Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

Shannon being upset boils down to David not having a CLUE what she likes and what makes her happy.  You would think after what 15 years of marriage, he might have an inkling what she likes.  But as we saw... David is clueless.

Absolutely!  To me, it's quite obvious that David is gaslighting Shannon passive-aggressively (again).  He builds up the day.  He tells her how amazing it's going to be.  He deliberately gives her sky high expectations, then takes her to a place he absolutely knows is not her thing.  Then he sits there with his little puppy dog sad face, and whines to the children that daddy can never win. 

I really understand Shannon's reaction, and I'm not even married.  David proved that either he knows nothing about her after fifteen years of marriage, or he simply doesn't care, and deliberately does this while on camera - again!

Could Shannon have handled it better?  Hell yes, but I'm sure this is nothing new.  David paints himself as the victim to their children, which makes daddy the good guy, and mommy the bad guy.  It's part of the whole:  I'm not having an affair.  You're being paranoid.  You're crazy.  How dare you accuse me of being unfaithful when I bust my ass for this family.  I know it's your birthday - I'm giving you five minutes of sex, before I go and fuck my mistress.  Oh you're going to complain about no orgasm now?

ETA:  A personal story to help make my point.  Years ago, my cousin put a lot of time/effort/money into my birthday.  It started off in the morning and didn't end until that night.  It was a scavenger hunt in which I had to find the clue, solve it, go to the destination, and walk in and ask them for my gift.  I hated it.  To this day it's my worst memory of a birthday.  The worst part is, she was my best friend.  She knew exactly how I would feel.  She was the social butterfly who loved to be the center of attention.  She was the one who'd never gotten a surprise party.  I was irrelevant to the whole thing.  It was about her, and what she wanted to do, and how wonderful and special she wanted me to tell her she was.  I will admit that I whined louder as the day went on.  We're no longer in contact, and over the years I see a lifetime of passive-aggressive behavior on her part.  She hated me as equally as she loved me.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 19

The premise that the details of Vicki and Brooks's situation are somehow off limits makes no sense to me. They, as two legally functional adults, elected to make their circumstances their primary narrative this season. Perhaps Bravo incentivized Vicki in some capacity but life is all about choices and compromise. Would they owe anyone explanations about their medical decisions in quotidian life? Of course not. Would I personally find it distasteful to speculate about the veracity of their statements in this context were I a cast member of the show? You bet. But it's analogous to Shannon airing all of her marital laundry on national tv or Heather behaving like a hateful asshole to first Alexis and then Shannon - by definition, whatever one offers up for viewing on American cable is subject to opprobrium, critique, and deconstruction, not only from the audience but also from one's co-workers. Meghan is, of course, subject to the same realities - which is why she's experiencing backlash over her conduct and her ostensible exploitation of Lee Ann's struggles. But there's not some dichotomy in what Vicki and Brooks are promoting as their storyline is sacrosanct while Meghan's narrative is irrefutable evidence of crass and cold-hearted opportunism. All of these women are culpable for what they film and fair game for attention to the inconsistencies, hypocrisies, and gaps of logic that become evident in their statements and actions. All my subjective opinion, of course.

• Love 10

My ex-husband had numerous affairs. My then 12 year old daughter got on his computer and read the emails between him and the chick. ....it created quite the mess. As much as I tried to forgive him, I never could get past it.

It really impacted my daughters, especially the one who found the emails...to this day.

Shannon and David are really playing this all wrong. No matter what now, their girls will not forget this.

• Love 17

She has done it as much as Shannon has; maybe more. She did it twice just last night. The first time whn talking to Tamra. She said something about her being very young, almost the same age as her son Michael, and therefore unqualified to know about anything. The second time she actually said it right to Meghan's face. She said she was a child, a baby, who didn't have the life experiences as the rest of them, so she should just keep her mouth shut. It was after that that Meghan called her an old lady. Fair enough in my book.

You know, I think this is a false equivalency.  For the first ten years I was a nurse, I got daily comments - you're too young to be a nurse!  You're a baby!  Being the youngest adult in a group of women, is rarely an insult.  I certainly didn't feel bad, I knew it was a compliment of sorts.  Now, flip that.  God, you're too old to be a nurse!  They're really not comparable.

It's kind of like people who claim "skinny shaming" is the same as fat shaming.  They're not even in the same ballpark.  In the last century, being skinny has always been praised, and something to be attained.  Just because you're thin, no one assumes you smell, lack basic hygiene and self-control.  I've been skinny, and I've been twenty pounds overweight.  When I'm skinny, I'm praised, and occasionally I get some concern about my health.  Not true when I gain weight.  The number one question people ask when they're placed on steroids?  Am I going to gain weight.  These people have debilitating diseases, cancer, etc.  But weight gain is a concern because of how they're treated and perceived.

