Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

I would usually say "my and Rachel's relationship." It breaks the politeness rule but it feels less formal. ??‍♂️

I'd go for "my relationship with Rachel". I don't think the politeness rule applies here - you can only talk about a relationship from your own perspective.

• Love 4

I heard on local radio last week that Chris Soules' court date is set for January. Meanwhile, he's asked for and gotten permission to go to New York for ... wait for it ... FASHION WEEK!!!!! and was granted permission to leave Iowa for two week to attend that "gala" event. WTH? Why would Soules be going to Fashion Week? Anyone?

• Love 8

I wouldnt be surprised if they cancelled paradise. It has jumped the shark on jetskis ridden by a man in a canadian banana hammock.  

Its not fun this season and i think ABC has probably figured that after the scandal, its time to cut ties.  

• Love 1

My vote is no Bachelor show is being cancelled. Fleiss promised something "shocking." Where have we heard that before? Oh, maybe every single week of this entire franchise? "The most shocking finale ..." "The most dramatic episode." In fact, it's part of the description for tonight's BIP: "the rose ceremony comes to a shocking conclusion." Heck, they say every Bach/B-ette they hire is the most "shocking" and/or "dramatic." Doesn't make it so. (TM Jean Luc) ABC isn't going to can any of these Fleiss cash cows.

• Love 2

Per Reality Steve today.....

I was told last Wednesday that Peter is going to be the “Bachelor” and that the announcement would be coming soon. An hour later Fleiss went crazy on Twitter that’s continued through last night doing stupid polls, dropping hints, saying it’ll be shocking, gauging the audience’s reaction yada yada yada. Of course every time Fleiss tweets anything remotely cryptic, I’m the one that feels the brunt of it since everyone comes running to me asking what to make of it. There’s a reason I never addressed any of his tweets from Wednesday through Sunday. There was nothing to address. It’s his show. He loves drawing attention to it any way he can and that’s what he did. What I tweeted Wednesday, then again reiterated Sunday, is the same thing I’ll say today. I was told the “Bachelor” will be Peter and that the announcement is coming soon. I don’t know when. Could come as early as today. Could come in two weeks. I don’t know what their plan is. But considering they usually have that announcement on either a Bachelor related show (last two years it was done on “After Paradise” which is extinct this year), or ABC related programming (GMA, Kimmel, or DWTS), I would expect that’s where it’ll come from this season. Considering filming starts in about 2 ½ weeks, I would expect the announcement shortly.

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Of course every time Fleiss tweets anything remotely cryptic, I’m the one that feels the brunt of it since everyone comes running to me asking what to make of it.

Only reality Steve would complain about all the extra e-traffic he gets when the show that is his bread and butter starts trying to hype something.  God that guy is the worst.  

• Love 11
On 8/31/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mabinogia said:

I always take the other persons name out. Would I say "I's relationship?" Nope, I'd say "my relationship" so it's Rachel and my relationship. Would I say "me went on a romantic date ten feet down the beach?" No, I'd say "I went on a romantic date ten feet down the beach" okay, I would NEVER say that lol but the point is it would be Pick a Paradise Loser and I went on a date ten feet down the beach."

Lol, now I'm picturing Cookie Monster showing up on the Bachelor franchise. Might be an improvement at this point. 

I'm still fairly certain that it's a holdover from way back when, when we were kids and said stuff like "Me and Bobby are going to the park," and were corrected that, no, it should be "Bobby and I are going to the park." Somehow that seems to have translated into many people's brains as meaning that any time you refer to yourself and another person, the correct construction is "Other Person and I," regardless of context.

Except in cases where somehow, "I" seems so egregiously wrong that people substitute in "myself," which actually annoys me even more than misused "I"s...

"Me" is not a dirty word, people!

Agreed. Especially since it seems to happen most often in interviews and monologue moments when it's clear that the person is speaking very deliberately and formally in an attempt to sound more intelligent. They remember one piece of the rule and just apply it without context.

