Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

I wish I knew about the age limits on music appreciation.  I guess this means I have to get rid of my Dean Martin and classical music cds.

I'm going to claim age and music to my benefit as I'm 50 and therefore believe that Justin Bieber or anything to do with top 40 pop music does not exist.

• Love 12

I've gotta lol at the fact that discussion of Meghan turns into this:

http://i.imgur.com/91sn32Qb.jpg

Also, is no one else going to mention the fact that Heather's stomach was being held together by some kind of surgical tape in the preview?

That GIF cracks me up! I didn't get a good loko at the previews b/c I was checking to see if another show had started, but I assumed that was Vicki "proving" that Brooks was doing chemo by showing the IV wound or his freshly-installed port.

All these comments about Meghan being ignorant and I just want to scream "Meghan, you ignorant slut"

I bet she's have no idea about which you were talking! :-D

• Love 4

Wasn't obvious to me.  The woman has 11 bathrooms in her house.  11 bathrooms!!  So she lied about having 2 more to make a joke?  Idk, it's funny & yet to me, living in Manhattan, where I got 2 square feet of space that I pay whatever dough I earn for living in, it ain't all that funny to me.  

Er, can Shannon be funny?  Really?  Wait, really?  Yeah, I guess she can be.  But man, she was just so weepy & whiny, with her woe-is-me pity party & her sour puss, I musta forgotten she can be funny.  Real easy to forget that.  I guess she was drinking when she did that TH.

To me, she can be funny. To others, she may not be and that's okay. I laughed at the comment about the bathrooms. I don't think it was intended to be read into.

If Vicki calls out Meghan on her trophy wife marriage next week like the previews suggest, then I forgive Vicki for everything

I laughed heartily at the comment Vicki made about Jim having a new wife in 5 years. You're not that special, Meghan.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 14

David is an asshole. He's a damn millionaire. Fly your wife on a private jet to Paris for a birthday dinner and night in a fancy hotel. David is showing Shannon just how little he cares for her feelings. I personally find nothing wrong with Shannon showing her true feelings in front of her daughters -- no need to teach them to have a stiff upper lip and all. Some things hurt too much to hide.

You know, I feel like Satan Andy is shoving at us his version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" with these 2 fuckin' horrible characters.  You're so right to point out this piece of fuck is a millionaire & this was an absolutely cruddy (and cheap as hell) way for a millionaire to celebrate his wife's birthday.  I thought maybe he took her there cuz of the kids, but no, he musta luved how miserable she looked.  Ah, but she got him back with her TH's, telling us how he banged his girlfriend right after he banged her on her last birthday.  Sheesh, the way these 2 jab at each other -- YIKES!  Honestly, I don't like either one of these 2.  It'll be a miracle if those kids come outta this war-zone/hell-hole of a marriage as decent human beings.

• Love 9
Wasn't obvious to me.  The woman has 11 bathrooms in her house.  11 bathrooms!!  So she lied about having 2 more to make a joke?  Idk, it's funny & yet to me, living in Manhattan, where I got 2 square feet of space that I pay whatever dough I earn for living in, it ain't all that funny to me. 

Er, can Shannon be funny?  Really?  Wait, really?  Yeah, I guess she can be.  But man, she was just so weepy & whiny, with her woe-is-me pity party & her sour puss, I musta forgotten she can be funny.  Real easy to forget that.  I guess she was drinking when she did that TH.

To me, she can be funny. To others, she may not be and that's okay. I laughed at the comment about the bathrooms. I don't think it was intended to be read into.

I think the bathrooms comment was more a commentary on Heather and her oneupsmanship than about the actual number of bathrooms in either her or Heather's house. Think about all the Heather /Terry conversations where they mentioned that they will have the biggest, largest or grandest whatever than anyone they know. Does anyone think that Heather seriously thinks she needs 14 bathrooms? But I do think that she researched what the largest number of bathrooms a house in the OC contained and made sure that she added one more. For sure. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 13

I'm still SMH at Ryan renting a $3500 house. Even if he COULD afford that payment why wouldn't you BUY a modest home for your family instead if pissing it away in rent? Uggggh

Did they say the house was in the OC ? Wonder if this is the address the popo were called to for Ryan's domestic violence allegation or if they've moved on already.....

I suspect it was a short term rental during OC filming, so they could live locally in the hopes Tamballs can secure them a spinoff......

