Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

The T-Mobile commercial with hockey being played with pool noodles makes me laugh so  much that by the end of it when a fight breaks out and the referee sadly shakes his head while they beat each other with pool noodles, I’m in hysterics.

• LOL 6
On 2/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, kariyaki said:

The T-Mobile commercial with hockey being played with pool noodles makes me laugh so  much that by the end of it when a fight breaks out and the referee sadly shakes his head while they beat each other with pool noodles, I’m in hysterics.

I'd watch hockey played with pool noodles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the rabbits talking about the Apple biscuits too. 

I love how excited that one rabbit is. Even jumping out of the box! I had no idea bunnies get excited about snacks. We had one decades ago but I don't remember him ever doing that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love how excited that one rabbit is. Even jumping out of the box! I had no idea bunnies get excited about snacks. We had one decades ago but I don't remember him ever doing that.

Love your new avatar.

• Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wait, what?  What commercial is this?  I love bunnies. 

@andromeda331 I had bunnies who got excited when I'd give them blueberries.

And speaking of bunnies, I saw the Cadburry bunny commercial yesterday.  It is officially spring.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

And speaking of bunnies, I saw the Cadburry bunny commercial yesterday.  It is officially spring.

I saw it too and got irrationally excited. My husband was like "Jeez calm down, it's just a Cadbury commercial."

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't even care about the car. 

I'm just glad to see my favorite dream boyfriend Rege again. 🥰

Is that who that is?  I saw it and thought "why should I care that some random guy likes this car?"

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I posted the link upthread on Feb 17.

• Love 1

I love the PetSmart commercial talking about how pets don't care who you are, who you love, all of that, that all they do is just love, period. The dogs and cats they show are so cute, and the message is just so sweet :). And it's a great way to highlight pet adoptions, too. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 2/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

No love for the Chewy cat commercial?  "OK, now you can pet me that's enough you're literally so annoying.  J/K"

Edited by cynicat
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, cynicat said:

No love for the Chewy cat commercial?  "OK, now you can pet me that's enough you're literally so annoying.  J/K"

I think it's pretty accurate, LOL.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think it's pretty accurate, LOL.

Yep.  I had a cat who would let me pet her maybe a half dozen times before she'd swat my hand.  My best friend could get in 3 or 4 pets.  She adored my dad, though, and would snuggle with him for several minutes at a time.  And then swat at him.  Cats be crazy, man.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

My cat would have me pet her until my hand fell off (and, if it did, she'd look at me like "Put your paw back on and continue").  But I love the cat's changing attitudes in that commercial, especially voice actor's delivery on "Just kidding - love you".

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

On 2/10/2022 at 6:47 AM, xaxat said:

I like the ad except for the fact that the singer sounds like he's coughing up a hair ball at the beginning - cat owners know there is nothing endearing about that.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:36 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

The commercial I saw had both those scenes and others.  Maybe they have also broken them up into shorter segments.  I will have to post the long version. 

Alexa commercial.

I find the ad funny, but it doesn't do Amazon any favours as far as my $$$ are concerned because it just reminds me why I will never buy an Alexa.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, Prairie Rose said:

I haven't seen Disco Cat mentioned yet. I don't know why, but I like it. 

Sorry, the "cats" freak me out.

• Love 6

AT&T's "We have a lot in common" commercial makes a hell of a lot more sense now that I know the two women are Demi Moore and Mila Kunis.  (In my defense, when I saw that posted here, I'd only ever seen the short version, and only when watching TV in bed, so I couldn't read their name tags.)  The longer version that premiered during the Super Bowl is better than the short one I'd been bombarded with:

It was Kunis's idea to ask Moore to participate, once she found out they'd gone to the same high school:

"It was during my first collaboration meeting with AT&T that we discovered Demi was also a Fairfax High alum," she tells ET. "I thought it would bring humor and laughs to what was already a great ad. I reached out to her and was so delighted she jumped on board. Now we're just working on becoming gigillionaires."

Moore tells ET that she also loved the experience.

