Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

Shannon's house certainly isn't the worse I've seen - that would be Eileen Davidson's.   I think the Beador house looks old money, or even what you may see in the British royal family.  Subdued, not flashy, tastefully bland, understated.

I vote for Adrianne Maloof's house being the worst decorated , the only thing I liked was her wedding dress mausoleum. When she and Paul had it up for sale there were pictures of all the rooms. I didn't mind Eileens home.

• Love 2

I haven't really watched much all season, but I'm watching some reruns now.  Do not like Meghan at all.  Oh, I didn't say that he didn't have cancer, just that the psychic said it.  Yeah with your body and facial gestures basically saying see, I knew it, he does not have cancer.  And just because your ex's first wife cannot do chemo (she said it caused internal bleeding) doesn't mean that everyone else who has cancer must do chemo. Plus, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.  Brooks is an adult and if he wants to mainline crushed up Cap'n Crunch and he thinks that is his best treatment, then that is his right.  Maybe his family or Vicki could then ask why or is that a good reason, but not some wannabe reality villain.  

Why would anyone marry Jim Edmonds?  He's right up there in creepiness with the other Jim, except I think Edmonds has money.  Anyone taking bets on how long this marriage lasts before he moves onto #4? He's so not into Meghan. There's the flip side of the coin, why did he marry Meghan?  Neither are a prize I'd want.

Shannon really needs a stickectomy, to pull that lodged stick out of her ass.  Sadly, I kind of get why David cheated (not that it's right, but I get it).  Can you imagine being with that joyless woman with all of her quirks 24/7?  They so need to just divorce already.  The pearl clutching about the the twins tp'ing the house was really a bit much.  Used to be if you got your house tp'd, girl by boy or vice versa, that was their way of saying we like you.  Nothing was damaged I am guessing, just some clean up.  

• Love 1

Shannon's house certainly isn't the worse I've seen - that would be Eileen Davidson's.   I think the Beador house looks old money, or even what you may see in the British royal family.  Subdued, not flashy, tastefully bland, understated.

I have loved the "old lady décor" since I was a child of the 50s.  Old people were kind and tolerant and graciously giving to this damaged child, and i will always defend their eclectic choices.  I LURVE the "old lady" look - always have, always will. True décor pays no attention to trends or fashion; it outlasts everything that has no meaning, no soul and no history.

• Love 7

I have loved the "old lady décor" since I was a child of the 50s. Old people were kind and tolerant and graciously giving to this damaged child, and i will always defend their eclectic choices. I LURVE the "old lady" look - always have, always will. True décor pays no attention to trends or fashion; it outlasts everything that has no meaning, no soul and no history.

I know. I remember your posts in the BH thread. I just feel like Eileen's house would make me claustrophobic, followed by a fatal asthma attack. The house is covered every inch in mismatched knick knacks that even two full time maids wouldn't have time to dust. I'm kind of a minimalist, but I also like laid back comfort. I prefer Kyle's house. I would loooove to have as many happy family dogs as she does.

• Love 3

I know. I remember your posts in the BH thread. I just feel like Eileen's house would make me claustrophobic, followed by a fatal asthma attack. The house is covered every inch in mismatched knick knacks that even two full time maids wouldn't have time to dust. I'm kind of a minimalist, but I also like laid back comfort. I prefer Kyle's house. I would loooove to have as many happy family dogs as she does.

Hey - looong memory, eh!  :-)

I accept the clean modern line aesthetic that is all the rage of today (as it was when I was growing up); I just don't think it's cool to denigrate someone else's design aesthetic with a simpering "old lady look" euphemism.  My animals do just fine with my dust-catchy old relics, and I can name the history and story behind everything fucking cool thing I own - none of which involves "Pier One" or "designer".

