Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

I hope it's a choose the bachelor season. Arie is a nope nope, hell no! In the looks department for me. And I've read the disgusting stories for years. No way this guy was any more ready to settle down than Peter. Peter must have really demanded some extreme stuff and Arie just prob agreed to play stooge. honestly this season is already a total shit show and filming hasn't even begun. Lol

• Love 3

Lots o' news out there but I'll pick this one

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-arie-luyendyk-jr-was-still-dating-someone-two-nights-ahead-bachelor-announcement-source

It says a lot about this current recent crop that they had to go back to 2012 to find someone. Arie was quite well liked when Emily season aired, if I recall?

Since I watch for the wrong reasons, and I don't find him that attractive I'll probably enjoy his season since my pure snark can come back. I really liked both Nick and Rachel so these back to back seasons have been hard for me. The feeling of sincerity! Ewwww!

• Love 1

LegalEagle, thanks for the learning-Dutch tip for my season. I mean, for Arie's season with me on it. I'm Swedish, so that's close, and everyone (but me) is Dutch for miles around where I live. So dank je for the tip, it will be gemakkelijk to find a teacher. And JenE4, you flatter me. I will need everyone's help here for what to wear that first night, and what trick I need getting out of the limo. I hope no one is wearing a windmill hat and carrying tulips. Maybe I'll do that ... except then my avatar will be Windmill Head. (Which means producers hate me.)

I would totally be into driving race cars with Arie. I even know someone I can borrow a fire suit from.

• Love 8

I'm betting the new "shock" is something like some of Nicks girl's will be on Arie's season, or Andi shows up.  I certainly don't see them bringing Peter into anything as he seems to be completely out.  Maybe they've changed mansions.  Or plan to include some competitions between the ladies. 

Fleiss is a brainless dick, so no matter what it is, I doubt it will be earth shattering or truly revolutionary.  Maybe exploitative and skanky though. 

• Love 9

And so it begins.  All the Arie haters are going to start coming out of the woodwork.  My advice is that if you don't like him, then don't watch his season.  Worked for me with Andi, Kaitlin and Nick.  Reality Steve especially, always had an irrational hatred for Arie.  But then again, RL hates all handsome, rich guys, because he is the complete opposite.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

And so it begins.  All the Arie haters are going to start coming out of the woodwork.  My advice is that if you don't like him, then don't watch his season.  Worked for me with Andi, Kaitlin and Nick.  Reality Steve especially, always had an irrational hatred for Arie.  But then again, RL hates all handsome, rich guys, because he is the complete opposite.

And so it begins.  All the Arie lovers are going to start coming out of the woodwork.  My advice is if you really like him, then don't get upset when the snark begins and just ignore it.   There's no law that says we haters can't watch the show. ; ) 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I will need everyone's help here for what to wear that first night, and what trick I need getting out of the limo.

18 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

How about a beautiful long gown with a big cardboard brick wall attached to your back.  Just in case he wants to kiss you.

Saber, I was going to say dress like a Dutch milkmaid and bring some gouda for you both to snack on, but Judy's suggestion is so much better.

• Love 2

Chris Soules. Ben Flapjack. Juan Pablo < Arie.  

I'm enjoying Peter's regret. Even his mom said Peter was into having a family, but not necessarily into marriage. It's like Maya Angelou says, "The first time someone shows you who they are believe them." I really think the uber reluctant Peter we saw with Rachel (from the first one-on-one date on) is the real deal. I can just imagine the hemming and hawing he would have gone through for each decision. He may be a classic overthinker, which is fine for real life but bad for trash tv.

• Love 8

I always saw Reality Steve treat Arie exactly the same way he treated the other wannabe leads that were desperate to be in the limelight and wanted a shot at 25 women.  Including talking about their past sexual shenanigans with young girls, cheating on "girlfriends", pretending to be looking for committed relationships, etc.  He said the same things about Nick, Sean, Luke Pell, Robby and a host of others.  

