Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

He tweeted yesterday that he was notified he wouldn't be on BiP this season (a reversal of earlier news). I wonder if those pieces of news are related.

Good!  Maybe I will watch after all!

• Love 1

The twins were on Harry Connick's show yesterday to promote THEIR new show, the subject of which seems to be how stupid they are. Even Harry wasn't buying it when they told him they did not know what is between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

I wish I could remember whose show I saw Chad on. He is being promoted as Bad Boy Chad. I guess it pays to be crazed and/or stupid. At least on reality tv it does.

I was never a fan of Luke Pell and this video only confirms my suspicions of him... 

I wasn't going to watch this past season of The Bachelor if he was the lead and I couldn't be more grateful that the producers followed their gut and chose Nick instead. What a player...

• Love 1

I did/will not watch Ben & Lauren or the twins' shows, but I would absolutely watch the Chad show. I'd at least watch the first episode, and if Daniel were on it with him, I would set my DVR so I wouldn't miss a minute.

• Love 3

If Andi had met with Nick privately, the way he tried to do multiple times, that scene on ATFR likely would have never happened. He wrote her a letter that CH delivered to her. She had to know the question was coming. She chose to avoid him until she was forced to speak to him.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, valen said:

If Andi had met with Nick privately, the way he tried to do multiple times, that scene on ATFR likely would have never happened. He wrote her a letter that CH delivered to her. She had to know the question was coming. She chose to avoid him until she was forced to speak to him.

Great point.  And something that gets lost in the shuffle most of the time.  And this really makes me wonder: 

1) Andi clearly has no problem talking openly about sex (see her tell - all)

2) Nick knew this, but tried repeatedly to talk to her privately. Andi refused. 

The thought that is popping up in my mind: Maybe Nick interpretted this as Andi wanting to talk openly about their night? Its not the craziest interpretation of this situation!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, fib said:

1) Andi clearly has no problem talking openly about sex (see her tell - all)

2) Nick knew this, but tried repeatedly to talk to her privately. Andi refused.

But the tell-all came out 2 years later. It wasn't 'clear' at all.

• Love 1

Or was he trying to embarrass her because not only did she dump him, but she also refused to meet with him after the fact?  I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion...she did fiance things with him even though he asked her not to if she didn't have real feelings/wasn't going to pick him (or whatever).  Nope, it wasn't nice.  However, especially after the time between the filming of the finale and the ATFR, does why she did it really matter?  She didn't want to be with Nick, just chalk it up to a bad dating experience and move the hell on.

1 hour ago, Bugs Meany said:

But the tell-all came out 2 years later. It wasn't 'clear' at all.

To us - we dont see everything that happens on the show :-)

But I wholeheartedly agree generally with your point.  It just had never occurred to me before that maybe he thought she wanted to discuss things on the show for the sake of drama.  Its a highly unlikely situation, but an interesting one.  Though I think if he had thought that, then maybe he would have said something as all hell was breaking loose for Andi after the show. 

• Love 1

To be honest, i've never understood why people got upset with Nick.  This is a dating show where people are generally completely inappropriate if you actually take privacy seriously and what did anyone think went on in the fantasy suite?  It seems a bit like blaming the kid who noticed that the King had no clothes.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or was he trying to embarrass her because not only did she dump him, but she also refused to meet with him after the fact?  I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion...she did fiance things with him even though he asked her not to if she didn't have real feelings/wasn't going to pick him (or whatever).  Nope, it wasn't nice.  However, especially after the time between the filming of the finale and the ATFR, does why she did it really matter?  She didn't want to be with Nick, just chalk it up to a bad dating experience and move the hell on.

I don't know. He seemed to be genuinely hurt. If he told her what sleeping with him would mean to him, and asked her not to do it if she wasn't going to choose him, I can see being pretty upset about it and just wanting answers. That is what the whole ATFR is for - answers and closure. I'm sure he asked in his letter. She knew it was an answer he wanted. He should move on, but she should also be kind enough to answer a legitimate question. However, she had no answer other than "I was selfish and didn't care if I hurt you." There's no way to say that and look good. She gambled on him not having the balls to ask in front of cameras and she lost. I have no problem with what he did and have always thought that if a male lead slept with a finalist after promising to only do so if he was going to pick her, and she called him out, she would be praised and celebrated.

It's a really intense situation where you are cut off from the rest of the world. Bonds and feelings are amplified and he seemed genuinely blindsided and hurt. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, valen said:

have always thought that if a male lead slept with a finalist after promising to only do so if he was going to pick her, and she called him out, she would be praised and celebrated.

I agree, that probably would happen.