• Love 7

You know, I feel like Satan Andy is shoving at us his version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" with these 2 fuckin' horrible characters.  You're so right to point out this piece of fuck is a millionaire & this was an absolutely cruddy (and cheap as hell) way for a millionaire to celebrate his wife's birthday.  I thought maybe he took her there cuz of the kids, but no, he musta luved how miserable she looked.  Ah, but she got him back with her TH's, telling us how he banged his girlfriend right after he banged her on her last birthday.  Sheesh, the way these 2 jab at each other -- YIKES!  Honestly, I don't like either one of these 2.  It'll be a miracle if those kids come outta this war-zone/hell-hole of a marriage as decent human beings.

That is the perfect comparative couple!

I bet there was no nookie on birthday #51!

I wonder if he gave her a really amazing birthday gift (off camera), diamonds, rubies something OTT, guilt has a way of making you give ridiculously expensive gifts.   

Shannon has to realize she should only ask questions to which she truly wants to know the answers such as the intimate details of the affair.  It serves no purpose but to hurt her.  Now we know just how douchy David can be, he probably was intimate with Shannon out of duty and so she would be less suspicious of him leaving the house afterwards.

• Love 6

I was seething with anger over her reaction to her birthday dinner.  Your husband and children try to have a nice birthday outing for you and all you can do is criticize the meal and tear up because he didn't do more?!  Damn woman!!!  I guess she wanted a trip to Paris with dinner at a fancy French bistro or something.  You're at dinner with your family complete with a birthday cake!  Cherish this moment because you might not have many more.  She keeps saying that her kids have been through so much, but much of the shit they have been through has been because she puts them through it.  She's making me really dislike her right now.

And of course we see that Shannon's doctors couldn't even save LeeAnn.  I do think people mean well but if someone followed the advice of every person who gave it there wouldn't be enough time in the day to follow all of those "remedies". 

I'm thinking that David probably has taken his side piece to every nice restaurant in OC and Shannon made him give her a list so that they don't go to any of them anymore ever so the playing field has been reduced immensely! 

Vicki said that she hasn't been to Brook's doctor appointments but she has been to a couple of his chemo sessions.  That's what she said tonight also.  She never lied about that.

All of this!

I totally thought the same thing about the restaurant David took Shannon and their kids to for her birthday dinner. I was thinking "bitch, you made him list every restaurant he took her to, you're lucky he didn't take you to McDonalds" (not that there's anything wrong with McDonalds for us normal folk, you know, the ones with 2 or 3 bathrooms or, heaven forbid, 1 bathroom like I have). Sometimes I like Shannon but when she's in her Woe-Is-Me mode, especially when she goes out of her way to emasculate David in front of the kids, I kinda don't blame David for his side-piece. (sorry, I'm not excusing his affair but come on Shannon, stop treating him like he's your son instead of your husband)

And while I'm no fan of Brooks at all, Malicious Megan needs to shut her stupid mouth already. Everyone's cancer is different and requires different treatment. My Mom had breast cancer, she had radiation and no chemo and while I took her to every one of her treatments I didn't go to every single doctor appointment with her, sometimes she wanted to see the doctor alone and I respected her choice.

And the age thing? I'm nearly the same age as Vicki, 30 isn't 20 Meg, you're going to be in your 50's before you know it and at the rate you're going, you and your scrawny body are going to look hideous, ugly on the inside eventually shows on the outside. I don't know if it's the editing or what but I've never heard someone mention their age as much as she does, it's like she's baiting the rest of the women constantly. Wonder how she's going to feel when Jimmy what's his name trades her in for a younger model.

• Love 3

I think the bathrooms comment was more a commentary on Heather and her oneupsmanship than about the actual number of bathrooms in either her or Heather's house. Think about all the Heather /Terry conversations where they mentioned that they will have the biggest, largest or grandest whatever than anyone they know. Does anyone think that Heather seriously thinks she needs 14 bathrooms? But I do think that she researched what the largest number of bathrooms a house in the OC contained and made sure that she added one more. For sure. 

One thing I'll give Shannon, she's not random.  When she isn't whining & weepy, she can be quite sensible.  Yeah, she was poking at the notion of 14 bathrooms & that it was clearly for no other purpose other than bragging.  Now, while 11 bathrooms seems like a hella lotta bathrooms to me for any private residence to have, I bet there are specific & valid design reasons for Shannon's house to have 11 (or 13) bathrooms.  