PS - perhaps your claustrophobic tendencies would be tempered by the nightly raccoon baby visits I am now enjoying for the umpteenth year.  Those gentle little roly-poly fuckers eating hot-dog bits from your hands might just cure your antithapy for old lady sensibilities!  :-D

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

Can someone clear something up for me? I am watching the newest episode and Shannon says that David told her that last year on her birthday he was intimate with her and then he left and saw the mistress. For some reason, I thought that Shannon said that last year David was intimate with the mistress after being intimate with her. But, that isn't what she said in this episode. Is that another BRAVO editing trick, or did I mishear it the first time?

• Love 1

If Shannon and David divorce (and I hope they do) then Shannon will still never be a happy person. David could be.

They are very wealthy in each of their own right - and can hire the best attorneys.

Shannon is too stupid to realize what she is doing to her kids. I imagine David is understanding his role in this situation and may come to the conclusion it is unhealthy for the whole family. And could find happiness in a marriage again if he chooses to do so.

I've never even seen any spark or fun between the two of them.

Can someone clear something up for me? I am watching the newest episode and Shannon says that David told her that last year on her birthday he was intimate with her and then he left and saw the mistress. For some reason, I thought that Shannon said that last year David was intimate with the mistress after being intimate with her. But, that isn't what she said in this episode. Is that another BRAVO editing trick, or did I mishear it the first time?

I heard it too and wondered the same thing.

It was the same quote both episodes she said he was intimate with her and then left to be with his mistress. It wasn't when he left the house for two weeks and people just assumed (most likely correctly) that he didn't just leave for a few hours to talk/hold hands with his mistress.

You know what annoyed me most about Shannon this episode? When her kids were doing the painting, she got annoyed at Stella for saying that she wasn't fun, or wasn't fun regarding TPing, some statement like that.  She called Stella a grudge holder.  Then when her twins held up their painting, she praised Adeline's and said Stella's was just ok.  It made me think that I could definitely tell who the grudge holder was, and it sure wasn't Stella.

• Love 3

David had to have chosen that restaurant as a passive-aggressive FU. I don't even know Shannon and I'd have known she wouldn't like it. But would it kill her to pretend to be grateful and happy in front of the kids? That was so sad hearing Stella tell her mom she was tired of seeing her teary eyes and how she could feel the tension between her and David. She is so unhappy and it's negatively affecting her children... so there goes the reason that people use about staying together for the kids. It's such an unhealthy situation they're living in. Why won't she leave?? I just don't get it.

I don't like how he sneakily tries to pull the kids to his side with his "I'm in trouble again, oh gee I did such-and-such wrong, mom's mad at me" kind of thing. He's done it a few times now. Shannon sees right through it, but the kids don't. They don't need the added burden of choosing sides, even (especially) if it's subconsciously placed in their little heads. I don't like that.

I'm curious about whether him telling Shannon the intimate-then-saw-gf story was him being mean during a fight or him confessing and putting it all out there at her request. I just get the feeling that he's got a really mean side simmering beneath the surface.

Tense and sad moments that children have to witness and feel while a marriage is fighting to survive isn't the end of the world and God forbid children get an idea about how hard life can actually be before becoming adults. I don't get this theory that we have to keep our childrens childhood bubblegum, rainbow, unicorn magical at all costs because thats what they deserve, Oh my God it's unhealthy. It's not preferable but we can't shield children from everything and just because we can doesn't mean we always HAVE to.  I mean come on. It's not some injustice for children to go through trying times as a family unit while they are still young. That's why it's called a family. It's not Mom, Dad and the kids and then the Husband and Wife hour. Husband, wife, mom, dad, kids parents all falls under the umbrella of family. I applaud people who fight for their marriage and their families and don't just throw in the towel because they are having a rocky road that yes may last a year or so. But umpteen years of family history, love, priceless memories shouldn't just get tossed aside because it's too hard to move passed a very rough patch. So they get divorced and what? Why do people think that there's always some much better scenario out there as a broken family? My sons father and I split two years now and boy oh boy. I would pick compromising, fighting harder, and settling on some details in a heartbeat vs. the life me AND him are struggling through separately all the while my son goes through a waaaayyyyyy bigger rollercoaster of emotions than he EVER did while we were together. Just because there are serious problems in a relationship doesn't mean that throwing it away is the best decision. Shannon and David are very early in their attempt to save their marriage so I don't expect perfect behavior from either one of them. I expect trial and error and lingering hurt, pain, resentment. Ill timed reactions, knee jerk reactions, childish reactions, HUMAN reactions. Their children have to go along with the journey as well. It's unfortunate but that's their reality and that's their family. Like it or not and I tell ya if David and Shannon do manage to work through this and get their marriage back on track and create another bunch of years of happy memories to share with their children then it's worth these cringe worthy moments because it reapes better things.

