Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Chad has been appearing on the series Famously Single.  This is a completely different Chad than we saw on the Bachelorette or BIP.  He is showing a lot more vulnerability and can be quite charming.  He is trying to woo Karina Smirnoff from Dancing with the Stars.  She has been playing mind games with him but to his credit he has hung in there and behaved.  So I wonder which is the real Chad - the one we've seen in the Bachelor franchise or this one?

On 8/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, Koalagirl said:

Chad has been appearing on the series Famously Single.  This is a completely different Chad than we saw on the Bachelorette or BIP.  He is showing a lot more vulnerability and can be quite charming.  He is trying to woo Karina Smirnoff from Dancing with the Stars.  She has been playing mind games with him but to his credit he has hung in there and behaved.  So I wonder which is the real Chad - the one we've seen in the Bachelor franchise or this one?

Im not watching this show, but Chad clearly has always had some charm and warmth.  What Chad also has shown is an alcohol problem: he gets drunk, acts outs, blacks out and forgets everything he did.  Then he gets angry that people are abrasive the next day, because he has no idea why theyre mad at him and theyre mad cause he was a drunk buffoon/asshole.  

So if Chad isnt drinking? I think he might just behave. 

• Love 1

Vienna loses her babies

Gotta feel for her.  And at the end, she made also made a really selfless decision, as well, one that had to be really hard.

“I don’t know why this happened and I pray the Lord gives me strength to understand why he needed my little girls,” she continued in her Facebook post. “After days of laying in bed heart broken and trying to piece what happened back together a doctor asked me if I would consider donating my little girls to science so they can also understand why this happens and be able to save another women who has twins with TTTS.”

“This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life but I knew my little girls were in Heaven already and the pain I feel I would never want any mother to ever feel,” Girardi added. “RIP My Sweet Angels  Your mommy will never forget you and I loved you both with my entire heart.”

• Love 2

Peter Kraus is apparently on Fleiss' shit list and will never be the Bachelor:

http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-runner-up-peter-kraus-as-next-bachelor-never-gonna-happen-says-source/

“Peter is every Bachelor producer’s worst nightmare: the perfect guy who cannot be coerced into proposing at the end,” shares the insider. “The fact that no one could talk Peter into buckling under and just giving her the ring — and that he wouldn’t play along — absolutely enraged the higher-ups at the show. Including Fleiss, definitely. He is totally on their s— list forever, and there is no way they will reward him with a shot at The Bachelor. No way.”

*eyeroll* I'm not buying it. This is probably just bull from the show, aimed at firing up Peter's little cult, to get them even more vocal in their support of him as the next lead and by that token, give the show and franchise more buzz and press. Anything to have people talking. Whatever. Until the announcement is made and I'm proven wrong, in my opinion, they are CLEARLY going to make Peter the next Bachelor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

*eyeroll* I'm not buying it. This is probably just bull from the show, aimed at firing up Peter's little cult, to get them even more vocal in their support of him as the next lead and by that token, give the show and franchise more buzz and press. Anything to have people talking. Whatever. Until the announcement is made and I'm proven wrong, in my opinion, they are CLEARLY going to make Peter the next Bachelor. 

I think you are right, but they might be leaving their options open incase one of the Bachelors in BIP becomes a favorite and has a great story.  Since, Nick became the Bachelor, BIP is no longer automatically the last stop before obscurity for rejected Bachelors and Bachelorettes.

Well Reality Steve is saying on twitter that Peter said NO to being the Bachelor so Fleiss and company ran to People Magazine, their official mouthpiece with that tale that they don't want Peter cause he'll be another Juan Pablo.

Whatever the case,  and IF Peter really is out, I guess its down to Wells and Dean coming out of Paradise or another season of Ben H.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Well Reality Steve is saying on twitter that Peter said NO to being the Bachelor so Fleiss and company ran to People Magazine, their official mouthpiece with that tale that they don't want Peter cause he'll be another Juan Pablo.

Whatever the case,  and IF Peter really is out, I guess its down to Wells and Dean coming out of Paradise or another season of Ben H.

Haha! No wonder TBTB sound extra pissed in People. Peter sure likes things his way, doesn't he?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Or he thinks he can build his brand without getting fake engaged and decided not to play Fleiss game.   

