuated no although there was a possibility he might." Hence the endless debate among all the women.

On the pub for Shannon's b-day remember how romantic and fun Shannon was when her husband gave her the bracelet? Oh.....wait.

David is so damned for what he does....and then for what he doesn't do.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8

Stella is a little brat but she makes me laugh.

I'm actually shocked that Meghan didn't flip out on Shannon at the NASCAR thing.  Must've been because ~JIM EDMONDS~ was sitting right there, or maybe the Leann/cancer doctor thing had already happened. 

Did Vicki ever apologize to Shannon for freaking out on her at dinner?  That fool needed to grovel.

Shannon needs honest therapy.  She was the worst at that joyless birthday dinner.  Her THs make me laugh, though.

Meghan needs to stop with the ageist comments.  She's in her 30s, that's not really young anymore.  It's only a matter of time before the PYTs are making snide remarks about how old you are, sis.  You're an asshole.

Heather's Radisson is ridiculous.

I can't believe they are going ten rounds over what a psychic said about Brooks.  FFS.  Pause and look at what you're doing.

• Love 7

I personally find nothing wrong with Shannon showing her true feelings in front of her daughters -- no need to teach them to have a stiff upper lip and all. Some things hurt too much to hide.

I thought that way too.  It cost me a relationship with my daughter and my grandchildren.  It was so not worth it in the end.

Edited by solomonhancock
  • Love 7

Of course!  She kinda said it like she thinks everyone does.  She also said 14 bathrooms is obnoxious.  OK then.

I took this whole sequence about comparing the number of bathrooms to be sarcasm.  It was, to me, a 'Really?  14??  Like that's extravagant compared to my 13....'

YMMV.....

• Love 5

I have zero doubt that Shannon demanded all the gory details of the affair from David. She has said more than once that he doesn't want to talk about it, and just wants it to all go away. Just like she demanded the list of restaurants he took his side piece to, I will imagine she pressed him for all the details. Remember that she also said she had a feeling he was cheating from the beginning and he just told her she was nuts. If you are married to a guy who goes to bed every night by 9PM because he gets up at 4AM and you suspect he is cheating, the fact that he goes back out after being "intimate" with you would make you think.

What he did was unforgivable and I would have been gone girl. She has made a different choice, and the fact that she decided to share that little nugget about her 50th birthday on TV is also unforgivable. To her children. What on earth is making her go to this place when hearing these horrible things will be real for her kids forever? What is she thinking? Is fame so important to her, her need to be real and honest so much more important then shielding her kids from such an ugly reality? I hope I am wrong, but I think she is doing a great long-term damage to her relationship with them by openly humiliating him in such a fashion, in what appears to be an attempt to look more sympathetic. If you want to take him back then take him back. If you need to punish him for eternity, do it away from your kids. I have gone from just not liking her a lot of the time to detesting her. She has reached the Brandi Glanville level of thinking that being completely open and honest is a virtue while not caring how it might impact your kids. That's the lowest of the low, IMO.

mcm65, ITA

Both her and David are pieces of shit for putting their girls thru this.  They certainly don't need the money, so this really makes them the lowest of the low.   Yep, they've fallen into Brandi Glanville territory.   

On a completely unrelated note:

Still don't like Vicki, but I'm  in awe over how much better she looks with her new hairstyle.   (and most likely some face tweaking.)  

And I'm still in love with her backyard.  My dream is to live there.

• Love 2

I thought it was pretty obvious that Shannon was joking about the 13 vs. 14 bathrooms thing. She can be pretty funny and self-aware when she wants to be.

Wasn't obvious to me.  The woman has 11 bathrooms in her house.  11 bathrooms!!  So she lied about having 2 more to make a joke?  Idk, it's funny & yet to me, living in Manhattan, where I got 2 square feet of space that I pay whatever dough I earn for living in, it ain't all that funny to me.  

Er, can Shannon be funny?  Really?  Wait, really?  Yeah, I guess she can be.  But man, she was just so weepy & whiny, with her woe-is-me pity party & her sour puss, I musta forgotten she can be funny.  Real easy to forget that.  I guess she was drinking when she did that TH.

