Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

I'm not a fan of any of the women on this show, and while certain aspects of Bethenny's personality are problematic - her preoccupation with unhappiness is tragic and the attendant "poor me" propensities myopic - I don't see what was beyond the pale about how she addressed Heather's desire to revisit the conversational topic of Ramona's character foibles. Yes, it's the function of these ladies to discuss their social interactions; it's also their job to respond to those social interactions "realistically." Bethenny wasn't interested in endlessly dissecting the minor ways in which Ramona has become less confrontational right after Ramona initiated a confrontation with her. She asked that Heather not pursue the thread of discourse any longer. What's the problem? Yes, Bethenny was kind of gruff - more so than I'd strive to be - but she wasn't upset about or angry with Ramona or especially antagonistic toward Heather; she just said she didn't feel a lot of patience for or interest in Ramona's outburst. Considering the preview of next week in which Heather is relaying how "hurt" Kristen feels over not receiving an invitation to the outing Bethenny's spearheading - despite, you know, not knowing Bethenny that well - and I can understand Beth's exasperation. Sure, she could be more gracious in her articulation but then Heather could refrain from appointing herself as the intermediary for conflicts that don't exist/are one-sided.

Heather never bothered me in the past but she is being edited to sound like a boring gossip. I'm sure she had lots of shady shit to say about Ramona and Sonja… actually I don't think it is editing by bravo but her editing herself (about Ramona but not Sonja) which is smart but boring (at least in this episode).

Annoying: appointing herself as the intermediary for conflicts that don't exist/are one-sided

Heather seems intimidated by Bethanny which surprises me since she has previously seemed strong. Why would she throw shade on Sonja and Ramona to someone she doesn't know? I find gossip and shade throwing fun to watch at times but mainly when it is done in front of the person being "shaded". Why would she try to explain Ramona to someone who knows Ramona better?

Who was that random woman at Ramona's brunch who was trashing Bethanny? Was that Ramona's sister?

I hope Kristen is not rehired. She is boring and any potential like I had for her, disappeared when I found out she is friends with trashy bg.

None of these women are malignantly repulsive as kim or bg (k/b). All of them are fame-whores but none are as revolting k/b. Luanne may manipulate, Heather may gossip/bore, and Bethanny may be abrasive but none of the cast have ever reach the lows of k/b. Even Jill didn't reach k/b levels of horribleness.

• Love 9

Goodwill would love to have someone like Luann donate her old stuff to them. They make their money from people donating their old stuff. The proceeds help people get jobs and the actual stores employ people. It's a whole lot easier to have Goodwill pull up with their truck rather than having a sale and then donate the money. And Goodwill's not the only one who picks up your old stuff.

Donate to anyone EXCEPT goodwill! They are horrible. Just google Goodwill and scandal and you will see for yourself. The Salvation Army (I'm sure they have had scandal but not like Goodwill) is where I donate clothing and another local one that does pick ups. Seriously, I use to donate to Goodwill and anyone who donates, please look into other charities. None of the thrift-store charities are animal related, so I donate money to animal charities and "used clothing & household items" to the human charities.

• Love 8

Donate to anyone EXCEPT goodwill! They are horrible. Just google Goodwill and scandal and you will see for yourself. The Salvation Army (I'm sure they have had scandal but not like Goodwill) is where I donate clothing and another local one that does pick ups. Seriously, I use to donate to Goodwill and anyone who donates, please look into other charities. None of the thrift-store charities are animal related, so I donate money to animal charities and "used clothing & household items" to the human charities.

There is a thrift store in NYC that benefits animals.  (dogs, I think). There's also Housing Works, which benefits AIDS patients.  There is no shortage of charities to pick up your used goods.  Luann is just cheap, greedy or broke.  She didn't have to watch people poke through her things. 

• Love 6

I'm surprised at Bethany, the last time I saw her and watched the show she was preggers and engaged. She was snippy but funny and I liked her. She seems a bit more manic now, impatient, and goes for the dig. Is it the fame and/or the money magnifying what was always there? Ramona is still cold and crazy, Sonja is crude and crazy. Luanne is still riding her high horse but basically ok.

I'm getting to know the old "new girls" Carole, Heather and Kristen. They seem smart and fun. I like watching Lulu, Radzi, Heather and Kristen together, they seem to have a good time and laugh with out all the B.S..

