Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

It'll be back in no time. He said in an interview he didn't go for a complete clean shave and he's already showing some major stubble. 

I think it may depend on if Vanessa prefers the clean shaven look.  I saw that he did not have that barber clean shave, too. 

Eh, I can see the appeal of signing up to be The Bachelor despite casually dating someone at the time.  Much less a glutton for Bachelor punishment like Nick where it would be a gimme.  Was the man supposed to be sitting at home by himself, twiddling thumbs on the off chance he got a contract?

If he wasn't in a committed relationship with Jen, he wasn't obligated to say no. I'm sure he enjoyed her company but if he didn't see a future there, why not? Sometimes dating is fun even if it doesn't go anywhere. I'm sure Jen's feelings were hurt, but she probably realized they weren't a forever match too. 

Vanessa is a gorgeous woman, but I don't love this movie outfit. I do like how "normal" she looks for a date night tho! Definitely not premier minded, and heaven knows Nick has been geeked for this opening. 

• Love 1

The thing is, I don't even think Jen and Nick were in a casual dating situation. He was in LA and she was in Florida and as someone noted, despite them both flying around to different cities, they were only in the same place once. I remember many at the Bach board were excited at the possibility of them so they kept looking for clues that there was some type of relationship post-filming and simply couldn't find any. 

BIP we know is nothing like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, where the couples do very little to hide being together even before the season airs. So there was all this evidence of Grant and Lace, Amanda and Josh and Carly and Evan very publicly together while the season was airing but nothing of Nick and Jen. Honestly, the only suggestion that there might have been something was her liking just about everything he posted and liking every comment about them being cute together. But that was mostly on her end. 

And on the show itself it was clear that Nick didn't seem that into Jen. Like he liked her well enough but as awful as it sounds, she was simply too nice and normal for him. Nick likes a challenge and women with dominant personalities and that wasn't Jen. And he's stated that when asked about her. That she was a nice woman but there just wasn't a major spark there. Many took her disappointment and hurt as proof they were in this major relationship and I just don't buy it. Were they likely still in contact sure. Was she hoping it would eventually lead to something more serious, sure. 

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Vanessa is a gorgeous woman, but I don't love this movie outfit. I do like how "normal" she looks for a date night tho! Definitely not premier minded, and heaven knows Nick has been geeked for this opening. 

The funny thing is a fan posted a picture they took with her at DWTS last Monday and she looked way more movie premiere red carpet there than at the actual movie premiere red carpet. Her body was insane in the dress she was wearing. 

• Love 8

yeah, just because Jen was hoping there was a relationship there doesn't mean there was one. Just because you like everything someone posts doesn't make them your boyfriend. It was a vacation hook up, nothing more, nothing less. I mean they were together for what, a week? if even. She wasn't there from the beginning and the whole thing is pretty short anyway.

• Love 6

@truthaboutluv - I could not agree with you more. I'm sure her feelings were hurt - pride ensures that even if she wasn't particularly emotionally invested - but fans shipping a relationship doesn't mean it was there. 

This was my first year watching BIP and Nick almost seemed disappointed that they didn't spark. He liked her just fine, but nothing there of substance. 

• Love 1

Wow!

'Bachelor' Chris Soules Arrested After Fatal Crash

'Bachelor' Chris Soules is in custody after allegedly slamming into a tractor trailer, killing the driver and then fleeing the scene ... TMZ has learned.

The incident happened in Iowa Monday at 8:20 PM. According to docs, Chris was driving a Chevy pickup and rear ended a John Deere tractor trailer, sending it into a ditch. The driver was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he died.

Soules, who appeared on "The Bachelor" for season 19 in 2015, is in custody and we're told he received medical attention.

Soules was booked on the charge of leaving the scene with a death.

• Love 1

Chris Soles was arrested for hit and run which resulted in the death of the other driver

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

Didn't  he have drinking issues before? That's why they couldn't go to Canada for Kaitlyn's hometown?

Sad situation 

Just now, Artsda said:

Wow!

'Bachelor' Chris Soules Arrested After Fatal Crash

'Bachelor' Chris Soules is in custody after allegedly slamming into a tractor trailer, killing the driver and then fleeing the scene ... TMZ has learned.

The incident happened in Iowa Monday at 8:20 PM. According to docs, Chris was driving a Chevy pickup and rear ended a John Deere tractor trailer, sending it into a ditch. The driver was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he died.

Soules, who appeared on "The Bachelor" for season 19 in 2015, is in custody and we're told he received medical attention.

Soules was booked on the charge of leaving the scene with a death.

We posted at the same time!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Workslame said:

Didn't  he have drinking issues before? That's why they couldn't go to Canada for Kaitlyn's hometown?