He's also said repeatedly that since he doesn't actually KNOW these people, he doesn't HATE them.  Talking about them and what they do is just his job.  

Juan Pablo spoke Spanish to his family when the ladies were visiting him.  My best friend is Cuban and she swears that she doesn't always realize when she lapses into Spanish in conversations with groups of people that include those that do and don't speak the language.  Maybe Arie's family is so accustomed to having cameras around that they forget not everybody can understand them when they lapse into Dutch. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I'm betting the new "shock" is something like some of Nicks girl's will be on Arie's season, or Andi shows up.  I certainly don't see them bringing Peter into anything as he seems to be completely out.  Maybe they've changed mansions.  Or plan to include some competitions between the ladies. 

Fleiss is a brainless dick, so no matter what it is, I doubt it will be earth shattering or truly revolutionary.  Maybe exploitative and skanky though. 

I'm thinking that too. Rehashing old contestants has been the show's MO in its recent seasons, just for the "shock" factor. But eh, whatever. I bet if Fleiss cannot coral the twins, he'll go get Corrine instead. Maybe this time she'll step out of the limo with nanny in tow.

Or maybe a past "winner" shows up, like Courtney. Heh.

I don't think anyone really goes into the lead star of The Bachelor as relatively "clean", so to speak. I mean, these guys were past Bachelorette contestants, who lasted long enough on the show that they get enough public recognition. Of course there will be some women who will throw themselves at them, and I don't see any guy not enjoying or not wanting that kind of attention. Even the "golden boys" such as Sean Lowe and Ben Higgins had some sort of nasty rumors/stories attached to them right before they were announced as the lead. 

• Love 3
On 9/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, Suzysite said:

Arie will be a good Bachelor.  I just hope they haven't waited too long and people will tune out because they don't know/remember him. 

My coworkers all said who's Arie, so I could see this.

15 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I don't think anyone really goes into the lead star of The Bachelor as relatively "clean", so to speak. I mean, these guys were past Bachelorette contestants, who lasted long enough on the show that they get enough public recognition. Of course there will be some women who will throw themselves at them, and I don't see any guy not enjoying or not wanting that kind of attention. Even the "golden boys" such as Sean Lowe and Ben Higgins had some sort of nasty rumors/stories attached to them right before they were announced as the lead. 

All that is true, plus in Arie's case he'd also dated one of the show's producer's before Emily's season. Emily was really upset when she found out, and I still believe that was the reason she didn't pick him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

LegalEagle, thanks for the learning-Dutch tip for my season. I mean, for Arie's season with me on it. I'm Swedish, so that's close, and everyone (but me) is Dutch for miles around where I live. So dank je for the tip, it will be gemakkelijk to find a teacher.

Graag gedaan (or varsågod, if you prefer Swedish)!  :)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

How about a beautiful long gown with a big cardboard brick wall attached to your back.  Just in case he wants to kiss you.

And "little Dutch girl" wooden shoes. Nothing flatters a woman like big clunky wooden shoes. Arie will swoon when he sees you, Sab.

• Love 5
On 8/19/2017 at 1:38 PM, CalamityBoPeep said:

No, me too. The silver lining for me, if he's really not the next bachelor, is that I have no interest in seeing any of the other guys whose names are being tossed around, so maybe I can finally quit this show. If I don't want to watch the next bachelor, then I won't want to watch the next bachelorette, and on and on. I'd be free!

The only way they'd suck me back in, at this point is if they went with Brad 3.0 or Arie, instead of Peter. LOL (And you gotta admit... Brad 3.0 would be kind of hilarious.)

Guess you're sucked back in!! 

I would love Brad 3.0...his chomping on a sandwich with Deanna's season in the background is still one of my favorite bachelor moments. Ah, the bloopers reel. Almost makes the show worth watching.

