Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

We must be a couple of weirdos because I like those Snot Ball guys. My favorite is the one where Mr. Snot wants to go to work with the guy for taco day.

Make room for one more weirdo!  I love the new Snot Ball ads.  The Taco Tuesday one cracks me up when the guy says, "I took some medicine" and the Snot Ball says, "Oh, okay, see you in four hours then."  And then at the end he says, "Your loss.  I was gonna wear a sombrero."  Cracks me up every time.

I like that one too, especially when he knocks over the display of Mucinex, then backs away from it when the bottles scatter all over the floor.

"He's not with me."  Hee.

• Love 2

I admit, I am kind of hooked on the alternate Rob Lowe commercials (except for Excessively Hairy Rob Lowe. He's just wrong.) When Overly Paranoid Rob Lowe told that there are listening devices hidden in my cheese, I almost spurt coffee through my nose. Which would have been bad. And painful.

• Love 2

I like the commercial for Tylenol PM where people (all women for some reason) are shown not having gotten enough sleep. One pours coffee beans into her dog's bowl, another is trying to change the TV channels with the garage door opener, and I'm drawing a blank on the first one. Anyway, it's cute. Another thing that caught my eye is in the scene with the coffee beans, there's another woman sitting in the kitchen. She could be a friend, but my thought is that the women are partners or married. That's pretty cool.

It's cute but:  The singing is annoying, and it's chock full of people I don't really want to see shilling for McDonald's.

It is cute and it must have cost beaucoup bucks to get the rights to all those characters. (even Grumpy Cat).

Not a favorite commercial by any means, but now that the Trivago guy has gotten a makeover, he looks kinda hot.

I thought he was hot back when he was still scruffy.

Just saw a Progressive insurance commercial where they show a man's dream while he's really in a bunk bed below another man on the top bunk. There's a dummy involved. It is scary, but I like it. The point is that they're keeping their competitors awake with fear of their new products.

I realize that's a very poor way of describing it!

I saw a cute Petsmart commercial where a cat would not let a dog on its dog-sized bed, so the dog flopped on the cat bed. I laughed for a long time over that, because cats are the worst.

*I own & love 2 cats, 1 dog....the poor dog is treated abysmally by the cats.

;-)

I love that commercial too.  We have a refrigerator magnet that sums it up.  "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods.  They have never forgotten this."

• Love 5

I love that commercial too.  We have a refrigerator magnet that sums it up.  "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods.  They have never forgotten this."

I haven't seen that particular magnet, Aquarius, but my mom has one that says ,"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."

• Love 4

I like the part where the McDonald's sign is smashed (probably because of a hurricane) and it says "Open."  It might have been the only place open after a hurricane/tornado.

Unlikely, there is a reason FEMA created the "Waffle House Index".

• Love 1

I saw the commercial in which the cat blocks the dog from getting in her/his bed tonight, and cracked up.  I have cats, but my best friend has both cats and dogs, and, yep - that's how it goes.  But then they wind up back-to-back on the same bed. 

I haven't seen that particular magnet, Aquarius, but my mom has one that says ,"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."

This morning, in response to a cat howling at me that I was not dishing up his food fast enough, I said, "Stop hollering at me; I'm your mother, not your servant."  I swear he laughed.

• Love 7
This morning, in response to a cat howling at me that I was not dishing up his food fast enough, I said, "Stop hollering at me; I'm your mother, not your servant."  I swear he laughed.

What's that old saying? Dogs have owners, cats have staff...

• Love 4

That dog is so ugly and so cute.  Does he have two different colored eyes?

Also, that's what my bathroom looked like after I gave my dog a bath the last time I went camping.  But he's several times larger than that little guy.

• Love 1

Jaguar has a new bunch of commercials that I like, with a supervillian who is in his underground lab putting cars (Jaguars, of course) together while extolling their virtues.Has anyone else seen these?

Very high tech, glossy looking ads.

However, I wonder if these are tie-ins to an upcoming movie?  Mortdecai?  Or the Kingsmen?  They just seem to have that "feel" to me.

Dog people love their Subarus -- that's why they're going with "dog approved."  They're very dog friendly with their designs.  They've catered to the offroaders and campers and skiiers with ads -- now it's our turn!

There's also one where the dog family stops at a gas station.  Dad goes into the little convenience store part.  Then mom hops out, and the pups tumble out of the back seat.  Dad comes out with a restroom key, and they all follow him.  Cut to them all drinking out of the toilet.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3

Jaguar has a new bunch of commercials that I like, with a supervillian who is in his underground lab putting cars (Jaguars, of course) together while extolling their virtues.Has anyone else seen these?

Very high tech, glossy looking ads.

However, I wonder if these are tie-ins to an upcoming movie?  Mortdecai?  Or the Kingsmen?  They just seem to have that "feel" to me.

It's part of a line of ads with British actors because men with British accents are evil, didn't you know that?