As for Peter potentially being the Bachelor, I don't really see the point. He's already been more than clear that he doesn't feel comfortable with getting engaged after a short period of time and that's what the show is. But I guess they'll stuff it with women hoping to be the one who changes his mind, glom onto any glimmer of possibility that he might actually pick someone and beat that to death on the way to another "I pick no one" ending. 

• Love 2

Or, Peter and the 'ettes will go to some exotic locale that's "perfect for falling in love," and Peter will henceforth fall in love with at least two, maybe three of the 'ettes, depending on what his contract says. My guess is, given the right amount of cash, Peter will be able to find his "troo lurve." You know, just like every other Bachelor. I just hope he drinks some caffeine or something. You know, to freaking wake him up and maybe make him just a tad interesting.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, fib said:

Only reality Steve would complain about all the extra e-traffic he gets when the show that is his bread and butter starts trying to hype something.  God that guy is the worst.  

Mike Fleiss trolls fans by tweeting that the show could be canceled. Hundreds of gullible idiots tweet and email RS in a panic, making worthwhile tweets and emails harder to find. I'd complain too.

• Love 4

I'm not a particularly big Peter fan, but I think he might be an interesting change from the recent bachelors.  My bet is that he will propose at the end, because it wasn't so much the speed of the show's pace that caused him to balk,  but that he had always promised himself he would only get engaged once and he wasn't really that sure about Rachel.  I think when the right woman comes along he will know she's his special soulmate  within a few dates.  She'll need to have good looks of course -- although I think maybe Peter wants to be the prettiest one-- but more importantly she'll need to be able to talk the sort of talk that will make Peter feel like, with her,  he will be Living His Best Life.

I could groom someone for this right now.  Have her read a few best selling "deep," books like "The Shack,"  see some Oscar nominated movies and memorize a few comments from the reviews.  Remind her to mention about how much she enjoys evenings by the fire, reading poetry  and say wine and painting nights are her idea of heaven.  Tell him that she's dated, of course, but never truly been in love because [look down and flutter eyelashes] she has yet to meet Her Person.

Bring on the smarm, bring back the fairy tale,  I'm ready!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I could groom someone for this right now.  Have her read a few best selling "deep," books like "The Shack,"  see some Oscar nominated movies and memorize a few comments from the reviews.  Remind her to mention about how much she enjoys evenings by the fire, reading poetry  and say wine and painting nights are her idea of heaven.  Tell him that she's dated, of course, but never truly been in love because [look down and flutter eyelashes] she has yet to meet Her Person.

I think you're giving Mr "Rachel and I's relationship" too much intellectual credit. :D

• Love 3

Just read that People magazine piece and its very anti Peter again.   He'd be stupid to do it as you know the big ole bus is coming for him big time, the way Fleiss probably hates him now.  

I'm all for this:

“Honestly, at this point, don’t be surprised if they start begging some single B-list actors,” the source says. “This could be a throwback to the Charlie O’Donnell and Jesse Palmer seasons, all over again.”

• Love 3

I actually thought the article was very pro-Peter and that whoever People Magazine spoke to was probably from his camp because of all the emphasis on how much he will not compromise his core values and how the producers are mad because they cannot control him, etc. It paints Peter as this super genuine guy who will not fake an engagement for the show and won't compromise on that while the producers are trying to bully him into it. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I actually thought the article was very pro-Peter and that whoever People Magazine spoke to was probably from his camp because of all the emphasis on how much he will not compromise his core values and how the producers are mad because they cannot control him, etc. It paints Peter as this super genuine guy who will not fake an engagement for the show and won't compromise on that while the producers are trying to bully him into it. 

That's not how I interpreted it. The "source" paints Peter as difficult and unpredictable - those are not desirable qualities for this show, especially seeing how Fleiss took great pains to cast only compliant leads in recent seasons. The "source" also seems to have inside knowledge of past negotiations with Nick, as well as what other candidates were or weren't considered as leads for the upcoming season, so it doesn't sound like it's someone from Peter's camp.

