Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

We don't know how long they actually "lasted". They announced the breakup today, but they could have been broken up for months already.

56 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

We don't know how long they actually "lasted". They announced the breakup today, but they could have been broken up for months already.

Highly possible, I guess they really were miserable in Mexico..:)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cgogis said:

I am mostly shocked that Kaitlyn and Shawn are lasting as long as they are. And JoJo and Aaron's brother as well... 

Kaitlyn and Shawn lasting this long is a huge surprise for me too since Kaitlyn has been very open about doing the B'ette only to expand her brand, not really to look for love. Will the ring be fully vested to her if they break up now?

JoJo/Jordan is also a surprise as well. I didn't think that had a chance with Jordan's cheating ways, but hey, they outlasted his brother's relationship.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cgogis said:

I am mostly shocked that Kaitlyn and Shawn are lasting as long as they are. And JoJo and Aaron's brother as well... 

I always thought Kaitlyn and Shawn and Jojo and Jordan were real couples, actually well suited to each other. Even if the relationships blow up, they're legit.

Nick and Vanessa never had anything going, even during the actual proposal. Basically, he thought she was hot enough that her poor personality could be overlooked and she thought he'd move to Canada. Obviously wrong on both counts.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Will the ring be fully vested to her if they break up now?

I think so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the rule is once the couple stays together for two years or more, they get to keep the ring. 

2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

JoJo/Jordan is also a surprise as well. I didn't think that had a chance with Jordan's cheating ways, but hey, they outlasted his brother's relationship.

Um not quite. At least not yet. Yes, Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn broke up but that was after three years of dating. Jordan and JoJo have only been together about a year right?

Yeah I don't think anyone was really surprised by Nick and Vanessa's split. I liked them both but honestly, Nick has been looking straight up depressed and like he hates life for the past two months or so. Vanessa seems fine though and I noticed she started making more frequent trips back home to Montreal. Well she has her charity, which I give her full respect for and she'll probably be able to get her old job back if she wants it,  so all's well that ends well. 

As for Kaitlyn and Shawn, I remember saying back when her season ended that I could see them imploding really quickly, as in a few months or lasting. Kaitlyn is a hot mess but Shawn really seems madly in love with her in all her drunken hot mess state. In fact, in the weeks since her season ended, I have felt like Rachel and Bryan seem to have a similar dynamic to Kaitlyn and Shawn.

Rachel isn't quite as messy as Kailtlyn but girl totally has a wild streak that most didn't see or want to see because many boxed  her in as the serious lawyer with a Federal Judge father. Meanwhile Bryan is way more low key and just sits back and lets her be her crazy and wild self. She even said it in an interview that she can be high energy and a lot and Bryan is the complete opposite. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:
8 hours ago, uoflfan said:

They lasted 2 months longer than I'd predicted.  lol.

I might have actually been right with my 3 month prediction!  Huzzah.

• Love 1
On 8/19/2017 at 0:38 PM, CalamityBoPeep said:

No, me too. The silver lining for me, if he's really not the next bachelor, is that I have no interest in seeing any of the other guys whose names are being tossed around, so maybe I can finally quit this show. If I don't want to watch the next bachelor, then I won't want to watch the next bachelorette, and on and on. I'd be free!

The only way they'd suck me back in, at this point is if they went with Brad 3.0 or Arie, instead of Peter. LOL (And you gotta admit... Brad 3.0 would be kind of hilarious.)

"You can check out anytime you want,

But you can never leave."

• Love 6
On 8/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, Hello Lady said:

LOL> I knew that was a sham. Even at the end they looked like they disliked one another. I guess all obligations have been met, and Nick is off to find more women to woo.LOL

If it was a sham, why end it now? Wouldn't it be better to make it to 1 year and avoid all the "LOL what a shock!!" comments?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

If it was a sham, why end it now? Wouldn't it be better to make it to 1 year and avoid all the "LOL what a shock!!" comments?

Maybe Vanessa got fed up and decided to move back to Montreal, in which case the jig would have been up either way, or Nick thinks he has a chance at another Bachelor go-around.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Maybe Vanessa got fed up and decided to move back to Montreal, in which case the jig would have been up either way, or Nick thinks he has a chance at another Bachelor go-around.

Yah - I read somewhere that he never made it to Montreal outside his one show visit, which, considering how rooted there Vanessa seems to be just seems... shitty. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, fib said:

Yah - I read somewhere that he never made it to Montreal outside his one show visit, which, considering how rooted there Vanessa seems to be just seems... shitty. 