Miss Terry OTOH just wants to brag about having 14 bathrooms in his bed-and-breakfast inn -- and that's about it.  And Heather sure is mentioning it enough, ain't she?  

Why stop at 14, Miss Terry?  Why not 200 "toilet rooms"?  Btw, ick, yuck & feh at calling 'em that.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Shannon is an interesting contrast to the other women in regards to when she's most likable vs when she isn't most likable.

To me, tamra is more likable in her day to day life..Vicki and heather are funny in their day to day life intentionally and unintentionally...Meghan is just horrible in both. ..but shannon is at her funniest and quirkiest when she's with the other women and most unlikable when she's eith her husband and family. I'm sure the producers filmed her having fun with her daughters. ..and I wish they'd show at least one scene of that to give us a change to understand why she isn't divorcing her husband, etc. When her 10 and 13 year old are saying she isn't happy, she needs to take that to heart.

• Love 10

I'd love to know more deets on rat-face Ryan & the baby mama.  Didn't she say both of her parents died & they owned a gun store with major contracts with local police in the Northern CA area?  So where does that leave her?  Very confused about her situation.  Does she manage the store or own it?  OK,  I get that Tams makes a shit-ton of money from Bravo now, but that's not gonna last forever.  Is she actually agreeing to fully support rat-face Ryan -- when he's almost 30 years old?  WTF???  Has rat-face Ryan married this woman yet?  Why?

I just can't wrap my head around this situation.  So rat-face Ryan is 30.  He doesn't seem to work.  He lives with & now has a baby with this woman who has 3 other kids, and they just moved away from her only form of income -- and now they're mostly, maybe even fully, dependant financially on Tams?  Maybe Sara still earns something from the gun store, if she actually owns it?  Eh, Ryan is a slimy lazy creep.  Why would Sara get involved with him?  Maybe she wanted to be on the show or she thought Tams would be good to sponge off of too?  But if she's got that money-making gun store, why would she need slimy Ryan or Tams & her Bravo dough?  And now he's beatin' her up too?  I don't get any of this.  I'm totally baffled.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10
Why stop at 14, Miss Terry?  Why not 200 "toilet rooms"?

OMG, I want them to build a house with 200 toilet rooms now. Then they can say they have the shittiest house in the OC. 

To me, tamra is more likable in her day to day life..Vicki and heather are funny in their day to day life intentionally and unintentionally...Meghan is just horrible in both. ..but shannon is at her funniest and quirkiest when she's with the other women and most unlikable when she's eith her husband and family. I'm sure the producers filmed her having fun with her daughters. ..and I wish they'd show at least one scene of that to give us a change to understand why she isn't divorcing her husband, etc. When her 10 and 13 year old are saying she isn't happy, she needs to take that to heart.

Absolutely. When Shannon is with the other hos, she is relaxed and  funny. When she is with David and the kids, she is a ball of nerves, and looked sad and depressed. No more David Shannon dinners please. 

• Love 11

Re: Vicki's tagline...I can't tell if y'all are just making fun of it (which is hilarious!), but OG stands for Original Gangster. Cuz, Vicki is hip!

I noticed when Jim said his name, he'd pause slightly before he said Edmonds. It was weird.

Other than that, I've got nothing to add, but am cracking up at the posts! Carry on!

• Love 3

I'd trade a whole bunch of treasures for ONE toilet that flushed properly, or ONE shower that put out more than a few measly drips (or ONE plumber to fix my woes, cheaply!!!  Next up: an electrician to bring a working light to my one semi-working bathroom...).  ;-)

Now that I've established my abject poverty, I can still say I would take great issue with the noisy, TV screened sports bar as a venue for a special birthday dinner with prepubescent kids.  (Unless they are airing the Olympic Gold medal hockey games or curling matches - then, I am ALL IN!).  Inappropriate and disappointing.   But butter wouldn't melt in my mouth in front of the kids - grownup shit should stay with the grownups.

I would also take issue with anyone casting aspersions upon another's cancer.  That is just vile, in my book.

