Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

These women are hilarious! Having said that, the bar scene with the single ladies went on too long and, frankly, it made me uncomfortable. I'm not single and I'm old and I live in central California and maybe that's why. I felt as if I could smell the desperation of these mature women. I didn't like seeing it. Or Kelly Bensimon.

• Love 17

Yep...I dislike Dorinda. She very, very much speaks without thinking. And, I think she is very stuck up so there's just no hiding it. Loud. Abrasive. I mean, most of these women are but so far I find nothing redeeming about her. She just seems depressing and difficult. Nothing charming there or innocent or funny.

• Love 11

She tried to unsuccessfully save it by saying it was the shirt he was wearing. Dude was wearing a crisp white shirt with a nice striped colored tie. What about that screams coat check? Is that the traditional garb of coat checkers? And there was all kinds of neck craning and hand waving to get his attention too. Seriously wondered if someone who looked like that German model or even Luann's son had been wearing the same thing if she would have mistaken him for staff. She lost some cool points with me this evening.

I guess I didn't take it offensively. I've asked someone for help before and the person didn't work in the store. Mostly at Target if you have on a red shirt in target I'll probably ask you where something is.

Edited by howivesforever
  • Love 16

Um, who is Bethenny to dictate what everyone else is allowed to talk about? Meanwhile she "coke-talks" at a rate that sounds like she's had an 8-ball and a bottle of Adderall.

Bethenny to Heather: "I don't care. That doesn't interest me." Pause a minute, and imagine someone saying that to HER. How well do you think that would go over?

I assume that was directed to me. I don't remember the conversation verbatim, but what I remember is Beth seemed obviously uncomfortable and Heather wasn't going to shut her mouth for no one, no how. However, I can change my mind at any time due to the Oxy and mind altering memories it produces.

• Love 1

I always think one word when I see Dorinda. Coarse. She seems so out of place with this group, sort of like Cindy the bikini waxer did during her season. She's utterly and completely without charm.

• Love 11

I guess I didn't take it offensively. I've asked someone for help before and the person didn't work in the store. Mostly at Target if you have on a red shirt in target I'll probably ask you where something is.

I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped in stores - in nursing scrubs! ID on and everything.

• Love 7

But that's an innocent mistake.  If someone's wearing the same uniform color as a staff member, then that's expected.  However, the guy at the restaurant was dressed in a white shirt and tie.  Now, I don't patronize fancy places all that often, but I'm assuming coat check staff would be behind a desk, and her coat would've been checked the moment she walked in.

• Love 14

But that's an innocent mistake. If someone's wearing the same uniform color as a staff member, then that's expected. However, the guy at the restaurant was dressed in a white shirt and tie. Now, I don't patronize fancy places all that often, but I'm assuming coat check staff would be behind a desk, and her coat would've been checked the moment she walked in.

I definitely see that, but I'll give her a pass this time.

• Love 1

I didn't necessarily think Dorinda's mistake was color-based. I'm a white woman and have been asked "do you work here?" at times. All I can think of is, I'm an introvert and sometimes force myself to smile and make eye contact with people in pubic places (why? just as an exercise in being outgoing). I think when you project that you're approachable, people WILL approach you for a variety of reasons. (At least in Boston - it's not a particularly friendly city!)

Bethenny's comment about Heather's mini Shark Tank being a "handjob" was rude. I wonder if she cuts off people in business meetings with the same "I'm done, this is boring me" schtik.

• Love 10

I give Dorinda a pass of mistaking someone for working there.  Yes, he was in a crisp white shirt and a tie.  But, he wasn't wearing a jacket.  IMO, it was an honest mistake.  If a man is in a restaurant where suits are the norm, they usually don't take their jackets off....at least in my experience. 

• Love 7

I can think of a few restaurants by me where the men must wear a black or white shirt and tie.  I give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.  She should have gotten him a drink.

• Love 8

I get that Bethany doesn't like Kelly but she was being a rude drama queen not going to the table and staying at the bar until Luann came to her. There were enough people in the group that she wouldn't have had to say more than hi to Kelly.

• Love 19

I wonder if the wheelchair-bound gentleman that Dorinda took for a homeless person was black as well.

Why no, whyever such a question!  I do believe the colour of that man's skin -- immediately placing him in the serving classes per Miss Dorinda's estimation  -- why,  that's purely an innocent mistake Miss Dorinda made!  Jes like Miss Scarlett done did at Ashley Wilkes' barbecue.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16

Wow, no flies on Sonja when a man walks into the room. She had that German guy cornered, seated and trapped between her and Kelly, of all people, before he knew what hit him.