And no need to tell me about the horrors of living the life of skinniness.  My mom had the same problem, couldn't gain weight to save her life.  She knows she's much luckier than her two obese sisters, who had the opposite problem.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Being the youngest adult in a group of women, is rarely an insult. I certainly didn't feel bad, I knew it was a compliment of sorts. Now, flip that. God, you're too old to be a nurse! They're really not comparable.

Except in this case it seems clear that both Vicki and Shannon view it as being an insult and use it to declare that Meghan cannot have any opinion about their actions or behavior towards her.

Loath as I am to say anything remotely positive about Tamra but it's clear that when she talks about Meghans age she doesn't mean it as an insult and also good naturally takes her comments about the house being built before she was born.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

The premise that the details of Vicki and Brooks's situation are somehow off limits makes no sense to me. They, as two legally functional adults, elected to make their circumstances their primary narrative this season. Perhaps Bravo incentivized Vicki in some capacity but life is all about choices and compromise. Would they owe anyone explanations about their medical decisions in quotidian life? Of course not. Would I personally find it distasteful to speculate about the veracity of their statements in this context were I a cast member of the show? You bet. But it's analogous to Shannon airing all of her marital laundry on national tv or Heather behaving like a hateful asshole to first Alexis and then Shannon - by definition, whatever one offers up for viewing on American cable is subject to opprobrium, critique, and deconstruction, not only from the audience but also from one's co-workers. Meghan is, of course, subject to the same realities - which is why she's experiencing backlash over her conduct and her ostensible exploitation of Lee Ann's struggles. But there's not some dichotomy in what Vicki and Brooks are promoting as their storyline is sacrosanct while Meghan's narrative is irrefutable evidence of crass and cold-hearted opportunism. All of these women are culpable for what they film and fair game for attention to the inconsistencies, hypocrisies, and gaps of logic that become evident in their statements and actions. All my subjective opinion, of course.

For me, the crux of it is that Vicki didn't opt to make this her primary story line, BRAVO did. She agreed to film with Brooks because he was living with her. But, everything that they have done, the vagueness the not going into detail, shows me that they never wanted this to be the primary story line for them. I'm pretty sure that Vicki was hoping her story line would follow her life with the other women, her long distance relationship with Brianna and her ongoing friendship with Shannon. 

Vicki had a great year last season. She came across well. She supported Shannon against the crazy that was Heather and Tamra. She tried to get Tamra to see reason. The only thing she wanted was for the women to support her decision to continue seeing Brooks and to not speculate on that relationship. So, I wasn't the least bit surprised when she didn't want Brooks to be involved in her story this year. But, Andy threatened to fire her if she didn't include Brooks. 

Brooks having cancer just happens to be a part of their reality. But, it isn't something they have been trying to put out there as story fodder, certainly not something to be speculated on. I think BRAVO saw that first phone call between Tamra and and Vicki where Eddie coughs "bullshit" and ran with it. Obviously, Tamra had been feeding speculation that Brooks was somehow lying about it. 

I think about how Brianna had her cancer scare and Vicki made it all about her. Aside from a couple of conversations with Brianna, it wasn't Vicki's focal story. I suspect she figured the same thing would happen with Brooks. But, Tamra had been feeding this whole "Brooks is faking cancer" thing since before filming began and BRAVO couldn't resist their number one shit stirrer. 

No one was asking Vicki to "prove" that Brianna had tumors on her thyroid. No one was questioning Brianna about her treatment, they either said the supportive words or made it about them (Gretchen crying over Jeff).

• Love 4

You know, I think this is a false equivalency.  For the first ten years I was a nurse, I got daily comments - you're too young to be a nurse!  You're a baby!  Being the youngest adult in a group of women, is rarely an insult.  I certainly didn't feel bad, I knew it was a compliment of sorts.  Now, flip that.  God, you're too old to be a nurse!  They're really not comparable.

It's kind of like people who claim "skinny shaming" is the same as fat shaming.  They're not even in the same ballpark.  In the last century, being skinny has always been praised, and something to be attained.  Just because you're thin, no one assumes you smell, lack basic hygiene and self-control.  I've been skinny, and I've been twenty pounds overweight.  When I'm skinny, I'm praised, and occasionally I get some concern about my health.  Not true when I gain weight.  The number one question people ask when they're placed on steroids?  Am I going to gain weight.  These people have debilitating diseases, cancer, etc.  But weight gain is a concern because of how they're treated and perceived.

And no need to tell me about the horrors of living the life of skinniness.  My mom had the same problem, couldn't gain weight to save her life.  She knows she's much luckier than her two obese sisters, who had the opposite problem.

