Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

Bethenny's whiny TH in the preview totally sums up my thoughts about Kelly's appearance in next week's episode:

"Kelly Bensimon?  Ugh, really?  That is so two-thousand-and-who-cares."  

• Love 7

Bethenny's whiny TH in the preview totally sums up my thoughts about Kelly's appearance in next week's episode:

"Kelly Bensimon?  Ugh, really?  That is so two-thousand-and-who-cares."

Sums up my thoughts about Bethenny's return too!
  • Love 8

Carole has hairy toes! (I have to shave mine, too.)

What is up with Bethenny's hair in the THs in which she's wearing the turquoise shirt?

Ramona is just insane. Her eyes are leaping out of her head. The balls on her to take the dress, claim she lost it, then post a photo of herself in the dress months later.

Any psychiatrists watching this show? Why is Ramona so self-righteous and confident?

Dorinda is very funny: (in the deepest voice) "I'd like extra Worcestershire. Right away. . . . And I like salt." While Ramona and Sonja are bickering.

• Love 9

What is up with Bethenny's hair in the THs in which she's wearing the turquoise shirt?

I noticed that, too. Bad wig or something.

Skinnygirl products all over Bethenny's house! Isn't that what offices are for? I love what Carole said - it's like the house is shrink-wrapped in Skinnygirl products, and she's seen less product shilling at an Oscar gifting suite!

I like Dorinda, too.

• Love 7

If I were in the Lu/Kristen/Heather/Carol camp, I'd decline BOTH brunches and just hang in Lu's backyard and have Adam make some French toast and mimosas.  That's half the cast and a good way to say, "We're not playing the 'alpha bitch contest' and we have a hot dude for Andy to drool over." 

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 15

Carole has hairy toes! (I have to shave mine, too.)

Ramona is just insane. Her eyes are leaping out of her head. The balls on her to take the dress, claim she lost it, then post a photo of herself in the dress months later.

Any psychiatrists watching this show? Why is Ramona so self-righteous and confident?

Dorinda is very funny: (in the deepest voice) "I'd like extra Worcestershire. Right away. . . . And I like salt." While Ramona and Sonja are bickering.

Seriously about Ramona doing that- that is some scary shit. A pathology that is really fucked up. A two or three year old would do something like that with a cookie or toy or something. For a grown woman to do that and blatantly lie and expose it etc it something I would say someone with a personality disorder would do. Do something bad/bizarre/illegal and then deny it and then later expose the lie. It is like she wants to be called out for a fight or she is so brazen she thinks she is untouchable. Case in point Lindsay Lohan. Especially when Ramona is a supposed millionaire. To make up that it fell out of taxi or whatever. Yikes.

I like Dorinda and the fact she is three shows in and doesn't already give a fuck. Nor will she engage in stupid shit between two crazy women.

Bethenny looks ill. I mean her lower jaw looks swollen, she looks emaciated, her hair thin and skin sallow and circles around the eyes. I would say her bad eating disorder is rearing its ugly head. I am not surprised though-stress can exacerbate the problem and can help with control issues. She is pissed Jason is fighting her and still in what she considers to be her apartment. IMO of course.

• Love 5

Bethenny is on RHoNY to hawk her wares, so I don't mind that her Hamptons house is "shrink-wrapped" in Skinnygirl. It was a good way to see how the brand has expanded.

The story about the dress cracked me up. Ramona is really a piece of work. Poor Dorinda. Looks like she's stuck with the B-group this year. It's going to be an entire season of Frick & Frack screaming at each other over nothing and comparing war stories about their ex-husbands. That doesn't look like any fun.

So far, I'm still enjoying LuAnn. She looked stunning in those white shorts and sweater robe.

This whole time, I thought too-cool-for-school Carole was just naturally tiny. But after that shady comment about Ramona not being able to fit any of her dresses, I think she relishes that frail grandma look she's cultivated. Does she know that she wouldn't have to fill her face will man-made materials if she'd put some actual food in it?

Kristin is driftwood.

If I were in the Lu/Kristen/Heather/Carol camp, I'd decline BOTH brunches and just hang in Lu's backyard and have Adam make some French toast and mimosas. That's half the cast and a good way to say, "We're not playing the 'alpha bitch contest' and we have a hot dude for Andy to drool over."

