Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

Just saw a mattress ad I liked. Standard picture of couple lying on the mattress to show the comfort, but at the end their dog curled up at their feet. Just wish mine would stay at the foot of the bed instead of forcing me to the edge.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 2

I really like the "Lily" commercials, I like the one with the basketball player, where she goes, "oh, good for you." Her expression is really funny.

Wait - that's the same woman who dresses up like a cat burglar?" Wow, she looks totally different.

Wait - that's the same woman who dresses up like a cat burglar?

The ninja who replaces stolen items with new versions is in a series of Nationwide commercials, and the Lily who banters with Grant Hill and manages not to kill the fools who expect the entire world to whisper around their baby is in a series of ads for AT&T.  I don't think they're the same actor. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved the Nescafe (the US ones -- Taster's Choice) couple :). Grew up seeing the commercials... so it was nice to see... 

that they got married! I saw a recent ad with them in it, and they both were wearing wedding bands! :)

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 2
(edited)

I love all the Sherwin Williams commercials where everything in the commercial is made from those little paint color sample papers. Very cool how they do that.

Edited by OSM Mom
  • Love 4

My all-time favorite commercial - great visuals, a clever way to get the product's benefits across, no lisping kids, harpy moms, clueless dads or overly-annoying music, in fact, no dialogue at all. And it's a shoutout to classic Bugs Bunny cartoons. 

My favorite in the series is the one where Stephen is in bed and says that opening the pistachio is like French kissing freedom. And the eagle slowly sidles away from him.

The fact those kids are being taken on an island vacation and apparently plan to spend the whole time glued to their phones is disturbing, but the parents crack me up, especially with, "Can't leave a bag unattended."

• Love 3

Are the pistachio people planning to replace Colbert as their spokesman? Because they've got a new ad with Miss Piggy now, and she's lounging in a chair and demanding that her assistant or someone bring her some pistachios, and the voiceover says something about her being a diva. It's funny and I like it, but does this mean that Colbert is going to stop doing his own series of commercials? Because I hope not.

• Love 1

Mr. Unger in the 1960s inspired me to climb the rope to the top before anyone else and jump the furthest. He was small boned like me and no doubt knew that while I'd never be a star where size mattered (I was always picked last on teams), sometimes being a lightweight was an advantage. Sadly, I never did sports after 8th grade.

That's pretty cool that you were inspired. In hindsight I wish I hadn't viewed my P.E. teachers as evil Nazi overlords, because as it turns out, being able to climb and run and things is not actually a hardship.

One thing that cracked me up listening to the original Robert Preston version of the Chicken Fat song was that apparently, girls weren't required to do the pushups. "Situps - c'mon girls, you're in this too!"

Wait - that's the same woman who dresses up like a cat burglar?" Wow, she looks totally different.

I must have seen that one a hundred times before I realized that it was not the girl from Continuum.

• Love 1

I like the new Foster Grant commercial for sunglasses.  I believe the tag line is "who is behind those glasses?"  I don't know who is behind the sunglasses I just like looking at really beautiful people and that commercial has 3 hotties!

I like the new Foster Grant commercial for sunglasses.  I believe the tag line is "who is behind those glasses?"

Unless they've changed it, it's "Who's behind those Foster Grants?" -- their tag line since the '60s.  I loved when Raquel Welch - one of the many celebrities featured in those ads - reappeared semi-recently, this time wearing Foster Grant reading glasses.

• Love 1

Clicking through YouTube on an above video link I discovered the old Phillips "its time to change your lightbulb" commercials.  The cat? the old couple having soup for dinner and the shy guy in the elevator.  My new old favorites.

Also the Nissan "Dogs Love Trucks" campaign with taking Ralphie for a ride.

• Love 1

I think The Dukes of Hazzard Auto Trader commercials are sort of adorable.  It's a nice little blast from the past, and the fellas don't look too bad for 50 somethings.  Maybe Auto Trader can do a follow-up with Fonzi trading off his motorcycle.  