I want to marry this post. You've read my mind! I was going to equate "age shaming" with "skinny shaming" earlier in a post, but didn't want to open that can of worms. I'm obviously only one person, with one opinion, but its clear to me which is actually the bigger problem. For example, people lie on their profiles all the time about their weight. How many pick a higher number to avoid being skinny shamed? Now how many lie and record their weight as a lower number? Same with age- who lies to make themselves older? (Business opportunities being the small exception- and even now youth is mostly seen as an asset there.)

Both skinny shaming and fat shaming and age shaming are all wrong, but there's definitely a difference. It's clear what our culture values- age, youth, and beauty. I have always been underweight. You want to make fun of me for being skinny? Sure, go ahead. I can't equate that with the same level of injustice and stereotyping that happens on the other side. Now I'm sure there are exceptions. For example, I remember a poster being shamed by a teacher for being thin and being forced to eat in front of him. This rises to the level of bullying in my opinion (older man in a position of power picking on a younger female). In general, talking about how thin someone is is no where near as hurtful as talking about how fat someone is!  Ditto the age thing.

While calling someone a "thirty-year-old" disdainfully is "uncool", I don't think its as mean spirited as calling someone a "bitter old woman." Mileage varies of course!

And unless I'm mistaken (and I probably am) , no one has made fun of Megan's age to her face (only in TH's or to each other) so she hadn't seen any of that before her "bitter old woman" comment. Also Megan plays up her youth for all her money's worth, so she doesn't get the right to complain about it when others comment on it.

It would be like me walking around complaining all the time about how I can never find my size, all clothes are too big on me and really playing up how thin I (theoretically) am. Then getting mad when someone calls me thin/skinny/ or underweight.

I'd love to see the numbers of how many people who are skinny-shamed would choose to go to the other side and be fat-shamed instead? Likewise with age. In a perfect world we would all just get along, but that isn't the case in life or on the show!

Edited by Granimal
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Only if he scoots to the sidepiece.  Rumors are that she's married too.  He should just escape and simmah down...SIMMAH dowwwwwwnnnnn and see what real life has to offer.

I think in the normal realm of "crazy shit women do when cheated on" the mistress only wins if the husband leaves the wife for the mistress. But, in Shannon's case, I think that it wouldn't matter if David left her for the other woman or if he just left her. If David left, the mistress would still win because in Shannon's mind it is the affair that caused David to leave. I feel like Shannon needs to have David grovel and if she decides to leave him, she wins. But if he stays, she also wins because she is showing the mistress that the affair meant nothing compared to the marriage. Plus, she has the added bonus of making him pay for the affair every time she has a negative thought. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 8

I think in the normal realm of "crazy shit women do when cheated on" the mistress only wins if the husband leaves the wife for the mistress. But, in Shannon's case, I think that it wouldn't matter if David left her for the other woman or if he just left her. If David left, the mistress would still win because in Shannon's mind it is the affair that caused David to leave. I feel like Shannon needs to have David grovel and if she decides to leave him, she wins. But if he stays, she also wins because she is showing the mistress that the affair meant nothing compared to the marriage. Plus, she has the added bonus of making him pay for the affair every time she has a negative thought.

Shannon is not winning anything, she is losing her self-respect and the respect of her children and the fight against alcohol.

• Love 9

Shannon is pushing David to leave so she gets her "I told you so" moment. I knew he would leave me one day.

Many insecure people sabotage their relationships to prove how unworthy they are. They push and test their partners until they get what they want. Usually it's a sub-conscious 'need' and I'm sure Shannon would deny it.

• Love 4

Context is important here, far more so than just words alone. If a patient said to you, "I want another nurse to tend me because you look to young/like a baby" then it would be comparable to what/how Vicki talks about Meghan's age. If Vicki said to Meghan "You look like a teen" then it would be comparable to someone telling you how "Young you look". Vicki is not talking about how "young" Meghan looks, she is saying that Meghan is not old enough to have an "opinion", let alone express an opinion that differs from hers. And this is coming from someone older that Vicki and who thinks Meghan is a twit. LOL

• Love 5

Just watched the entire episode. Man was that cancer talk/argument tedious. What does Vicki's mom's death have to do with anything? Just a really weird conversation. Or maybe it was the editing job. I'm so over this storyline.

• Love 2

If he's checked out, he should have the balls to leave. No one can force him to stay.

I can only say that,based on my own history that leaving is hard.

I knew that I wanted out but I still cared about my husband. In fact, I still loved

him. Not in the way I should have but still, it just isn't easy. of course I cared enough about him not to cheat on him

• Love 2

Exactly. I agree that Shannon will never be truly happy, but damned if anyone else is going to be happy either. 

As for why David stays - perhaps she is using the kids to guilt him into staying.