You're right, Lizzing. The A-group is a powerful faction right now. They don't have to choose between Bethenny or Ramona. Let's see if this bloc survives the season. Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 12

LOVE Heather jumping right on Bethenny about coming at Ramona right out of the gate. LOVE! And Carole talking about the house being shrink wrapped in Skinnygirl. I love that these two are calling her out on the obvious.  I loved the front of the house ( well after I said "HOMELESS?") until I realized the Red front door and Adirondack chairs are just props as a stage to her logo when I saw the red accents in the house also. It's a sales package not a home. Gawd, if I had earned fuck you money (ie a LOT) I would buy a fancy house but Christ on a Cracker does Lisa Rinna have a Depends logo lit up at night on the side of her garage? NO.  Bethenny wanted to have that brunch to shill her crap. Period.

Bethenny was unwilling to let it go when someone was talking about the 2 simeltanous brunches and said "How could you have known where everyone else was staying?" And Bethenny didn't just say, 'exactly- my bad' she said "WHO CARES where everyone is staying!" She just cannot see the point of view of anyone else. When you have a weekend guest good manners says don't poach them from the hostess.

As far as Ramona and the tv show dress I do not believe a single word Bethenny says. If Bethenny tells it, automatically back it down 3 levels and cut the truth in half. The truth is that Ramona borrowed the dress someone from wardrobe who said 'keep it' unbeknownst to Bethenny (like Bethenny was running wardrobe on hers show? honestly?) Ramona forgot about it. Hope Ramona blogs about it. Guarun-fucking-teed there is another side to the story.

Dorinda, like her!

And F YOU Bethenny you don't know the new girl's names---------------- your assistants have been googling them for weeks for you.

Lu's house. SO conducive to coffee klatch on Sunday morning, cozy. Ramona- cold and too formal- not happenin'. Bethenny- antiseptic not happenin'.

• Love 5

Oh I'm so excited.  I'm two episodes and one first look in and I'm still having fun!  Dressgate!  I get that B could care less because she seems to have written Ramona off years ago.  Everyone is giving me great THs.  Dorinda really gets the tempo of the group.  She's just the right mix.  I'm guessing since Lu has known her for years that I can thank Lu for her.  Kristen better step it up.

There is just the right amount of head butting.  I expect nothing less for as Lu calls them the rock and the hard place.  And Sonja is just the right amount of looney tunes.  I don't get the sick feeling that I felt with Kim.  Thumbs up!

Please, please, please let Ramona steal a dress from the dry cleaners.  I need that.

• Love 10

Carole's always had really strange features but I feel like she's been looking more outlandish in the face lately if that's possible. Also she needs to cool it with the body snarking like to Ramona and off screen to others.

• Love 5

I am so sorry....I've read the whole thread and the blogs but can't remember dress-gate. Coud someone please fill me in?

In the most recently aired First Look, Bethenny claims Ramona came to a taping of her talk show and had spilled something on her dress so she asked to borrow a dress from wardrobe. Ramona then left with the dress, later claimed it flew out the back window of her car, but then months later posted a picture of herself and Avery where she was wearing the same dress. Hahah classic Ramina nuttiness.

Carole's always had really strange features but I feel like she's been looking more outlandish in the face lately if that's possible. Also she needs to cool it with the body snarking like to Ramona and off screen to others.

I admittedly dislike Carol and her entire schtick but that crack about Ramona not fitting into her dresses made me feel justified in a lot of my biases against her. She really thinks she's hot shit when she's all teeth and bones.

• Love 7

Even though bethenny's delivery is a little over the top, I'm on her side on the issue of brunch gate. She was just trying to invite everyone over in a friendly manner (including Ramona), and it was Ramona that went batshit crazy, telling Sonja she wasn't going anywhere because she was Ramona's guest. What?! Ramona obviously lied about her brunch in some sort of move to be in control.

It's crazy to me that people acquiesce to Ramonas immaturity.

In any event, bethenny's house looked lovely.

• Love 5

In the most recently aired First Look, Bethenny claims Ramona came to a taping of her talk show and had spilled something on her dress so she asked to borrow a dress from wardrobe. Ramona then left with the dress, later claimed it flew out the back window of her car, but then months later posted a picture of herself and Avery where she was wearing the same dress. Hahah classic Ramina nuttiness.