I'm liking Dorinda so far she seems no B.S., and can have a laugh, a bit of a broad but that's not a bad thing I don't see her as crude. For now I'll give her a pass on the "jacket/worker/customer" mix up. I did smile when she and John went to lunch. John realized just say "yes" to the shrimp salad!

If they are bringing back cuckoo for coco puffs Kelly I justmay be right out of here.  I don't care if she has an MBA...she's unstable I don't like her. I don't care to see her drama.

Did Bethenny put in a bunch of hair extensions?

Her hair suddenly looks about 5 times thicker in her THs; it's so distracting.

Nah it's just a mess because she was running late, she was screwing a bunch of pigs then had to hop over and film her talking heads.

• Love 3

I know, right? Interesting point about Heather perhaps being apprehensive or a little nervous around Bethenny. I agree. The gals all knew that last season's ratings were bad, and Bethenny was heavily courted to bring something to the table, so I can understand all of them being apprehensive around her. In fact, I thought Heather's line about Bethenny buying LuAnn a car last week was kind of out of line. But this week Heather was just talking/gossiping/analyzing about one in the group, which they all do and they're supposed to do, and Bethenny tells her she's bored and to please stop talking?! WTF? I think Bethenny sees Heather as the HW she used to be on the show - smart, mouthy, opinionated, the Greek chorus, and she doesn't like someone else in that role, so she puts a stop to it. The Shark Tank dig was another ex. of this. A TV program sought a successful businesswoman to help aspiring entrepreneurs, they selected someone besides Bethenny, so she had to put it down. Total insecurity and jealousy issues there. Not cool.

Ironically, I think that Bethenny is acting like Jill, of all people. At a certain point after the show was popular, Jill tried to say funny and sarcastic things in her TH's in an attempt to be more like Bethenny, only it didn't work, and she just came across as mean. It feels like that's what's happening with B this season so far -- she's trying really hard to "bring it," but she's coming across as nasty and shady.

I agree. Bethenny is trying too hard. She's with a new cast essentially, and she's been away for 6 years so she doesn't really know how to conduct herself. She's had no warming up period like she did when the series began and she felt her way through. She's acting more abrasive than usual and frenetically reactionary to everyone that she brushes up against. I'm not making excuses for her but I'm not sure we're seeing a true representation of who she is yet. I think we see that later in season as she starts to relax a bit.

• Love 6

I am going to hate the the plot line many people anticipated - Heather vs. Beth - is going to be a reality. I get that this was anticipated, but why does it have to be that the two strong, opinionated, business savvy gals have to not get along? Shouldn't they have the most in common? Shouldn't Beth have been more interested in hearing Heather talk about her gig on MSNBC than in anything else the rest of the girls have said at this point? 

I always liked Beth on the show - I never watched any of her stuff after she left, or reallly kept up with her divorce drama - but so far she is hard to like. I think her issue with Heather at this point is that Heather really does have it all. Beth always talked of wanting to have it all; the romance, the kids, the husband, but was always clear that she was all business first. She always acted like it would be impossible to balance the entire thing. She got the kid and the businesses, but she seems to suck at relationships. Heather is just the opposite. Happy, long-term marriage, friends that have stuck with her, two kids, and a successful business. A successful business that she launched with zero help from Bravo. Her exposure on the show has no doubt helped her a great deal, but it would still exist if Bravo had never given her a call. Can Beth say the same thing? Heather was drinking and partying with important people before this show, not so much Beth. Beth was a Reality TV personality first, while Reality TV fame came second to Heather, based on her own accomplishments. Add to that the fact that Heather has done all this at a younger age than Beth, and that Heather is just basically a happy person. For all the good things I could ever say about Beth, I have never seen her behave as if she is a happy person. 

• Love 16

Heather never bothered me in the past but she is being edited to sound like a boring gossip. I'm sure she had lots of shady shit to say about Ramona and Sonja… actually I don't think it is editing by bravo but her editing herself (about Ramona but not Sonja) which is smart but boring (at least in this episode).