This. I'm still not 100% buying this until they officially make the announcement but if he really did turn it down, then I'll have to give him credit for being even savvier than I thought.  I suspect after the AFTR and especially the comments that yeah, it would be weird for him talk about how difficult the timing of the show is to get engaged and then become the next Bachelor, he probably realized that it might actually not serve him well in the long run to take the position.

This way, he gets to further the "he's so genuine and sincere" narrative and keep himself on that pedestal he's been placed on. It worked for Arie. Part of why the Arie love never died for some is that he was never the Bachelor and never back on the franchise after Emily's season. So his fans only had that one season to always hold onto. Hey, speaking of Arie, maybe this will be the time his long suffering fans finally get their wish of him being the next Bachelor. 

All that said, I still think come the announcement, Peter will be the Bachelor. I very well could be wrong, but I just don't buy it. This could all also be some negotiation tactics between him and Fleiss. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

This way, he gets to further the "he's so genuine and sincere" narrative and keep himself on that pedestal he's been placed on. It worked for Arie.

I agree that by not appearing too much on the show, he will keep the core fan base and won't ruin their image of him. But let's be real, people (casual watchers) are forgetful. As long as you are not on screen anymore, the Bachelor nation will move on to the next person on TV. That's why people like Nick, Amanda, Josh, the twins etc appeared on this show multiple times. The more they appear on this show, the more Instagram followers they will amass. And more followers = more shilling money. My guess is, if Peter is not the next Bachelor, his followers count on social media would stay around the same as current but if he's the next Bachelor, he would hit 1 million EASY. Maybe even 2 million. Amanda embarrassed herself on this show multiple times but I don't think she cares as long as her followers count stay up. Peter would be a fool to turn this down if he wants to expand his brand even further and I don't think he did. Probably Fleiss and Peter couldn't come to an agreement over some issues and they are testing who would cave first.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1

I didn't even watch the season of the Bachelorette but I did read about the hoopla after. Full disclosure, I think Peter is ridiculously swoon worthy. Hands down the most attractive guy I've seen on this franchise (in my opinion of course). Having not seen the show I have no idea what his personality is like though so the looks alone won't influence my opinion on the matter.

I get why execs would be worried about casting someone they know they won't be able to bend to their will and force a proposal to happen by the end. It's become such a premise to the show that it seems like everyone has forgotten that they don't sell the show as a 'journey to find your finance' but it's  sold as a journey in search of love and happiness. You can potentially find both of those things in the end without having a proposal. How many of us here would accept a proposal from a guy you've known for 2 months, went on 4 dates with during that time and was dating a series of other women at the same time as you? Do people accept these proposals because they think 'they chose me so it must be real'? I just don't get how people are so easily able to suspend reality long enough to think that the premise of this show makes sense. With all of this drama surrounding whether Peter is a right fit for Bachelor, it's making me wonder why the hell there aren't more contestants on this show that openly talk about wanting a promising relationship out of the experience but not ready for a proposal until they get to know the person better in the real world? Like what the actual fuck...how is this mentality considered odd? I don't like how the show is trying to suggest that if you aren't committed to a proposal then you're just someone who's afraid of commitment. Get the hell out of here with that nonsense, lol.

I'm assuming this Peter guy is the next Bachelor, it'll be worked in that he's looking for love but that he takes an engagement seriously and isn't going to promise a proposal at the end of 2 months. That's the only one he can do this show again and not come off looking like a fame hungry hypocrite.

• Love 4

Am I the only one truly bummed that Peter won't be the next Bachelor? I was looking forward to that gorgeousness on my screen each Monday.

I have no clue who the next lead will be. Dean? After BIP, I am guessing not. Wells? Perhaps. Eric? Perhaps.  Ben Higgins - please no. I cannot even think of any other possibilities.

• Love 6

HARD pass on Wells. Not for one second would I believe that women would be lining up to yell his name on a balcony in some foreign location. At least Flapjack was a millionaire so it was SOMEWHAT believable that women would want to "marry" him. The cast would drop like flies if they signed up for someone as hot as Peter and instead were stuck with this puny little "radio personality" who was incredibly awkward around JoJo, is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is, and apparently is an asshole to fans. No thanks.