25 years ago Ramona began stealing dresses.  She and Sonja were bests at the time.  Last year Ramona had a party with hundreds of picture of she and Sonja back in the day.  Young gals in the city, hitting the clubs ...

So one day they went to a sample sale.  Sonja had picked out a number of dresses.  Ramona wanted 'just to try one on' she took and BOUGHT it.  They didn't speak for 20 years.  

So Ramona just steals dresses.  That's why I need her to steal something from the dry cleaners.  I believe there is a dress stealing 3 strikes rule.

• Love 8

So Ramona just steals dresses.  That's why I need her to steal something from the dry cleaners.  I believe there is a dress stealing 3 strikes rule.

I was wondering what that story about Ramona and Sonja not speaking was about! That's kind of hilarious too like an episode of sex and the city.

I hope Ramona shows up to an event this season in that gold number from the dry cleaners.

• Love 6

She got some nerves with her looks to be criticizing someone's else.
  • Love 3

Seriously about Ramona doing that- that is some scary shit. A pathology that is really fucked up.

I think she just really liked that dress.

25 years ago Ramona began stealing dresses.

He, he!

I hope Ramona shows up to an event this season in that gold number from the dry cleaners.

That would be perfect.

• Love 1
Dueling brunches are held by Bethenny and Ramona. The ladies first attend Bethenny's brunch, highlighted by mimosas and gossip, then arrive late to Ramona's event. Meanwhile, Dorinda reconnects with her boyfriend; and two very opinionated women clash at a lunch.
  • Love 1

I thought Bethenny's house was pretty, and I loved the pops of red, BUT she got a 15 minute or so commercial for her brand that she didn't pay for. I won't buy Skinny Girl anything, ever. And I kind of like Bethenny sometimes. I realize they all get to shill their "brand" on RH, but Beth's was especially visual and over the top.

I didn't get from the clip we got that she was inviting everyone to brunch. If so, that was fair and nice. It was ridiculous of Ramona to say she sent emails to everyone about brunch AFTER Bethenny extended her invitation. Ramona is annoying as hell and I don't think I could spend five minutes around that mouth of hers running all the time.

• Love 4

I thought Bethenny's house was pretty, and I loved the pops of red, BUT she got a 15 minute or so commercial for her brand that she didn't pay for. I won't buy Skinny Girl anything, ever. And I kind of like Bethenny sometimes. I realize they all get to shill their "brand" on RH, but Beth's was especially visual and over the top.

This is purely speculation but I think that Bethenny negotiated product placement in her Bravo contract.  

RHONY needed a boost and Bravo wanted her back.

• Love 9

Ramona is annoying as hell and I don't think I could spend five minutes around that mouth of hers running all the time.

I could not agree more! Yes, it was terrible to cheat on her, but I have always wondered how Mario could tolerate Ramona. She never shuts up AND everything she says makes me stabby. She is in great shape but aren't there a lot of women out there in great shape who aren't so annoying?
  • Love 5

25 years ago Ramona began stealing dresses. 

So fucking funny. God, I'm glad this show is back. A pathological dress stealer, control freak lunatics arguing over brunch - that's what I'm talking about!

• Love 9

So fucking funny. God, I'm glad this show is back. A pathological dress stealer, control freak lunatics arguing over brunch - that's what I'm talking about!

Hell yes! This is the kind of thing I want to see. Grown ass women arguing over brunch and stories of dresses gone missing. I love this shit. There is just so much to snark on, and the TH's are fantastic. So far I am loving the entire dynamic. I was kind of afraid that Ramona wouldn't be Ramona anymore with the whole scandal, but I am giddy to see that she is still just at bat-shit crazy as ever. Love that everyone sees it and calls it out. 

• Love 7

The story about the dress flying out the taxi window...

Because it's so unbelievable, I can't decide if Ramona is so BSC that she thought anyone would believe that OR if she never said it at all and Bethenny is taking hyperbole to her usual extreme. 

I can totally believe Moaner swiped the dress, but how does a dress with that kind of bulk fly out a window?

• Love 6

The story about the dress flying out the taxi window...