Annoying: appointing herself as the intermediary for conflicts that don't exist/are one-sided

Heather seems intimidated by Bethanny which surprises me since she has previously seemed strong. Why would she throw shade on Sonja and Ramona to someone she doesn't know? I find gossip and shade throwing fun to watch at times but mainly when it is done in front of the person being "shaded". Why would she try to explain Ramona to someone who knows Ramona better?

Who was that random woman at Ramona's brunch who was trashing Bethanny? Was that Ramona's sister?

I hope Kristen is not rehired. She is boring and any potential like I had for her, disappeared when I found out she is friends with trashy bg.

None of these women are malignantly repulsive as kim or bg (k/b). All of them are fame-whores but none are as revolting k/b. Luanne may manipulate, Heather may gossip/bore, and Bethanny may be abrasive but none of the cast have ever reach the lows of k/b. Even Jill didn't reach k/b levels of horribleness.

I automatically take a dislike to people I'm getting to know who gossip about other people they're supposedly good friends with. It makes me distrust them and I figure they'll turn on me if I give them enough rope. I can see why Bethenny might dislike Heather for this reason along with the fact that Heather goes on ad nauseam about how B owes Lu a car/Rolex for the Skinny Girl Margarita name and then does the same thing re; the fallout with Ramona. They got off to a bad start.

• Love 7

Shouldn't Beth have been more interested in hearing Heather talk about her gig on MSNBC than in anything else the rest of the girls have said at this point? 

Yes, exactly. Jealousy, part 1.

I think her issue with Heather at this point is that Heather really does have it all. Beth always talked of wanting to have it all; the romance, the kids, the husband, but was always clear that she was all business first. She always acted like it would be impossible to balance the entire thing. She got the kid and the businesses, but she seems to suck at relationships. Heather is just the opposite. Happy, long-term marriage, friends that have stuck with her, two kids, and a successful business. A successful business that she launched with zero help from Bravo.

Bingo. And jealousy, part 2.

• Love 10

Bethenny took Bravo's paycheck, but is acting like she's too good to be there. She's earning money to sit at lunch and talk with Heather. She's managed to pack a whole lotta dismissiveness and condescension into two episodes.

And I'm having a real laugh thinking about the person who's working out of her car being the one to try to get Sonja organized!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 11

I automatically take a dislike to people I'm getting to know who gossip about other people they're supposedly good friends with. It makes me distrust them and I figure they'll turn on me if I give them enough rope. I can see why Bethenny might dislike Heather for this reason along with the fact that Heather goes on ad nauseam about how B owes Lu a car/Rolex for the Skinny Girl Margarita name and then does the same thing re; the fallout with Ramona. They got off to a bad start.

I think I am going to have to watch again. What good friends was Heather gossiping about? She has made no secret of her issues with Sonja, and has told them to her face. They went at it at the reunion, which is why Sonja is telling Ramona that she feels attacked by them all. With regard to Ramona, yes, she was snarking on her a bit, but she was also trying to explain that Ramona had changed. She was saying that the old Ramona would never self-reflect and that the new Ramona is trying to do this more. She was also trying to explain that she had once had issues with Ramona but that she sees a different side of her. That is when Beth shut her off and said she was bored with the conversation. If Heather would have been talking about Carole, Lu, or Kristen, then IMO she would have been gossiping about good friends.

The interesting thing about all of this is that it sounds like the dress story - which was gossip that Beth put out there about Ramona to begin with, and no one would have known boo about without her talking about it - is going to be discussed again at length. This according to Beth's blog.

• Love 5

There is a thrift store in NYC that benefits animals.  (dogs, I think). There's also Housing Works, which benefits AIDS patients.  There is no shortage of charities to pick up your used goods.  Luann is just cheap, greedy or broke.  She didn't have to watch people poke through her things.

I don't see any problem with Lu making some money selling her stuff. Actually it's recouping money from items previously purchased. I don't think its greedy at all. And it certainly doesn't mean she never gives to charity. And she wasn't really complaining about people going through her stuff, she just said it felt weird, which I get.

• Love 12

I am going to hate the the plot line many people anticipated - Heather vs. Beth - is going to be a reality. I get that this was anticipated, but why does it have to be that the two strong, opinionated, business savvy gals have to not get along? Shouldn't they have the most in common? Shouldn't Beth have been more interested in hearing Heather talk about her gig on MSNBC than in anything else the rest of the girls have said at this point? 

Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed all the predictions of Heather vs. Bethenny are turning out to be true. I'm not opposed to conflict on these shows, but like you I dislike that there's this default assumption that two opinionated, successful women will automatically be at odds.

On the flip side, I don't think Bethenny is sparring with Heather because she's jealous, per se. I think it might just be that the simple fact that they're both Type A/alphas so naturally they're going to be butting heads a bit. They're both used to being in charge, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're going to be a little adversarial.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 5

I think I am going to have to watch again. What good friends was Heather gossiping about? She has made no secret of her issues with Sonja, and has told them to her face. They went at it at the reunion, which is why Sonja is telling Ramona that she feels attacked by them all. With regard to Ramona, yes, she was snarking on her a bit, but she was also trying to explain that Ramona had changed. She was saying that the old Ramona would never self-reflect and that the new Ramona is trying to do this more. She was also trying to explain that she had once had issues with Ramona but that she sees a different side of her. That is when Beth shut her off and said she was bored with the conversation. If Heather would have been talking about Carole, Lu, or Kristen, then IMO she would have been gossiping about good friends.

The interesting thing about all of this is that it sounds like the dress story - which was gossip that Beth put out there about Ramona to begin with, and no one would have known boo about without her talking about it - is going to be discussed again at length. This according to Beth's blog.

I look at the thing between Sonja and Heather as a fallout between friends, maybe not good friends. Nevertheless, I think they were friends that fell out that will most likely patch it up bc Heather is generous and Sonja can admit when she's wrong. And you make a good point about B gossiping to LuAnn about Ramona and the dress story, although I'm not sure they were anything more than friendly allies.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

I genuinely don't see the latent jealousy of Heather that so many are ascribing to Beth. While it's possibly she's privately stewing with envy, what has she done that really signifies that she is compelled by any manner of robust dislike even? She leveraged Heather's segment for a talking head joke. If I recall, Carole did as much all season long vis-a-vis practically everything LuAann did or said. I didn't think the default sardonicism then suggested that Carole was in the grip of the proverbial green-eyed monster and, so far, I haven't watched Beth be anything other than basically polite to Heather in their direct exchanges.

• Love 3

I genuinely don't see the latent jealousy of Heather that so many are ascribing to Beth. While it's possibly she's privately stewing with envy, what has she done that really signifies that she is compelled by any manner of robust dislike even? She leveraged Heather's segment for a talking head joke. If I recall, Carole did as much all season long vis-a-vis practically everything LuAann did or said. I didn't think the default sardonicism then suggested that Carole was in the grip of the proverbial green-eyed monster and, so far, I haven't watched Beth be anything other than basically polite to Heather in their direct exchanges.

You make a good point, and I thought that Beth's TH about Heather was actually kind of funny. They all do this and Beth probably does it the best. That doesn't bother me. It was her mocking of the whole deal on MSNBC or whatever the channel was, and when she told Heather that she was bored with the conversation and wanted it to end that bothered.  She had been more than willing to rehash her issues with Ramona over brunch, and specifically asked for details about the deal with Sonja. It seemed like she was interested in a line of conversation when she was leading it, but not so much when someone else had the floor. Might not be jealousy at all, and for the most part I hate when that assumption is made about women who don't instantly like each other. It just seems strange because out of all the women, these two have the most in common. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6
I haven't watched Beth be anything other than basically polite to Heather in their direct exchanges.

Telling someone that they're boring you with their story and you have no interest in what they're talking about is polite?!

And the preview for next week's episode (and more of the scene was shown on WWHL) showed Bethenny pretending to fall asleep when Heather was trying to talk to her. Polite?

• Love 18

I don't see any problem with Lu making some money selling her stuff. Actually it's recouping money from items previously purchased. I don't think its greedy at all. And it certainly doesn't mean she never gives to charity. And she wasn't really complaining about people going through her stuff, she just said it felt weird, which I get.

I shouldn't have used the word greedy.  But I don't get why a wealthy person (and she likes to appear wealthy) would bother with nickel and diming like that.  When I get something new,  I like to give the old item to charity or someone needy and I am just middle class.   It's a good feeling.  At least she was able to hire someone to sell her crap.  I imagine it would have been embarrassing for a "countess" to be haggling over dollars. 