I agree completely.  My sister is married to a complete loser(no job for years) that has my parents help support them and I totally think he has convinced one of my nieces to worship the ground he walks on in order for him to stick around.  It's disgusting.  My older niece just started college many miles from home and seems VERY happy, but we also think she is totally on to her dad's game.  The younger niece is a Junior in HS so it will be interesting what happens to this toxic relationship when she leaves for college in two years.  I do NOT understand what makes women or men stay in these types of relationships.  Everyone around my sister knows she is stressed and miserable. 

Bottom line is that Shannon and David's relationship is so f'd up.  Putting this on TV makes it even more so.  If Shannon truly cared about her children, she'd realize this.  David is just as much to blame but it seems he's going along to keep her happy.  As a parent, Shannon needs to realize that her 'hurt' doesn't outweigh her kids' welfare.  

• Love 6

I want to marry this post. You've read my mind! I was going to equate "age shaming" with "skinny shaming" earlier in a post, but didn't want to open that can of worms. I'm obviously only one person, with one opinion, but its clear to me which is actually the bigger problem. For example, people lie on their profiles all the time about their weight. How many pick a higher number to avoid being skinny shamed? Now how many lie and record their weight as a lower number? Same with age- who lies to make themselves older? (Business opportunities being the small exception- and even now youth is mostly seen as an asset there.)

Both skinny shaming and fat shaming and age shaming are all wrong, but there's definitely a difference. It's clear what our culture values- age, youth, and beauty. I have always been underweight. You want to make fun of me for being skinny? Sure, go ahead. I can't equate that with the same level of injustice and stereotyping that happens on the other side. Now I'm sure there are exceptions. For example, I remember a poster being shamed by a teacher for being thin and being forced to eat in front of him. This rises to the level of bullying in my opinion (older man in a position of power picking on a younger female). In general, talking about how thin someone is is no where near as hurtful as talking about how fat someone is!  Ditto the age thing.

While calling someone a "thirty-year-old" disdainfully is "uncool", I don't think its as mean spirited as calling someone a "bitter old woman." Mileage varies of course!

And unless I'm mistaken (and I probably am) , no one has made fun of Megan's age to her face (only in TH's or to each other) so she hadn't seen any of that before her "bitter old woman" comment. Also Megan plays up her youth for all her money's worth, so she doesn't get the right to complain about it when others comment on it.

It would be like me walking around complaining all the time about how I can never find my size, all clothes are too big on me and really playing up how thin I (theoretically) am. Then getting mad when someone calls me thin/skinny/ or underweight.

I'd love to see the numbers of how many people who are skinny-shamed would choose to go to the other side and be fat-shamed instead? Likewise with age. In a perfect world we would all just get along, but that isn't the case in life or on the show!

In general, I do think it is a bit different. Most people want to be young vs. old, and skinny vs. fat. Where I disagree is when either are used as a tool to bring someone down or minimize them. When this happens, both are equally wrong. The fact is, Vicki did go there about Meghan's age before Meghan called her an old woman. It was in response to Vicki saying the following to Meghan: "you need to go away. You're a little girl and you need to go away until you're a big girl. You're just a little girl. You're 30. You have not been through life like we have been".

She said this right after Meghan pointed out that Vicki felt like she has the right to stick her nose in Meghan's business about the step-daughter. Vicki didn't seem to appreciate being reminded that she willingly inserts her opinions about the decisions that others make, but wants for others to stay out of her life. She said that about Meghan to minimize her and make her feel small and insignificant because she didn't know what else to say to defend herself.

I'm sure this opinion is not shared by many, but as I approach 50 I've been on both sides, much like many people on the forum. As I said in an earlier post, when I was 30 I thought that 50 was old. Most of my friends did as well. Now that I am there, I know better, but I didn't then. I can actually forgive people for not knowing what they don't know. What I find disgusting is women of my age, who have seen and done 30, looking down on those of that age, and I hear it all the time. They were there once and they know how it felt to be not taken seriously because of their age. They should know better because they've been there. The 30 old has not.

• Love 12

Also, the girls didn't want to go out to the birthday dinner because they would miss a television show, not because Shannon isn't fun. Shannon even mentioned DVR.

Yes, it seemed that they did want to watch a TV show (that's what Shannon assumed, anyway).  But for sure the girls know all about the capabilities of a DVR.  They've expressed several times and in several different ways that they're sick of the tension between their parents.  From what we've seen, they know far too much about what's gone on and are subjected to it far too often.  They're kids!  Grown-up stuff doesn't have to play out right in front of them over & over & over.  It's not healthy for anyone, and they seem really uncomfortable with it.

