Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I rarely (never?) use the word, but this ad is so cute.

And then the cynic in me kicks in and says, "Those people paid to have you take that bag from A to B! Its your job. Don't act like you are doing something noble!"

I hear ya, but I'm going with cute!

• Love 4

And then the cynic in me kicks in and says, "Those people paid to have you take that bag from A to B! Its your job. Don't act like you are doing something noble!"

"We do what you're paying us to do, and we do it better than our competitors" is basically the message of every commercial ever, and they have a direct competitor that's famous for mishandling luggage. It's not like they invented a worry that nobody had before this commercial just so they could say "But we'll save you from this thing that doesn't actually happen."

• Love 2

I thought so too when seeing it for the first time last night, but what I really liked was that it shows all the steps your luggage takes to wind up on the same plane as the owner.

• Love 5

"We do what you're paying us to do, and we do it better than our competitors" is basically the message of every commercial ever, and they have a direct competitor that's famous for mishandling luggage. It's not like they invented a worry that nobody had before this commercial just so they could say "But we'll save you from this thing that doesn't actually happen."

You're right, but there are different ways of delivering that message. Personally, appeals to logic (numbers) are the most effective way to influence me. The reason I think this ad is so effective is that it makes an appeal to emotion that warms even my cold heart.

• Love 2

So, I've caught two commercials from Lowe's where a person's Football Self is encouraging their normal self to get the yard/house work all done so they can watch football the next day. Makes me laugh and it's on point. Then again, I'm one of those that hopes it's sunny on Saturday so I can get the yard cleared of leaves and watch football on Sunday. Which is further kudos to Lowes because they show a man and a woman.

• Love 2

Here are some of my favorites

Not a fan of spiders but I loved that commercial.  When I first got my Infuse and people would ask what kind of phone (it really was the best at the time), I'd say 'the one in the spider commercial' and everyone would nod knowingly.

The Haagen-Dazs Gelato commercial never fails to send me into the giggles.  At first, the Italian couple verbally spars, followed by briefly reconciling over the gelato, and then quarrels anew.  It doesn't hurt that the guy is smokin' hot!

One of my all time hated commercials.  Let's celebrate domestic abuse with ice cream!  Yay!

My governor is apparently a unicorn killer. (This is not a parody ad.)

Better than that ad with his kid in it acting like he doesn't know why his photo wasn't used by the Cuomo campaign (in political ads, you can't use photos of minors without their permission).

Hamster terrorist bag.  Why is it all alone?  Why is it staring at me?   I don't get the warm fuzzies with that ad.  There's no way that bag would be that pristine.  Maybe what Delta is trying to say is - check only fake animals with us, 'cause if they are live, we'll lose them?  Dunno.  Not a winner.

• Love 2

What is it a spoof of?

I wouldn't really call it a spoof - it's a real commercial, with 2 seconds of someone trying to bend an iPhone spliced in.  Otherwise, it is the same as the spot I saw broadcast several times last night.

I was on an American jet that had a broken radar, so they weren't gonna take off soon, which meant I'd miss my connecting flight.  They decided to me on a Delta flight that left in an hour.  When I got to Puerto Rico on Delta, my luggage was there with me.  I was flabbergasted.  Not only did they get the bags on the right plane, it was a different carrier!  Consider me impressed by both American and Delta.

• Love 2

I'm not sure where to put this ad.  It's definitely a wtf? ad, but at the same time, if your mind goes to the same place as mine when seeing this ad, then it's pretty awesome.  Especially since it's Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne.

Such a wtf? When I saw it the 1st time I thought, "who the hell are they supposed to be "selling" to"? I couldn't even remember what the "product" was. 2nd time I saw it I thought, "damn, these 2 should just fuck, and get it over w/". They are advertising something they want women to buy, but it's just fake lesbianism as "catnip". Wtf? They are both very beautiful in the ad,but wtf?