• Love 8

Not being a Christian I understand Vicki's wanting to thank Jesus for Brooks' health but her comment about Meghan not understanding the power of prayer because she may not be a Christian kinda pissed me off.  So narrow minded of Vicki but why am I surprised?  I have seen a lot of people hit their knees while bedside of their very sick loved ones, my guess is that they were all sorts of different religions, does it make their prayers less heard or less valid Vicki? 

Heather should have had her party under the portacocheir (sp?).  I liked the elegant table set in the unfinished space but I wonder how much drywall dust was in the food and champs lol! 

Ok, so Tamara paid the security deposit and first month's rent for Ryan and family to move back to the OC, I wonder if she realized that she just threw $7000 away.  How on earth will they afford $3500/month plus health insurance, food, gas, clothing, etc...Maybe Tamra will not enjoy the success of the real estate business based on her showing properties too pricey for her clientele.

Moreover, you don't get to scream at me about how I'm clearly not a Christian. That's hella unChristlike.  hate VIcki and her screeching and I'm glad Meghan called her a bitter old lady because she IS. She's bitter, and she's holding onto whatever dregs of youth she can possible find.

I

I need to say something that will reflect not only on Meghan but on the majority of our 'under 30' population. Meghan is representative of the age involved in nothing other than pop culture, fashion and smartphones. They don't find anything beneficial about learning history whether it's world history or pop culture history. She's not that young that she shouldn't know who Richie Sambora, Tommy Lee or Heather Locklear is. That's not an issue since many people don't know who they are. The issue is that she just doesn't care that she doesn't know and appears ignorant. But people like Meghan don't even know when they look ignorant. It's like an entire generation of human apathy has sprung up since the 90's.

When I was growing up, I knew who Charles Chaplin and Gloria Swanson were even though they were 'old people' or even dead people, I felt that being aware of people in history that made contributions to music, art and literature was important because these people changed the arts for the generations that were to follow. Meghan doesn't care about anyone or anything that happened before the year 2000. Has she ever read a book by Hemingway, Faulkner or even Stephen King? The lack of interest in history and the people that either changed or made history just astounds me.

As someone who's under 30 for one more month, I am absolutely astounded you would say such a thing about a person starring on RHOC like ANY OF THEM have read Faulkner, Hemingway, or anything except the latest US Weekly.  It's not an age thing. It's an intellectually curious thing, that almost all the people on this show lack.

• Love 18

I said it before, but Shannon canNOT look to David or anyone for joy. She has to find her bliss on her own. She is fifty and her children are only half-grown. What did she do for thirty some years before she had kids? Does she have any interests, passions or activities not David or child related? God, take up golf or bridge or painting or learning to cook. Seek the flaw in yourself and stop drinking so much much!

It would be so much more beneficial to her. These women, who don't own a book, or even seem to go to the movies... they are just so sad to me.

• Love 9

I loved Heather's construction lunch. To me the house is so over the top and yet so Heather.  Then when they showed us the dining table, I was like "Damn, Heather's got some bank".  

Someone said they didn't like how Heather was telling people to "keep up with the tour" as if they were touring the White House.  That's exactly what Heather was doing, when she was saying "we're walking, we're walking", that was from the movie Dave.  Hysterical.

Shannon oh Shannon, when you ask for extra limes, you get extra limes.  Don't tell the server that you don't feeling like squeezing a full time into your drink.  I heard you say it.   Just let David go to his side piece.  You both will be happier and eventually, your children will too.  

• Love 8
What did she do for thirty some years before she had kids? Does she have any interests, passions or activities not David or child related?

Was there a little blip of a mention by Shannon of her first marriage?

• Love 3

Moreover, you don't get to scream at me about how I'm clearly not a Christian. That's hella unChristlike.  hate VIcki and her screeching and I'm glad Meghan called her a bitter old lady because she IS. She's bitter, and she's holding onto whatever dregs of youth she can possible find.

Take a look at Heather's mug in that scene.  She says nothing, but she shoots an extremely uncomfortable look.  Maybe because she's Jewish & Vicks' comments (as usual) are extremely narrow-minded & reflect her bigotry & prejudice, which has popped out several times during the run of the show.  Oh, Vicks is a pretty despicable character in many ways.  Her bigotry is merely one.  I agree she deserved to be called out in that moment.  But I have an issue with Meghan calling her "old".  There are tons of other names she could have called Vicks.  Meghan (despite her cockily thinking otherwise of herself) is just not very bright & she's extremely nasty.  I'm also getting that she's extremely immature for her age, despite her constantly claiming otherwise.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I can't believe I am about to justify Shannon and David having 13 bathrooms....but I am....(NOTE:  I am not justifying their house....but for their house, the number of bathrooms make sense).  