• Love 4

Eh, everyone else knew about the affair before Shannon.  I have no doubt other kids knew before Shannon just by overhearing their parents talk about it, so then even before the Beador kids knew.  I have always heard that if kids aren't told the truth they make up something even worse in their mind, like they are at fault for their parents problems.  It's not exactly the best that it's on tv, however it's their life as it is.  In some ways Shannon gets that platform to tell her side that others wouldn't normally have, unless they wanted to alienate their friends and family with talking non stop about it.  Instead of all these rumors flying around and the kids having to hide, they have the freedom to address it.  It's a lot better than the alternative to keep a family secret despite everyone else knowing and gossiping about it, imo.

• Love 2

Tense and sad moments that children have to witness and feel while a marriage is fighting to survive isn't the end of the world and God forbid children get an idea about how hard life can actually be before becoming adults. I don't get this theory that we have to keep our childrens childhood bubblegum, rainbow, unicorn magical at all costs because thats what they deserve, Oh my God it's unhealthy. It's not preferable but we can't shield children from everything and just because we can doesn't mean we always HAVE to.  I mean come on. It's not some injustice for children to go through trying times as a family unit while they are still young. That's why it's called a family. It's not Mom, Dad and the kids and then the Husband and Wife hour. Husband, wife, mom, dad, kids parents all falls under the umbrella of family. I applaud people who fight for their marriage and their families and don't just throw in the towel because they are having a rocky road that yes may last a year or so. But umpteen years of family history, love, priceless memories shouldn't just get tossed aside because it's too hard to move passed a very rough patch. So they get divorced and what? Why do people think that there's always some much better scenario out there as a broken family? My sons father and I split two years now and boy oh boy. I would pick compromising, fighting harder, and settling on some details in a heartbeat vs. the life me AND him are struggling through separately all the while my son goes through a waaaayyyyyy bigger rollercoaster of emotions than he EVER did while we were together. Just because there are serious problems in a relationship doesn't mean that throwing it away is the best decision. Shannon and David are very early in their attempt to save their marriage so I don't expect perfect behavior from either one of them. I expect trial and error and lingering hurt, pain, resentment. Ill timed reactions, knee jerk reactions, childish reactions, HUMAN reactions. Their children have to go along with the journey as well. It's unfortunate but that's their reality and that's their family. Like it or not and I tell ya if David and Shannon do manage to work through this and get their marriage back on track and create another bunch of years of happy memories to share with their children then it's worth these cringe worthy moments because it reapes better things.

While I agree that no one can or should shield children from everything that happens in the family I am not sure it quite applies here because of the camera factor. It is 1 thing to live this in their home, privately but another altogether to have it displayed on TV for the world to see. Although, I hope that Shannon/David do not allow their daughters to watch the show, that may not be true for some of their friends or classmates though and as we all know, kids can be and are often cruel to other kids.  This is where I have a problem with BOTH Shannon and David, that they are allowing this to play out on TV and that they are involving their daughters ON camera in this very adult struggle for everyone to see and weigh in on, it is not worth causing their daughters more pain/embarrassment IMO.

