Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, KillingAdam said:

Hmmmm. Well since it's a commercial of course there's going to be acting going on, but the GRRRRRR! of the person in the airport seems genuine. of course for all I know it could have been the 50th take of that scene. Judging by the ad she seems like the type of kid who would have gotten books about tigers from the library and while he dad probably *sigh/eye roll* no doubt shielded her from some of the more AWESOME aspects of the MAGNIFICIENT beast, she had a good idea of just what they did. Plus she did jump a bit when the tiger moved toward her.

All that being said, sorry you had to deal with that. Did you at least get paid semi-well?

No payment.  Volunteer.  We had a lot of issues with that kid. The program was for kids in need, and this one was not needy in any way, shape, or form.  His mom also fibbed on his application and got him bumped to the front of the line, instead of kids who had been waiting.  In the end, the kid was removed from the program, and we got a great kid who gave us relatively little issue.  Every time I see the commercial I think of that kid, and that's probably why it annoys me a tad.  Since the people had to hop a plane to a zoo, I thought all the books and videos in the world don't prepare you for something like that face to face, and to me it would have been cuter for her to freak out (I've seen many kids over the years freak out at petting zoos and the like), but that's just me.

• Love 3
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, KillingAdam said:

So I really like the Expedia ad with the ADORBS!!!!! girl wearing the tiger outfit. BEHOLD AND WORSHIP THE ADORBS!!!!! 

I especially like the bit at the beginning where she "GRRRRS!!!" the person walking down the airport tunnel and also how she steps back when she actually comes face to face with the MAGNIFICENT BEAST.

My problem with that commercial is I wonder how long the kid has been in that outfit, and when it's going to start smelling.  The actual tiger is cool, though.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Texas? Maybe the Midland/Odessa area. According to Google Maps the nearest zoos are around 300 miles and a 5+ hour drive away, but airports are readily available.

That's funny to me, because I'd consider anything under like 10 hours "driving distance."  Flying somewhere would seem extravagant (although I could see why you wouldn't want to be in a car with a kid that long).

• Love 2
13 hours ago, janie jones said:

That's funny to me, because I'd consider anything under like 10 hours "driving distance." 

The idea may have been to make it more of an "adventure" for the kid. Although, 10 hours of driving round trip is a pretty big bite out of one's weekend/vacation too.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I've done 10 hours driving with two cats. Nine minutes into the trip, Bosco started howling.

My female red/orange mackerel tabby would love it - especially if I opened up part of the back seat so she could chillax in the trunk (she did that when we moved).  My small male tuxie would probably die of a heart attack - even with a Thunder Shirt on.

• Love 2

Progressive is running the game show commercial again with Gary who rings in before the question is even read.  It still makes me laugh the way he says "Wiegenlied."  

• Love 2

My favorite commercial right now is the Dunkin Donuts commercial with Pastrnak of the Boston Bruins. "Hey ref, check your voice mail....you missed a few calls." I'll have to use that line next Pens game I go to.😅

• Love 2

While it's not necessary a favorite, I am chuckling at the new Progressive ad (believe it or not) where Flo is being referred to as the "Wacky New Maid".  Reminds me of so many bad 80's TV shows.

• Love 12
On 4/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, mmecorday said:

This commercial exceeds its quota for beautiful people in a 30-second TV spot. I love that people of all ethnic backgrounds are being featured in ads now.

And the ad works, 'cause I bought some of this the other day. It's good foundation...I like it!

• Love 1

I wouldn't say this is a favorite commercial, but it amuses me. It's for hard iced tea with young people cavorting around a lake. One overhead shot shows people playing cornhole on a raft. I laugh because if I were playing they'd need a huge bin of extra bean bags because I'd be tossing them into the drink with regularity.

• Love 5
On 4/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I've done 10 hours driving with two cats. Nine minutes into the trip, Bosco started howling.

One of the scariest things I've experienced is driving to the vet with an 'un-carriered' terrified cat who was howling and panting with its mouth open. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2019 at 7:53 AM, Haleth said:

Progressive is running the game show commercial again with Gary who rings in before the question is even read.  It still makes me laugh the way he says "Wiegenlied."  

