Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Huh and I always thought she was duller than dishwater. And from what I've seen online, seems many are still stuck on the Saint Ben narrative so Lauren is getting much of the heat of the breakup. I don't see future Bachelorette in her future but hey, crazier things have happened. Nick was made The Bachelor. 

I found her dull. Maybe she can take a look at the leftovers on BIP.

• Love 2

I thought Lauren often came across as dull, too, but I think Show tried to sit on her so the viewers didn't realize she was Ben's pick from the get go. She must have something personalitywise we weren't shown (and she's a flight attendant--I think a decent personality is needed to get you into that door). I thought Nick was most unlikeable and he ended up with a whole career on the show. Just a thought--didn't watch Nick's season so maybe there are other women besides Rachel waiting in the wings.

Didn't Lauren quit her job to move to CO to be with Ben?? So not smart! She set up some blog and wasn't that going to be her "job"? I think she was dull and desperate to be married to someone, anyone. Ben came off as dim and dull and immature. I think he wants more of a mommy than a wife. He has no gumption. No motivation. Neither of them came across well.

• Love 5
(edited)
56 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Wait, did this really happen on their show? Cos if it does, I'm so going to try to catch that episode. LMAO.

Yeah about half way through the season, Ben tells her that he can't marry her;  well he phrases it a bit differently, like maybe I'll marry you one day, but the wedding plans were off.  From that minute on, you could tell Lauren was like "how do I get out of marrying this wishy-washy guy".   Surprised it took her this long.  

Edited to add that Vuture did a scathing review of the final episode of their show, where they showed up in Vegas for pretend bachelor/ette parties.   

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/ben-lauren-happily-ever-after-recap-season-1-episode-8.html

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Ben and Lauren were certainly a good looking couple imo. I could see her being the next Bachelorette.

Lord help us no. We need a lead with personality.  

When i saw the episode if happily ever after during which she talked about wanting BABIES  and he couldnt even have a conversation about it, I figured they were doomed.  The dynamic of their discussion was just off.  Its one thing not to want babies right away, and another thing to be unable to discuss preferences, timelines, etc. 

35 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Didn't Lauren quit her job to move to CO to be with Ben?? So not smart! She set up some blog and wasn't that going to be her "job"? 

I don't think she quit her job. She asked for a relocation. As she is a flight attendant, moving is probably much easier for her compared to most everyone who has a 9-5 office job. She can easily move back to where she lived before moving in with Ben and easily still keep the same job.

Although I'm not sure if she's still doing the flight attendant thing. I read somewhere she makes significant money now from Instagram, and you can do that from anywhere.

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think Ben really would have married her right then.  I always thought he truly fell in love with Lauren, but she just wanted to win. 

I'm basing this on things like Ben saying that when she stepped out of the limo, the world stopped, and on their first date, which seemed to last for four hours, he just couldn't stop kissing her.  Now, I know that's all superficial, more lust than love, stuff, but lots of men marry because the woman is his absolute ideal from head to toe, and go on to be happy for the rest of their lives.  Some men are just that visual.  I think Lauren wasn't in love but just wanted to win and get the ring and go on to have a perfect house and a perfect wedding, with the perfect $8000 dress. Some women are just that materialistic.

Ben's the one who cancelled the wedding plans, so seems like his adoration wasn't the lasting kind. I think he just fell in lust/infatuation, because Lauren seemed like his dream girl, but once they actually started living together it became apparent that they don't have much in common. I don't know if you watched the stupid Happily Ever After show, but it was pretty painful. I lost all faith in them watching that, because I just didn't see the natural chemistry and friendship I see with most couples who end up working out. It seemed like an uphill battle and Ben getting cold feet was the final nail in the coffin. I mean it's lucky they didn't get married, but it's hard to convince someone you really do want to marry them one day, when you've just told them you don't know each other well enough to marry. How was she supposed to trust his word after that? I also think Ben did little to compromise. Lauren changed her whole life to be with him, while he changed nothing apart from his decor (which he wasn't happy about either).

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I don't think she quit her job. She asked for a relocation. As she is a flight attendant, moving is probably much easier for her compared to most everyone who has a 9-5 office job. She can easily move back to where she lived before moving in with Ben and easily still keep the same job.

Although I'm not sure if she's still doing the flight attendant thing. I read somewhere she makes significant money now from Instagram, and you can do that from anywhere.