Yeah he had multiple arrests from when he was younger and I remember at the time some defended it as his being young and stupid. Interestingly, some months back, some woman did a podcast interview with Reality Steve where she was trashing Nick and used him apparently saying in private conversations that Chris had a drinking problem, as proof of him being fake or something. I guess since he and Chris were apparently friends. Well, I'm guessing Nick might have known what he was talking about. Assuming alcohol was involved here, which I'm guessing it was.

• Love 2

Wow, Whitney's most recent viral tweet, "Why  is Chris Giving advice?" (or similar) comes to mind. 

What a tragedy.  The poor family of the tractor driver, having their family's loss plastered all over the reality tv media. 

• Love 5

So sad for the family of the deceased driver.  

As for Chris, don't know what to say.  If he indeed was driving drunk AGAIN, I hope he is prosecuted fully and not given a pass cause he is rich.  And famous.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Assuming alcohol was involved here, which I'm guessing it was.

Chris leaving the scene makes it appear that way.  I know, he could have left the scene out of panic, just saying I wouldn't be shocked if alcohol were in fact involved.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

People mag says he hasn't been changed with driving under the influence:

http://people.com/crime/bachelor-chris-soules-arrested-deadly-car-crash/

But that doesn't mean that he still could be.  I'm sure the Police/DA are going slow with their decisions.  

It depends on the state.  I'm not familiar with Iowa's specific laws.  I know in other states, leaving the scene of the crime has as harsh or harsher punishments as drunk driving because it's a lot easier for the cops to prove someone ran then it is to prove they were drinking.  Especially if they don't catch up to them for two or three days and there's no more BAC.

But from what I've read so far Chris was recognized at the scene, alcohol was found on scene, and he sought medical attention pretty quickly.  So there's a possibility the cops have a good blood sample to prove he was drunk around the time of the crash.  If there is proof like bar receipts or eyewitness accounts that Chris was drinking before the accident, they should be able to charge him with drunk driving and vehicular manslaughter.

• Love 1

While I fully agree with the idea that leaving the scene of an accident might generally indicate alcohol involvement (in fact, in texas, they have changed the laws so this has the same penalty, assuming that most hit and runs involve alcohol), I will happily await the results of the investigation for 3 reasons: 

1) This occurred in rural iowa.  Who knows if there was cell reception.  There is a (slim) chance that Chris left to get help. 

2) One article indicated that Chris apparently needed medical attention too, so maybe that's why he left.  (I know that in rural car accidents, the delay in getting medical care is a factor in the chance of survival of the involved). 

3) He hit a John Deere tractor.  At night.  Not a great time for a slow moving, large, poorly lit vehicle to be moving on the roads. (I say this is full recognition that it my statement has a good chance of coming across as victim blaming.) IThere is a chance, though, that because of this, Chris may not be as fully to blame as the headline of a "rear end, flee the scene at night, history of alcohol problems" might initially appear.  

So, I will reserve judgement until there is more info. BUt it is not looking good for Chris.  At All.  

Edited by fib
Because when you have 3 bullet point, you should recognize you have 3 reasons :-)
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, fib said:

I say this is full recognition that it my statement has a good chance of coming across as victim blaming

For what it's worth, it didn't come across to me as assigning blame.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

If he indeed was driving drunk AGAIN, I hope he is prosecuted fully and not given a pass cause he is rich.  And famous.

Rich maybe. Famous? In his deluded dreams. 

I know I should reserve judgment before details emerge, innocent until proven guilty blah, blah but seriously. What a piece of shit. 

So sorry for the deceased and his family and friends. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fib said:

I will reserve judgement until there is more info. BUt it is not looking good for Chris.  At All.  

I agree.  Given what happened with Erin Moran, I think we should withhold judgement until all the facts are in.  

• Love 2

I just heard on the news that Chris Soules is in jail for the deadly crash; you guys all beat me to it. The accident was outside of Aurora, Iowa, where Chris has a farm. The Des Moines Register reports that the tractor rolled into the east ditch, Chris's truck into the west ditch. Chris then left the scene ON FOOT, so yeah, he's busted but good, that's not what someone does who is not guilty. He's being held on $10,000 bond, and his "publicist" is not taking calls. The tractor was a 2640 John Deere, not that it matters since tractors have lights. My farmer delivers hay at night and his tractor lights up my entire property when he drives in. Soules is a farmer and knows not to speed on rural county roads, especially now when farmers are out in the field until well after dark this time of year. Although I ASSUME he knows he should not be drunk driving, too. I hope he gets the book thrown at him and does time plus restitution. (Although I can see his rich family bailing him out.) I'm betting he probably knows the farmer he killed.