He didn't seen to mind though. He looked like he was about to jizz in his pants when she was dancing on his lap.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7

I think I need to gain 9 pounds.  The day Methinny looks older then the Countess and SONJA, I know to gain some weight.  Bethanny is so exhausting.  I'd rather just watch episodes of the cougar den for the rest of the season. 

Koodles for Beth or whatshisname for keeping Bryn off camera.  Sad to hear how Avery responded to her dad, not really, jk, I threaten Mr. LabLover with that all the time.  "LilMissLab will hate you!"  LOL  

I'm twisted, Sonja makes me giggle with her cougar moves and her make no sense conversations.   

I'd walk out on brunch with vodka and a blender in two seconds.  Hollar Heather - throw in a yummy tummy and I'm good!

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 10

I'm not sure about Dorinda and I usually give the newbie a lot of breaks their first year.

It's a bit immature and passive aggressive but I don't blame Lu for mentioning that stuff to Ramona. Ramona hasn't always been supportive or sensitive to her. Now she knows how it feels.

Bethenny loves those stale pop references and dated slang maybe that's why she's talking like Six from Blossom .

• Love 21

I was liking Dorinda up until tonight. I don't frequent high class joints, but aren't you supposed to check your coat when you enter? All that screeching out at a random man is not much different than the ugly American who likes to yell out garçon. Good Lord, my dad was a country boy from Arkansas who had an eighth grade education, and he handled himself with ten times the class she showed in restaurants. But then he knew how to treat people with respect.

So she neglects to check her own coat, summons the nearest black man like Her Majesty to do it for her, and worst of all, it's a fur. Where's PETA with red paint when you need them?

• Love 21

Isn't "little miss lab" your dog?

Noooooooo.  Lab is dog.  Lablover is me.  LilMiss is Lil Miss.  LOL  Like Little Miss Sunshine ;)  "Grandpa's in the trunk" LilMiss.  Hee.  I must have drank some Sonja "tea" and make no sense. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 5

When they showed this in the preview, I thought it was typical Bravo editing, and when the scene was fleshed out, it wouldn't be so bad. But no! She actually said that! As the HW line goes: who says that? It's so friggin' rude. I know she's always been acerbic, but I don't remember her being this bitchy and harsh. To the point where I think something's wrong with her. The way she spoke to Heather tonight, last week's spazzing-out at Ramona, the preview for next week when she again tells Heather that her POV is ridiculous and she pretends to go to sleep. It's like she feels she's impervious to criticism - Bethenny the Queen has returned to the NY franchise to save it, and all must bow down to her witticisms, her brunch plans, her Skinnygirl product placements, and her points of view. And if anyone doesn't, they get shot down in the rudest of fashion.

Hey, get out of my head Lotus - my thoughts exactly. I was sure that the previews were just funking editing. No way did I expect Beth to be that rude. Sure, she can be - we have seen it - but generally the person in her line of fire kind of deserves it. It seems to me that Heather is not quite herself around Beth; maybe a little bit nervous or apprehensive? Beth seems to know this and I think she likes it.

• Love 9

Has Bethenny said anything nice about or to anyone this season, except for liking Carole's slutty boots?

Oh, and then she got all quick-fast-speak and "but"-y when Carole said something like, "But you're wearing a bra." Ma'am, you can't crackwise about someone's "slutty" boots when you're sitting there in a camisole with your girls on display (not that there's anything wrong with Carole's over-the-knee boots or Bethenny's camisole).

On Dorinda's coatcheck issue: I can understand if she were in an establishment where the employees are clearly in some kind of uniform (as someone above mentioned, perhaps confusing a person in a red top at Target with a Target employee), but there were several things that Dorinda should have stopped to consider. First off, why would a coat check attendant be walking through the restaurant and not be, you know, at the coat check room? The clothes the man was wearing (with a nice colorful tie, not some standard black tie) should have indicated that he wasn't coat check. Lastly, as was pointed out, Dorinda doing all that body twisting and shouting and reaching out was her really doing the most. I have to wonder how many non-Black men, wearing a crisp white button down and a nice tie, she tried to flag down. Something tells me zero. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 23

Luann and Bethenny's little backstory about Ramona's dress was giving me life.

Spill the beans ladies, I like it! That story was so Ramona, lol

I cackled when Bethenny said that Ramona wore the dress in a picture with her daughter and posted the pic to Instagram like two months after the theft. I can't stand Bethenny, but the story was hilarious. I would totally expect Ramona to do something that shady. I can't believe she said the dress fell out of her car.