"Who knew being a Fairfax alum would have brought this unexpected opportunity, to come together with Mila in such a fun and playful way? AT&T has brought new depths to the importance of meaningful connection. Gigillionaires!" she says.

I wonder what the original ad concept was, since the entire basis of the humor in this one is the married to Ashton Kutcher connection.  Was it just going to be Kunis assuming it was her since she's famous, and then it turns out to be the random gigillionaire instead?  Meh; hard to imagine this being funny without the whole "we have a lot in common" thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/2/2022 at 5:16 AM, cynicat said:

Only just now saw this one.  I’ve been seeing the dogs and the the rabbits for a while now. Maybe they’re rotating the markets where they show them. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Love 6

I know it's polarizing, but I myself love the SiriusXM commercial with Dave Grohl, Kevin Hart, and Company. Sure, it's kind of oblique in terms of product, since not everyone knows Grohl and Hart have connections to SiriusXM via podcasts and radio stations, but I think it's funny.

"I MADE LASAGNA!!!"

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know it's polarizing, but I myself love the SiriusXM commercial with Dave Grohl, Kevin Hart, and Company. Sure, it's kind of oblique in terms of product, since not everyone knows Grohl and Hart have connections to SiriusXM via podcasts and radio stations, but I think it's funny.

"I MADE LASAGNA!!!"

That commercial gets on my last nerve and would not induce me to sign up/try Sirius. All the screaming just turns me off... thanks but no thanks, ever...

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

"I MADE LASAGNA!!!"

I like it. It reminds me of my house. Half the time my dad can hear clearly what I'm saying and he the other half he can't hear anything. I don't know why he can't the other times. I give up after a couple tries and call him on his cellphone. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Since we don't have a thread for commercials that briefly amuse, I guess this is the place. I have been amused the few times I've seen the ad for some car. The car is surrounded by a children's orchestra, woman is inside the car, the orchestra is playing Thus Spake Zarathustra (2001 Space Odyssey), orchestra is not good, sour notes, screechy instruments, off key and time, woman puts up the windows, closes the sun/moon roof, sound is greatly muffled and tolerable.

Editing to ask about changing the title of this thread to something like, "Favorite Commercials or at least Likable or Amusing Commercials?"

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 6

The commercial that makes me smile when I hear the beginning notes is the 15-second Ancestry commercial that has four women featured—a woman who “started a legacy of education in my family,” a woman who ran for office, a woman who “had no problem breaking the norms,” and a woman who had a restaurant.

I grin when I hear it start, because my voice is the third one, talking about my great-great-grandmother Carrie McMaster.

It was really fun working with the company, who did not just the ad, but also gave us a full one-minute video just on Carrie for their Instagram and Facebook pages.

I hadn’t expected the ad to run for more than last spring, but I still see it a lot, especially on PBS. (I can’t attach it here since the file is too big.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

Oh, that's so neat! How cool to be part of a commercial and get to hear yourself on TV, and talking about someone so special besides :). That's nice that they did a proper video for your ancestor, too. 

• Love 7

My sister has that same reaction of, “Wait, is that K again?” when she hears it from the next room. I tend to rewind it to rewatch even though I have it saved on my devices.

Carrie had a remarkable life that I am researching to write a book about her. The last decade of her life was the most unusual—she spent the 1920s as a full-time Spiritualist, the pastor of the First National Spiritualist Church of Oklahoma City which she ran out of her house and a trance medium charging $1 per reading. She was arrested for illegal fortune telling in 1920, and her unsuccessful appeal (on the grounds of infringement of her freedom of religion) was reported in newspapers around the country, since it was obvious that she and her lawyer were trying to get the appellate court to rule on whether Spiritualism was a religion.They deliberately dodged that issue entirely in their opinion. Transcripts from some of her readings as well as another OKC medium were published in a book titled “Voices from Beyond the Vale” in 1928, the year she died. Her third husband (after her first two ended in divorce) was a “divine healer” who was referred to as Doctor even in his obituary.

And I had no idea about any of this before starting my family history research!