• Love 4

I always thought this was something he really wanted to know and he tried discussing it privately, but Andi turned him away. So he asked on camera because it was the only venue in which he would get a response. In watching him in the two Bachelorette season and his Bachelor season, he doesn't seem like the type of person assuage his pain by being mean or vengeful to the person who hurt him. 

• Love 6
(edited)

So the following pictures of Nick and Vanessa from a few days ago, caused quite the reaction on social media. 

Link

Naturally, people jumped to all kinds of conclusions and had many opinions ranging from Nick being a douchebag, he's not a gentleman, to it's more proof that he clearly secretly hates Vanessa's guts and can't wait to get away from her, etc. Only a handful of people said maybe she wanted to carry them and he respected her decision. 

In any case, Vanessa did a phone radio interview where she was asked about the pictures. It was for a Quebec station, so it was in French but someone translated it. Basically, she said that while Nick was paying, she took the bags. When he offered to take them, she said it was fine. He offered to take one and she said she preferred holding both because it was more balanced that way.

She basically laughed at the whole thing and at the idea that Nick is not gentleman. By the way, this of course opened up a whole can of worms of how women say they want equality but expect men to always do certain things. Seriously, it's amazing what two little pictures can do. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So the following pictures of Nick and Vanessa from a few days ago, caused quite the reaction on social media. 

Link

Naturally, people jumped to all kinds of conclusions and had many opinions ranging from Nick being a douchebag, he's not a gentleman, to it's more proof that he clearly secretly hates Vanessa's guts and can't wait to get away from her, etc. Only a handful of people said maybe she wanted to carry them and he respected her decision. 

In any case, Vanessa did a phone radio interview where she was asked about the pictures. It was for a Quebec station, so it was in French but someone translated it. Basically, she said that while Nick was paying, she took the bags. When he offered to take them, she said it was fine. He offered to take one and she said she preferred holding both because it was more balanced that way.

She basically laughed at the whole thing and at the idea that Nick is not gentleman. By the way, this of course opened up a whole can of worms of how women say they want equality but expect men to always do certain things. Seriously, it's amazing what two little pictures can do. 

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea that Vanessa addressed the situation in an interview so that was news to me. I defended Nick in an Instagram post where I said that maybe he offered to carry the bags and Vanessa insisted that she carry them instead (not that it makes a shred of difference to me either way--I mean, it's the 21st century and women are perfectly capable of carrying bags themselves if they want to) but it's nice to get confirmation that that was the case. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Jez, they are grocery bags, not bowling balls. LOL People just want to hate Nick at this point and look for any excuse. Good for her for laughing it off. Because it's stupid!

Exactly.  These people hating on Nick, a lot of them are people disappointed that Luke wasn't the Bachelor.  And look what a douche Luke turned out to be.  Yet they still lambast Nick for every little thing they can.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

I defended Nick in an Instagram post where I said that maybe he offered to carry the bags and Vanessa insisted that she carry them instead

That's so funny. My husband and I are in our 50s and he is very chivalrous but sometimes I'm just like "in the time you are trying to take these bags from me we could be inside!" It's often much more trouble to transfer them than to just get on with it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

That's so funny. My husband and I are in our 50s and he is very chivalrous but sometimes I'm just like "in the time you are trying to take these bags from me we could be inside!" It's often much more trouble to transfer them than to just get on with it.

lol Yeah, I agree. I was just explaining that perception and reality can be two different things sometimes and that forming a conclusion based on a photograph is ridiculous. But I agree that it shouldn't matter who carries the bags and the fact that it even became an issue is just sad to me. Honestly, when I first saw the photos my initial reaction was "awww, it's nice to see that they're able to do the little things now like grocery shopping because I know that they were looking forward to doing that"--and it wasn't until I read the comments that I saw what other people were seeing and I could not have rolled my eyes any harder if I tried. What can I say? Haters are going to hate. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

The fact she even needed to explain that situation is hilarious. 

The whole thing really was ridiculous. One of my favorite comments though was this poster who said that many times she's tried to carry bags when with her husband and he just ignores her and grabs them from her and carries them anyway because that's what a real man does. I swear I could imagine the pride in which this woman probably wrote this and it's like, "okay, sure, whatever works for you..." It is fascinating how some people define what a "real man" is.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2017 at 7:21 AM, 1992austenlover said:

I was never a fan of Luke Pell and this video only confirms my suspicions of him... 

I wasn't going to watch this past season of The Bachelor if he was the lead and I couldn't be more grateful that the producers followed their gut and chose Nick instead. What a player...