Btw, does Shannon's joint look like a museum or what?  Man, I'd get the creeps living in that spooky place.  Looks like something out of a Twilight Zone or an Alfred Hitchcock ep.

• Love 1

The dynamic between Shannon and David is so uncomfotable to watch. They play these passive aggressive games with each other. Shannon with her expectations and daily rehashing of the affair and David with his little jabs by taking her to a pub for her b-day dinner and making statements like "I saw that woman today..." in passing while Shannon freaks out. First of all, there is no birthday celebration that David could have planned that would have taken Shannon's mind off her obsession. If David showed up on a white steed ad whisked her a way to a castle, she would have found something wrong. And David, a bar, really? He just loves pushing her buttons. And Shannon, Jesus woman, you have been married long enough to stop expecting romance 24/7. If you want to go somewhere specific for your b-day, effing tell him. Some guys suck at planning that kind of thing. 

Tamra wants to be a realtor. Well, lesson number one, if your client (Meghan) says they are looking at 1-3 Mil houses, don't effing show them something that costs 5-10 times as much. THen calculate your commission before you are even close to a sale. And while it's hard to justify paying a deposit for a 30 year old man, I get that sometimes kids need help. But how the fresh hell is Rapey Ryan going to come up with $3500/month. Working at CUT fitness rolling towels? Sarah is obviously not working since she is moving with him and has a baby. I am one thousand percent sure that Tams signed the lease as a guarantor. 

Vicki is certifiable. She loves that Brooks makes it "all about her". If there was even an undertstatement. Who tells waitstaff about their mother dying? I noticed Brooks was drinking on the boat too. I guess the sugar in white bread that loves cancer is different than the sugar in booze, lol. Vicks was like a maniac at lunch in her pink Batman cape dress. 

Heather's house? I mean really, who cares? 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6

Heather the Queen of Versailles can have that big house fine with me because of the retort she gave to Megahn at NASCAR. M was whining about how everyone thinks she insinuated that Brooks doesnt have cancer and Heather goes "well that's what you did." Thank YOU Heather!

Yes!! I loved that part too! Heather is on fire this season and keeping above the fray so far. Good for her.

I totally agree that Shannon and David are doing harm to their children. Look at all the RH kids that have been dragged through it. Taylor's, Kim's, Brandi's, Ramona's, and now possibly Kristen Takeman's.

I had to deal with parental infidelity in front of only my partner and myself, and I was considerably older than Shannon and David's kids. And it wasn't between my parents, it involved a step-parent. I was mortified and hurt for months that my parent would be so brazen as to bring this woman on our vacation for my birthday. I can't even imagine being a pre-teen or teen and having to deal with this on television. And all the details! Stop choosing a paycheck over your children RH's!

As much as I never thought I'd compliment Ramona (NYC), I thought she handled Mario's infidelity better than Shannon has handled David's infidelity. Andy needs to get a clue. Ramona had a daughter just starting college, she didn't need to splash out all the gory details out of respect for her daughter. And I know many (including myself, probably) thought that Ramona behaved atrociously at that reunion, but I prefer her approach to that of Shannon/David's! (Low bar.) Just because Andy thinks that if you go on a reality show you have to expose all, doesn't mean that you should. When minor children are involved it gets a lot trickier than that.

This show has dipped low. Questioning cancer, showcasing a woman finding out about her mother's death, infidelity, and dragging children into the middle. It's yucky. Not to mention Tamra's Ryan. Knowing what we know now, his scenes make me ill.

Surely Shannon has enough money to divorce and not be worried about her RH paycheck right? The thought floated through my mind that she may be staying to build up money to leave David, but then I remembered how rich they are! This is a case of divorcing for the children. My parent's divorced and I've always thought of it as the best parenting choice they (mom) made for me! No children should have to grow up around that dysfunction. They're already noticing the tension and mirroring their parent's behavior. I swear ones a mini-Shannon and the other is a mini-David in the making.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6

I'm 35...and Meghan certainly doesn't speak to me as someone whose the typical 30 year old. Alot of people under 30 certainly knew who heather Locklear was and a lot of then are very well read and educated..that they're in touch with what is going on with the world in this day and age.

• Love 6

Sure he can - with Vicki's credit card...

• Love 7