I think that might be the actor who played Steve Newlin on True Blood. Looks a lot younger though.

24 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

A Progressive commercial that I actually like!

Love Flo's reaction throughout it. 🤣

It reminds me of Too Many Cooks and, like Too Many Cooks, I can’t decide if I love it or want to run screaming.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Cadbury's  Crème Egg ad with the animals wearing bunny ears.  You can see the video in this link.  If you like this kind of thing, it's worth scrolling through for the photos at the end.   Cadbury's had a competition when they invited people to submit photos of their pets wearing bunny ears so this year's ad is updated with the bulldog winner.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26908260/henri-bulldog-cadbury-easter-bunny/

• Love 8

Awwww, that's adorable :). I loved that that article linked to the behind the scenes footage of Henri prepping for his ad :D. There's a fun job to have-photographing and filming cute animals for commercials. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Brookside said:

The Cadbury's  Crème Egg ad with the animals wearing bunny ears.  You can see the video in this link.  If you like this kind of thing, it's worth scrolling through for the photos at the end.   Cadbury's had a competition when they invited people to submit photos of their pets wearing bunny ears so this year's ad is updated with the bulldog winner.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26908260/henri-bulldog-cadbury-easter-bunny/

That's adorable! 🙂 With that said, I think it has been re-filmed over the years, but (via old YT commercial videos from the '80s that are up!) the commercial with other animals trying to impersonate the Easter Bunny has been airing since the early to mid-'80s! (Much like the Hershey Kisses playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" every Christmas season, Hershey's [which owns Cadbury in the US] doesn't seem inclined to part with classic commercials that work! Although it must have gotten some push back one year because the tagline one year said, "Nobunny knows Easter better than Hershey's!" instead of Cadbury, and after the one year, the old tagline returned in a hurry.)

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, WendyCR72 said:

That's adorable! 🙂 With that said, I think it has been re-filmed over the years, but (via old YT commercial videos from the '80s that are up!) the commercial with other animals trying to impersonate the Easter Bunny has been airing since the early to mid-'80s! 

Yes, thanks.  That's why I said it had been updated this year with the winning bulldog.  🙂

Edited by Brookside
Don't want to sound argumentative, just agreeable!
On 4/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, KillingAdam said:

So I really like the Expedia ad with the ADORBS!!!!! girl wearing the tiger outfit. BEHOLD AND WORSHIP THE ADORBS!!!!! 

I especially like the bit at the beginning where she "GRRRRS!!!" the person walking down the airport tunnel and also how she steps back when she actually comes face to face with the MAGNIFICENT BEAST.

I can't stand this ad. IMO, overindulgent parent let's child wear whatever they want to forever, regardless of whether it's appropriate or not. Then spends big money to fly (which is odd) to a zoo so said spoiled, overindulged child gets to see the tiger. Which probably thinks she's a cute snack. Hate hate hate. 

And as for long drives with animals, we're leaving on Tuesday for a 4 day drive with 3 kids and 2 dachshunds. Pray for us. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

... And as for long drives with animals, we're leaving on Tuesday for a 4 day drive with 3 kids and 2 dachshunds. Pray for us. 

If the 3 kids you mention are baby goats, that trip sounds like fun!  But if the kids are human children, I'd stay home with the dogs & hire someone to transport the children.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, fairffaxx said:

If the 3 kids you mention are baby goats, that trip sounds like fun!  But if the kids are human children, I'd stay home with the dogs & hire someone to transport the children.

Unfortunately, we're moving. So everybody has to go. The kids are an 8 year old boy and twin girls who will be 3 on Friday. We've got 2 vehicles, so we can move the kids around as needed. But any way you slice it, it's going to be a miserable drive. 

Topic? Love the Geico commercial in the diner. PIE!! 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I've got daddy driving another vehicle. Lol. He can drive my van or we can break up the kids. Lol. 

Breaking them up is a good thing.  You can use the arms and legs to wedge things into place and stop all the boxes rattling around as you go round corners.  Torsos make good pillows.

Edited by Brookside
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Breaking them up is a good thing.  You can use the arms and legs to wedge things into place and stop all the boxes rattling around as you go round corners.  Torsos make good pillows.