Dean's the only real fan-favorite left, if Peter is really out of the running, so those BIP editors are going to have to work hard to make him look like someone who's Ready To Settle Down, considering his BIP antics. Then again, Nick took Jen all the way to the final day of BIP and dumped her and nobody really cared. All Dean has to do is act remorseful at the reunion and say that he regrets his behavior and was a fool to let her get away, but he's matured a lot since then and next time he finds The One, he won't be scared to let his walls down, ect ect ect. All the other options seem like total duds.

Edited by dom16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dom16 said:

someone as hot as Peter

I feel like I'm missing something. I don't find Peter hot at all. He's kind of okay looking I guess. I've tried looking at photos of him thinking maybe he photographs better, nope. He looks corny in pictures. I tried looking at him on the show thinking maybe he's better in motion, slight improvement but more middle of the pack for the show. I just don't get it. All my show watching friends are all "OMG Peter is soo hot" and I'm like, um, sure, okay and wonder if there were two Peters on the show. 

Everyone has different tastes. I guess that's why I always find it hilarious when all the hopeful's fall for the lead. Like you imply, someone who is into a Peter is not going to be into a Wells. Someone who is into a Nick is not going to be into a Josh. Etc. That is why I find Paradise a bit more believable. Because both sides, men and women, have choices. So they're not stuck falling in love with the only option available. lol

• Love 5
15 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Am I the only one truly bummed that Peter won't be the next Bachelor? I was looking forward to that gorgeousness on my screen each Monday.

I have no clue who the next lead will be. Dean? After BIP, I am guessing not. Wells? Perhaps. Eric? Perhaps.  Ben Higgins - please no. I cannot even think of any other possibilities.

No, me too. The silver lining for me, if he's really not the next bachelor, is that I have no interest in seeing any of the other guys whose names are being tossed around, so maybe I can finally quit this show. If I don't want to watch the next bachelor, then I won't want to watch the next bachelorette, and on and on. I'd be free!

The only way they'd suck me back in, at this point is if they went with Brad 3.0 or Arie, instead of Peter. LOL (And you gotta admit... Brad 3.0 would be kind of hilarious.)

• Love 3

I like Jared. Was he from Kaitlyn's season? I don't even remember. I've heard him on podcasts and he's a nice guy, well spoken.  I wouldn't mind Arie either. No to Ben Higgins. I thought I'd like Dean, but after BIP, I have my doubts. 

• Love 1

In my new US Magazine (please don't judge...) there was a two-page spread on Ben H. and how he is finding the strength to move on and date after his break-up with Lauren and the news of her new relationship.  Months ago, someone posted that they heard that Ben H. was being considered again for the Bachelor, and after reading this article and interview I suspect that may be true.  He was asked about being the Bachelor again and he responded that he's not saying he would but he is also not saying he wouldn't.  I think the producers are trying to find a quick replacement if the rumors that Peter said no are true.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:31 AM, Mabinogia said:

I feel like I'm missing something. I don't find Peter hot at all. He's kind of okay looking I guess. I've tried looking at photos of him thinking maybe he photographs better, nope. He looks corny in pictures. I tried looking at him on the show thinking maybe he's better in motion, slight improvement but more middle of the pack for the show. I just don't get it. All my show watching friends are all "OMG Peter is soo hot" and I'm like, um, sure, okay and wonder if there were two Peters on the show. 

Everyone has different tastes. I guess that's why I always find it hilarious when all the hopeful's fall for the lead. Like you imply, someone who is into a Peter is not going to be into a Wells. Someone who is into a Nick is not going to be into a Josh. Etc. That is why I find Paradise a bit more believable. Because both sides, men and women, have choices. So they're not stuck falling in love with the only option available. lol

Mabinogia, just echoing everything you just said! Don't get the hype at all about Peter! I love Nick, and I get people have different tastes, but don't understand the hype about Peter.

• Love 1

Oh dear god not Ben H. I liked him on whatever bachelorette season he was on (was it Kaitlyn or JoJo, don't remember) grew tired of him during his season and have come to not ever want to see him ever again since then. Then again, maybe I do want him as Bachelor so I can have all those extra hours of my life back. Yes, Ben for Bachelor! So I can skip another season YAY!!!!

• Love 3

Ben H also said on his podcast that while he isnt closed to the idea, it wouldnt be an opportunity the way it was before : he is starting a coffee business, running a charity, working in software sales and doing Almost Famous with Ashley I. 

Plus, he is boring as shit.  Please Fleiss no.  

Ben H, Jared, no.  