• Useful 5

Yeah, she sounds like she had quite the fascinating life, indeed :D. Wow. I especially love the detail about her getting in trouble for illegal fortune telling - I didn't realize that was something you could get in legal trouble for!

If/when you do get that book written and published, I'd check it out :). 

• Love 3

Annber03, thanks!! I just have a few more biographical details to pin down (where and when her second marriage started and ended, when exactly she moved to Montana to become a homesteader after divorce #2) as well as research the Chicago Spiritualist community around 1900 (that’s where I think she became a believer, as well as the HQ of the American Spiritualist movement). Oh, and try and get anything on hubby #3–he’s an utter mystery before he’s in the 1909 Billings, MT directory as co-owner of a lunch counter, a year before he’s living on Carrie’s farm as a farmhand. His complete absence from any records, even with a birth date, place, and parents’ names in the marriage certificate to Carrie, makes me think he might have started out their marriage as a grifter, using a fake name. If so, he stayed with her the rest of her life, so that’s something, at least. I just want to get a professional genealogist to verify my lack of research results.

Then I can get started writing!

As for the arrest, the police sent in a young woman to pose as a client and then swooped in to scoop her up. She was originally sentenced to 30 days and a $50 fine, but after the appeal, they only had her pay the fine. The local spiritualist community assisted in paying for her defense.

• Love 1

In the YouTube TV ad, I like the guy who is told he can catch up on sports highlights if he misses something but replies, "I actually like missing things.  My team's awful!"  The people are supposed to be considered odd for not wanting to take advantage of all the wonderful features, but this guy makes me laugh because there are many years when I've been able to relate in one sport or another.  I agree with his attitude.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

In the YouTube TV ad, I like the guy who is told he can catch up on sports highlights if he misses something but replies, "I actually like missing things.  My team's awful!"  The people are supposed to be considered odd for not wanting to take advantage of all the wonderful features, but this guy makes me laugh because there are many years when I've been able to relate in one sport or another.  I agree with his attitude.

Yep, there are plenty of teams whose fans I can imagine being okay with missing games.

And I'm with the woman who likes scrolling, although in my case it's because the services I have make the worst recommendations for me.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

The commercial that makes me smile when I hear the beginning notes is the 15-second Ancestry commercial that has four women featured—a woman who “started a legacy of education in my family,” a woman who ran for office, a woman who “had no problem breaking the norms,” and a woman who had a restaurant.

I grin when I hear it start, because my voice is the third one, talking about my great-great-grandmother Carrie McMaster.

It was really fun working with the company, who did not just the ad, but also gave us a full one-minute video just on Carrie for their Instagram and Facebook pages.

I hadn’t expected the ad to run for more than last spring, but I still see it a lot, especially on PBS. (I can’t attach it here since the file is too big.)

That is so cool!  I know it well, see it daily. I've always been interested in stuff like that

• Love 6
On 1/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, madmax said:

This is my new favorite commercial for a local convenience store/gas station:

I LOVE how he yells "OOH, with tots on it!" at the end, because that's exactly what I would do. 😄

I love that ad! Kappy sucks lately but still a funny commercial.  

• LOL 2

I really like this commercial for a car? Maybe? I dont care. But it gets played incessantly and I dont even care! It makes me smile every time. Four guys are dancing around, put their luggage in the back of the car, the driver tosses a grin at the camera and then everyone is in the car bouncing and they stop to pick up a woman and she has a dimple and everyone is just so dang happy. No clue what they want me to buy or why these super happy people would inspire me to do it (are they included with purchase? I want to be friends with them. If I buy whatever will I suddenly become friends with people like them? Commercial!). But. I love it. Every time I see it. Which is a lot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2022 at 3:43 PM, Pj3422 said:

This is becoming my new favorite. Christine Baranski can sell anything. 

I just can't look at her anymore without seeing Leonard Hofstadter's t-w-a-t of a mother

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

An Allstate commercial with Dean Winters as the latest hashtag challenge. "Tens of tens of views." The guy driving by just staring at him like wtf as he dances and then hits the truck in front of him. I laugh every time.

• Love 14