I just looked at the floor plan.....and I am one powder room short (the stats say 8 full baths and 5 partials, I can't find the 5th partial - maybe by the pool?).

On the main level, there is a bedroom with its own bath, a powder room off the craft room, and a powder room off the foyer.  

On the lower level, where the theater, the basketball court, the fitness room, and the maid's room are, there is a powder room off the theater, a full bath in the maid's room, and a full bath off the fitness room. 

On the upper level, there is a bonus room with a powder room, the master bedroom with its own bath, and three bedrooms, each with their own bath.

Finally - the guest house has a bedroom with a bathroom.  

So....again....not to justify the house itself, but, for the functionality of the house, the bathroom count makes sense.....LOL

(Edited because I do understand the difference between it's and its.....and also because the guest room doesn't have a bedroom, the guest HOUSE has a bedroom).

Edited by doublek61
  • Love 5
Moreover, you don't get to scream at me about how I'm clearly not a Christian. That's hella unChristlike.  hate VIcki and her screeching and I'm glad Meghan called her a bitter old lady because she IS. She's bitter, and she's holding onto whatever dregs of youth she can possible find.

I agree, Watermelon, and what's the Big Deal with someone who's thirty.  THIRTY, for Pete's sake (I am not a Christian).  Do they have to mention that age on every show?  In five years someone thirty is eligible to be our president.  Tamra is old enough to be her mother...is SHE the model of intelligence, culture, world knowledge and behavior?

But I have an issue with Meghan calling her "old".

If someone (Vicki) were almost 15 years older than I and she continued to rag on and on and on about my "young" age...I think calling her old is a great comeback.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6
You know, I feel like Satan Andy is shoving at us his version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" with these 2 fuckin' horrible characters.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. I definitely get that vibe. I feel like, when the cameras are gone and the alcohol's flowing, it gets much worse. Remember when David took Shannon behind the closed door to speak to her? At the time I didn't think much of it, he just wanted privacy. But the more that I watch him, and the more Shannon reveals about the affair, the more cruel and intentional I find him to be. I bet those children have seen and heard worse than we have. 

Icky is a psycho.

Where did all of the Jesus stuff come from?

She was all talking about Saddleback, and I was thinking - I do not remember Vicki mentioning God, church, or faith a lot in the past decade. Now she's lifting her hands in the air and praising Jesus with the best of them. And then we have Tamra getting baptized. Did Alexis Bellino come over and brainwash the two of them? 

(And I say this as a Christian, myself. It's just that neither of them seems genuine about it. It's like the latest OC fad.)

• Love 13

Vicki comes really comes off a lunatic shrew when she does her screaming bits. And what is up with "take you down" as a threat, lol. So childish and classless. She needs to look in the mirror while she is in the midst of a fit, maybe then she would stop. She always looks worse to me than whoever she is going off on.

I would not be shocked if she dumped Crooks after finding out he was never sick. I know she won't talk about their split, but especially if the "psychic" turned out to be right lol. Wish it would leak, if that is what happened.

Shannon will NOT divorce David, because she has to make sure his entire life sucks. And he will continue to bait her in little ways as his only pleasure in life, Imo. Also who ever told him his hair looked good with some much grease in it? Really? I can't even get to his face because that hair just floors me. He might be quite handsome with loose-styled clean hair.

• Love 5
As much as I never thought I'd compliment Ramona (NYC), I thought she handled Mario's infidelity better than Shannon has handled David's infidelity.

Is there any other topic on the show that makes Shannon remotely worthwhile as a cast member?

As for her birthday celebration, there were probably many ideas presented by David (even European travel) that Shannon shot down. You know, her RHOC filming schedule...the travel that involves, etc.  Perhaps she has been given jewelry in the past and didn't like David's taste. She can never be silent on things like that.  I thought the dinner out was a last ditch effort...and just one more dismal disappointment in The Eyes of Shannon.  Get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E and get off the television!

• Love 4

Does anyone else think that David and Shannon's dynamic is essentially the same as it was pre-affair? My guess is that they have been practicing the passive aggressive, no communication dynamic for years. What we are seeing is only heightened because the affair gives them more ammo to fight or be stonily silent about. 