So yes, they wanted to see a TV show.  But I think if the offer had been for a fun time, they would have been only too happy to watch the TV show later.  They've already told us - all of America actually - that they don't think their mother is fun.  So it seems to me that was certainly a large part of their motivation in trying to get out of the dinner.  I think they'd rather stay home in the dark with no TV at all rather than witness their mother's unhappiness & disappointment yet again.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5

In general, I do think it is a bit different. Most people want to be young vs. old, and skinny vs. fat. Where I disagree is when either are used as a tool to bring someone down or minimize them. When this happens, both are equally wrong. The fact is, Vicki did go there about Meghan's age before Meghan called her an old woman. It was in response to Vicki saying the following to Meghan: "you need to go away. You're a little girl and you need to go away until you're a big girl. You're just a little girl. You're 30. You have not been through life like we have been".

She said this right after Meghan pointed out that Vicki felt like she has the right to stick her nose in Meghan's business about the step-daughter. Vicki didn't seem to appreciate being reminded that she willingly inserts her opinions about the decisions that others make, but wants for others to stay out of her life. She said that about Meghan to minimize her and make her feel small and insignificant because she didn't know what else to say to defend herself.

I'm sure this opinion is not shared by many, but as I approach 50 I've been on both sides, much like many people on the forum. As I said in an earlier post, when I was 30 I thought that 50 was old. Most of my friends did as well. Now that I am there, I know better, but I didn't then. I can actually forgive people for not knowing what they don't know. What I find disgusting is women of my age, who have seen and done 30, looking down on those of that age, and I hear it all the time. They were there once and they know how it felt to be not taken seriously because of their age. They should know better because they've been there. The 30 old has not.

Thank you for sharing this!

Regarding the bolded-  I totally agree with you.- WOW! Vicki said that? I totally missed that. That's heinous. Everyone deserves to have an opinion regardless of age. That's insanity. I agree, Vicki said this to belittle and minimize Megan's opinions as if she were insignificant.

Now I'm thinking of all sorts of shaming. We could rich- shame Heather, age- shame Megan, fitness-shame Tamra, business-shame Vicki, and....I can't think of a good one for Shannon.

/Personal history/ I have to admit that I was a "victim" of age shaming recently.  A client totally ignored my efforts and asked me to get "someone else", since everyone around me was at least twenty years older than me, I knew what the problem was. The (older) woman that ended up helping her said the exact same thing that I had said and the client was respectful to them. I know she was condescending to me because of me age, because she later called regarding the same issue over the phone and didn't remember my name and praised me for how great and helpful I was over the phone! Since she couldn't see me she must have deemed me an acceptable age at that point. It did bother me quite a bit. /Personal history/

However, it's hard for me to imagine Megan being upset at being called young. That's like her whole shtick and identity on this show. It's as if she takes pride in being the youngest of this group of women. I don't know what she'll do when she's older. Probably find a group of people older than her to hang out with. She'll be the Blanche of the group forever. LOL.

Also, the way editing went down, Megan seemed to be complaining about her step-daughter and making it a topic of conversation. If anything Vicki doesn't bring up Brook's cancer unless she's prodded and prodded by the women. I am positive that Megan doesn't care about Brooks. I don't like how she brought up Leanne and the fake tears. Seemed exploitative. I also doubt that Vicki cares about Hayley. But from what was shown/ what I remembered Megan opened it up for discussion. (Now I could be wrong about this- I'm not watching again, so I'm working from memory!)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

As other have mentioned, 30 is young, but it isn't that young.  Meghan is just immature, and if Vicki had worded it that way instead of generalizing 30 as too young to know anything, we all would have agreed.  As long as Meghan acts like a 17-year-old mean girl, she'll be labeled as one.

When Gretchen was new on the show, she was 31.  Not once did you hear her mock the ladies about their age or call them "old", no matter how much they poked and prodded her. It's not the age, it's the person's maturity level, and some of the 40 to 50 something housewives (all of the franchises) act like 17-year old mean girls themselves!

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

To be fair, don't most teens and tweens find their parents to be boring old farts?

Yes, I guess some do.  But the Beador household is clearly not a warm & loving place to be, and it goes well beyond simply thinking their parents are boring.  That would be pretty normal, and I don't think what these kids witness and hear about is at all normal.   Kids that age shouldn't be talking about tension between their parents, but these kids have done that.  They don't think Shannon is fun because she's not fun.  She's a wet blanket who is miserable and complaining far too much of the time.  They shouldn't be so worried about her happiness.  She should be worried about theirs.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10
No one was asking Vicki to "prove" that Brianna had tumors on her thyroid.

Perhaps because Brianna was a good, hardworking kid...not:

Someone who ran out on THOUSANDS of dollars of child support (and Vicki paid...rather than have him go to jail)

A cheater

A con man who has scammed women out of money

A grifter

A liar

Mostly unemployed

...and more................................

• Love 7

The problem with Meghan is that she is just so damned unlikable. There is zero charm there as far as I can see; nothing to make me root for her, even though I will because she is going up against Vickie. She is just making it so hard for me.