Because it's so unbelievable, I can't decide if Ramona is so BSC that she thought anyone would believe that OR if she never said it at all and Bethenny is taking hyperbole to her usual extreme. 

I can totally believe Moaner swiped the dress, but how does a dress with that kind of bulk fly out a window?

What is it with these fa-a-bulous NY broads and their shiftiness towards clothes? We've got this story + the one about Ramona snatching Sonja's find at the sample sale years back; Sonja, whose clothes have tags on them when she wears them out, which she claims is deliberate; and back in Season 2 or 3, Ramoanin' snotting something about Jill losing her elite credit status at SFA because she returned worn merchandise.

• Love 6

As much as I love Ramona and the dress story Bethenny is a lying liar who lies. I predict Mona will blog about the dress and there's more to the story. Wardrobe gave it to her... The Instagram pic was taken before the dress flew out of the cab allegedly etc we'll see!

• Love 3

I don't know if the dress story is true, but I want it to be, lol. I love that we got to see Ramona posing in the dress with Avery....dress flew out the window, lol that is too funny.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

Does anyone know what dating sites Mario is on?  I would love to read his  profile just for chits an giggles.I cant believe he stayed with Ramona  for so long. Plus I cant stand the way Ramona pronounces his name Mar {like car } rio. In Jersey we say  it kinda  like... maried oh.. But without the d sound.

• Love 2

I have never heard so many words in one hour. Slow down!

I don't care if it was scripted or if I've seen it in 100 promos, "That's so two thousand and who cares" is a quality line that makes me laugh. Can't believe Kelly is still holding her lips like that.

• Love 12

OK, so this dress thing with Ramona! Man, don't come between Ramona and a dress she likes! But, I have to say, I'm calling bullshit on Bethenny acting like Ramona keeping the dress didn't bother her. She threw shade with detail after detail then tried to end with, But, no, I'm not upset about that. Girl, yes you are. You aren't giving details about stuff that didn't bother you.

Also funny? Bethenny talking about how talkative Heather is. Beth, dear, have you met you? She's slowly losing me. I've been a fan/apologist for a long long while (and I likely will be when it comes to Jason and his fuckery), but Bethenny inserting herself all, "So, what's the deal with so-and-so?" only to act like she's disinterested when someone is telling her about what she did to another had me rolling my eyes so hard.

Lastly, LuAnn, I see you! Sneaking off with that dude in his early 20s. What were you saying about Carole?

• Love 19

Do we have another Ramonaism? She's mellowed and "going for the flow"?

I'm with Bethenny, "Shut the fuck up Heather!" Don't kill the messenger? She went on and on even after being asked to cool it! I can't remember what Carol said in her talking head, but she was mean. Sonja is pathetic. More later after the Oxycodine wears off...

• Love 8

Wow! These Cougars know how to party! And the Countless going to the 'ladies room' with that young guy. Sexy time? This is why she isn't aging I think. And I don't think Ramona is that upset over Mary-O, she was having a good time getting hit on by all those men.

I thought Dorinda was going to be the nice one. Boy, was I wrong! She's very aggressive and I don't think John was at that club for 'business'.

Heather and Bethenny are not going to to get along which means Kristen won't either.

• Love 4

Okay so pardon me while I'm excited...

That is Taylor Swift's building they showed when they captioned Bethennys apartment in Soho. Sorry. Sorry.

I just really heart Taylor Swift. And...bethenny gets to live right by her, maybe in the same building. The " two apts together?" That's likely Swifts.

I'll shut up about it now.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 8

Really?! Did Dorinda just ask another patron to check her coat, assuming he worked there?!

Yeah, I'm going to need for her to do better.  Dorinda also assuming a wheelchair bound man was homeless made me side eye her as well.

• Love 17

Weren't other celebs leaving that building because Taylor Swift moved in and brought  the paparazzi with her?  That was probably a huge selling point to Bethany.  

I don't blame Bethany for stocking that brunch with Skinny Girl, I would be nonstop using the show to promote crap, just like every other housewife does.  And I could see how Heather trying so hard to have filmable moments with her by bringing herself into the drama would get on her nerves.  But Bethany is going to have to play ball eventually, she knew what she was signing up for.

They really are an attractive group of women, Carole looked especially sexy in those boots.  Someone please post Sonja's man's Instagram, he must have one. 

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 12