I think I read somewhere that she quit her flight attendant job because too many people were recognizing her; it was becoming disruptive to her work.

I thought both she and Ben were equally dull, so I thought they might actually last, but didn't really care either way.

• Love 5

Well, Ben's mama knew. Ben is the kind of person who needs constant reassurance. JoJo was naturally attuned to that, while Lauren spaced out during Ben's many bids for attention. He felt the chemistry but not the support.

It is a shame that two boring, attractive people couldn't make a go of it.

I'm glad for JoJo that she found a much more fun and satisfying love story (whether it lasts or not).

• Love 4

I just watched that Disney Wedding special they did last week and they were so awkward together. Even when they threw in lines about their own planning it came off so stiff and fake.  Not surprised they broke up.

Money. I don't even know if guest staring on the Twins show or Disney specials is what Ben wanted, he had wanted to go into politics and had to back out.  Since their own spinoff where he backed out of wanting of the wedding, that was probably the most honest thing about the series. 

This seemed not planned break-up though. Just days ago Lauren posted a photo of their finished remodel backyard space and not even a week later they're broken up.

18 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

JoJo won't want Ben now that she is with Jordan and is still basking in the Rogers family NFL connections.

It's probably inappropriate to comment on this here (sorry mods if this is wrong!), but I have to wonder whether the Aaron NFL connection is back on now that he & Olivia Munn are through.

• Love 2

Not sure where to post this since it sort of applies to the entire franchise but apparently we're getting yet another franchise related show so more opportunities for the famewhores to extend their 15 minutes. 

Introducing Bachelor Winter Games

Yes, you read that right and you're probably thinking what everyone is thinking after reading the article. That this is essentially Bachelor Pad set in a winter location.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Not sure where to post this since it sort of applies to the entire franchise but apparently we're getting yet another franchise related show so more opportunities for the famewhores to extend their 15 minutes. 

Introducing Bachelor Winter Games

Yes, you read that right and you're probably thinking what everyone is thinking after reading the article. That this is essentially Bachelor Pad set in a winter location.

Oh good lord. Too many other good shows on at that time. Watch for Nick to show up though!:) 

• Love 1

I'll watch. One of my favorite episodes was in Sean's season where they went to Canada and it was all cold and snowy.

This seemed not planned break-up though. Just days ago Lauren posted a photo of their finished remodel backyard space and not even a week later they're broken up.

I know. I checked her instagram last week too on a "breakup watch" and I didn't get the feeling that they were over ... not like it seemed back in Feb or whenever when she went on vacation for her birthday without him and she hid her ring finger in every photo. 

Although it could be that ABC told them to wait to announce it and act like everything is fine so in the meantime the only thing that Lauren could come up with in that regard was a pic of the backyard. 

• Love 1

Bachelor Winter games sounds like an epic trainwreck but I'm a Winter Olympics junkie so I won't I'll be watching Bachelor/ette rejects racing down some ski slope and then going back to the hot tub at the resort to find "love".   Well maybe I'll catch the episodes when the Olympics are over with, just to see the sh*tshow.

• Love 6

BiP has been an entertaining spin off.  I am not opposed to a spin off, it could be good but winter sports?  How many proficient in skiing are they going to find?   It will be minor outside stuff is my guess followed by a hot tub. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, wings707 said:

BiP has been an entertaining spin off.  I am not opposed to a spin off, it could be good but winter sports?  How many proficient in skiing are they going to find?   It will be minor outside stuff is my guess followed by a hot tub. 

It will be all about the hot tub. Eww..:)

Just now, F. M. said:

It will be all about the hot tub. Eww..:)

Nah, it will be there, of course but not that much,  just like all the seasons.  The regular seasons are dull for me, I use FF liberally.   Any spin off will move quickly with no roses.  I have not watched a RC in many years.  I am all for spin offs.  Bring them on!  

11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm sure they're using the term sport loosely, much like the competitions they had on Bachelor Pad.

Yes, they will make up challenges involving snow.  A snow man will be involved, certainly. 

• Love 1

My guess on who at least will get an invite to the "Bachelor Winter Games":

Ashley I, her sister Lauren, the twins, Amanda, Lace, Olivia, the newly single Lauren, Raven, Alexis but only if she wears a shark ski suit, and a bunch of Nick girls whose names I don't remember

Jared, Robby who will be the first one in the hot tub, his bff Chase, Jef, Josh, Luke, Chad, James Taylor, JJ (he seems a shoo in for at least the ice events), and a bunch of Rachel guys who we will be meeting soon!