I've always found that guy skeevy (especially with the creepy smile on his B'ette photo), and his "confession of love" for Jojo did absolutely nothing for me. Nick is no saint, but I still find him more genuine than Luke. So I was also glad he got passed over. At the last minute. 

• Love 2

I didn't think he was skeevy but he definitely seemed completely humorless - like he took himself way too seriously. And I'm sorry, when you agree to be a part of these cheesefest franchise, you need to have some kind of sense of humor because there is just so much ridiculous associated with these shows.

• Love 4
On 4/4/2017 at 10:07 AM, Bugs Meany said:

He tweeted yesterday that he was notified he wouldn't be on BiP this season (a reversal of earlier news). I wonder if those pieces of news are related.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:25 PM, kingshearte said:

If getting his own show means he stays the hell away from shows I actually want to watch, I fully support it.

He did an interview before the Bachelor season had ended and he mentioned that he had done another reality style TV show that involved celebrities having difficulty finding love and I think they were being set up on dates or something to that effect. I think the news of him having his own show is actually this reality show he was talking about where he is part of the ensemble cast but it's not 'his' show. My theory is that BIP had to rescind their offer to him because the other show probably got picked up and the viewing would conflict because seeing Chad look for love on BIP would ruin the suspense of how well he would fair in the context of this other dating show.

It could be something totally different but ExtraTV that hosted the interview I'm referring to has taken down the full interview from their youtube channel (I went back to verify the show concept that he had explained in the interview but couldn't find it) so I strongly suspect that is the show is Chad show being referenced and explains why he can't be on BIP.

1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

He did an interview before the Bachelor season had ended and he mentioned that he had done another reality style TV show that involved celebrities having difficulty finding love and I think they were being set up on dates or something to that effect. I think the news of him having his own show is actually this reality show he was talking about where he is part of the ensemble cast but it's not 'his' show. My theory is that BIP had to rescind their offer to him because the other show probably got picked up and the viewing would conflict because seeing Chad look for love on BIP would ruin the suspense of how well he would fair in the context of this other dating show.

It could be something totally different but ExtraTV that hosted the interview I'm referring to has taken down the full interview from their youtube channel (I went back to verify the show concept that he had explained in the interview but couldn't find it) so I strongly suspect that is the show is Chad show being referenced and explains why he can't be on BIP.

The only thing is I'm pretty much positive that show is Famously Single (I saw a full promo for the season where I was very concerned to see one of my favourite DWTS Pros, Karina Smirnoff, making out with Chad) that Josh was also a part of. And Josh did BIP after Famously Single aired. So I don't know why this would suddenly be such a conflict. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

The only thing is I'm pretty much positive that show is Famously Single (I saw a full promo for the season where I was very concerned to see one of my favourite DWTS Pros, Karina Smirnoff, making out with Chad) that Josh was also a part of. And Josh did BIP after Famously Single aired. So I don't know why this would suddenly be such a conflict. 

Yup that's the one. 

My theory was that since Famously Single doesn't have an official air date yet, there is a chance that the show would overlap with BIP airing or be aired after BIP happens. Of course, that theory doesn't work if Josh was asked to be part of BIP before BIP knew the scheduled air date for Famously Single season 1. 

So maybe I'm not on to something, haha. 

It was sweet but she probably should have worn pants, lol. So I took a cursory glance at the comments under Nick's social media because what can I say, sometimes I'm a glutton for punishment. And I honestly just cannot wrap my head around people who get so invested in this franchise. Like okay, you were rooting for Raven and thought Nick should have picked her but he didn't. Let it freaking go.

And since they all think he and Vanessa don't have a prayer's chance in hell of lasting anyway, well just wait for the inevitable break up and gloat then. But to go to the guy's social media and every single time he posts anything with his fiance, start with the namecalling of her being a skank, a bitch, etc. Like really?

It reminds me of all the hateful comments I saw after Desiree's season by the people who were particularly bitter because RS convinced them that Brooks was returning and he and Des were engaged. And well that didn't exactly happen. I couldn't understand the level of vitriol some had towards the two, who by all account seemed like really nice people to me. I didn't really watch much of Desiree's season but it was because of all the shit they got that I was always so happy when they proved everyone wrong. 

And for the record, let me just say that whether or not Nick and Vanessa last (I like them both but I'm still wary if I'm being honest), people are delusional if they think Nick was ever that into Raven. Give me a break. Raven was the token F2 because someone had to be taken to the end. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

It was sweet but she probably should have worn pants, lol. So I took a cursory glance at the comments under Nick's social media because what can I say, sometimes I'm a glutton for punishment. And I honestly just cannot wrap my head around people who get so invested in this franchise. Like okay, you were rooting for Raven and thought Nick should have picked her but he didn't. Let it freaking go.