• Love 14

If someone (Vicki) were almost 15 years older than I and she continued to rag on and on and on about my "young" age...I think calling her old is a great comeback.

Maybe, but it seems almost too obvious & too mean for my taste.  And it reflects the immaturity of a teen (at least to me)  Anyway, has Vicks harped on Meghan's age -- at least obviously to the cams?  I thought Shannon was the one doing that, with her constant "Miss Thirty Old" comments, referring to Meghan.  I don't recall Vicks ever doing this, but please correct if I'm wrong about that.  Vicks seems to be throwing out a lot of judgey comments on Meghan's shitty beard marriage to asshole Jimmy.  Loving those.

Maybe, but it seems almost too obvious & too mean for my taste.

I can't cite examples, but I know Vicki has mentioned Meghan's age...and that last comment about Jim Edmonds' next wife was WAY below the belt.  Vicki is a shrew.  Why doesn't she throw her comments to Jimmy?  He's the one with all the marriages.

On the topic of believing "the psychic," that so incensed Miss Vicki.  Was it because it wasn't HER psychic?  The one who let her know how well things were going for her mother (in Heaven)?

• Love 7

Also, wonder if they got a stipend for the filming of their wedding. Didn't they marry?

I don't think the word Saddleback has come up yet in this thread. Vicki was throwing that term around like candy, since when is she Saddleback.

Isn't that the church that Alexis and Jim went to?  Now, all of a sudden, Vicki goes there, and Tamra's going to be baptized into the church?  I don't know much about it, but if a church is willing to take Tamra after seeing what kind of person she still is (no redemption or finding her way back to God, imo), I'm a little suspect.

Absolutely. When Shannon is with the other hos, she is relaxed and  funny. When she is with David and the kids, she is a ball of nerves, and looked sad and depressed. No more David Shannon dinners please. 

Let's bring back "vacation Shannon"....she really is a lot more fun!!

Maybe, but it seems almost too obvious & too mean for my taste.  And it reflects the immaturity of a teen (at least to me)  Anyway, has Vicks harped on Meghan's age -- at least obviously to the cams?  I thought Shannon was the one doing that, with her constant "Miss Thirty Old" comments, referring to Meghan.  I don't recall Vicks ever doing this, but please correct if I'm wrong about that.  Vicks seems to be throwing out a lot of judgey comments on Meghan's shitty beard marriage to asshole Jimmy.  Loving those.

She has done it as much as Shannon has; maybe more. She did it twice just last night. The first time whn talking to Tamra. She said something about her being very young, almost the same age as her son Michael, and therefore unqualified to know about anything. The second time she actually said it right to Meghan's face. She said she was a child, a baby, who didn't have the life experiences as the rest of them, so she should just keep her mouth shut. It was after that that Meghan called her an old lady. Fair enough in my book.

• Love 10
I just can't wrap my head around this situation.  So rat-face Ryan is 30.  He doesn't seem to work.  He lives with & now has a baby with this woman who has 3 other kids, and they just moved away from her only form of income -- and now they're mostly, maybe even fully, dependant financially on Tams?  Maybe Sara still earns something from the gun store, if she actually owns it?  Eh, Ryan is a slimy lazy creep.  Why would Sara get involved with him?  Maybe she wanted to be on the show or she thought Tams would be good to sponge off of too?  But if she's got that money-making gun store, why would she need slimy Ryan or Tams & her Bravo dough?  And now he's beatin' her up too?  I don't get any of this.  I'm totally baffled.

Ugh! I thought it was crazy for Tamra to help out her grown son in such a way.  When you break it down in this manner, it's even worse.  Ryan had no business making babies or playing father figure to 3 other little girls, if he cannot take care of them.  What is Sarah thinking?  If he wanted to move to SoCal, then he can move to SoCal when he can afford to do so.  That's what a responsible man would do.  Yeah, if I were Eddie, I would hit the roof. 

• Love 5

I can't cite examples, but I know Vicki has mentioned Meghan's age...and that last comment about Jim Edmonds' next wife was WAY below the belt.  Vicki is a shrew.  Why doesn't she throw her comments to Jimmy?  He's the one with all the marriages.