Any others!?!?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Nah, it will be there, of course but not that much,  just like all the seasons.  The regular seasons are dull for me, I use FF liberally.   Any spin off will move quickly with no roses.  I have not watched a RC in many years.  I am all for spin offs.  Bring them on!  

Yes, they will make up challenges involving snow.  A snow man will be involved, certainly. 

I dont see it panning out. People have bachelor fatigue, and I'm one of them. I'll watch a great UK series if available 

1 minute ago, F. M. said:

I dont see it panning out. People have bachelor fatigue, and I'm one of them. I'll watch a great UK series if available 

I have very serious bachelor fatigue but I look forward to a spin off.  BiP has good ratings and that is because so many are tired of the original show.  The pull of any show with the promise of romance is strong.  

Since they are now hip to SM and spoilers and made the change of announcing Rachael early perhaps they will change some of the format for her and future seasons.  The ratings remain high because people with Neilson boxes DVR it to watch later with FF.  The number of celebs who admit watching on talk shows is staggering.  I think they are afraid to make changes.  They shouldn't be.  

• Love 2

This could be fun!  I have a feeling that a bunch of these people will be skiing or skating with very little clothes on .... since this is the Bachelor franchise we're talking about.  I liked the competition aspects of Bachelor Pad.  I guess we'll see, but I'm open to giving it a try!  

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, JenTen1585 said:

This could be fun!  I have a feeling that a bunch of these people will be skiing or skating with very little clothes on .... since this is the Bachelor franchise we're talking about.  I liked the competition aspects of Bachelor Pad.  I guess we'll see, but I'm open to giving it a try!  

Bachelor Pad's competitions were alot of fun but what ultimately doomed the show was Nick Peterson taking all the money from Rachel;  ABC didn't like the backlash and negative press that came with so many people outraged that he would do so so.   

I'm guessing that the money aspect of BP won't be be back and the challenges will be more about who gets to go out on fancy dates or take that special someone to the hot tub.  I've actually seen lots of positive chatter on twitter today since the news broke, that people like the Challenge+Olympics+Bachelor coupling.    Even saw one comment calling it "brilliant".  

• Love 2

OMG please can we get more Rachel trying to Cross Country ski?   PLEASE!

There are a lot of Race alums from greater Denver and from Chicago - they should have some winter sport skills.  And the folks from Dallas may ski (like maniacs in jeans) if the tales of New Mexico skiing are true. 

But there are loads of winter activities that will be amusing: ice skating, polarbear clubing, curling, snoeshoeing, snocat races, sleddogging, some version of doubles luge, snowman building contests, snowball fights, hot cocoa making competitions, snow shovelling races, iceclimbing...

I'm in. If only because the lack of A/C makes all the BiP contestants so lethargic - this has to be an improvement. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Bachelor Pad's competitions were alot of fun but what ultimately doomed the show was Nick Peterson taking all the money from Rachel;  ABC didn't like the backlash

Bachelor Pad is long gone and that format has already been put to rest with BiP.  

20 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Bachelor Pad's competitions were alot of fun but what ultimately doomed the show was Nick Peterson taking all the money from Rachel;  ABC didn't like the backlash and negative press that came with so many people outraged that he would do so so.   

I don't remember any backlash.  Everyone seemed to cheer Nick's decision.  Rachel was awful.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, partofme said:

I don't remember any backlash.  Everyone seemed to cheer Nick's decision.  Rachel was awful.

I cheered for Nick, good for him. I didn't see any backlash either. BIP is cheaper to make, they put them up in teeny rooms, four to a room I think I read. NO AC, so hot and no respite. The bar is put together on set, one bachelor said on twitter the drinks were watered down, that's why meathead Chad had to have so many. That wouldn't have pleased ED!LOL.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Ashley I, her sister Lauren, the twins, Amanda, Lace, Olivia, the newly single Lauren, Raven, Alexis but only if she wears a shark ski suit, and a bunch of Nick girls whose names I don't remember

Jared, Robby who will be the first one in the hot tub, his bff Chase, Jef, Josh, Luke, Chad, James Taylor, JJ (he seems a shoo in for at least the ice events), and a bunch of Rachel guys who we will be meeting soon!