I laughed so hard, I woke up my dog. Who is looking at me like I'm crazy.  Fortunately, we've only got suitcases and a couple boxes.  So no need for wedging. But the pillow idea has possibilities. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I laughed so hard, I woke up my dog. Who is looking at me like I'm crazy.  Fortunately, we've only got suitcases and a couple boxes.  So no need for wedging. But the pillow idea has possibilities. 🤣

Heads are good for throwing/kicking around during pit stops.  Any body parts we haven't covered yet?

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Heads are good for throwing/kicking around during pit stops.  Any body parts we haven't covered yet?

Let's see.. Arms, legs, heads, torsos.. I think we've covered it all.  🤣

• Love 2
21 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I can't stand this ad. IMO, overindulgent parent let's child wear whatever they want to forever, regardless of whether it's appropriate or not. Then spends big money to fly (which is odd) to a zoo so said spoiled, overindulged child gets to see the tiger. Which probably thinks she's a cute snack. Hate hate hate. 

And as for long drives with animals, we're leaving on Tuesday for a 4 day drive with 3 kids and 2 dachshunds. Pray for us. 

Yeah, I mentioned a page or two back that I didn't like it either, a lot because it reminded me of a spoiled overindulged kid I worked with once through a service program.  I would have liked it more if the kid would have freaked out at the sight of the tiger and ran off screaming/crying, leaving the dad to wonder why he made this special trip.  I've seen kids do that (not necessarily with tigers but with other stuff) and it always is good for a chuckle.

• Love 3

I like the new Whole Foods series where it's funny instead of, you know: pretentious.

My favorite is the husband loading up on the asparagus.  When his wife is all "WTF?", he says, "You said, Get 'a bunch' of asparagus, and...[he figures it out]...oh."

It pinged the time when I was packing to go to my first high school overnight debate tournament.  My dad took my list to the store to pick up some essentials.  I'd included a request for legal paper, which we called "flow pads" (bc you wrote the 'flow' of the arguments on them during each round).

Dad came home with pencils, shampoo, and a box of Stayfree Maxi-pads🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, funky-rat said:

I've seen kids do that (not necessarily with tigers but with other stuff) and it always is good for a chuckle.

It's a cute ad with a cute kid (cute kids don't bother me as much as they obviously do a lot of people on these boards. They're kids for God's sake!), but it could have had a better pay off. The tiger could growl at the kid and the kid get scared or the tiger growls and the kids growls back or something (and no, not the glass breaks and the tiger eats the kid).

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

It's a cute ad with a cute kid (cute kids don't bother me as much as they obviously do a lot of people on these boards. They're kids for God's sake!), but it could have had a better pay off. The tiger could growl at the kid and the kid get scared or the tiger growls and the kids growls back or something (and no, not the glass breaks and the tiger eats the kid).

Kids in general don't bother me.  Overindulgent parents do, and sadly, kids who are a product of that kind of parenting annoy me by proxy.  A lot of people seem to like this commercial, and it's all good, but I've said a few times the kid reminds me of a kid who was absolutely miserable to deal with (as was his mother), and that association just puts the ad on my "no" list.

And it often doesn't do the kids a favor to be overindulged.  The kid I refer to had a hard time in the years after we stopped working with him (and no, I'm not saying that we were some magical force in his life - quite the opposite - we tried hard to get him to open up his world view and whatnot, and he flatly refused).  But his teen years seemed to be generally bad for him.  Changed schools a few times because "teachers just can't reach him/don't understand him", had no friends because "other kids are intimidated by his intelligence/creativity/etc", and he didn't graduate on time, but that wasn't his fault either.  He would frequently fling insults at adults, and his mother thought it was cute - "he's so smart".  Asking him to stop would get a response of "oh, they don't care - they think it's funny".

Yes, it's just a commercial, but it invokes bad memories, and I just don't care for it.  YMMV.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I like the National car rental ads with Patrick Warburton because of the way they slip in references to Get Smart. He was Hymie the Robot, a Control agent.

No, Dick Gautier  played Hymie the Robot...

• Love 3