She is clearly a student of the show, and she knows what gets under Vicki's skin. In general she doesn't like the newbies, tends to be jealous and insecure, and while she throws her opinions around at will, wants other people to stay out of her business. The thing is, the deal with Brooks is hard for me to get behind because Meghan is acting like she cares so much about how it all works out for Brooks, and I don't believe that she really gives two shits = it's just a way to insert herself into a story. The whole thing reminds me so much of the Vicki/Gretchen dynamic in Gretchen's first season. Vicki didn't care for Gretchen and rarely ever said a word to her, but got very much involved when the topic of Jeff dying and issues of money came about. Suddently Vicki was all up in Gretchen's grill about what she had done to protect herself. She cautioned that she needed to be unsympathetic and assertive in making sure that she taken care of financially when Jeff died. Gretchen was uncomfortable with the direction she was giving, saying that there was no way she could talk to a man who was dying about money, and Vicki basically told her she was a fool if she didn't. She kept saying that she didn't want to see Gretchen end up with nothing; that she cared about her and wanted to make sure she was taken care of. I didn't believe for a second that Vicki cared one bit what happened to Gretchen and whether or not she ended up with any money, anymore than I believe Meghan actually cares about Brooks. Meghan is pulling a "Vicki" on Vicki and involving herelf where she has no business involving herself. Just like Vicki did when she use to hammer away at Tamra about Simon, when she use to have loud opinions about Slade and his child support issues, like she has with Meghan about her situation. I love that someone is giving it back to her, I just wish it were someone more capable/likable than Meghan.

• Love 6

Icky behaves in an extremely immature way for someone who likes to lecture others about their behavior. I am her age and cringe when she goes off on people (women, usually younger) on one of her lunatic rants. It is pretty hysterical that she considers herself to be classy and sophisticated when she behaves like a fool and a shrew so much of the time. Her need the be with a man, any man apparently, blinds her to so much else. To me she is pretty much the most pathetic of this entire bunch of lunatic women.

• Love 11

I think they use the young excuse instead of evil bitch or stupid bitch. I can't wait to see the response to Jim Edmonds telling Vicki to STFU over her standing up for her boyfriend with cancer. Jim must understand after watching this show that Meghan is an unreliable historian. Meghan totally invited empathy and comments when she told the story of Hayley and her academic course. Same with Shannon and the phone call. Nobody in their right mind could possibly believe this fake "caring' act of Meghan's.

Is anybody else a little "skeeved out" over Tamra's sex party? Apparently Vicki's white dress at the sex party earned two flipped birds from Meghan saying she is disrespecting Tamra's theme. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1013/videos?clip=2894996

Yes, totally skeeved! Of course, Tamra would go with the sex tape theme, she's a pig. I thought I've seen it all, but bibles for dummies, all the fake "I'm a better Tamra," hiding financial info from my husband (isn't $7000 way over the $1000 limit of disclosure she mentioned?) the sex tape reveal party and she's going to be baptized? I hope she really is sincere deep down in her heart or she truly is as evil as I thinks she is...

As far as Vicki wearing a white dress? Not sure if that was for attention, I'm sure it was calculated but if I had to go to a "sex party" for my Bravo gig I would just wear a normal outfit too.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2

I was watching last night's rerun and noticed they said nothing about rent when Tamra paid for Ryan's deposit on a house at the realtor office. When did someone conclude it was for rent?

It was called a deposit, not a down payment, and the amount was just above 2 months of payments. I think they intentionally danced around not using the words "rent" or "purchase". It was awkward. Tamara also said the monthly payment was $3500. $7000 down on a mortgage that is $3500 a month doesn't really add up. Not even with a boatload of assets.

Plus, Ryan is not employed. Sara probably isn't either. That doesn't mean they couldn't get a mortgage. It just means they would have a high interest rate and need a huge cash down payment. $7000 from Mom won't get more than a lease with her co-signing.

• Love 2

I think people are forgetting that what we see is in the past. Knowing Leann Edmonds has passed away while these ladies are comparing their "pain" illustrates this loud and clear.

I wonder if this is the bottom with David & Shannon and we are now going to start to see their relationship start to improve at some point soon. While I certainly agree what we are viewing is depressing, mainly because of witnessing the stress on their daughters, I truly hope the doom and gloom is going to start to fade. I hope so.

If this was in real time, then yes, I would say there is no hope for Shannon and her marriage. If this is what we saw in another year, yes, they need to go their separate ways. I'm in the camp that they might still have a chance. They have a lot to lose if they choose to separate. If I was Shannon's friend I would still encourage her to stay at this point. As the counselor mentioned (although her methods were whacky IMO) it can typically take 2 years to begin to truly heal in this situation. Time will tell.

I also believe that typically the mother is not perceived as the "fun one" in most families. No, most moms are not Debbie Downers like current Shannon, but again, the disciplinarian is never the most beloved parent in a child's life.