• Love 8
On 9/7/2017 at 9:15 AM, CindyBee said:

And once again, Reality Steve missed the naming  of the Bachelor.

As truthaboutluv said, his final prediction was Arie. This seems to be one of the strangest Bachelor searches ever, and culminated in a last minute choice. There was only one strong candidate from Rachel's season, and he had serious reservations about the show's central premise. Eric didn't have the following (or there was another reason...). Luke Pell would have been an option if they hadn't dumped him at the 11th hour last year for being hard to negotiate with. Who knows if beta-male Wells was an actual candidate. Jared? Ehh.

Who knows when the call was made. Tuesday? Maybe even the day before? RS did as well as possible under these unusual circumstances.

nutty1 said:

There is some nasty stuff being circulated out there. Of course, Reality Steve started it.

That Reddit thread began 89 days ago.

Maybe Arie's family is so accustomed to having cameras around that they forget not everybody can understand them when they lapse into Dutch.

They translated/subtitled what Astrid (German) and Vanessa (French) said to Nick during their introductions. Maybe they found a Dutch speaker to translate what the Luyendyks said, but it turned out to be nothing interesting? ??‍♂️

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I will need everyone's help here for what to wear that first night, and what trick I need getting out of the limo. I hope no one is wearing a windmill hat and carrying tulips. Maybe I'll do that ... except then my avatar will be Windmill Head. (Which means producers hate me.)

This is fantastic. I'm going to have to up my game when I step out of the limo. I just want Arie to push me up against a wall at, like, any point in time, but night 1 works for me, so I like JudyObscure's idea because then you'll be readily handy with your cardboard gown. Can we be frienemies in the house (like secret friends but start lots of fun drama for the cameras) so that the producers will make Arie keep us around longer?

AND I'm in the midst of a breakup, so Arie and I can both talk about how we ended our relationships just in time to find everlasting love on TV! I see this working out well. Although, I'm 28 so maybe I'm too old for him. I can lie about that.

• Love 13

Well, it looks like the three ladies that Arie is going to take to the Fantasy Suites will have the best ride (heh) of their lives. From Courtney's book:

He was hesitant for a millisecond, but then we headed into my childhood bedroom, into my canopy bed, for what can only be described as the best sex I’ve ever had,” she continued. “Why was it so good you ask? Arie’s incredibly passionate and utilizes his entire body in his lovemaking. And he knows exactly what positions make a woman feel comfortable and satisfied.”

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, kalibean said:

Guess you're sucked back in!! 

I would love Brad 3.0...his chomping on a sandwich with Deanna's season in the background is still one of my favorite bachelor moments. Ah, the bloopers reel. Almost makes the show worth watching.

It really is the Hotel California, isn't it???

Damn. Guess I'm watching. LOL 

Brad's sandwich bit was all kinds of awesome. That, his facial expressions reacting to the craziness of the show, and his initial rejection of both of his final two made him rank at the very top of my all time favorite bachelors list. 

• Love 9
On 9/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, fib said:

So much nicer of a take than Rachel "none of my top four should be the Bachelor" Lindsay. 

The season was still airing when she made the statement.  If she answered, then she would have given away who was eliminated.      I took it as a general statement as to not give away who she eliminated.  She could have said any of them could make a good bachelor, which would be a good response from a public relations stand point.  However, that is not who Rachel is, as she has demonstrated so far.   She won't make up a BS answer for anyone. Based on what I have seen post season, none of them would make a good bachelor other than Bryan, but he is now taken.