Any others!?!?

Sounds about right, Cindybee. I'm happy for all the women after the way they must have suffered while watching their make-up slide off in the heat.  Josh should be able to keep a shirt dry for five minutes straight. Chris Bukowski can come and break his leg again on the slopes.  The funny Canadian friend of Chads should definitely be there.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Any others!?!?

I doubt they would ask Josh back.  There will be new faces on the scene after the next Bachette and Bach air.  And there is BiP in there, too. You can recycle just so much.  I hope never to see Ashley I again.  The twins have boyfriends and let's hope they keep them because I don't want to see them again either.   I doubt Jef would do it.  

Chad and Corinne will be on BiP.  How many times can we watch Chad?  I think they will be looking for new faces.  If they don't work out I can see Corinne being asked though she does not seem like a winter girl. 

I can see Lauren and Luke. 

I question if they want a repeat of BiP in different weather.  Would they aim for contestants who have a shot at finding love more than the screw ups?  Nah, probably not!  

Just now, wings707 said:

I doubt they would ask Josh back.  

Josh is memorable so of course they are going to ask him---People are still talking about his sweaty, greasy hands pawing poor Amanda.   That doesn't mean he'll do it. 

Fleiss and company don't care about love matches;  they want drama, they want tears, they want craziness.  And Josh brings that.    If Chris B can be on shows five times, Josh can come back for round 3 next winter.

• Love 3
Just now, CindyBee said:

Josh is memorable so of course they are going to ask him---People are still talking about his sweaty, greasy hands pawing poor Amanda.   That doesn't mean he'll do it. 

Fleiss and company don't care about love matches;  they want drama, they want tears, they want craziness.  And Josh brings that.    If Chris B can be on shows five times, Josh can come back for round 3 next winter.

I suppose you are right.  Sigh.  

3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Although it could be that ABC told them to wait to announce it and act like everything is fine so in the meantime the only thing that Lauren could come up with in that regard was a pic of the backyard. 

Actually I'm surprised ABC didn't make them wait until after the new Bachelorette starts.

30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Actually I'm surprised ABC didn't make them wait until after the new Bachelorette starts.

I don't think ABC cares.  SM spoils break ups all the time.  I think Lauren was probably hesitant to announce it herself or they both were thus the pic of the back yard.  It was telegraphed in their little series anyway. 

• Love 1

Ah, I see what they did. Held the Lauren/Ben breakup for the day before they announced the new! and exciting! Bachelor Winter Games. One day of bad news and then the break up is forgotten and everyone is distracted by the shiny new toy. Well done, ABC public relations department. 

• Love 1

Wasn't there a chick in Sean's season who refused to jump into the freezing water?  Can that person please go on Bachelor Winter Games, just so we can see her complaining the entire time about the cold???

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Canada said:

Wasn't there a chick in Sean's season who refused to jump into the freezing water?  Can that person please go on Bachelor Winter Games, just so we can see her complaining the entire time about the cold???

Tierra?  I would totally take some more sparkly Tierra. I think she went in though and had a "medical event".  There was someone else who refused to go in and was promptly eliminated and summarily forgotten.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, fib said:
42 minutes ago, Canada said:

Tierra?  I would totally take some more sparkly Tierra. I think she went in though and had a "medical event".  There was someone else who refused to go in and was promptly eliminated and summarily forgotten.  

That was Selma, and she's married now, so I don't think she'll be back. She was my favorite on that season though for refusing to do the polar bear plunge. Sean kept saying how much doing the plunge would prove her commitment or some such nonsense, but she was completely undeterred - "nope, not doing it".

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It does sound like Bachelor Pad in the Winter. I expect the twins, Lauren, and Amanda for sure.

That format is long gone.  It may be BiP in winter, though. 

Speaking of JoJo, she just popped her house with Jordan on the market. You can buy or lease, friends! Great neighborhood, and I'm sad she'll no longer be my bestie's neighbor.  Maybe my long-ago speculation about Jordan being The Bachelor during football season will come true. Ha! I kind of hope not, because they do seem well suited and were very pleasant neighbors.

https://www.dmagazine.com/home-garden/2017/05/hot-property-bachelorette-jojo-fletcher-jordan-rodgers-dallas-home/