Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

There's an ad on Hulu, and probably other video sources, talking about how you can order the new Pizza Hut cheese-and-bacon-stuffed crust pizza from their website before it's advertised to the non-social-media-savvy general public. The spokesdude, who has a 'country singer' sorta vibe and who I think I'm supposed to recognize but don't, says, "Come on. You like pizza. And you like bacon, because you're the internet." The commercial is dull and the product doesn't appeal to me at all, but that line took me by surprise and gave me a laugh.

• Love 1

New favorite commercial with Peyton Manning.   It's football season there will be approximately 8,432 of them.   BUt this new one has him singing a little tune for everything he does.   He's in the training room hot tub and singing "losing feeling in my toes."   Then driving his car "Love that new car smell."   There are others.  The final bit is him sitting on the couch and switching on the tv, on comes the Nationwide jingle "Nationwide is on your side."   It's the tune he has been singing all day.   

Much better than that stupid discount double check with Hans and Franz and Aaron.

• Love 3

The Subway ad with the feats of farm strength or whatever - at the end when he's pulling that big wooden thing and he cries out, "This is NOT a one-person job!" Don't know why but that just cracks my shit up.

I think that ad is really funny.  What he's doing is trying to raise a barn all by himself.

• Love 1

I think that ad is really funny.  What he's doing is trying to raise a barn all by himself.

"I know it's a barn.  Raise it!"  That's my second-favorite line from a commercial right now.

"What is that, chamomile tea?!  You want to take a nap?!" is still tops, though.

• Love 4

Have you seen the new one, Bastet? There's this new older lady, not Beatrice, who's smashing pieces of candy with a hammer and talking about how much fun it is to play Candy Crush. And her grandson or whoever he is says the line. It's hilarious.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 6

There's an ad on Hulu, and probably other video sources, talking about how you can order the new Pizza Hut cheese-and-bacon-stuffed crust pizza from their website before it's advertised to the non-social-media-savvy general public. The spokesdude, who has a 'country singer' sorta vibe and who I think I'm supposed to recognize but don't, says, "Come on. You like pizza. And you like bacon, because you're the internet." The commercial is dull and the product doesn't appeal to me at all, but that line took me by surprise and gave me a laugh.

I'd hazard a guess that it's Blake Shelton (who is also on The Voice).

Have you seen the new one, Bastet? There's this new older lady, not Beatrice, who's smashing pieces of candy with a hammer and talking about how much fun it is to play Candy Crush. And her grandson or whoever he is says the line. It's hilarious.

I laughed so hard I choked.

• Love 1

I'm think I'm developing a massive crush on the Honda Fit guy answering questions. I just saw the one last night with the ditzy chick who is all "Does is drive during the day? Does it have a steering wheel?" that is a variation on this one.

Edited by St. Claire

I just love it, perfectly cast, great song, love the dad/daughter bonding. 

Of course, if it was my husband and daughter, I'd have him up on risk of injury/child endangerment charges, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRj2QWW718

I love that commercial. I think the speed and sharp turns are all in the girls head. When they do the pull away it looks like the dad is driving fairly slow compared to what she is pretending to do.

• Love 1

Just saw a State Farm commercial where a bunch of cute kids are coming up with similes for life insurance. The second or third kid says "Life insurance is like hugging your kids, but with money", and I start laughing so hard that there are tears. Such a wonderfully cynical sales pitch coming from such a cute kid. The unstated message is: "You're a bad parent who doesn't love their kids if you don't buy it right now. Hug your kids right now!"

I haven't laughed that hard at a commercial since Bud Light's "Sleigh Ride" ran during the Super Bowl a few years back.

I used to take insurance classes, back when I was licensed, and my instructor used to say: "Life insurance is a love letter with a check attached". 

• Love 1

I find the Little Cesar's ad with the guy sitting in the chair with the phone to his ear, looking dazed by the boredom of being on hold, amusing. The singers on the "hold" music are singing, "don't listen to your wife" and other silly things to try to encourage him to sit there, I'm sometimes easily amused.

• Love 3

Australian beer brand Carlton Draught has been consistently producing brilliant ads for at least the last decade, here are some of their greatest:

It's A Big Ad:

Flashbeer:

Slow motion:

These are great here are some more Carlton ads

• Love 1

This one makes me happy. A guy in a newspaper article recently said that for his disabled daughter, it wasn't the case that his daughter was being deliberately excluded, however, no one was really making an effort to include her, this ad addresses that problem:

• Love 8

I now love the new Samsung commercial with Dax Shepherd and Kristen Bell. I was never a huge fan of either, but they are so cute together. It's nice to see a happy couple in a commercial where the husband isn't a total buffoon and the wife isn't a harpy.

• Love 6

I now love the new Samsung commercial with Dax Shepherd and Kristen Bell. I was never a huge fan of either, but they are so cute together. It's nice to see a happy couple in a commercial where the husband isn't a total buffoon and the wife isn't a harpy.

Yeah, I saw that and thought about coming here and posting about that.  It's nice, without being douchey.

• Love 2

There's one with a kid sneaking into the freezer at midnight to get some ice cream. He turns around and sees his mom standing there also eating a bowl of the ice cream. The kid looks worried about being caught, but the mom just smiles and laughs while licking her spoon.

I love this ad and wish I could remember the brand so I could find it on YouTube.

• Love 1

There's one with a kid sneaking into the freezer at midnight to get some ice cream. He turns around and sees his mom standing there also eating a bowl of the ice cream. The kid looks worried about being caught, but the mom just smiles and laughs while licking her spoon.

I love this ad and wish I could remember the brand so I could find it on YouTube.

I know the ad you're talking about.  It's actually for Yoplait yogurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YftxTRkBLvs

Wow. Yoplait is actually capable of making a likable ad.

I don't drink Budweiser, but I do admire their ability to make a good commercial. I thought the latest one was going to have me mad, since I was afraid that poor dog was going to be left alone forever and then I'd have to hunt down Augie Busch and hurt him, but they pulled it out nicely. And that Guiness one is fantastic. Too bad I mainly drink local beers.

• Love 1

I find the Little Cesar's ad with the guy sitting in the chair with the phone to his ear, looking dazed by the boredom of being on hold, amusing. The singers on the "hold" music are singing, "don't listen to your wife" and other silly things to try to encourage him to sit there, I'm sometimes easily amused.

It's my new favorite!  "Just keep waiting and waiting for hours and hours!"

I'm tempted to try it if they put me on hold at the pizza parlor.

• Love 3

I rarely (never?) use the word, but this ad is so cute.

And then the cynic in me kicks in and says, "Those people paid to have you take that bag from A to B! Its your job. Don't act like you are doing something noble!"

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4