On the topic of believing "the psychic," that so incensed Miss Vicki.  Was it because it wasn't HER psychic?  The one who let her know how well things were going for her mother (in Heaven)?

No, I totally get your point.  Vicks is despicable & certainly a monster in her own way, but i just can't get behind anyone calling someone 53 "old".  No likey.  Anyone else agree?  Still sounds to me like something a silly teen would say.  Meghan never comes off (to me) as anything other than an unsophisticated hick -- in her manner, her behavior, her style, her looks & the way she speaks.  Hate to say this cuz it sounds snobbish.  But she's so ridiculously arrogant.  She's also quite deluded.

One thing I'm also puzzled by.  Why isn't Vicks focusing much (or any) anger toward Tams?  She's the one who brought the psychic around.  She expressed just as many suspicious accusations about whether Brooks has cancer.  What gives?  Why is she focusing all of her anger on Meghan & NONE toward Tams?  WTF?

• Love 6

Does Rapey eyed Ryan even have a job? He sure seemed ungrateful having just been told by his mother that she was pitching in $7,000 for his new digs. Spoiled brat.  

I don't know of too many openings for expert towel roller, and the local zoos already have a leech exhibit.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 7

I was braced for the retching sounds, but they didn't happen.  I guess Vicki's motion sickness is situational and occurs only when she's not the center of attention.

I certainly noticed this.  I get motion sickness so easily and I wondered why Tricki Vicki wasn't getting sick nor was she sitting with her body facing the front.  She is so full of shit.

• Love 9

Are you sure you didn't mean the subterranean fat? LOL.

Does Meagan have a FUPA?

Isn't that the church that Alexis and Jim went to?  Now, all of a sudden, Vicki goes there, and Tamra's going to be baptized into the church?  I don't know much about it, but if a church is willing to take Tamra after seeing what kind of person she still is (no redemption or finding her way back to God, imo), I'm a little suspect.

Yeah. David is out of the picture.

Get a hint Shannon!

• Love 1

Moreover, you don't get to scream at me about how I'm clearly not a Christian. That's hella unChristlike.

So is having multiple affairs while married, purposefully getting drunk at most social events, continual displays of anger, screaming at people and then having no remorse, treating new people in your group with contempt, humiliating people if their conversations bore you, believing in psychics and especially those who make you feel good, believing in astrology and bragging about all the wonderful ways your hired astrologist described you, living with a man you're not married to, childishly craving constant attention, making your daughter's serious illness all about you.   Since she obviously doesn't read it, Vicki should at least borrow and skim Tamra's book about the Bible.

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 16

I think that Tamra, just like so many other moms, has a definite blind spot when it comes to her son.  She is an enabler, by allowing him to not stand on his own two feet, and work and save for things.  Ryan is a lazy, entitled-thinking human being.  I don't think we've seen him keep or hold a job for more than a season on RHOC.  He even had a good job basically handed to him when Simon was working at the Mercedes-Benz dealership that was too demanding on him, because he actually had to get up and go to work everyday, and that was too tough for him.  Tamra will always make excuses for Ryan because he is her son.  She doesn't see that the more excuses she makes for him and the more she gives, the more he expects and wants, with no gratitude or payback anywhere.

This is exactly what I think the problem is with Eddie. I don't think he would mind so much that Tamra was helping Ryan if he deserved it. If he had a job, worked his ass off, was a good person, a good son and now a good father. He is NONE of those things, therefore why the hell should he get any help with anything? Eddie sees what a lazy bastard Ryan is. If I was in a relationship where my spouse bent over backwards over his grown adult son because of all the years he wasn't there for him and now wants to make up for it, I would have a huge problem with it.  It was a problem with Simon and it was a problem with Eddie last year when Ryan didn't do crap at the gym. The resentment is only going to get worse. 

IIRC, the phone conversation she had with Ryan, Tamra said that she would PAY the deposit, not loan him the money for the deposit.  I wonder who is signing the lease? Don't landlords run credit checks on potential renters/lessors to make sure they have sufficient funds and steady employment to support the rent payments?  

I'm a property manager and yes, we run credit, background and employment checks on everyone. I can only surmise that Tams co-signed on the lease and her credit was used to approve the application. Won't it be a surprise for her when these two grifters move out and skip out on the lease and she is left holding the bag for the remainder of the lease at $3,500 a month! 