• Love 3

While I agree that no one can or should shield children from everything that happens in the family I am not sure it quite applies here because of the camera factor. It is 1 thing to live this in their home, privately but another altogether to have it displayed on TV for the world to see. Although, I hope that Shannon/David do not allow their daughters to watch the show, that may not be true for some of their friends or classmates though and as we all know, kids can be and are often cruel to other kids.  This is where I have a problem with BOTH Shannon and David, that they are allowing this to play out on TV and that they are involving their daughters ON camera in this very adult struggle for everyone to see and weigh in on, it is not worth causing their daughters more pain/embarrassment IMO.

Well that's a different point. The TV factor. I don't think they should be doing this on TV but I don't think getting a divorce is the go to answer all the time and I don't like when children are used as excuses to no fight harder in a marriage because kids go through plenty of trying times while they are growing up so if one of those times happens to be that they witnessed their parents struggle to stay together then hell that's one, if unavoidable, thats worth it  because of all the bullshit drama kids have to go through I think watching their family struggle and persevere is an experience I'm okay with them experiencing

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

Yes, I guess some do.  But the Beador household is clearly not a warm & loving place to be, and it goes well beyond simply thinking their parents are boring.  That would be pretty normal, and I don't think what these kids witness and hear about is at all normal.   Kids that age shouldn't be talking about tension between their parents, but these kids have done that.  They don't think Shannon is fun because she's not fun.  She's a wet blanket who is miserable and complaining far too much of the time.  They shouldn't be so worried about her happiness.  She should be worried about theirs.

To be honest it's not that uncommon for households to be imperfect with the children within earshot. Maybe not exactly cheating but families argue, fight, lose their cool, say mean things, act inappropriately all in the presence of their children. I'm not saying it's all day everyday occurrences but no one lives a textbook life and I know a lot of people who don't religiously follow the do's and don'ts of what the children shouldn't hear. I just think actually witnessing what we see the kids see automatically turns into a theory that they are living some unimaginable existence that is abnormal in this world. Children survive a lot worse than an unhappy marriage. It's happens in the course of life. This unfortunate reality happens to be the life of the Beador children and when they are adults they will maybe talk about how rough it was to see their parents go through that, just like other people talk about their mother being a functioning alcoholic, or their single mom's struggle to make ends meet, work 3 jobs while they took care of the house and their other siblings. I mean. It's not ideal. It's sad, it's a shame however it's nothing to villianize anyone for. People do the best they can and sometimes their best still don't produce what society deems to be "appropriate". Seeing their family issues on TV sensationalizes, what in reality, is a common problem many families face and struggle with regularly. Real life isn't pretty and we are seeing a part of the Beadors real life problems. Watching tackle a real life problem in a non text book way life most of us do cause I know for sure I don't solve all my problems the in the best possible way. Sometime I say fuck it and to hell with what other people think I should do. This is a quote that consoles me every time. "You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist".

• Love 4

Tense and sad moments that children have to witness and feel while a marriage is fighting to survive isn't the end of the world and God forbid children get an idea about how hard life can actually be before becoming adults. I don't get this theory that we have to keep our childrens childhood bubblegum, rainbow, unicorn magical at all costs because thats what they deserve, Oh my God it's unhealthy. It's not preferable but we can't shield children from everything and just because we can doesn't mean we always HAVE to. I mean come on. It's not some injustice for children to go through trying times as a family unit while they are still young. That's why it's called a family. It's not Mom, Dad and the kids and then the Husband and Wife hour. Husband, wife, mom, dad, kids parents all falls under the umbrella of family. I applaud people who fight for their marriage and their families and don't just throw in the towel because they are having a rocky road that yes may last a year or so. But umpteen years of family history, love, priceless memories shouldn't just get tossed aside because it's too hard to move passed a very rough patch. So they get divorced and what? Why do people think that there's always some much better scenario out there as a broken family? My sons father and I split two years now and boy oh boy. I would pick compromising, fighting harder, and settling on some details in a heartbeat vs. the life me AND him are struggling through separately all the while my son goes through a waaaayyyyyy bigger rollercoaster of emotions than he EVER did while we were together. Just because there are serious problems in a relationship doesn't mean that throwing it away is the best decision. Shannon and David are very early in their attempt to save their marriage so I don't expect perfect behavior from either one of them. I expect trial and error and lingering hurt, pain, resentment. Ill timed reactions, knee jerk reactions, childish reactions, HUMAN reactions. Their children have to go along with the journey as well. It's unfortunate but that's their reality and that's their family. Like it or not and I tell ya if David and Shannon do manage to work through this and get their marriage back on track and create another bunch of years of happy memories to share with their children then it's worth these cringe worthy moments because it reapes better things.