David set her up for high expectations as Shannon claimed he said he was going to make sure she had a special birthday to make up for what happened on her 50th. Major fail. Honestly most of my birthdays are low key, nothing over the top, especially when our children were young...however my husband didn't step out on me. He never dishonored me the way David has, so I was never looking for that grand "make up" birthday celebration that was promised by a dishonest husband. David has some major damage to repair and this was a very lame effort, obvious to any guy, even Larry the Cable Guy.

Maybe Terry D was right?! (Even though I think Terry is also a cad) David is really not much better, at this point in time, than Joe Guidicci. David's just a polished version of Joe until he redeems himself to Shannon.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

I don't have the facts but I am pretty sure she just managed the store. I think her father may have been an owner/partner but his suicide might have prevented her from inheriting his position. Again, I have no facts.

I thought the woman Ryan married owned a gun store or something? Wouln't she have had money if she sold it? Or is she just another opportunist? Was that all BS?

It was posted that she was an employee, and now she has a new baby, so a job is probably not in the cards at present.

• Love 1

David just seems so out of it all the time. In his own little world. Even when he was hanging with the guys at the race track. Jim (Jim....Edmunds) was explaining different things about the racers and the track, and David just kept saying, "Yea....yea". Like he was totally disinterested, not paying attention, woken from a nap. He's not just like that with Shannon. Is he on drugs? Or just constantly thinking about something else?

• Love 5
I love that someone is giving it back to her, I just wish it were someone more capable/likable than Meghan.

That's just what makes Meghan likable for me.  The next step would be for Meghan to ask Vicki's advice on insurance--or "business" because Vicki's such an expert.  A "friendship" might develop (not that I would EVER want that for Meghan).

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

Jim, Jim Edmonds, was reading numbers off a tire in the pit, at the track. I know a little bit about tire sizes and grades. I also know a little bit about NASCAR. I have no idea what the 4 numbers he read off meant. It didn't sound like he, Jim Edmonds, knew either. I can't rag on David for his "yeah" in that situation. Lol

• Love 6
The problem with Meghan is that she is just so damned unlikable. There is zero charm there as far as I can see; nothing to make me root for her, even though I will because she is going up against Vickie. She is just making it so hard for me.

I think Meghan IS likable...just not on this show.  She seemed like a pretty, sweet, and charming girl on "Say Yes to the Dress."   Satan Andy can manipulate his "stars" and viewers from the North to the South Poles.  If things work out (and I think he's a diehard St. Louis Jim Edmonds fan), Meghan may emerge as a show favorite.

Edited by Former Nun

So Lizzie has weighed in and thinks Meghan might just do things for drama.  I will say after the Napa Valley-you owe me an apology opening and bringing this up to Vicki-especially leading with Shannon having raised the issue to Meghan, I do believe Lizzie is correct.  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/08/27/meghan-king-edmonds-argument-vicki-gunvalson-premeditated-lizzie-rovsek-thinks/

Meghan seems to form the strongest attachments to the most superficial of relationships  Why all the concern for Brooks ?  She doesn't like Vicki and Jim doesn't like VIcki so why the fake concern?  It seems to me by the timeline Meghan and Jim were only living in Orange County for about three months when Meghan made this outcry of diminished pain over Leann's terminal cancer and I even question when and why Meghan would be accompanying LeAnn to chemo treatments as it sounded as if she had been pulled off chemo when we first met her.  A true sign of a pyscho bitch is when a forty three year old mother of two is terminal and the stepmother is talking about her pain in the situation. 

• Love 8

Except in this case it seems clear that both Vicki and Shannon view it as being an insult and use it to declare that Meghan cannot have any opinion about their actions or behavior towards her.

Loath as I am to say anything remotely positive about Tamra but it's clear that when she talks about Meghans age she doesn't mean it as an insult and also good naturally takes her comments about the house being built before she was born.

Singling out Vicki and Shannon is bizarre to me considering Heather is 46, Tamra is 48, Vicki is 50, Shannon is 53. I mean, why don't the "younger" women go "hey Meghan WTF?"

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 1

The thing that bothered me about the "Bitter old woman" thing is that at age 30 Mehgan considers 53 to be old. Vicki is absolutely bitter. But she is far from old. And it isn't even about age shaming for me. It is the fact that it is not factual that bothers me the most. When I was 30 I considered 70 to be old. Now at 40, I still consider 70 to be old. I would have never called anyone in their 50's old when I was Mehgan's age and I guess it just bugs because she was so gleeful about it. Plus, I really don't like Mehgan. I find her disingenuous and insufferably obnoxious. She is trying way too hard and it bugs me.  

