Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, I was curious and watched the first episode of Ben and Lauren's show and I am surprised how likable I found Lauren. Ben, on the other hand, is such a dullard and kind of immature. She's not the dreamgirl, but she's definitely too good for Ben, at least more mature and sensible. I feel that sometimes when she tries to joke or have fun, Ben wasn't getting it. And vice versa. They are such different people! No wonder they couldn't make it work.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I feel that sometimes when she tries to joke or have fun, Ben wasn't getting it. And vice versa.

I think that is super important.  After 37 years of marriage, we think laughing at the same thing is the new sex.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, wings707 said:

Chad and Corinne will be on BiP.  How many times can we watch Chad?  I think they will be looking for new faces.  If they don't work out I can see Corinne being asked though she does not seem like a winter girl. 

As many times as they will give us! There are certain "characters" on this series that are timeless. I would watch the hell out of a "Three's Company" like show with Chad, Daniel, and Corrine. Chris Bukowski would need to be the "Larry" upstairs neighbor. One of the old married couples could be "the Ropers"--probably Sean and Catherine because Sean would be the smug, disapproving landlord.

• Love 7

Can we have them live in Igloos?  With furs on the floor, and have them keep feeding the small fire all night?  And polar bears wandering around looking for a quick snack of human?  Please?

• Love 2

I owe a huge apology to all professional models out there for thinking that anyone could do what they do. Those photos are CRAP! Those women are horrible models. Tacky is the perfect word for that shoot.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I owe a huge apology to all professional models out there for thinking that anyone could do what they do. Those photos are CRAP! Those women are horrible models. Tacky is the perfect word for that shoot.

Lauren is so awkward in her poses. She's definitely not meant to model. Amanda did slightly better. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Lauren is so awkward in her poses. She's definitely not meant to model. Amanda did slightly better. 

Totally agree. 

Holy moly, girl, youre 27.  The fashion model ship has sailed. (Well, except for Instagram shilling). 

But damn.  That might be the ugliest swimsuit (the orange one) Ive ever seen.  And 159$ for a shapeless black dress? SMH

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, fib said:

But damn.  That might be the ugliest swimsuit (the orange one) Ive ever seen.  And 159$ for a shapeless black dress? SMH

Yeah, if something looks this unflattering on a tall and skinny 27-year-old, it should never have been made.

• Love 4

Super excited about winter BIP. But what does this mean for The Bachelor? It is usually Jan-March, right? They gonna move it up? Or skip it this year so they don't have to answer why they aren't choosing a black Bachelor to follow Rachel?

• Love 1

Honestly, I can't decide whether or not I am shocked that Ben and Lauren broke up. I mean, I was never really invested in them as a couple ( I liked Ben and all but I thought that they were both really boring together on The Bachelor and on their spin-off show) so when the rumours started that they were heading for splitsville I didn't really think much of it. If anything, I thought that they would try to make it last as long as possible seeing as their relationship has become a bit of a business venture over the past year. However, I do remember watching their spin-off show and thinking that they are really different people and even though opposites attract, I just had troubles seeing a deep-seeded connection between them beyond the illusion that they created of being "America's sweetheart couple". Break-ups suck and I feel bad for them but I just think that they weren't compatible enough in the end.

In other (more positive) news, apparently the Bachelor is the only network show that actually grew its audience from the previous year. :)

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/05/broadcast-reality-tv-viewers-lost/

12 hours ago, waving feather said:

So, I was curious and watched the first episode of Ben and Lauren's show and I am surprised how likable I found Lauren. Ben, on the other hand, is such a dullard and kind of immature. She's not the dreamgirl, but she's definitely too good for Ben, at least more mature and sensible. I feel that sometimes when she tries to joke or have fun, Ben wasn't getting it. And vice versa. They are such different people! No wonder they couldn't make it work.

This is exactly the reason why I couldn't get into his season.  At first he seemed ok, but very quickly I thought the same thing, dull, immature, self righteous and a blame shifter. 