• Love 6

This is exactly what I think the problem is with Eddie. I don't think he would mind so much that Tamra was helping Ryan if he deserved it. If he had a job, worked his ass off, was a good person, a good son and now a good father. He is NONE of those things, therefore why the hell should he get any help with anything? Eddie sees what a lazy bastard Ryan is. If I was in a relationship where my spouse bent over backwards over his grown adult son because of all the years he wasn't there for him and now wants to make up for it, I would have a huge problem with it.  It was a problem with Simon and it was a problem with Eddie last year when Ryan didn't do crap at the gym. The resentment is only going to get worse. 

I'm a property manager and yes, we run credit, background and employment checks on everyone. I can only surmise that Tams co-signed on the lease and her credit was used to approve the application. Won't it be a surprise for her when these two grifters move out and skip out on the lease and she is left holding the bag for the remainder of the lease at $3,500 a month! 

It would serve her right, and I hope it happens.

• Love 1

Unless David is either crazy, maliciously vindictive or wanted to wound the marriage beyond healing,

You just nailed it.  Yep, he's crazy - who wouldn't be after living with such a ball-busting, hypercritical Debbie Downer for so many years?  I don't believe that he's maliciously vindictive by nature, but maybe has become that way thanks to years of resentment.  I believe 100%, though, that he wanted to wound the marriage beyond healing, took a "go big or go home" approach, and probably crapped his pants upon learning that she wanted to "work on it".  I'm sure he knew that from that moment on, he was in for an even more miserable lifetime full of what she considers valid criticism/guilting/torture. 

SHE is the one putting the final nails in their coffin.  A relationship can survive an affair if there is genuine forgiveness and an honest effort to move forward.  She's nowhere near that point and not only do I think she ever will be, I also don't think she has any clue that you can't have it both ways.   Happiness cannot coexist with eternal punishment.  To be honest, I don't think she'd be willing to give up her self-righteous "you wronged me" position (of perceived power) and all of the misery she feels entitled to inflict upon him as a result of the pain he has caused her.   She knows damn well that his betrayal is something she intends to keep in her back pocket and whip out whenever he's done something she's not happy with. 

Take your pick, chick.  Do you want happiness for your family, or do you want to live out your days as a woman scorned, hell-bent on retribution at the cost of your childrens' quality of life and sanity?

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8

I hate defending anyone here,Ptooey Ptooey Ptooey.  Vicki has been a practicing Christian since day 1, possibly even a Saddleback girl since day 1. I anticipated this show before it ever aired(people my age featured on a tv show? Not popular. I was damn excited to see women over 40 on tv and somewhat glammed up), and voraciously consumed any press coverage about it. Vicki was very religious, but they didn't focus on it much more than her wanting her daughter to stay pure at prom. I'm guessing the other stuff they ended up focusing on was reality gold.

• Love 3

Wonder if Shannon is gonna eventually out the other woman.  She sure seems to be leading up to it.  Seriously, doesn't she realize her girls are gonna see this shit with her saying David banged his girlfriend right after he banged her?  And even if she can manage to keep the girls away from seeing this horrible stuff, it's gonna get back to them.  Kids are mercilessly cruel to each other & they're all scarily well-informed -- now more than ever.  So Shannon is more obsessed with ripping his balls off & getting back at David than for how her actions/behavior/comments will affect her children?  Nice.  Volumes spoken about Shannon, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Hmmmm.....could it be there's SO MUCH MORE drink available to Vacation Shannon?  So much more...and no judgmental children.

Vicks is despicable & certainly a monster in her own way, but i just can't get behind anyone calling someone 53 "old"

I didn't get the impression that Meghan thinks 53 is old.  I'm in the camp that thinks she's "talking back" to a certain OG who continually bitches about Meghan's age as so young, so very very young.  Vicki is old--53 is not.  There is a difference in my book...available soon on Amazon.

• Love 9

One thing I can't snark on Eds about -- he doesn't seem lazy.  Actually, he's seems extremely responsible.  And he doesn't seem like a freeloader -- at all.  He seems to be totally managing Tams' gym, not just working there.  I'd say he's the total opposite of rat-face Ryan.  Tams is doing Ryan no favors.  A 30 year old with a child & a fiance with 3 kids should be out working & trying to support his financial responsibilities himself.  I smell more trouble coming from Ryan.  Not exactly difficult to predict.

• Love 10