Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Is the lady looking at the other lady's butt the girl who plays Daya on Orange is the New Black?

It sure looks like her! 

Saw this one for the first time today. Funny, with a creepy vibe:

This IS hilarious and creepy - love it. 

Up until recently, I've been mostly annoyed by the Lily/AT&T commercials (with the exception of the parents and the sleeping baby...that one enraged me).  But I have to admit I'm loving the heck out of the new one with Gordon Ramsey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3aJgJ30WCo

It sure looks like her! 

This IS hilarious and creepy - love it. 

Up until recently, I've been mostly annoyed by the Lily/AT&T commercials (with the exception of the parents and the sleeping baby...that one enraged me).  But I have to admit I'm loving the heck out of the new one with Gordon Ramsey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3aJgJ30WCo

The sad thing about those commercials is that as a person who works in retail for a company that pushes people to get to know us as friends. All those situations and many more strange ones can and do happen. Nothing I hate more than to be out somewhere and people are like you work at my store I like shopping there. Yadda Yadda. Drives me crazy.

• Love 1

I despise the Cox Cable Commercials with the loudmouth who considers himself so smart & wonderful that he has Cox Cable, but I love their new spokes family, the wife saying she can now do all this wonderful stuff because husband is watching is watching stupid science fiction, while husband is quietly watching tablet & says "I can't hear you, I'm in a parallel universe". Then she's standing on a table & her kids say "I thought we couldn't stand on that". So refreshing after the jerk. And if this is as clear as mud, sorry.

The perfect delivery of "Sorry, Daisy, but I'm a loner. And a loner's gotta be alone." also cracks me up. This and the Oldest Trick in the Book are the best of the series.

• Love 3

The perfect delivery of "Sorry, Daisy, but I'm a loner. And a loner's gotta be alone." also cracks me up.

The way Daisy throws herself down on the ground and starts sobbing as Jesse rides away is a hilarious contrast to her confusion when he gets knocked off his horse by the huge E. I love her scrunched-up expression when says, "Jesse?" before the commercial ends.

I am liking the 1-800-CONTACTS spots.  Especially the one where the pretty girl realizes she is out of contacts and puts on the ginormous 70's plastic, aviator frames.

Her eyes look HUGE and she looks mortified!

I've been there and it's enough to make you call in sick to work rather than be seen!

The commercial is adorable, but I can't get over the fact that the child looks like he's sickly. The dark circles around his eyes...the pallor. I end up feeling sorry for him.

I have to agree with you on this. Maybe the boy didn't feel well on the day of the shoot. Even then, I'm sure they have makeup artists on the set. A little bronzer goes a long way. I still love the commercial and the kid! Pretty good acting on his part.

The perfect delivery of "Sorry, Daisy, but I'm a loner. And a loner's gotta be alone." also cracks me up. This and the Oldest Trick in the Book are the best of the series.

I adore The Oldest Trick in the Book.  "Thus endeth the trick!"  The newer one with the Great Wall of China is good too.  I've liked all the "Did you know?" Geico ads.

I had to explain Words Can Hurt to my husband.  He thought the guy just fell off his horse.

• Love 1

I just saw a new ad for K-Mart with a rap song, and an older lady wearing a hoodie, followed by her "posse" (two young guys), swaggering through the store.  At the end she deals the bills off to the clerk like she's all that.  It made me laugh.  Unfortunately, can't find the ad on line.

• Love 2

Oh heavens yes, the Great Wall of China.   The invading Horde come to the wall and stop.   They all look at each other like "What do we do know, there's a wall in the way?"   Then one guy just steps over it.   Everyone acts like he is the smartest guy on the planet.    I crack up every time.    

Part of it is, I read an article a couple years ago about how the Great Wall is crumbling (age, pollution, vandalism).    I remarked to one friend. "Pretty sure it will only be the So-So Wall of China."  

• Love 2

They all look at each other like "What do we do know, there's a wall in the way?"

I giggle at it because it reminds me of the toll booth scene in Blazing Saddles. "Somebody's gotta go back and get a shit-load of dimes!"

• Love 4

I had to explain Words Can Hurt to my husband.  He thought the guy just fell off his horse.

It took me a while to realize that he'd hit the "D" in "The End."

Woah. Never noticed that. I'll have to catch that one again.

I had to explain that commercial to a friend of mine, too -- he thought the example of words hurting you was Daisy being emotionally hurt by Jesse saying he has to leave, and thus thought it was a really lame entry in what had been a funny series of ads.  When I explained that no, Jesse was physically hurt by the words "The End" (and, yes, it's the E in End), he roared.

I love that one, too.  "I'm a loner.  And a loner's gotta be alone" is great, and then she tops it with the way she stops crying and asks, "Jesse?" after he gets knocked off his horse.

That milk commercial is cute.  I like the mom at the end.

I don't think I got that "words can hurt" commercial the first time I saw it, either.  The letter he hits should probably wobble more.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 1

I don't think I got that "words can hurt" commercial the first time I saw it, either.  The letter he hits should probably wobble more.

Gotta disagree. The subtlety of letting you figure it out is a welcome change from the usual anviliciousness ads usually beat us over the head with.

• Love 7

Hear hear! Simple-minded obviousness is so prevalent in commercials, I'm pathetically grateful for a touch of subtlety. I too needed two or three viewings to get that one, and I salute them for it. It makes me all the happier.

• Love 5

I thought the best car ad of all-time was that Subaru commercial in which a teenager is driving his Subaru through a storm, tree limbs crashing all over the place, with Percy Sledge singing, "When A Man Loves A Woman".  Brought back memories of my teen dating years.

• Love 1

Just saw a State Farm commercial where a bunch of cute kids are coming up with similes for life insurance. The second or third kid says "Life insurance is like hugging your kids, but with money", and I start laughing so hard that there are tears. Such a wonderfully cynical sales pitch coming from such a cute kid. The unstated message is: "You're a bad parent who doesn't love their kids if you don't buy it right now. Hug your kids right now!"

I haven't laughed that hard at a commercial since Bud Light's "Sleigh Ride" ran during the Super Bowl a few years back.

• Love 2

The mention of "cute kids" reminds me of a toothpaste (of the "it whitens!" type) that I used to love -- can't find it online. A teacher asks her (maybe first grade?) class the colors of various obvious things in class, and then asks "and what color are my teeth?" (expecting them to say "white"), the kids offer a bunch of words for off-white: cream, beige, etc. The moment that always got me was a tiny little boy at his desk happily saying "ecru!"

• Love 2

Australian beer brand Carlton Draught has been consistently producing brilliant ads for at least the last decade, here are some of their greatest:

It's A Big Ad:

Flashbeer:

Slow motion:

• Love 5

I never saw Flashdance, so the middle one did nothing for me, but the other two were fabulous!  Who doesn't love Nessun Dorma?  I mean, Slow Motion?

But I'm having a hard time watching them.  One of the cats (Bosco) is fascinated by Slow Motion and I have to watch looking between his ears.

• Love 1

It's not a favorite commercial, but I do get a chuckle from an Excedrin commercial where the daughter YELLS at her brother after he's dropped something that he has to be quiet because mom has a headache. Only because I've had my daughter do the exact same thing.

• Love 5

Okay not a big fan of Papa John's pizza, but his commercials with Peyton Manning are usually funny.   The new one has me cracking up every time it comes up.

PJ:  It's kickoff we need a new deal for a new season.

Peyton:   Like a superstition?

PJ:  Sure.   You got any superstitions.

Peyton (deadpan):  Score more points than the other team.

PJ:  That's not a superstition.

Peyton:   It works.   

ME:   Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Love 2