5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Lauren is not wasting any time - she's moving back to California, and has already done a tacky "fashion shoot" with Amanda. Apparently she has 1.4 million Instagram followers, so I don't see her going to back to her old job anytime soon.

Do they usually keep their fans when the relationships end? 

33 minutes ago, betha said:

Super excited about winter BIP. But what does this mean for The Bachelor? It is usually Jan-March, right? They gonna move it up? Or skip it this year so they don't have to answer why they aren't choosing a black Bachelor to follow Rachel?

According to this tweet, it seems like they are going to air it with The Bachelor.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, 1992austenlover said:

In other (more positive) news, apparently the Bachelor is the only network show that actually grew its audience from the previous year. :)

And yet so many swore during the season that no one was watching because Nick was the worse Bachelor ever and they announced Rachel as the Bachelorette early to save the season that supposedly no one was watching. 

I didn't even see the pictures of Amanda and Lauren because I didn't care but I'm not surprised they suck. The cover shot of Lauren that was on People Magazine's Instagram was awful enough. Her eyes looked dead and girl looks like she could use a sandwich or two. Both she and Amanda are just way too skinny, in my opinion. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

And yet so many swore during the season that no one was watching because Nick was the worse Bachelor ever and they announced Rachel as the Bachelorette early to save the season that supposedly no one was watching. 

lol! I know, right? Personally, I thought it was definitely one of the most compelling seasons of the show (if not the most compelling season) and I'm really happy for Nick. :) 

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Lauren is not wasting any time - she's moving back to California, and has already done a tacky "fashion shoot" with Amanda. Apparently she has 1.4 million Instagram followers, so I don't see her going to back to her old job anytime soon.

This made me laugh out loud. During a product meeting today we were talking about marketing and using affiliates and I was like ugh, let's just ship some to one of the crazy Bachelor rejects that have 1.4 million followers. I've never even looked at Lauren's Instagram. The crowd around the table was shocked to hear of such madness. God bless. I don't think I would sell out my privacy for some bucks but good for them.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2

But damn.  That might be the ugliest swimsuit (the orange one) Ive ever seen.

I vote for the combo prison stripes/farmer suspender with bra duo as the worst swimsuit ever. I mean, that one is a joke,, right? 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

lol! I know, right? Personally, I thought it was definitely one of the most compelling seasons of the show (if not the most compelling season) and I'm really happy for Nick. :) 

I guess I'll have to take your word for it since I was one of the two seemingly people who didn't watch it since Nick is still a douche to me.

As for Lauren's photos. didn't Tyra Banks say that you are not suppose to spread your legs like that unless you're doing a men's magazine? Tacky is right.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

As for Lauren's photos. didn't Tyra Banks say that you are not suppose to spread your legs like that unless you're doing a men's magazine? Tacky is right.

totally agree. My dear mother always told me it was inappropriate to sit like that :)

• Love 1
On 5/17/2017 at 8:26 AM, Boys2Mom said:

How can we have Winter Games without including Daniel???  Maybe he will be the coordinator of All Things Canadian.

Please let him be on. His hilariously indecipherable metaphors are life, and watching other participants try to wrap their heads around the words coming out of his mouth will never stop amusing me.

Have to admit, I'm just a little sad about Ben and Lauren. I had a bit of an inexplicable soft spot for them.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I vote for the combo prison stripes/farmer suspender with bra duo as the worst swimsuit ever. I mean, that one is a joke,, right? 

Lol.  That one is also terrible. I cut it some slack because i can imagine wearing the top. But can you imagine the tan lines from that thing?  Shudder.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Am I the only one who could not stomach the annoying, unfunny Daniel?

I thought he was just weird at first, but his "be less like Hitler; be more like Mussolini" pep talk to Chad was the best thing that's ever happened on the franchise, IMO.

• Love 14

Apparently he said in the podcast he was only sleeping on a mattress and how Lauren took all the furniture? I guess she took offense since he's not posting a retraction.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:52 PM, chocolatine said:

Is she wearing her ring in these photos??