I now love the new Samsung commercial with Dax Shepherd and Kristen Bell. I was never a huge fan of either, but they are so cute together. It's nice to see a happy couple in a commercial where the husband isn't a total buffoon and the wife isn't a harpy.

Seriously cute. They chose a funky ass song for it too. I. Love. This. Commercial. I am not a Dax Shephard person. Always thought he was a little jack-assey. But in this he is freakin adorable. I am a Veronica Mars fan girl (and House of Lies s1, before it went to hell), so Kristen Bell was already the shit to me. When she says, "eyes are muscles too", I crack up every time. That line is delivered in completely Veronica fashion and I love it.

• Love 1

As a fan of both horror movies and parodies of those films, I thank you for posting that.  I'm still laughing, especially when I picture the look on the "killer's" face.

YW! Could qualify for the Movie Lessons thread too.

I agree on the Burberry ad, it's a LEETLE sexual, and unnecessarily so.

I was trying not to comment on this ad. I was one of those who went wow at that commercial. Those two women look good together. Faux lesbians or not. There is nothing like relaxed women smiling.

I love everything about that except the notion that someone would use mouse corpses to put on plays.

I had little stuffed mice as a kid and I'd play with them but I'm pretty sure they weren't real dead mice.  pretty sure.

• Love 1

For some reason, I really like the commercial with the two women who are trying to outdo each other with their love of bacon. In the final shot, one of the ladies laughs with her "Bacon Baron," and I swear, he looks like Rafa Nadal.

The stuffed mice remind me of the fanciful tableaux created by Steve Carell's character in Dinner for Schmucks. And that's unfortunate, because I had really been trying to forget that movie. 

• Love 1

The new HP commercial is cute.   Kid is using HP computers, printers, copiers, etc. to make signs and billboards to find his lost iguana.   Yeah iguana, it's still a cute ad.   The end gets you right in the feels.

I feel like that Ikea commercial is taking place in a world where humans have been wiped out and cats have taken over.

As soon as they develop opposable thumbs - and I'm convined our polydactyl cat is on his way there (I'm also convinced he's from another planet ... either way, he's a future overlord) - they will.   

Is that the commercial from several years back (that had a "how it was made" feature and everything), or did IKEA let yet another group of cats loose in a showroom?

• Love 1

It's good that I like the new iPhone ad where the guy is "breaking up" with his old phone -- "Just the two of us" -- because it's on all the time.  He's cute and his delivery is perfect.

Also liking another ubiquitous ad -- the car ad where the kid sees a tree come to life, a flaming pirate ship, and a bear.  The effects are good and it takes me back to when I was afraid to look under my bed.

• Love 2

Yeah, I hadn't seen that Ikea commercial before, watched it with the sound off, found it very unnerving. Then again, I don't trust cats.

Considering your username, how do you feel about Dead Mouse Theater by TomCat?

• Love 3

A new ad (I think for car insurance?) just cracks me up. A group of people are standing, clearly panicked, fleeing some pursuer.

"Should we run to the basement?" one says.

"Why can't we just get in the running car?" replies a girl among them. A shot of said car is seen, clearly in working order.

"Don't be crazy," guy answers. "Let's hide in the chainsaws!"

Tagline: "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad decisions. Don't make bad decisions, choose x insurance!"

• Love 6

The best part of that whole horror ad is the bad guy staring at them like they're a bunch of doofuses.

A new ad (I think for car insurance?) just cracks me up. A group of people are standing, clearly panicked, fleeing some pursuer.

"Should we run to the basement?" one says.

"Why can't we just get in the running car?" replies a girl among them. A shot of said car is seen, clearly in working order.

"Don't be crazy," guy answers. "Let's hide in the chainsaws!"

Tagline: "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad decisions. Don't make bad decisions, choose x insurance!"

It's a Geico ad.

In my head, Red Forman (That 70s Show) does the voice of the villain and says "Dumbass".

• Love 5