• Love 1

Some names being tossed around: Arie, Kenny, Jared. 

From the People mag writer Kate Coyne: I know who the next star of #TheBachelor is. Nope, not that guy. No, not that other guy, either. You. Will. Not. Believe. This. #staytuned

What if it's Brooks, who everyone was comparing Peter to this season?

Edited by TheFinalRose
6 hours ago, dom16 said:

It makes me feel so old to see all the "Who's Arie?" responses to Steve's tweet.

Me too.  It wasn't that long ago.  Sigh.    

Still plan on watching the Big O this winter but might tune in some if its Arie.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dom16 said:

It makes me feel so old to see all the "Who's Arie?" responses to Steve's tweet.

The next Bachelor season will air almost 6 years after he was on Emily's season. The low end of the 18-to-34 demo was 12. For a minute I thought "You will not believe it" meant it would be an outsider.

• Love 3

I said Arie was their best bet if negotiations with Peter fell apart. Because the fact is no one else from Rachel or JoJo's season would have worked. And goodness knows his fans have held out hope long enough. Hopefully his kissing skills have improved, lol.

The good thing about Arie is that while some may not remember him immediately, his not showing up all over the franchise helped him keep some mystery and goodwill he had from Emily's season. That said, I can't help laughing at the idea that he's just been waiting around for whenever the producers were desperate enough to call him for the role. 

I definitely think it was going to be Peter, especially when GMA first tweeted about the announcement but something happened and things fell apart. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Agreed that Arie not being all over SM for the last couple of years makes him more interesting.  I know he has SM but he hasn't been really socializing with the current crop of Bachelor show contestants.  Plus he's older so hopefully he won't be completely immature.

• Love 7

Im disappointed its not Peter. Did not care if he was boring cuz he was so damn hawt. To me, he was hottest contestant ever on this show.  And I never understood the Arie fascination. his skin on his face always looked pale and clammy like he had the flu and the kissing? He always looked like he was swallowing Emily's face off.  But if I got through Flapjack, I'll get through Arie. LOL

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 2

I love the choice of Arie.  He's older, has a real job (when not racing, he sells real estate in Arizona), and hasn't ruined himself by going on Paradise.   Looking forward to seeing who gets cast and what story board Fleiss comes up with!!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Sarah22029 said:

Why did Peter turn them down? 

I don't think we'll ever really know unless Peter decides to talk to the tabloids on what went wrong.   We might here from "sources" but can we really trust them?!?

And once again, Reality Steve missed the naming  of the Bachelor.  He tends to get that wrong but the last couple of seasons has been hard to tell what's going on as there was multiple people in the running.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

And once again, Reality Steve missed the naming  of the Bachelor. 

In fairness to him, late last night he admitted he was hearing a bunch of things and really didn't know and did say that his prediction was that it would be Arie. As I noted above, I do think when he was reporting Peter last week, that was the case. Especially after GMA tweeted they would be announcing the next lead and deleted it after. Peter was going to be the next Bachelor in my opinion and something went left in the last week. 

• Love 4

I dont think Peter turned them down.  Rumor is he was being demanding and Fleiss sought other options.  Peter posted this last night: 

This makes it seems likr he was waffling or something...
Edited by fib
  • Love 1

Ooooh, that is interesting if Peter thought he could play hardball with Fleiss.   Come on, he can't be that naive, Fleiss is notorious in LA and has no problem dumping you if he thinks you'll be a problem.  

• Love 2

Of course he was wishy washy, like he was with Rachel. No one cares, Peter- you can be replaced and you were. The meltdowns on twitter are hilarious, with people saying they won't watch this season. Suuuure, guys. Once you see Arie kissing someone against a wall, you'll be back with open arms.

I'm happy that Arie is older and mature, and hopefully he finds the girl of his dreams.

• Love 12