Yeah I've always liked Nick well enough, though I've said for awhile now that he clearly changed from the guy on Andi's season between then and the time he did Kaitlyn's season. There was way more famewhore//Bachelor Nation shtick with him. And truth is no one can say for certain what goes on between two people. But from the outside looking in, I don't think moving was the issue because it did seem like Vanessa truly made the effort to uproot her life. After the finale, she didn't go back to Montreal for months and was only there for a few days. But as you noted, Nick only visited once for a few days and considering how much of her life and the people she loved was there, it did seem as you say, shitty.

The clear sign that something was up for me was her fundraiser, which he literally just showed up for the day before and left immediately the day after. This was something Vanessa was clearly so passionate about and worked so hard on and Nick seemed like it was torture for him to be there. The videos of the event were just awkward on his part. Vanessa was interacting with people, engaging with others, etc. but Nick was just sullen. Evan made a comment, some weren't sure if he was joking, about how Nick didn't even speak to him at his own wedding. This was after he posted a video of Vanessa dancing with one of his sons at the wedding and Nick was just standing by doing nothing. 

It just didn't seem like he was putting much effort. But again, you never know what's really going on with people and I could be wrong. After all, the couples that seemed like they were happy and on the same page, broke up, like Ben and Lauren. But for all the crap Vanessa got and how much many didn't care for her, I feel like she seemed more willing to try than Nick. But who knows, maybe she is just that awful to live with that it sucked the life out of Nick. Either way, like I said, she seemed just fine the past few weeks, while he just looked depressed so I'm sure she'll be just fine. I noticed they've both gone radio silent on social media. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

I don't dislike Nick but he just seems the type who will have lots of up and down moods. He can turn on the charm like no other (like when he was wooing Andi and Kaitlyn) but when he's not excited about something, he can't even seem to manage a neutral mood/expression. That can be hard to live with based on my experience.

ETA: I thought Ben and Lauren were on the same page until I saw their show. They couldn't be more different people. Compatibility is key.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

ETA: I thought Ben and Lauren were on the same page until I saw their show. They couldn't be more different people. Compatibility is key.

I read that, since I didn't watch their show because I couldn't think of two more boring people I had less interest in. But I heard that it didn't exactly put their relationship in a positive light. 

1 hour ago, waving feather said:

I don't dislike Nick but he just seems the type who will have lots of up and down moods. He can turn on the charm like no other (like when he was wooing Andi and Kaitlyn) but when he's not excited about something, he can't even seem to manage a neutral mood/expression.

Classic Libra. I should know :) It's one of the many reasons I've never seen myself getting married. I just know I can't put up with another person for the rest of my life. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Who do we all think will be the next Puppet Bachelor??
Will Peter change his mind?? (I can only hope!)
Will Wills get a promotion from bartender to the head honcho?
Will they think Ben H part 2 is a good idea? (I hope he meant it when he said no)
Will they really dig deep in the barrel and bring Brad back for part 3?
Will they demote CH and make him The Bachelor?
Is Eric mature enough to handle it??

My guess is Eric would be their second choice. Slim pickins this season!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Who do we all think will be the next Puppet Bachelor??
Will Peter change his mind?? (I can only hope!)
Will Wills get a promotion from bartender to the head honcho?
Will they think Ben H part 2 is a good idea? (I hope he meant it when he said no)
Will they really dig deep in the barrel and bring Brad back for part 3?
Will they demote CH and make him The Bachelor?
Is Eric mature enough to handle it??

My guess is Eric would be their second choice. Slim pickins this season!

Peter changing his mind is where I'd put my money.

I like Wells, but I don't know if he appeals enough to the average (younger) Bachelor fan.  He's also very slight, which might make him hard to cast for.

Ben H part 2 would be okay with me.

Brad is probably too old now, but he was my idea of the right type for the show.

Chris Harrison?  I would watch in glee, but the women would have to be much older than usual and it would be the end of his role as host.

Eric, no.  He's adorable but not yet sophisticated enough. Anthony, maybe.

I'm still hoping for someone entirely new.

• Love 1

Maybe Nick timed announcing his breakup to be considered again once he saw how weak the field was.  Hee! He could be a back to back Bachelor. 

I really don't think that, but it cracks me up to picture Nick working the phones to create buzz about him returning to the show. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, fib said:

I think that's kind of unfair to say. At least Nick made the effort to go to Montreal and get to know her family. Who knows, maybe Vanessa is not the easiest person to live with either. She seems like a perfectionist, who has to have everything her way. Nick looked defeated around Vanessa. Maybe it was best they end as friends and call it a day.