• Love 3

David just seems so out of it all the time. In his own little world. Even when he was hanging with the guys at the race track. Jim (Jim....Edmunds) was explaining different things about the racers and the track, and David just kept saying, "Yea....yea". Like he was totally disinterested, not paying attention, woken from a nap. He's not just like that with Shannon. Is he on drugs? Or just constantly thinking about something else?

I used to think he was attractive, but his eyes always seem glazed over now. He'd play a great 'psycho husband' in the Lifetime movie of the week. There's just something cold and unapproachable about him. Maybe he's just that way on camera.

• Love 5

I can't wait to see Heather's house completed!  That's some real estate eye-candy  I found this baseball statistics webpage that reports that Jim Edmonds earned over 87 million in his career.  Of course, there are taxes, and agents, and managers, and ex-wives. Still, I bet they could afford whatever fairytale mean witch evil stepmother castle  errrr.....home they like. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=edmonji01

• Love 2
Jim, Jim Edmonds, was reading numbers off a tire in the pit, at the track. I know a little bit about tire sizes and grades. I also know a little bit about NASCAR. I have no idea what the 4 numbers he read off meant. It didn't sound like he, Jim Edmonds, knew either. I can't rag on David for his "yeah" in that situation. Lol

This is true. Nascar would probably put me in a coma. But he does it a lot! I've noticed it several other times as well. And he just always seems to have this vacant look in his eyes. Constantly dreaming about a baked potato?

• Love 5

I see this too -- that David just seems totally emotionally disconnected.  I wonder if he's on the spectrum/ has Asperger's? 

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to include Vicki telling the waiter about her mom dying on my list of things that got on my nerves!  My MiL is also a raging narcissist, and Vicki reminded me of her when she did that.  Many years ago my brother in law was killed in an accident at the age of 35.  While I don't expect her to ever get over losing him by any means, she has actually chosen to wallow in it as a schtick, uses it as her excuse for all of her bad behavior, and has turned it into the thing she brings up to strangers in order to stir up sympathy and pity.  Whenever we are with her in a restaurant, or a store, she always introduces my husband to the server or the cashier as "this is my living son".  I guess because she thinks that's less obvious than saying "ask me about my dead son".  I always feel so bad for the poor stranger that has to maneuver their way through that awkward exchange, as I watch her preen and nod in agreement that her suffering is greater than anyone else's suffering has ever been or ever will be. 

I understand loss, I've had plenty, and I know that when you lose someone unexpectedly and suddenly, you go through a period where being out in public around strangers going on with their lives is so surreal, like how can they possibly buy groceries or take their kids to soccer practice when my beloved ____________ just died???  But that period doesn't last for 6 weeks.  By then it is a pain you carry around inside, not out on your sleeve, and most people don't want to bring it up during random errands or nice dinner out and stir up those emotions.  But for people like Vicki, it's not about the pain of loss anymore, it's about being able to use that loss to get attention.  Narcissists voraciously eat and thrive on the pity of others.

Okay--this makes me feel much better because I, too, am appalled when someone brings up such a thing to a WAITER, for Christ's sake! Smh. I know that there are people who like to converse with the wait staff in a casual way; I am not one of them. In fact, one of my biggest pet peeves is when the wait person comes barking up when I, or my companions, are in the middle of a sentence. I don't want to talk to you, and if you are an accomplished server, you need to BARK very little; therefore, I REALLY don't understand when a crazy ape initiates a conversation with the wait staff.

But you've analyzed it perfectly: Vicki is a narcissistic, classless nitwit and will do anything for attention. Additionally, you are so right that it is rude and selfish to make a complete stranger uncomfortable by barking up with your personal ****. Lord.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 8

The dynamic between Shannon and David is so uncomfotable to watch. They play these passive aggressive games with each other. Shannon with her expectations and daily rehashing of the affair and David with his little jabs by taking her to a pub for her b-day dinner and making statements like "I saw that woman today..." in passing while Shannon freaks out. First of all, there is no birthday celebration that David could have planned that would have taken Shannon's mind off her obsession. If David showed up on a white steed ad whisked her a way to a castle, she would have found something wrong. And David, a bar, really? He just loves pushing her buttons. And Shannon, Jesus woman, you have been married long enough to stop expecting romance 24/7. If you want to go somewhere specific for your b-day, effing tell him. Some guys suck at planning that kind of thing

If last years birthday dinner was the one we saw where David booked them a hotel room and dinner...she bitched all through that too. Shannon bitches through everything. She is a spoiled brat. I don't even care anymore about her damaged marriage. If she wanted something specific she should have said so. She sat there while her daughters suggested they stay home and Shannon and David go to a romantic dinner, but she just stayed silent. So you get the pub. That's how life is Princess, if you wait for your boyfriend to read your mind because he "should know what you want if he loves you" like a fucking teenager you get fatty ribs and too many limes. Personally I think David let the girls pick the place since he didn't seem thrilled with it either.

• Love 14