• Love 4

The British Open golf tournament is coming up soon . That means more promos narrated by Ian McShane! They are really well done with strong writing, gorgeous cinematography and Ian is awesome (of course). 

(edited)

I am actually liking the newish Skittle ad!

An older woman in a track suit is walking a cloud. She pets it and drops/rains Skittles all over the sidewalk. A guy walks up, asks to pet her cloud. The cloud goes black, rumbles, then zaps him with lighting. The lady says, "It doesn't like to be petted like that" and the lady and her cloud walk off.

The woman is David Letterman's mom, if I am not mistaken!

Here's a link:  http://www.marketmenot.com/skittles-cloud-pet-the-rainbow-commercial/

Edited by Actionmage

This Cartier is just a masterpiece, greatest commercial ever made IMHO

Indeed, best commercial ever, by far IMO.  And I read they used 3 panthers to play the part of "the panther."  Cali, Tiga and Damou and I think all of them were pretty young.  On the website, they said they got gourmet food, frequent breaks and were checked regularly by a vet. 

• Love 3

I'm growing less fond thanks to how heavily they're in rotation on the stuff I watch, but I'm still a bit charmed by the Verizon ads about the guy who daydreams about being a hero. I love the way he says "Your spaceship's broken" as if he's imparting great technical knowledge.

• Love 3

Indeed, best commercial ever, by far IMO.  And I read they used 3 panthers to play the part of "the panther."  Cali, Tiga and Damou and I think all of them were pretty young.  On the website, they said they got gourmet food, frequent breaks and were checked regularly by a vet. 

Wonderful, I didn't know that, thanks.I thought they were CGI. Its just so beautiful and the jewelry is just there very tasteful.

(edited)

My favorite Chevy Truck ad was the one narrated by the recently departed James Garner:

There’s a place that I travel
When I want to roam
And nobody knows it but me

The roads don’t go there
And the signs stay home

It’s far far away
And way way afar
It’s over the moon and the sea

And whenever you’re going
That’s wherever you are

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 1

Those Polaroid commercials were wonderful. Always delightful interaction between Garner and Hartley, and they kept shooting new ones and varying the nature of the sparring between them so (for me) they never wore out their welcome. (For me, it also helped that I had fallen "in love" with Mariette Hartley when at age 21 she appeared in a Shakespeare play that I saw. Not only was it gratifying to see her become nationally beloved, I was also seeing her become financially secure for life -- as she confirmed in her memoirs.)

• Love 3

I love those commercials, I think due in part to the fact that I find the guy likeable.  He just comes off as a regular guy.  I think my favorite one is where he's saving the day when the cashier is being robbed in the convenience store.  "On . . . my . . . count . . . "

But he made his rope out of slim jims. Or maybe it was bubble gum rope. Either way it bothers me. Seems like something Barney Fife would do.

• Love 1

He's hiding in the aisle of a convenience store. What else is he going to make a rope out of? Plus, when it cuts back to the real world he's eating a Slim Jim, and I appreciate that getting incorporated into the daydream. The only thing I don't like is the "on my count," because nobody else does anything. On his count what? Why do they need to synchronize "I run at the guy alone and everyone else continues to sit there"?

• Love 1

There's a new commercial for some kind of granola bar (or something similar) that I just love. These three women are sitting at a sideewlk cafe drinking coffee, and this young dude is across the street waiting for the light to change so he can continue his run/jog. He lifts his shirt so he can wipe his face, and it shows off his abs. The women are all very enthralled, and then they pretend not to notice him when he gets closer. He sees them, and he says, "Oh, hi, Mrs. So-and-so. Tell Brian I said hey." He jogs away, and the voiceover guy says, "There are a lot of things to feel guilty about. Wouldn't you like fewer things?"I came apart, I really did.

• Love 2