Edited by mistygracie
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mistygracie said:

I think that's kind of unfair to say. At least Nick made the effort to go to Montreal and get to know her family. Who knows, maybe Vanessa is not the easiest person to live with either. She seems like a perfectionist, who has to have everything her way. Nick looked defeated around Vanessa. Maybe it was best they end as friends and call it a day.

Sorry - I think I must have read something different than you did: I was saying that I heard that Nick never went to Montreal except when he went with the show: ie. A couple hours.  

If he went more than that? Great, then i rescind my comment.  I'm kinda horrified though if he really never went there to get to know them. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It sounds like the only time Nick went to Montreal after the Bachelor aired was for Vanessa's fundraiser - where he knew there would be cameras.

Not exactly. He went for about a week, a few weeks after DWTS ended and they hung out with her family, even had the famous Sunday family lunch with her grandparents, siblings, etc. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Not exactly. He went for about a week, a few weeks after DWTS ended and they hung out with her family, even had the famous Sunday family lunch with her grandparents, siblings, etc. 

Thanks - thats a very different picture - and much more appropriate fiance type behavior!

33 minutes ago, fib said:

Thanks - thats a very different picture - and much more appropriate fiance type behavior!

I agree!  Vanessa herself said in an interview, that her family got along really well with Nick, so it shows that Nick did try to get to know her family and her life in Montreal, & they did go to his sister's wedding in Winconsin, but I just feel at the end, Nick & Vanessa didn't have much in common(different friends, lifestyles) & weren't able to work at the end. I just hope they can remain good friends, & find their own love & happiness at the end.

• Love 1

Reality Steve is saying on twitter that he's hearing that Peter will indeed be the next Bachelor.

Guess there were enough zeros in that check for him to change his mind.

Wasn't planning on watching cause I'll be all in on the lead up to the Winter Olympics in January/February but maybe I'll check Steve's spoilers to see who ends up as Peter's wife to be.  

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Reality Steve is saying on twitter that he's hearing that Peter will indeed be the next Bachelor.

Guess there were enough zeros in that check for him to change his mind.

Wasn't planning on watching cause I'll be all in on the lead up to the Winter Olympics in January/February but maybe I'll check Steve's spoilers to see who ends up as Peter's wife to be.  

My suspicion was that this was some negotiation tactic between both sides. From what I saw of Peter on Rachel's season, he gave me strong, "my way or the highway" vibes so who knows what demands he was making and I doubt Fleiss and company like anyone making demands to them so they responded by playing hardball. But the fact is they really have no other viable option but him. That said, if they had to agree to his demands because they have no other choices, I wouldn't agree if I were him because that would mean they won't like him very much and when they don't like the lead, they make sure the edit is really not to their favor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

If Peter was The Bach TPTB wanted, perhaps he played hardball by saying NO, much like Emily did for her season. She was paid more $ than any B-ette in history and got more perks because Fleiss wanted her and no one else. So Peter saying he is not The Bach while Fleiss wanted him would make his case stronger, upping his $$$$$ cost. Plus Fleiss is now seeing how Wells is playing out on BIP, and that's not good. So, that leaves Peter I guess. Of course I'll watch his season, and hate every minute of it. LOL!

18 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Plus Fleiss is now seeing how Wells is playing out on BIP, and that's not good.

Do you mean Dean? Yeah Wells and his puppets are a little annoying but the person who's gone from being a fan fave to getting dragged every week is Dean for his whole Kristina and D-Lo saga.

• Love 1

It seemed like Wells was auditioning for the lead while on Paradise, but his "comedy" with the puppets and the mean girl-ing was a big turnoff.  Bye Wells.    I doubt Dean was truly in the running.  Too young and obviously immature.

• Love 3

OMG a Dean season would be an epic clusterfuck. He's hot enough to attract a lot of women and get them to put out for his attention but isn't all that interested in a love everlasting. He'd be the perfect horn dog bachelor for wrong reasons viewers...like me.

• Love 1

RS says it's back to being Peter....

RealitySteve‏Verified account @RealitySteve  2h2 hours ago

(SPOILER): I feel confident in reporting that sources are telling me Peter is the next Bachelor & it will be announced soon.

RealitySteve‏Verified account @RealitySteve  2h2 hours ago

I'm aware of last min switch ups in the past, but I don't believe that's happening this time. He's been the guy they've wanted since Day 1.

14 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

(SPOILER): I feel confident in reporting that sources are telling me Peter is the next Bachelor & it will be announced soon.

Is there anything remotely interesting about Peter? I admit that the only one I actually *liked* was Eric (but I didn't much care for his speech patterns).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

Is there anything remotely interesting about Peter? I admit that the only one I actually *liked* was Eric (but I didn't much care for his speech patterns).