• Love 4

It seemed like she was interested in a line of conversation when she was leading it, but not so much when someone else had the floor.

That's it. I think being on the show with this cast is unnerving for her, at least so far. She had a unique role on the show with the old cast, and now she's interacting with new HW's like Heather who kinda stepped into her role. Plus, she's an alpha dog and an admitted control freak, so put it all together, and it's hard to give up the floor.

• Love 3

Polite as in Bethenny engaged with Heather readily and appropriately when Heather shared where she had been that morning. She asked questions about the experience, paid attention, and expressed interest. I don't know how long the discourse about Ramona lasted but I find it perfectably reasonable that, having already addressed Ramona's personality quirks and listening at length to the problems everyone has had with Sonja, that Beth requested that they move on to another topic. She knows Ramona, has a long history with her, and has her own (strong) opinions that aren't going to change just because Heather wants to expound on Ms. Singer's relative virtues, particularly after she just had an unpleasant experience with her. I myself would have probably said, "I don't want to be a bitch, but I don't really want to keep talking about Ramona. I'm not upset or angry; she just doesn't interest me enough to continue speculating about her motives or lack thereof." Bethenny was more clipped and crisper, but that's basically what I derived from her response to Heather. Beth wasn't "shooting the messenger" from what I saw. As for next week . . . salient details may be missing, but what I understand from the preview is that Beth invited Carole out, Carole invited Heather with Beth's agreement, and somehow Kristen felt excluded and Heather took it upon herself to communicate that to Beth. Beth just met these women and there's no reason why, personally or professionally, they all have to extend invitations to everyone in the cast for every outing - Heather herself deliberately left Ramona out of the London trip. So if Heather wants to unnecessarily stoke conflict, I'm not surprised Beth pantomimed storing. I guess she could have . . . fought and argued? I see Heather as consciously filling the Cynthia Bailey function of running back and forth as the go-between so far/encouraging commentary among other cast members by leading the conversations. Which is cool. That's part of her job description. But if Beth doesn't take the bait, I'm not really registering undue rudeness or villainy.

• Love 4

Bethenny is entitled to her opinions and her feelings. If she doesn't want to talk about something, that's fine, that's her prerogative, but there are countless ways to express that without being so impolite.

I'm just thankful she didn't say "blah blah blah"

:-)

• Love 9
Maybe Bethenny watched RHONY last season?  That's all it took for me. LOL

Seriously though, I think it's as simple as that.  She watched Heather.  Heather watched Beth.  They're both strong, big mouthed, type A personalities.  They're sniffing.  Circling the ring.  They 'knew' each other even before they knew each other.

Yeah, I can see that.  But it's interesting how the venom seems to be coming from B & shooting right at Heather.  If anything, I'd think it would be the other way around.  Heather is doing OK, but she's still kinda struggling with her business & she may always be in that position.  Heather could understandably be jealous as hell of B & her great luck & good fortune, and she could be snide to her.  But she hasn't been.  For the most part, Heather has been nice to B.  So what up, Beth?  Why are you being such a shithead to Heather?  B is rich & can do whatever the fuck she wants, so why the heck would she be so bugged by Heather, who mostly seems harmless, if sometimes a bit annoying?

You know, in the last ep, B mentioned specifically she doesn't wanna deal with people now she doesn't like or would rather not deal with.  Her wealth has afforded her that great luxury.  And it's probably how she feels, after being forced to smooch up to assholes & shitheads she couldn't stand, for years & years.  Ah, but that's life.  We all have to deal with assholes & shitheads at some point, whether we like it or not.  To try to avoid it, is not living life.  It's kinda like B riding around all day stuck in traffic just so she doesn't have to take the subway, she used to take (with no hesitation) everyday of her life, a few short years ago.

Anyhoo, I think Heather is someone she'd prefer not to deal with, but she's forced to here, so she's bugged by that.  But I also think Heather is the kind of self-made successful businesswoman that B wants to be seen as.  But B is way more financially successful than Heather, so again -- why is she so bugged by her?  Cuz B's success would never have happened without that Jim Beam deal.  She got lucky as all fuck -- and she knows it & we know it.  Ah, but Heather's success, on the other hand, is based solely on her own drive & not on some lucky deal.  And that's why I suspect Heather's mere presence makes B extremely insecure.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I loved the front of Beth's  Hampton's house. 