• Love 3

Already this thread is the best one on PTV and Arie's season hasn't even started filming yet! Jade.black, it will be THE BEST to have company in the house, and yes, let's team up to cause ... whatever ... so TPTB keep us around longer. Because I will need that extra time so Arie "gets to know me" so he will give me that Neil Lane ring when he proposes in The Netherlands. Meanwhile, I get first dibs on Judy's limo-exiting wear, the brick wall attached to my back. Wow, GREAT idea, and one that made me LOL for a long time. (Mainly because of the images in my brain, yowzer, nice.) Which reminds me: People have posted that Arie was a sloppy kisser. No way. I remember him as being a full-contact kisser, using his hands in all the best ways, while every other bachelor sits with hands in lap while they kiss. BORING! And Arie was/is anything but a boring kisser. I guess Courtney agrees. And now, based on what she says, I have to make sure I last until Fantasy Suite week AT LEAST. Thanks everyone, for your support!

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Already this thread is the best one on PTV and Arie's season hasn't even started filming yet! Jade.black, it will be THE BEST to have company in the house, and yes, let's team up to cause ... whatever ... so TPTB keep us around longer. Because I will need that extra time so Arie "gets to know me" so he will give me that Neil Lane ring when he proposes in The Netherlands. Meanwhile, I get first dibs on Judy's limo-exiting wear, the brick wall attached to my back. Wow, GREAT idea, and one that made me LOL for a long time. (Mainly because of the images in my brain, yowzer, nice.) Which reminds me: People have posted that Arie was a sloppy kisser. No way. I remember him as being a full-contact kisser, using his hands in all the best ways, while every other bachelor sits with hands in lap while they kiss. BORING! And Arie was/is anything but a boring kisser. I guess Courtney agrees. And now, based on what she says, I have to make sure I last until Fantasy Suite week AT LEAST. Thanks everyone, for your support!

YES! You last until the FS date and you come back and spill all the details here!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Earlfor1 said:

Based on what I have seen post season, none of them would make a good bachelor other than Bryan, but he is now taken.

I would agree, but I would say based on what we saw throughout her season and since then, none would be a good bachelor:  Dean is too young and in need of therapy.  Eric isn't accomplished enough, and I don't think the show is looking for a black bachelor yet.  Peter is too boring, and possibly too dumb.  Bryan is too smarmy.  

#TeamPeter - I'm glad he's not the bachelor.  This way I dont have to start to hate him.   

Edited by fib
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I need to make Fantasy Suites too (for... research) so we'll have to think of something good. I can get all the girls calling you Windmill Head like on BIP and they will jump on board like grade schoolers. Arie was easily the best kisser I have seen on this franchise! Hand on the face, slow, sexy, smooth. Damn, there is a montage video out there for any doubters! You can have the proposal, I can settle for being next Bachelorette with 25 men (I will request they all resemble Arie and Jef) and an extra round the world trip. Looking forward to working with you, Saber! ;-)

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 3

Long time no post, as in, possibly, not since TWOP.

http://people.com/tv/former-bachelor-contestant-sharleen-joynt-marries-andy-levine/

I saw this while following links about Arie's ex-gf.

BTW, all this talk of "more Corinnes" makes me think of how, if she had brought her "au pair" to paradise, she would at least have been chaperoned constantly, and crisis might have been averted.  "Bachelor Au Pair-adise", anyone?  The au pair might well have had more personality than some of the contestants, plus she, like Wells, would have to avoid messy cast entanglements, adding to drama.  Interaction between au pair and Corinne might also prove insightful, as they have history.

I recall Arie's Dad as being the most interesting family member.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Arie is neither , really handsome or that rich..

• Love 7

Saber, when you arrive in your windmill hat, you obviously have to say, "Arie, you blow me away!" But I do think Judy's wall idea can't be beat!

We need the full powers of Previously to script the rivalry between Saber and Jade because if you leave it up to producer "help," well, we definitely don't want another Scallop Fingers debacle or lame Whaaaaboom/Blake thing. It needs to be epic. Is one of you willing to drop Arie for Harrison? You're both at the FRC, but one of you needs to turn Arie down and push Harrison against the wall! The Most Dramatic Moment in Bachelor History.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Is one of you willing to drop Arie for Harrison? You're both at the FRC, but one of you needs to turn Arie down and push Harrison against the wall! The Most Dramatic Moment in Bachelor History.