I agree that we shouldn't shield our kids from everything and they need to learn to deal with adversity and negative emotions etc. But children should not be involved in adult problems, period (imo). They shouldn't know what caused their parents relationship to falter (as children), they shouldn't feel the tension to such a degree that they have to plead with their mother to be happy because they are too often seeing her with teary eyes.

They have many years to feel the weight of the sadness from bad relationships (hopefully not, but it's a part of life), they shouldn't have to feel their parents, especially before they have the emotional maturity to process it all. They're children. Their parents marriage issues shouldn't be their burden. Happy, healthy kids can come from broken homes. I think two happy, well adjusted parents is far better for kids than a miserable, emotionally (and physically?) abusive household. Those girls are learning how to be in a relationship right now, what kind of man to choose, how they deserve to be treated and how to respond to mistreatment.

This is all my opinion, and you are of course entitled to yours. I just wanted to explain myself. Your child's life very well may have been better when you and your partner were together, but that's not true for everyone. My parents divorced when I was a kid and our lives were MUCH happier and more peaceful with them apart.

eta: fixed word

Edited by Harperlee1
  • Love 3

I agree that we shouldn't shield our kids from everything and they need to learn to deal with adversity and negative emotions etc. But children should not be involved in adult problems, period (imo). They shouldn't know what caused their parents relationship to falter (as children), they shouldn't feel the tension to such a degree that they have to plead with their mother to be happy because they are too often seeing her with teary eyes.

They have many years to feel the weight of the sadness from bad relationships (hopefully not, but it's a part of life), they shouldn't have to feel their parents, especially before they have the emotional maturity to process it all. They're children. Their parents marriage issues shouldn't be their burden. Happy, healthy kids can come from broken homes. I think two happy, well adjusted parents is far better for kids than a miserable, emotionally (and physically?) abusive household. Those girls are learning how to be in a relationship right now, what kind of man to choose, how they deserve to be treated and how to respond to mistreatment.

This is all my opinion, and you are of course entitled to yours. I just wanted to explain myself. Your child's life very well may have been better when you and your partner were together, but that's not true for everyone. My parents divorced when I was a kid and our lives were MUCH happier and more peaceful with them apart.

eta: fixed word

They shouldn't but that's not the world we live in and trying to live up to what is usually unattainable expectations makes parenting that much harder. I for one stopped punishing myself for all the "wrong things" my child was allowed to see as I go through a very real and a sometimes very hard life. Sometimes you just don't think fast enough to shield the children. Sometimes you just can't hold back that display of disappointment and you know what its okay to make mistakes. And it's okay if you haven't been CIA discreet about the discord that's happening under one roof. Kids are going to know regardless of how much you try to hide it anyway and granted I agree that details don't need to be spewed all over the house but I hardly think they are purposely and gleefully including their children in every and all distressful situations they have. I think there's bad judgment involved for sure but it happens and people are human. I don't think a marriage needs be sacrificed because trying to save it will be too harsh on the children. I get that nurturing the children is important but there are certain decisions that can't be made solely on the idea that it may be rough on the kids. It's unfortunate but life deals out tough times to all ages and that's what life's about.