Yeah in one of the pictures it looked like she still had the ring on, which makes me think the shoot was done before they publicly announced the split but when she was already packing up and taking her stuff out of Ben's place.

On 5/18/2017 at 3:45 PM, chocolatine said:

I thought he was just weird at first, but his "be less like Hitler; be more like Mussolini" pep talk to Chad was the best thing that's ever happened on the franchise, IMO.

I find him amusing less for what he actually says, because it barely even makes sense most of the time, but more for watching others attempt to interact with him like he's a normal person. Watching people try to process what he's saying and figure out how to respond entertains me to no end.

• Love 3

Good for Britt. She might be over the top gushing, but an engagement is a pretty big deal. I loved how she just went about her life outside of the Bach world, unlike some on her season who couldn't wait to get back on tv over and over and over...

(edited)

I always liked Britt. Good for her. Nice comments from her in the article:

“I think the show taught me that love is complex, and has more to do with really becoming someone’s best friend than it has to do with fancy dates and helicopters! I made some great friends on the show, but the realist truest love of my life was in the real world, and I’d rather be grocery shopping with the love of my life than in a private jet without him! He’s my one! And the rest all pales in comparison,” she said.

Nilsson added: “It also taught me that everything works out! I just talked to Kaitlyn this morning and we laughed about the fact that It all ended up perfectly for both of us! So, you just have to have faith that it’ll all end up all right, even if it’s painful getting there. It’s worth it! And I could not be happier or more thankful!”

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

Britt really, truly, should go with the "less is more" philosophy regarding makeup, I don't think I've ever seen her look prettier than this picture:

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

She left the Bachelor world completely and doesn't do Instagram ads. I know we're not allowed to say "You're wrong," but...you're wrong.

haha..unpopular opinion, but I never thought she was a phony.  Yeah, she always gushed "Oh I love (fill in the blank with whatever the guy loves)!"  but I don't think she was being fake (at least in the negative sense of the word), I thought it was her just trying way too hard to get a guy to be interested in her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

She left the Bachelor world completely and doesn't do Instagram ads. 

Good for her.  (For leaving the Bachelor World).  Though I really really really think people who get treated as shittily as she did by the show should get a little less credit for jumping ship.  I mean, it would be pretty pathetic to get chewed up, spit out, and and stepped on the way she was, and then stay a part of the show's world (I'm looking at you, Nick). 

But for all the hangers on to the show (Ashley I, Olivia Caridi, Sean Lowe), I do give her some credit for leaving. 

6 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

She left the Bachelor world completely and doesn't do Instagram ads. I know we're not allowed to say "You're wrong," but...you're wrong.

I never said she was a fame whore, I said she sounded like a phony (i.e. insincere person). One has nothing to do with the other.

• Love 12

I didn't read Arista's post above, but I heard on Ryan Seacrest's radio show today that Lauren split with Ben because she couldn't get past Ben telling JoJo he loved her. Okay ... whatever. Took her long enough. And I always liked Brit, never found her phony or fake or anything but nice. Just shows how YMMV ... in just about everything. People today are so used to snarky snotty people with backstabbing snide comments. It's hard to accept someone who just wants to be nice.

I finally had a peek at Lauren and Amanda's photos (thought it was probably best not to look at them at work), and yeesh! Amanda's pics are OK, but Lauren's? Good grief. She researched posing in swimsuits and had a pro coaching her, and this is what they end up with? Yikes. Even the ones that aren't just straight up crotch shots, she just stands there awkwardly. So. Bad.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

According to new legal docs, Chris' lawyers think it would be grossly unfair to call Moser a "victim," Chris has not been charged or even ticketed for the causing the accident.

Huh?  I don't care if he died because he suddenly slammed the brakes to avoid hitting a squirrel, the man was still a "victim" in an accident.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

Just fucking UGH! What a horrible person Chris is proving himself to be. I hope the jury sees this as what it is, an attempt by a privileged rich guy to avoid responsibility for his actions (seems to be a trend with members of the Bachelor Family) and throw the book at him.

• Love 8