Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

A new ad (I think for car insurance?) just cracks me up. A group of people are standing, clearly panicked, fleeing some pursuer.

"Should we run to the basement?" one says.

"Why can't we just get in the running car?" replies a girl among them. A shot of said car is seen, clearly in working order.

"Don't be crazy," guy answers. "Let's hide in the chainsaws!"

Tagline: "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad decisions. Don't make bad decisions, choose x insurance!"

Don't forget someone yelling "Head for the cemetary!" when they're running away at the end.

• Love 8

A new ad (I think for car insurance?) just cracks me up. A group of people are standing, clearly panicked, fleeing some pursuer.

"Should we run to the basement?" one says.

"Why can't we just get in the running car?" replies a girl among them. A shot of said car is seen, clearly in working order.

"Don't be crazy," guy answers. "Let's hide in the chainsaws!"

Tagline: "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad decisions. Don't make bad decisions, choose x insurance!"

Yeah, I love that it's the 'dumb' blonde making the smartest suggestion.

• Love 4

No that's not Rose McGowan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv-dIUP9oc

I like this commercial with the poor decisions that people in horror films are known to make stupid decisions from not taking the running car and instead going to the barn with the hanging chainsaws and then running to the cemetary. Brought back classic 80's and 90's slasher films which I loved watching growing up. I'm really not a fan of Geico commercials but I like this one.

• Love 6

Geico's done it again. The way the woman dressed in scrubs is looking at this guy cracks me up.

I love this commercial. I think it's one of the better Geico ones, those the top will always be Abe Lincoln being honest.

• Love 2

Really? Ickey is a bit annoying to me. I like the horror movie one above ("let's hide behind the chainsaws!") and of course, honest Abe "Does this make my backside [bottom?] look big?" and the dude's in agony, knowing he's screwed no matter what.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 4

late night tv watching again, ad for on line tire buying, tiretrak.com - maybe? pretty low budget, but funny, one shows a woman driving to a scientific conference - imposes math equations over her face and voice over says if she were thinking about purchasing tires, she'd go to their service, but she's not - she's thing...important thoughts. it's amusing and there's another one that's just as funny but I've only seen it once and don't remember. bad case of crs.

• Love 1

late night tv watching again, ad for on line tire buying, tiretrak.com - maybe? pretty low budget, but funny, one shows a woman driving to a scientific conference - imposes math equations over her face and voice over says if she were thinking about purchasing tires, she'd go to their service, but she's not - she's thing...important thoughts. it's amusing and there's another one that's just as funny but I've only seen it once and don't remember. bad case of crs.

My favorite is the one where they guy is traveling with his aunt's mynah bird that keeps talking. It sounds like the bird's singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

• Love 1

I like several Geico ads, some are irritating, but I always laugh at the Kenny Rodgers, the chocolate M&Ms and now the one with the football player celebrating cold cuts. I don't follow football or sports so I don't care who he is but I just enjoy the ad. 

Also like the ad with the husband & wife settling down to snuggle after the kids are asleep and she has surprise...cracks me up with his intonation...oh.my.Fruitloops.

• Love 2
I like this commercial with the poor decisions that people in horror films are known to make stupid decisions from not taking the running car and instead going to the barn with the hanging chainsaws and then running to the cemetary. Brought back classic 80's and 90's slasher films which I loved watching growing up. I'm really not a fan of Geico commercials but I like this one.

The chainsaw killer does an eye roll and slightly shakes his head--an expression that I've frequently seen on my Millennial son's face--as in what-the-fuck.

• Love 3

Among those "Well, did you know ..." Geico commercials, I'm unimpressed by the ones with Taz and Ickey Woods (which is a shame, as I really want that one to amuse me) and annoyed by the one with the auctioneer as a grocery clerk (why are people bidding to pay more for her groceries?!).  But I love "words can hurt," Kenny Rogers, the unwise owl, Old MacDonald as a bad speller (due to "Dagnabit!"), and the oldest trick in the book.  "Madest thou look."

I think the Taz one is funny but HATE the cold cuts one. HATE. Dive for the remote hate. I did like Hump Day and the follow up with Vanessa Williams' chocolate M&M telling him to can it.

I never knew it was Vanessa Williams' voice! But I can totally see or hear it now.

I like the new Lowe's commercials, such as the 'How to install a fence while riding a motorcycle' one.  The guy rides out of his garage on his motorcycle and glances over at the two guys from Lowe's installing his fence.  I love his 'woo hoo!' as he rides away. 

The one that has the line 'How to install a new washer with one finger' is cute, too.  'A little bit more to the left' as she waves her finger at the guy from Lowe's.

• Love 3

Don't know why, because I hate Comcast - err - Xfinity with the heat of a thousand suns, but this one cracks me up.  "If I did this to you, you'd murder me in my sleep!"  Ha!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7NKu/xfinity-on-demand-preloaded-shows

I never even knew the actor was a "someone" before I went to look up the link.

I looked him up too. He acts in Mom, plays Christie's ex and I guess he is a director too . He was on The Talking Dead the other night.

Edited by SoSueMe

I'd guess that since Frasier came on over twenty years ago, and that dog was an adult when the trainer got him, that the dog who played Eddie (I think his name is Moose) is dead by now.

That Xfinity commercial is hilarious though.  "I can't not know if I know that you know."

Edited by janie jones

I'd guess that since Frasier came on over twenty years ago, and that dog was an adult when the trainer got him, that the dog who played Eddie (I think his name is Moose) is dead by now.

There were two Eddies.  First was Moose and when he retired, his son Enzo took over.  Both canine actors are dead.

Oh, "he" IS someone - isn't that Eddie the Jack Russell from Frasier?

The prefix in is the opposite of the prefix ex,  right?  Like interior/exterior.  So if Infinity is limitless, what does that make Exfinity?

Expensive.

• Love 5

In spite of the dubious use of "literally", I like the Dawn ad with the overextended family gathering where people have to use novelty cups and plates.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

I actually laughed out loud at the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese commercial I saw tonight. It is set to the song "What I Did for Love" and it shows people doing various shady stuff to get more Mac and cheese. The funniest was the guy holding a macaroni craft project that spelled out "world's greatest dad" or something to that effect over a pot of boiling water.

• Love 1

I love Dead Mouse Theater!!  Does Pillaging Mouse call the other mouse "Eggnog"??  Makes me LOL every time.

Just saw this and had closed-captions on, as both the washer and dishwasher are going. According to that, it's "Agnar". And Ulfrik, which I thought was usually spelled Ulfric. I think I liked it better when I thought it was Eggnog.

• Love 3