I get that things COULD be better but it's still a risk and I get tired of people acting like there is some guarantee that leaving one stressful situation definitely puts a better life in your path. The new struggle now is my son dealing with blended families while me and his dad adjust to our new roles in his life. His father is still all over the place and I'm still struggling with my new life that is okay but isn't some awesome magical turn around from the pairing I had before. It's the same rocky road I had and the same basic effort and compromises I needed to make in my last relationship so why not put that energy into an already established family unit instead of rolling the dice and MAYBE achieving this coveted happy ending with a complete stranger? I'm just saying I have nothing against fighting for a marriage. If it means the children are not in the happiest place while this is going on then so be it but I do think it's still worth a shot and Sharon and David has made the decision to at least try for awhile and I say good for them. I don't think anything they are going through is anything near outrageous (outside of it being filmed) or irreparable if they deemed it to be worth a try then who am I to say they shouldn't go for it? Because the children are witnessing it? Unfortunately this is the course their lives have taken as a family and hopefully it won't last long but to base a decision on the fact that the kids childhoods shouldn't be interrupted with this mess and it will leave lifelong damage more so than the basic upbringing crap most people need to overcome as adults. I find that too many people use that detail as an excuse to walk away guilt free from their families.

The textbook approach is not always the necessary approach. And I don't believe that every non stellar household, that isn't the happiest and has issues teeters on "abusive". Sometimes making the best out of things can still produce well adjust children and adults. Plus the jolt of a divorce and the very real potential mess that can come out of that new adjustment may take years to get accustomed to can also be very traumatic and damaging. So there really is no guaranteed way to shield the children at this point. I mean the ride has already begun, there's going to be chaos one way or another so why not choose the chaos that can potentially keep the family together?  I mean they've obviously chosen that route and I don't see what's wrong with that. Also, it's obviously temporary cause if it doesn't get better then I doubt they would be able to tolerate that much discord to their daily lives and routines for years and years. The cat's already out of the bag. Their marriage is struggling. It's at the either repair it or leave it place, there is no more "just existing" in it so an end result I feel is inevitable.

• Love 1

I accept the clean modern line aesthetic that is all the rage of today (as it was when I was growing up); I just don't think it's cool to denigrate someone else's design aesthetic with a simpering "old lady look" euphemism.  My animals do just fine with my dust-catchy old relics, and I can name the history and story behind everything fucking cool thing I own - none of which involves "Pier One" or "designer".

PS - perhaps your claustrophobic tendencies would be tempered by the nightly raccoon baby visits I am now enjoying for the umpteenth year.  Those gentle little roly-poly fuckers eating hot-dog bits from your hands might just cure your antithapy for old lady sensibilities!  :-D

You are so utterly awesome.

• Love 4

I can't help it, I love Shannon. She's real and I love that. I also feel very sorry for her.

I felt bad for her. I do think she deserved a better birthday. I think David has been married to her long enough to know what she likes and should of been able to put something together more thoughtful and meaningful for his wife, after what he put her through. He knows this is being filmed, and he still puts in

a very minimal amount of effort..

Edited for spelling. I am blaming my keyboard.

Edited by Cheetosandchoc
  • Love 3

Yes!!!  I love things that have history and meaning and many things in my home do.  I don't decorate my home for other people - although a lot people do love it.  It's decorated for me and my family.  That is what a 'home' is.  I can't believe the amount of times I hear people on decorating and other shows say that they want people to come into their home and say 'wow' and impress them.  Who the heck cares.  Are you that insecure?  Ok.  I'll get off the soap box.

Anyway.  I mostly like Shannon's home.  Not everything.  I also get Eileen's home.  It seems that it's decorated for her and her family.  I'm just not into sterile or gaudy - Lisa V, Heather and Adrienne come to mind. 

• Love 6

Whoa.

Meghan never met a boundary she will not cross.

Vicki put her in check.

Meghan deserved it.

Heather and Lizzie were trying to reason w/ Meghan and she would not have it.

Meghan's ego and arrogance are astounding.

She scares me.

Lol!

Tamra said she and Eddie would never put out a sex tape.

Cut to their Bravo sponsored porn debut.

Edited by Scrambled Fog