Ha! I'd do it just for the TV gold and to see the look on CH's face. However, it also might inhibit opportunities for future franchise redemption arcs and my own male harem on Bachelorette. How can we get access to wifi/devices at the Bach Mansion to collaborate with the full Previously forum? We might need one of you to join the filming crew.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, jade.black said:

How can we get access to wifi/devices at the Bach Mansion to collaborate with the full Previously forum? We might need one of you to join the filming crew.

I can apply to be a producer. The show must be short one after they fired Corinne's producer BFF.

• Love 10

I think they need to shake up the the premise a little. Two bachelors vying for the same group of girls would be a little more interesting (instead of them picking one Bachelor after the first night). Maybe have each of them have half the number of roses (so the same total number get eliminated every week), and maybe two guys will be vying for the few decent girls out there. I may tune in for that.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Saber, when you arrive in your windmill hat, you obviously have to say, "Arie, you blow me away!" But I do think Judy's wall idea can't be beat!

We need the full powers of Previously to script the rivalry between Saber and Jade because if you leave it up to producer "help," well, we definitely don't want another Scallop Fingers debacle or lame Whaaaaboom/Blake thing. It needs to be epic. Is one of you willing to drop Arie for Harrison? You're both at the FRC, but one of you needs to turn Arie down and push Harrison against the wall! The Most Dramatic Moment in Bachelor History.

You need to be bffs but still have to decide which of you will graciously yet sadly take the F3 fall (and become the next Bachelorette), causing Arie to tear up as he walks you to the black SUV and longingly watch it drive away and which wants to outlast that bitchy mean girl who will be F2 and sneaks into his room right before the final rose ceremony but whom he sees right through and throws out before taking a knee to slip the Neal Lane ring on and proposing to you! Of course after a short bittersweet broken engagement you too can be the Bachelorette, but only after F3 has a stint at it.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, chocolatine said:

All that is true, plus in Arie's case he'd also dated one of the show's producer's before Emily's season. Emily was really upset when she found out, and I still believe that was the reason she didn't pick him.

Could be. I totally forgot about that part. And yes, now that you mentioned it, they did address it during the season. But I also thought the main reason Emily went for Jef was that Emily liked the chase. Arie was just gaga over her, and Emily could tell.

Man, looking back at Emily's season, she had a great good-looking crop of guys. I think one of the best ones as a group, looks-wise. The ugliest group for me was JoJo's. 

• Love 3

I also think that Emily knew she wasn't going to marry anybody, so she picked Jef as the easiest one to blow off after the required short engagement.  Arie would have been tougher, as I think she was more attracted to him & actually liked him better.  

• Love 5

JenE4, your "You blow me away" is the funniest thing yet, I almost fell off my chair when I read it. I will combine the windmill hat and your line with Judy's brick wall which, w/o a doubt, will make mine TheMostDrahMatic b-ette entrance ever, and of course I will get First Kiss ... in that driveway! I will have to do some homework on Arie though, since I doubt he goes for chicks who wear Crocs and flannel shirts, hair in ponytail and makeup that can fit in a Ziploc sandwich bag. I will need lessons on how to be Courtney-esque which I will practice along with my Dutch language lessons. I pass on making a pass at CH though, as he and I are the same height, so jade.black, that's your task. (After Arie dumps you. Ha ha!) I gotta go all out for the 6 ft. 2 Arie. I'm aiming for the Neil Lane ring, and am completely okay with the heartbreak that will happen three to six months later. During that time, however, I plan to keep Mr. Luyenkyk Jr. very busy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I will need lessons on how to be Courtney-esque

Repeat the old chestnut "I am not here to make friends" when the other women don't like you. To get rid of the one who is the most competition you have to say "she's not here for the right reasons" or accuse her of having a serious boyfriend at home.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

....chicks who wear Crocs and flannel shirts, hair in ponytail and makeup that can fit in a Ziploc sandwich bag.  

