Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

He looks like a slightly gone to seed Tom Baker to me.

Thank you!  That's who I've been trying to think of. 

Those pizzas from Little Caesar's are definitely not gourmet, but they taste pretty good late on a Sunday night when you're tired and don't want to cook. 

I must say that this Fitbit ad has grown on me quite a bit.

Me too, and it's really clever.  They have some funny/cute yadafits sprinkled in that makes you pay attention.  At least it made me pay attention.  I liked otisfit and holy$#*!fit

• Love 2

I think that was the point? That a description doesn't always do a good job of telling you what the movie is about?

In the other one, March of the Emperor, it was understandable that the woman would picture an emperor penguin, but I don't understand why the woman would think of a roller coaster when she hears Brokeback Mountain.

but I don't understand why the woman would think of a roller coaster when she hears Brokeback Mountain.

As one who enjoyed amusement parks back in the day, I can say one might easily think roller coaster ride upon hearing [X] Mountain, given the number of rides bearing such a name.

I love the idea behind these commercials -- that one who is unfamiliar with the film at hand is hearing it summarized by someone and coming up with a first impression and then filling in the blanks in increasingly outlandish ways because movies are meant to be watched rather than described.  Fun.

• Love 4

I love this IKEA commercial, it's so hilarious. It never aired in the States, for obvious reasons.

Because we can show all the violence we want, but sex is a dirty, dirty thing no upstanding person should ever see or think about.

Is it wrong that I laughed hysterically when the sheep fell out of the roller coast in the "Brokeback Mountain" commercial?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

Not quite the same principle as the March of the Penguins or Brokeback Mountain commercials, but another one from Canal Plus that shows they have very funny, inventive writers. (As this ad tells us they do.)

• Love 6

That link is to an article about kombucha.

How that happened, I don't know, but you used the /embed rather than watch=v and the forum software, as someone said, "doesn't like those."

The Nyquil ad is here:

Here is the How-To post on embedding YouTube videos.

As for the "sick day" commercial, I saw the Mom one first, and was so pissed that, once again, we had "Moms" do this and that in taking care of kids instead of "Parents."  So I was relieved to see a Dad version, too.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Just saw one with a granddaughter and a record and she used some Apple products to turn it into a duet with her and the nana, and then the nana listens on an ipod, with old photos of the whole family, and I was sort of "ok sure fine" for most of the ad, but then the nana's crying at the end and it looked so real and somebody may have been dicing onions in my kitchen at that point...

• Love 3

Here is the How-To post on embedding YouTube videos.

As for the "sick day" commercial, I saw the Mom one first, and was so pissed that, once again, we had "Moms" do this and that in taking care of kids instead of "Parents."  So I was relieved to see a Dad version, too.

I saw them in reverse, and I even wondered if they did a "Mom" version because of some kind of backlash.  Conspiracy theorist that I am.  But the ads are cute.

The Nest commercials are funny.  I can't decide which I like more.

I don't appreciate being hugged by people I've just met, so I can't even think about the shoes once the girlfriend goes in for a hug after the mother extends her hand.  Shake her hand!  If by the time you're saying goodbye a hug feels appropriate, that's one thing, but damn -- you just met and she initiated a handshake, not a hug.

• Love 5

Who are these horrible women? I was going to post how much I hate this commercial in the Hate thread. I either mute the TV or change the channel whenever it comes on.

Salt-n-Pepa, a famous rap duo from the 80s.  The woman on the turntables is DJ Spinderella.

• Love 4

Who are these horrible women? I was going to post how much I hate this commercial in the Hate thread. I either mute the TV or change the channel whenever it comes on.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you're too young to know who they are. Ah, youth...

I love that commercial, too, but my favorite is the guy mowing his lawn.  "I'm pushing it, I'm pushing it real good." 

The first time I saw it, I thought it didn't include Spinderella since the first shot (the guy who pulls when he should push the door) was just of Salt and Pepa, so when she showed up in the back of the elevator in the next shot, I was ridiculously pleased -- I think the commercial is a lot of fun.

I keep waiting to get sick of the song because the commercial airs quite often, but I never did get sick of it back in the day, so it may not happen.   

• Love 6

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you're too young to know who they are. Ah, youth...

Nope. I was in my late 20s/early 30s in the 1980s, listened to a ton of music and have never heard of them or that song. If they were rappers, that explains it, though.