Just as a side note, Chris lives not too far from me, and I'm on a farm and well-familiar with farm life, farmers, tractors and field work. AND cell reception in a corn field, which is basically where I live. (Although I do have a house ... and lots of barns.)

Soules deserves to roast IMO. I'm not withholding judgement on this event.

• Love 15

ITA, Saber5055. There's enough information about this now for me to feel okay about judging him. This is really terrible and he deserves punishment--if he caused the accident and then didn't even help the man who later died (who knows? Maybe if Chris hadn't run away, some kind of emergency action could have saved his life. Chris apparently didn't even bother to check.)

It's been rumored a long time that he had a big drinking problem. The empty "containers" (probably beer cans) may have been from earlier times, or not.  At first, I assumed maybe he was trying to pass someone on a two-lane road and hit someone when getting back over. But ramming a tractor-trailer from behind (they're lit) so hard that it goes into a ditch, makes it seem like recklessness, drunk driving and speeding.

A man died because of him. I don't think he's a horrible person, so I assume he feels terrible about that responsibility and will feel even worse when he realizes the family and friends the man leaves behind. Of course, there's not much Chris can do about it at this point except apologize and show remorse, take the consequences legally and financially and eventually try to clean up and perhaps try to help others to realize the importance of not drinking and driving--AND not ever leaving the scene of an accident.   

• Love 4

They may be waiting to charge him with a DUI until the lab results come back from the victim.  He could have been drinking or on drugs and maybe without lights.  Not that, that would negate his blood alcohol level, just thinking they are not charging him until they have all of the facts.  And maybe he hadn't been drinking.  Rumors are flying at this stage of the game. 

I find it strange that he would be accused of leaving the scene if he was on foot.  It may come out that he was seeking help.  You cannot run away and hide leaving your smashed car there. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I'm going to watch this with interest.  There is nothing illegal about having alcohol containers in your car, unless you are drinking from them. (How else am I supposed to get my wine home so I can get drunk watching this show!)

I live In texas, where it is not unheard of for people who lose their Drivers Licenses (due to multiple dui) have been known to use tractors to get around the law against operating a vehicle. (There are allowances for farm vehicles on county roads here).  

Tractors have lights, sure.  But they have to be turned on. 

People who are dazed because they hit the steeringwheel when they crash do things they might not do (like leavingthe scene of a crash) under normal circumstances (or sober).  

All that said, this is a LOT of ifs.  I assume that he was arrested because there is a lot of evidence that looks even worse for him than what is filtering out so far.  And since he got treatment, I assume the Docs took a bac test.  This does NOT look good for Chris.  

Edited by fib
Spelling and clarity
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, thehepburn said:

In one of his 13 previous arrests, he has left the scene before. I doubt he was just looking for help. Especially since there were witnesses there who were able to ID him.

Interesting.  Witnesses, hmmm.   

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I find it strange that he would be accused of leaving the scene if he was on foot.  It may come out that he was seeking help.  You cannot run away and hide leaving your smashed car there. 

If he was under the influence, maybe it made sense.  Trying not to judge until all the facts are in, but it's hard not to.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

If he was under the influence, maybe it made sense.  Trying not to judge until all the facts are in, but it's hard not to.

Yeah.  Media appears ready to roast him. I dont foresee a lot of Chris being featured in future Bachelor shows in the near future.  Maybe Dr Phil and Celebrity Rehab, though

12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yeah...from USA Today:

According to court documents, the general probable cause for Soules' charge — a Class D felony punishable by up to five years in prison — included possession of alcoholic beverages/containers, admissions/statements, property damage, and being identified by witnesses.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:
16 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yeah...from USA Today:

According to court documents, the general probable cause for Soules' charge — a Class D felony punishable by up to five years in prison — included possession of alcoholic beverages/containers, admissions/statements, property damage, and being identified by witnesses.

Admissions/statements.  Interesting even more!   The photo looked like it was a desolate road but maybe not.  Sounds like the crash signaled homeowners to come to the accident immediately.  

22 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I know!  I already have a scenario, in my head of how it all went down. 

• Love 1

The whole thing about witnesses... he may not be a "star", but he's recognizable to millions of people... especially around his home town.  This time, his Bachelor fame will be working against him, big time, if he did anything unwise such run away from the scene... or if the cops try to find out where/when the alcohol containers in his vehicle were purchased.   

And just to be sure he'd be extra recognizable, the t-shirt he is wearing in his mug-shot (which I assume is the one he wore at the time of the accident) has his name on it.  Check out the photo.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-alum-chris-soules-arrested-after-fatal-crash-w478740

Edited by DEL901
add link
  • Love 1

LOL at the suggestion that the tractor did not have lights or lights turned on. The killed farmer was seen working in his field and was on his way home. You don't work in a field w/o lights, nor drive home w/o them either. I live in farm country and it's literally pitch black outside at night when there is no moon or heavy clouds. As I posted previously, a tractor at night lights up a wide area; they remind me of space ships, lots of lights, makes me think of X-Files. I'd also put all my $$ on there being good cell reception that close to Aurora. Even country folks have modern technology to stay in touch. This is local news for me, so I'll be hearing lots of local chatter.