Bethenny's show should have invoiced Ramona for the cost of the dress.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 15

Does anyone know what dating sites Mario is on?  I would love to read his  profile just for chits an giggles.I cant believe he stayed with Ramona  for so long. Plus I cant stand the way Ramona pronounces his name Mar {like car } rio. In Jersey we say  it kinda  like... maried oh.. But without the d sound.

Sugardaddy.com?????

I can't believe Ramona took his shit for so long.

Did anyone catch Heather on WWHL talking about the episode? First of all, she looked amazing. It sounds like the tension with Beth will get more intense, but I didn't get the impression that it lasts all season.

The bigger shocker was that she and Lu are on the outs. Lu sent a Tweet during the show calling Heather out for something she said (something about Lu offering her a coat from her Estate Sale?) Heather basically called Lu a liar and said that they are having problems. Lu followed that up with yet another Tweet. It sounds like things get ugly. I'm disappointed because I like them as friends.

• Love 12

Dorinda also assuming a wheelchair bound man was homeless made me side eye her as well.

Same here.  Perhaps one day my wheelchair bound stepsister and her Masters degree in psychology will roll over Dorinda's bare feet.

• Love 17

I cackled when Bethenny said that Ramona wore the dress in a picture with her daughter and posted the pic to Instagram like two months after the theft. I can't stand Bethenny, but the story was hilarious. I would totally expect Ramona to do something that shady. I can't believe she said the dress fell out of her car.

Bethenny's show should have invoiced Ramona for the cost of the dress.

That story was hilarious and you know it is TRUTH or Ramona would be having a fit on her twitter. I LMAO

Who does that? Ramona that is who ... LOL

It wasn't lost on me the fact that Ramona lied and said that it fell out of the back of her car, LOL talk about crazy excuses , then she probably forgot and posts a picture of her wearing the dress on her instagram and now she got caught red handed, LOL , it also wasn't lost on me the fact that Luann also brought it up to shade Ramona, I see Luann is back to some of her old tricks and I love it, :)

I hope the issue comes up at the reunion, I am dying to hear Ramona's explanation of the incident , LMAO

I love RHNY , they are fast talkers, shady and neurotic but with the kind of drama that I like, nothing too dark, nothing too personnal or upsetting. BRAVO.

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 11

Loved Dorinda referring to Sonja and Ramona as ' old bitches' ! heh!

Did anybody eat anything at those brunches or just drink bloody's?

I thought the same thing, nobody ate a thing.

I love that on Shas of Sunset, there is always a spread of food in every scene. And they eat it lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
Luann really was being a bit snakey last night. The few digs she got in about Mario, then the Kelly thing. I don't believe for one second she just happened to run into Kelly and was able to drag her away from her active social calendar to come film with the girls. Nope. Not buying it. But I also wouldn't be surprised if the producers put Luann up to it. Either way, it didn't amount to much, which was nice. I appreciated that Bethenny wasn't having a diva, "You can't hang out with her!" fit. She just wanted a heads up. 

Other than that, Bethenny is rubbing me a bit wrong this time around (coming from a former big fan of hers). She's got this whole bored attitude about her. "I'm bored", "This is boring me", "I have no interest in this", "You're boring". It's very condescending. 

I agree. I sincerely doubt Luann just ran into Kelly...NYC is small, certainly, but that had scripted all over it.

There's a tactful way to say 'I don't want to talk about this', but Bethenny has yet to figure that out. She is very condescending. I really hope Heather gives that rudeness back to her so she can see that it's not nice at all for someone to tell you that they are not interested in what you are saying.

I will give Bethenny some kudos for making sure her Skinnygirl products get captured by the camera. I bet that was part the deal for her return. I'm sure she has a huge Skinnygirl bed set in her master bedroom, too.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8
Is it wrong that I when I leave my house I used to tell my three dogs to "be good doggies, no messes", and no I say "be cool, don't be all, like, uncool"?

No! It's awesome. I think I might start using that when my kids are fighting. 

There's a tactful way to say 'I don't want to talk about this', but Bethenny has yet to figure that out. She is very condescending.

I guess maybe telling someone you're bored with their conversation is a step up from threatening to shove a skewer in your eye if they don't change the subject?

• Love 11

Does anyone know what dating sites Mario is on?  I would love to read his  profile just for chits an giggles.I cant believe he stayed with Ramona  for so long. Plus I cant stand the way Ramona pronounces his name Mar {like car } rio. In Jersey we say  it kinda  like... maried oh.. But without the d sound.

