Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

I think they've been brought up before, but I do like the Zillow commercials showing all the sides of the woman's personality.

I like that one as well especially the extended version that shows more of the different personalities.  🤣 It's good a showing how many emotions you can go thru when purchasing a house.

• Love 5

I wouldn't say this is a favorite commercial, but it is an informative one that needs to be seen: the commercial for the American Heart Association with Tessa, who had a stroke when she was a young woman in her 20s. I am very glad that she is sharing her story for a wide audience because strokes happen so suddenly and getting medical aid quickly can lead to a quicker recovery, depending on the severity. Some people are more vulnerable than others and a person's age, weight, environment and overall health are all factors, but strokes can happen to anyone.  I worked with a guy who was only 19 when he had a stroke. My mother suffered a stroke when she was 69 and she never recovered from it. It was so sad to see a once vital women who walked 4 miles every day and who sang so beautifully confined to a wheelchair and unable to speak. The American Heart Association does good work.

• Love 5

I actually like the Geico Angry Birds commercial.     Apparently they are still a thing.   There are still new games coming out, and I know they had one movie.   Geico seems to revive a lot of past stars, or celebrities for their commercials.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I love Mittens too!

I had my kitten spayed a few months ago at 5 1/2 months and when we got home from the surgery she was so sad and miserable in the cone that I put her in a onesie for the night. She had zero objections. I fully expected to be shredded wheat. 

onesie.jpg

That is so cute! We got our kitten spayed last month and she didn't get a onesie. The vet did say that she was really good about leaving the incision alone.

• Love 5

My Stella had exploratory abdominal surgery. She came home with a cone, but I took it off her while I was around. I put it on her before I went to work. When I came home, the cone was off, covering her dish. She left the incision alone, so I left the cone off. She was very good. Those "funnel-shaped tiaras" make it VERY hard to eat properly.

And they gave her a shredded newspaper litter box. She didn't realize it was a litter box, so it took her forever to poop and she peed in the water dish. Poor kitty.  (They didn't tell me this, but since I worked there, I read the records.)

15 hours ago, cynicat said:

I'm sure this one will drive some crazy, but it makes me smile every single time.

I usually have it muted (I tend to mute the TV once commercials come on) but I like Bubba and it's a cute commercial. I just want to know why they didn't include his dog in it, since dog food is one of the items he gets.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of disagreement but the Caesar's ads with Caesar and Cleopatra make me laugh, especially the ones with the Mannings.  Cooper is finally getting his due.

I like it too but I'm glad someone in the commercial mentioned their names because I wouldn't have guessed that guy was Ceasar or the lady was Cleopatra.  

Ceasar and Cleopatra

• Love 2
On 12/20/2021 at 5:10 AM, cynicat said:

I'm sure this one will drive some crazy, but it makes me smile every single time.

It's cute and the cashier's face is funny as the food just up and runs out the door but it's not something I would want to see a lot.  The yodeling would get tiresome REAL QUICK!

• Love 3
On 12/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I actually like the Geico Angry Birds commercial. 

My current favorite is the one with the couple talking about the animal in their attic, and it turns out to be Animal from The Muppets.

Geez, I get they can't stop him from running around and being loud, but they could at least take his drum set away...

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I don't know if this belongs here but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. There is a Carvana commercial where they talk about picking up your car and paying you on the spot. There is a house in the backround that I'm just obsessed with. It's a two story possible three, craftsman style house stained a really dark breen. I just love it.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know if this belongs here but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. There is a Carvana commercial where they talk about picking up your car and paying you on the spot. There is a house in the backround that I'm just obsessed with. It's a two story possible three, craftsman style house stained a really dark breen. I just love it.

If you like the commercial for whatever reason, I think it's OK.  I'll have to pay attention if it comes on again (I know the one) but I'm always distracted by that woman handing over the cash!

• LOL 2

I don't know anything about Angry Birds other than it's some sort of game, and the only Muppets I ever watched were the ones on Sesame Street so I don't know Animal.  So these last couple of Geico commercials aren't as funny to me as the others because I don't have the personal association, but I always look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

• Love 1

Just saw a commercial for L.L. Bean - a dog keeps resting its head on its owner's shirt, and gets sad when its owner has to take the shirt away 'cause he's going to wear it.

So what does the owner get his dog for Christmas? A shirt of their own to rest their head on :). The dog in the ad is so cute, too. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Just saw a commercial for L.L. Bean - a dog keeps resting its head on its owner's shirt, and gets sad when its owner has to take the shirt away 'cause he's going to wear it.

So what does the owner get his dog for Christmas? A shirt of their own to rest their head on :). The dog in the ad is so cute, too. 

It's even better. I think that's his shirt, not a new one.

• Love 12
On 12/24/2021 at 4:15 AM, Haleth said:

I agree.  It's a rite of passage.

Then a place should have been set for him in the first place. As it was, he was singled out from a group of children for special treatment.

• Love 4

I really like the AT&T slow internet commercials like the "You're not a bad sister" one and especially the "You're not a bad mom" one. When she starts singing to the kids over the internet, the looks on the grandparents faces are priceless! Then mom looks over her shoulder, like a good horror movie scene, and at the end when you see the grandmother tell the girl to run. This makes me laugh every time! These commercials makes me proud to be an AT&T customer...at least some of the time. 😉😁

7 hours ago, lu1535 said:

and especially the "You're not a bad mom" one.

That's the one I don't like, because the grandma's reaction makes no sense.  I'd think even the kids would understand what was happening, but the grandmother certainly should.  Yet she acts like either she, too, finds it frightening or the mother is scaring the kids on purpose.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, smittykins said:

On a similar note, this ad from a few years ago, with the son searching for and buying his dad’s ‘65 Impala, popped onto my YT homepage today.

Wow, what a great commercial. Another one that makes me cry.

• Love 4

Being from Chicago, I like this ad (there's a series with the same performer.  The one with "dibs" is good too.):

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

The Napoleon one is lame, though.

The Napoleon one is funny (not belly laugh funny).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3