It's probably the same people still a year later reply to Jojo's pics saying she should have picked Luke. 

2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It's probably the same people still a year later reply to Jojo's pics saying she should have picked Luke. 

lol, probably. Or the ones who still think Josh is a good guy who's been misunderstood and unfairly treated by Nick, Andi and now Amanda.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And for the record, let me just say that whether or not Nick and Vanessa last (I like them both but I'm still wary if I'm being honest), people are delusional if they think Nick was ever that into Raven. Give me a break. Raven was the token F2 because someone had to be taken to the end. 

Thank you. Delusional is a gentle way to put it. The fact that one is 'serious' and Canadian and the other is 'fun' and Southern (in quotes because editing is a huge factor) only makes things worse. It's catnip for the lowest of lowbrow trolls.

Aside: You'll even see people say Raven is the prettier one, which is pure cognitive bias. Eye-of-the-beholder only goes so far; that's just false.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

Aside: You'll even see people say Raven is the prettier one, which is pure cognitive bias. Eye-of-the-beholder only goes so far; that's just false.

That definitely elicited a slight spit-take.

The funny thing is, a few of the people who were actually on the season have pretty much confirmed that Nick was always into Vanessa. Ashley I. interviewed Jasmine and Alexis after the WTA was filmed and apparently they both said that most of the women knew Nick was really into Vanessa because whenever she was in the room, even if he would try to hide it, his focus was almost always on her. But many people are easily swayed by a good edit and Raven was the fun, easy going, hometown girl so that clearly means she was the better choice and perfect for Nick. Nick's feelings and opinions do not count in this at all. 

• Love 4
On 08/04/2017 at 10:28 PM, Canada said:

Exactly.  These people hating on Nick, a lot of them are people disappointed that Luke wasn't the Bachelor.  And look what a douche Luke turned out to be.  Yet they still lambast Nick for every little thing they can.

I have never liked or enjoyed Nicky Vile. He was dating someone until this show. He's a big famewhore, and I will be glad when he's off my screen! He won't win DWTS, so hopefully he and his choice ( who is also in showbiz) can ride off into the sunset. They are both very on during any filming, photos etc, caught off guard they don't look quite as loving.

Edited by Fanny Mare
2 hours ago, Fanny Mare said:

I have never liked or enjoyed Nicky Vile. He was dating someone until this show. He's a big famewhore, and I will be glad when he's off my screen! He won't win DWTS, so hopefully he and his choice ( who is also in showbiz) can ride off into the sunset. They are both very on during any filming, photos etc, caught off guard they don't look quite as loving.

Who was Nick dating until the show?  And who is this choice of his who is in showbiz?

34 minutes ago, Canada said:

Who was Nick dating until the show?  And who is this choice of his who is in showbiz?

Just a wild guess here but - the dating before the show was Jen because she liked just about everything he posted on social media after they filmed BIP and she was clearly upset when he was announced as The Bachelor. Except she's never said she and Nick were together and someone who said she was her mother, posted on the Bach board and stated that Nick and Jen were not together but were still talking and Jen really liked him and hoped they would become more.

As for the showbiz, well that's Vanessa obviously since she does have an IMDB page and appeared in bit parts on shows like three or four years ago. The teacher thing was clearly a cover to become an actress. Oh and if you believe In Touch, she's apparently currently furious at all the attention being on Nick while he's doing DWTS and is demanding he help get her roles. 

eta: Update alert. They're currently at the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 premiere so I'm sure Vanessa will be trying to make those connections she's demanding Nick get for her, as per In Touch

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Fanny Mare said:

He won't win DWTS, so hopefully he and his choice ( who is also in showbiz) can ride off into the sunset.

14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

As for the showbiz, well that's Vanessa obviously since she does have an IMDB page and appeared in bit parts on shows like three or four years ago. The teacher thing was clearly a cover to become an actress.

Thank you for providing the sarcasm for me, truthaboutluv. Here's her extensive acting career: three bit parts, in 2010, 2011 and 2014. People who harp on the IMDb thing can't add up the number of credits, and can't subtract those dates from 2017.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Fanny Mare said:

Lots of photos of Jen and Nick. But then as I said upthread, he's down with any photo's!?

Photos of them where? They were in the same place once between the filming and airing of BIP and that's when Jen was in LA. They didn't even post any pics together, just separate pics with the same background, so not sure what pics you're referring to.

As for Nick and Vanessa, this is them last night and they seem pretty happy to me!

(I saw that bum stroke, Vanessa.)

• Love 1