Just be sure to have another ziploc chockful of the fakest of fakety fake fake eyelashes and you're all set!

• Love 2

LOL Chocolatine, that skinny-dipping-at-night beach scene is all I remember about Courtney. That was a real first for this franchise. Didn't she do the "fake wedding" thing too? But I think Arie will be more impressed with the beach-at-night scenario more than the "let's get fake married in this orchard" thing. Thanks guys, for the tips!

Yes to the fakety fake eyelashes, MakesMeLaugh. Although I'll be the first b-ette ever w/o hair extensions. Well, in recent memory anyway. Maybe I'll bring some, just in case ...

13 hours ago, waving feather said:

If Rachel and Bryan doesn't work out, I would love to see him as the Bachelor. He would be old but he looks young for his age. He looks younger than Arie or even Peter. And he's confident (or smarmy). I like this kind of Bachelor, rather than the aw shucks type.

I agree that confidence is key.  People who are blown away by the attention make a terrible lead.  That said, confidence is second only to the ability to express oneself.  And Bryan is not the best at communicating.  

14 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Arie is cute.  I'm a sucker for blue eyes. 

Arie is cute, but pales in comparison to his dad at a similar age, who to me looks like Mick Jagger without the weird mouth (Sacrilege, I know): http://people.com/sports/arie-luyendyk-bachelor-father-racing-career/ thouse eyes, though.  

2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I also think that Emily knew she wasn't going to marry anybody, so she picked Jef as the easiest one to blow off after the required short engagement.  Arie would have been tougher, as I think she was more attracted to him & actually liked him better.  

I've heard Emily told Jef not to propose, but he ignored her and she was pissed.  I believe this, since she repeatedly said she didnt want to be the person with 3 failed engagements and no marriages.  (Ricki's dad, Brad, and Jef).  

My contribution to the Arie seduction? Instead of stepping out of the limo... A remote control car flies around the limo and zooms right up to Arie.  A note is attached, saying "Baby you can drive my car!" Then, you step out of the limo, wearing a dress that resembles a checkered flag as closely as possible.  

• Love 10

Dress as a sexy pit crew girl and tell him you're here to give him a lube job. When you get in the mansion brag about it to the other girls. They'll hate you. You'll be the slutty villain and production will start setting up special items for you to seduce him with. You will be there until the end for sure. 

• Love 19

Mabinogia, your idea is hilarious, plus gave me my entrance. I come roaring up in an Indy car (same number as Arie's, or Arie's dad), and do a spin-out donut in the driveway, tires smoking. I step out in a bright-red fire suit, complete with helmet, visor down. I take a Domino's pizza (in a box) out of the car and take it over to Arie. "Special delivery." He takes the pizza while I take off the helmet and shake out my long (okay, maybe some extensions) strawberry blonde hair and bat my (fake) eyelashes at him. Then I say, "Help me out of this, would you?" and Arie unzips my suit (while I swoon, but whatever) and I step out wearing a snugly fitting checkered-flag gown. Then I say, "Got a tip for the pizza-delivery girl?" and grab him by his hair and let him plant an Arie Special on my lips. Then I say, "Let me know when you are ready for a lube job." And I go into the mansion without telling him my name. (Where production has set up a fake brick wall for later in the evening. Judy knows what I mean.)

When I go inside, I brag to all the women who are just standing around looking lost and dorky, just like Mabinogia said. Yes, they will hate me big time! Well, everyone except jade.black, who is in on it with me. We will last through many rose ceremonies. BOO-yah!

Okay, I’m not doing any more entrance scenarios because I know prospecitive b-ettes will be readin here and will steal our ideas and our Arie. Who, BTW, is going to look like his dad when he’s old. Yummy! That’s worth a wait.

• Love 8