I could just look at him all day with the volume off, LOL!!

• Love 6

My only request, if it does indeed end up being Peter as the next Bachelor, is that someone please tell him that "[insert woman's name] and I's relationship" is not grammatically correct. Dude was still talking about Rachel and I's relationship in interviews post-season.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

My only request, if it does indeed end up being Peter as the next Bachelor, is that someone please tell him that "[insert woman's name] and I's relationship" is not grammatically correct. Dude was still talking about Rachel and I's relationship in interviews post-season.

That has to be Bachelor speak......so many of them say it!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I have to admit even though I am college educated, the " I" vs "my" has always been difficult for me as well.  That is a blatant bad example that Peter used, but can someone give us the correct general ruling? I can't be the only one who could use a refresher on this one.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I have to admit even though I am college educated, the " I" vs "my" has always been difficult for me as well.  That is a blatant bad example that Peter used, but can someone give us the correct general ruling? I can't be the only one who could use a refresher on this one.

Admittedly I only minored in English so I'm sure someone with more extensive knowledge will write an essay length post on the whole history and subtext, etc. However, my understanding is that you can say, "Rachel and I have a relationship".  It's the possessive "I's" that makes the other sentence wrong because it is never grammatically correct to say, "I's relationship". Seriously, speak this out loud and you can hear it sounds awkward and weird.

The correct way of saying it is, "Rachel's and my relationship" because if you break the sentence apart, you see that both parts are grammatically correct - i.e. Rachel's relationship and my relationship.  That's actually one of the main tricks to getting it right. Break the sentence apart and see how it sounds individually. By the way, this bothered me so much that it made me almost love Bryan just because in an interview he used the right expression when talking about his and Rachel's relationship. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's actually one of the main tricks to getting it right. Break the sentence apart and see how it sounds individually.

yes that's absolutely the way to determine all of these things that people get wrong. Which shows you why "This is something that is important to both Rachel and I" is wrong. You wouldn't say something is "important to I".

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Admittedly I only minored in English so I'm sure someone with more extensive knowledge will write an essay length post on the whole history and subtext, etc. However, my understanding is that you can say, "Rachel and I have a relationship".  It's the possessive "I's" that makes the other sentence wrong because it is never grammatically correct to say, "I's relationship". Seriously, speak this out loud and you can hear it sounds awkward and weird.

The correct way of saying it is, "Rachel's and my relationship" because if you break the sentence apart, you see that both parts are grammatically correct - i.e. Rachel's relationship and my relationship.  That's actually one of the main tricks to getting it right. Break the sentence apart and see how it sounds individually. By the way, this bothered me so much that it made me almost love Bryan just because in an interview he used the right expression when talking about his and Rachel's relationship. 

Thanks truthaboutluv.  That is sounding familiar now.

I always take the other persons name out. Would I say "I's relationship?" Nope, I'd say "my relationship" so it's Rachel and my relationship. Would I say "me went on a romantic date ten feet down the beach?" No, I'd say "I went on a romantic date ten feet down the beach" okay, I would NEVER say that lol but the point is it would be Pick a Paradise Loser and I went on a date ten feet down the beach."

As irrational as it is, and as terrible as my grammar is, one of my biggest pet peeves is "Loser and I's whatever" It hurts my ears almost as much as Taylor's uptalk or Jazz's screeching.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, nutty1 said:

That has to be Bachelor speak......so many of them say it!

No, I've heard it outside of Bachelor Nation, which tells me that somewhere in America this is being taught. I hope by now someone has corrected Peter and explained why what he has been saying is wrong.

I'm still fairly certain that it's a holdover from way back when, when we were kids and said stuff like "Me and Bobby are going to the park," and were corrected that, no, it should be "Bobby and I are going to the park." Somehow that seems to have translated into many people's brains as meaning that any time you refer to yourself and another person, the correct construction is "Other Person and I," regardless of context.

Except in cases where somehow, "I" seems so egregiously wrong that people substitute in "myself," which actually annoys me even more than misused "I"s...

"Me" is not a dirty word, people!

• Love 9

Dean as Bachelor would be like watching Bachelor Junior High. Why would we need that when there's already BiP?

I'm don't think I'm going to like a Peter season. Production is going to script a lot to make it interesting. 

And to think I liked both of them in the beginning of Rachel's season.

• Love 1

They're making the announcement of the next lead tomorrow on GMA. 

eta: I guess I'll just edit this post. Apparently the above was true for a few minutes until GMA deleted the tweet and I've heard of no announcement on this morning's show. So who the hell knows what's happening with this. Maybe Peter changed his mind again.

Edited by truthaboutluv