I would accept: Peter, Will (too boring?), Anthony (ditto?), Josiah (too immature?), Arie, Chris Cupcake from Kaitlyns season, Dean (too young?), penguin Matt (if he has a personality), ...

• Love 4

Penguin Matt looks so much better after the show. Like I was stalking his Instagram and I didn't know he looked that good. I saw some glimpses of personality with Jasmine on BIP so I am not opposed to him. Unpopular opinion maybe after the show, he is more attractive to me than Peter, who is average for me.

• Love 2

@RealitySteve   Do you think it's definitely a done deal, that Peter will not be the next Bachelor?

He replied..... 
No. I know they will keep trying. Whether or not he changes his mind, I don't know.

So who knows what will happen?

If not Peter, Ben or Dean, I cannot imagine who they would go with!

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

@RealitySteve   Do you think it's definitely a done deal, that Peter will not be the next Bachelor?

He replied..... 
No. I know they will keep trying. Whether or not he changes his mind, I don't know.

So who knows what will happen?

If not Peter, Ben or Dean, I cannot imagine who they would go with!

Too bad Juan Pabs just got married. What awful timing ;-)

• Love 1

I've mentioned this before--I wonder if Blake Killpack is unattached and would be a good bachelor. He's the guy Rachel let go early on in her season. I thought he was one of the best looking guys in the bunch, and he seems pretty accomplished. I wish TPTB would revisit him and see if he might be bachelor material.

Mabinogia: Kind of agree with you on Peter.  My idea of swoon-worthy is Jon Kortajarena (Luke Evans' ex).

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, adhoc said:

I've mentioned this before--I wonder if Blake Killpack is unattached and would be a good bachelor. He's the guy Rachel let go early on in her season. I thought he was one of the best looking guys in the bunch, and he seems pretty accomplished. I wish TPTB would revisit him and see if he might be bachelor material.

I don't think TPTB are going to have another Bachelor who exited early in the Bachelorette season after the disaster that was Juan Pablo.

• Love 1

I'm putting my money on Kenny. They had him on the couch for TMTA and gave him the full Love's Journey storyline there, replete with cheering fans in the audience and topped off with his adorable daughter. He's the full package of a sensitive yet manly man, looking to complete his family. He might not be as educated as Will or Anthony, but he seemed pretty intelligent for a pro wrestler. I'm not sure how to get my Bachelor Nation vote out there, but let's get the Kenny chatter going! Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!!

• Love 2

I like Kenny, but he talks/protests a bit too much. I could maybe see him being picked. I think they may pick Eric before him though, he really endeared people.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

Kenny is telegenic. But imho, He's not that handsome and he is not that mych of a catch: Wretstler/Stripper with a child already?  No.   thats paradise material not lead material. 

I liked Will and Anthony better than Kenny but I don't believe TPTB would go for a bachelor/ette of color right after having one.

Personally, I see Wells as the front runner since he's in Paradise which gets his face back out there but he's not going on dates so that limits the self-damage he can do like Dean did last night.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Personally, I see Wells as the front runner since he's in Paradise which gets his face back out there but he's not going on dates so that limits the self-damage he can do like Dean did last night.

Yeah, I think the best thing they did for Wells was make him bartender where he gets his face out there but he's the nice guy doling out advice and not tarnishing his image.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

No surprise. I never felt it between them. I never warmed up to her.
Nick....stay away from the franchise, far away!!

Do you think he can. I think he's addicted to being in the limelight, famewhore.! He's more likely to get along with Corrine come to think of it..

• Love 5

Yeah Vanessa and Nick were done at the "After the Final Rose" taping but I guess he wanted to make sure his time on DWTS came with a "loving" fiance in the audience so he didn't bother breaking up with her until now.

I still say he wants a D lister from Hollywood as his "wife" so look for lots of pics upcoming from the Paps of him with so and so.   

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, uoflfan said:

They lasted 2 months longer than I'd predicted.  lol.

We don't know how long they actually "lasted". They announced the breakup today, but they could have been broken up for months already.

• Love 7

Who's really shocked by this revelation? The odds are already stacked against any relationship that comes out of this franchise - add their similar personalities, particularly their stubbornness...who the hell wouldn't have said this would be the most likely outcome? So much for only wanting to be engaged once.

Hopefully Nick keeps away from the Bachelor franchise. He's had enough chances already, lol.

• Love 5