Good link for that mug shot, DEL901. All the other posting, including the one shown on my local news, has "Soules" cropped away. Not sure what that means ...

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Video of CS in court. I am glad that he will be monitored and his passport handed in.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/one-dead-in-buchanan-county-crash

I could barely hear it but this is from the article beneath the video. 

Soules' preliminary hearing is set for May 2nd. The Buchanan County Attorney says before law enforcement could get to the scene, Soules had allegedly left the scene. They later found the vehicle at a home that Soules was present at. It took hours to get a search warrant to get Soules out of the home. 

The County Attorney says he has not been cooperative with law enforcement. 

Court documents say alcoholic beverages or containers were at the scene of deadly crash. 

Soules's bail is set at $10,000 bond. 

28 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

LOL at the suggestion that the tractor did not have lights or lights turned on. The killed farmer was seen working in his field and was on his way home. You don't work in a field w/o lights, nor drive home w/o them either

I said that and was just thinking out loud about things that may have happened.  At that time there was no information about the farmer working and headed home.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

It took hours to get a search warrant to get Soules out of the home. 

I'm sorry, this part of the KWWL story is just beyond belief.  So not only did Chris run away, he hid out and then refused to cooperate!??!   Just awful behavior.  And behavior of someone who had something to hide. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I'm sorry, this part of the KWWL story is just beyond belief.  So not only did Chris run away, he hid out and then refused to cooperate!??!   Just awful behavior.  And behavior of someone who had something to hide. 

It's also a way to avoid the DUI charge - You go home, upset, have a drink to "calm your nerves."  then when they test your blood alcohol, you say it's because you drank AFTER the accident. 

He was probably on the phone figuring out his options.  Keep in mind at that point, he didn't know the other driver died.

I also recall during his season,  Chris was frequently drinking whiskey. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Soules' preliminary hearing is set for May 2nd. The Buchanan County Attorney says before law enforcement could get to the scene, Soules had allegedly left the scene. They later found the vehicle at a home that Soules was present at.

So then was it incorrect that he fled by foot?  Or he fled by foot, returned to the truck, and drove to this other home?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, fib said:

Yeah, I'm going to watch this with interest.  There is nothing illegal about having alcohol containers in your car, unless you are drinking from them.

It's legal if they haven't been opened.  But open container laws like those in Texas and Iowa prohibit containers that have been opened and have any amount of alcohol in them anywhere in the passenger compartment of the vehicle.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So then was it incorrect that he fled by foot?  Or he fled by foot, returned to the truck, and drove to this other home?

I don't know who first reported that he fled on foot but the reports from today's court appearance seem to be that he drove away from the scene and he and his truck were found at this house, where Chris refused to cooperate with authorities who then had to get a search warrant.

http://people.com/crime/chris-soules-deadly-car-crash-bachelor-star-refused-to-leave-home-allegedly-had-alcohol/

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

I wonder how long it took him to get his truck out of the ditch ...  

The DesMoines Register has published his history of arrests involving alcohol/vehicles:

*  In 2005, Soules was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, first offense, in Fayette County and received a one-year probation, according to court documents. He was discharged in January 2007.

*  In 2001, the year leading up to his 21st birthday, Soules was charged three times with possession of alcohol under age, once in Webster County and twice in Buchanan County. That year, he also pleaded guilty and paid a fine for an open container citation in Buchanan County.

*  In 2002, he received a citation for fighting and noise to which he pleaded guilty; a citation for unlawful use of a license, to which he pleaded guilty; and a citation for leaving the scene, which was amended down to defective brakes and resulted in a fine.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I don't know who first reported that he fled on foot but the reports from today's court appearance seem to be that he drove away from the scene and he and his truck were found at this house, where Chris refused to cooperate with authorities who then had to get a search warrant.

http://people.com/crime/chris-soules-deadly-car-crash-bachelor-star-refused-to-leave-home-allegedly-had-alcohol/

I just read an article in the Des Moines Register.  I guess the fled on foot thing is because that article states that "Both vehicles were taken from the site by Roadside Towing of Winthrop."  The People article clearly states that he and his vehicle were at a home (although according to the Des Moines Register he was at his home).  Not meaning to get nitpicky about the details, I just find it interesting that there are already conflicting stories in the media.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/04/25/collision-leaves-tractor-driver-dead-buchanan-county-aurora-iowa/306262001/

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3