Someone posted them here. Not sure which thread. Hmm I wonder if there's a way to search for the post?

I think Kristen was on tonight...right? The lack of her presence in these first three episodes makes me question.why she isn't a friend of? Oh wait..never mind...she's besties with Brandi glanville...Andy Cohen's bestie..never mind.

Bethanny is a bull in.a china shop. Glad to know Heather and bethanny will be locking horns. Gee..bethanny for someone saying her issues with Kelly were two thousand and something...you certainly had no problems excluding yourself from the group lol. Bethanny is all bark, no bite

• Love 7

Did anyone catch Heather on WWHL talking about the episode? First of all, she looked amazing. It sounds like the tension with Beth will get more intense, but I didn't get the impression that it lasts all season.

The bigger shocker was that she and Lu are on the outs. Lu sent a Tweet during the show calling Heather out for something she said (something about Lu offering her a coat from her Estate Sale?) Heather basically called Lu a liar and said that they are having problems. Lu followed that up with yet another Tweet. It sounds like things get ugly. I'm disappointed because I like them as friends.

Oh no, I'm sad to hear that Heather and Lu are on the outs because I really do like both of them.  I wonder if it's related to that "Just be cool" scene and the "strange men" in the house that scared Heather? 

I did see the first few minutes of WWHL where she says that Sonja continues to date that young German guy throughout the season, and Lu continues to see her "bathroom buddy" as well. So it seems that this season of RHoNY has a theme, and that theme is most definitely Cougar. *growling cat noise*

Has Bethenny said anything nice about or to anyone this season, except for liking Carole's slutty boots?

I think she did tell Luanne that she looked "incredible" in the first episode when Lu visits her at the hotel.  Other than that, nope.  She (B) is really coming off as a coked-out beeyotch so far this season and I'm not enjoying her the way I thought I would.  Disappointing.

I just can't with her she is so rude and condescending.

She really is.  If I was Heather I would have had a hard time not getting up and leaving after her "this is not interesting to me" comments.  Like, Heather was ON your side, trying to empathize with you, Bethanny.

So far Kristen seems like the "friend of" the Housewives, while Ramona seems to be a full-on Housewife.  And I'm totally A-OK with that!

• Love 6

Lu wasn't even really stealth about her bitchiness to Ramona, but I don't really blame her after the way Ramona acted when she was getting divorced. And you could tell it bugged her that even now Ramona is making excuses to make it seem like her situation is somehow different. Mario isn't just a cad who cheats with younger women, he is unwell and he was dating a woman in her 30's not a 20 year old! Ha, classic Ramona. I still enjoy her. 

Bethenny seems to think her bluntness needed to be turned up to 20, which makes it much less endearing than it used to be. She used to have a certain charm along with a crude humor, I'd like to see some of that back. 

• Love 13

I'm not sure I'm understanding Heather's angle this season. It's as if she wants to impress Bethenny with her own success and intelligence. I would get impatient with her, too. She needs to stop trying to explain everything to death. 

Dorinda lost me a little this episode as well. She was a bitch at lunch with her boyfriend, getting on the phone telling who ever he was talking to that it was rude to call him at lunch. How the hell did that person know he was going to be at lunch? It was up to the boyfriend to shut the phone call down. I don't like their relationship so far. 

Ramona was saying she and Mario had a perfect marriage up to the end, Lu said in her talking head the marriage was falling apart for quite a while and they all knew it. So which is it, girls? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

Is it wrong that I when I leave my house I used to tell my three dogs to "be good doggies, no messes", and now I say "be cool, don't be all, like, uncool"?

Please tell me you also use the neck and arm gestures too?

• Love 5

I'm not sure I'm understanding Heather's angle this season. It's as if she wants to impress Bethenny with her own success and intelligence. I would get impatient with her, too. She needs to stop trying to explain everything to death.

Dorinda lost me a little this episode as well. She was a bitch at lunch with her boyfriend, getting on the phone telling who ever he was talking to that it was rude to call him at lunch. How the hell did that person know he was going to be at lunch? It was up to the boyfriend to shut the phone call down. I don't like their relationship so far.

Ramona was saying she and Mario had a perfect marriage up to the end, Lu said in her talking head the marriage was falling apart for quite a while and they all knew it. So which is it, girls?

Ramona lives in Ramonaworld. I'm sure Mario began by being discreet. The notoriety of the show made his business public so that there was no denying it. Lu didn't cop to marital problems until it was public either. Ramona felt her marriage was working.

Mario's roving eye has been evident since Season One.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 12