I'm not a prude and even use the word fuck, etc. occassionally.  But Bethenny? Get off my jock! I put the cock in cocktail, braiding one's pussy hair? Disgusting.

I did love laugh at Ramona's "all these men come over to me!" and then marches up to a guy and strikes up a conversation.

I watched the RHONY when B was on, and her spin offs. I thought she was awful to Jason from the get-go. And how can a woman her age get pregnant in a blink without wanting to after just meeting someone, she was 40'ish!

I just can't think of anything kind or thoughtful, let alone give sympathy or support to a friend that B offers.

Plus if she is such a wheeler-dealer why hasn't she learned to get along with people, especially strangers, in a social situation?

• Love 10

So what up, Beth?  Why are you being such a shithead to Heather?

It was on again tonight, so I watched Bethenny's expression and body language while she was talking to Heather. Her eyes were shooting daggers at her the whole time. She looks ... angry (?).

I don't know if it's jealousy; she just might be a miserable person. But she needs to engage and have the damn conversations, because that's what she's getting paid for!

• Love 7
I don't know if it's jealousy

Nah, I don't think it's jealousy.  But I think B is threatened (or maybe challenged) by Heather.  Look, B pretty much dismisses the rest of 'em as crazy or useless or ridiculous.  And Carole?  She's non-threatening & seems subservient to B.  Who knows why.

Why isn't Sonja looking for a Daddy Warbucks to get her out of the mess she's in? I can see fooling with younger men to scratch the itch cuz "hello washboard abs and stamina!!" but she really needs to get her shit together. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting marrying money is the only option but she's just looking a little predatory.

I've often wondered about this too.  There has gotta be some reason she's not trolling around looking for another rich old guy to marry.  But what is it?

• Love 2

literally everything she creates and sells in her cracked-out chipmunk (yes, bosawks!)  state is tacky, ED-approved, eventually deeply discounted shit with terrible reviews (the shapewear by Skinnygirl was apparently a particular debacle).

If Sonja's non-discriminating with men, like Carole said...well, I feel that way about Bethenny and the way she slaps a Skinnygirl logo on pretty much anything. I was in a Dollar Store and saw - no joke - Skinnygirl lip gloss. I thought, is this supposed to taste like a Skinnygirl margarita? but it was flavorless. I didn't get it and how it tied into the brand.

• Love 5

Finally got the chance to watch this episode. Bethenny is still like a squirrel on speed whith her machine gun talking at people but I do give her props for promoting the shit out her brand on Bravos dime and giving away all manner of product to the others. Ramona seems to have lowered her daily dosage to some degree. Still okay with Carole & Heather at this point but let's get a little bit deeper with these two.Kristen remains background "white noise". Lu is becoming one of my favorites, hell I would have bought a toothpick holder from her sale just to have it in my house. Dorinda is "Jill lite".

I've often wondered about this too. There has gotta be some reason she's not trolling around looking for another rich old guy to marry. But what is it?

Erectile Dysfunction?

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 8

I don't see what the big deal was with Dorinda and her faux pas at the restaurant. I don't think she thought the gentleman was a coat check attendant, but just part of the staff. He did have on dark pants with a white shirt, which is standard garb for restaurant workers.

Is it somehow an extra big deal because the guy was black? Why would that be any different?

When she realized her mistake, she profusely apologized, the man graciously accepted and life moved on. No biggie.

I'm sure we've all made the mistake of assuming someone was an employee of an establishment.

Plus, with her story of the man in the wheel chair. She mentioned it as a comparison because it was so awfully stupid and embarrassing. She completely owned her lapse in judgement. Mighty human of her. 

I also did like that she pointed out how rude it is to take a phone call while having lunch with others. Too many people need lessons in cell phone etiquette. 

I don't see any real love and attraction from her towards her boyfriend, plus he knew he was busted at the pick up joint, so I don't see this love affair lasting much longer. 

Anyway, I was a long time defender of Bethany, but now she needs to shut the fuck up. I think she's losing fans with each and every episode. 

Please don't make me hate Heather this season Bravo editors.

I agree with others, Carol is a passive-aggressive mean girl. At certain angles and if she's not smiling, she looks very old. 

My cold heart is melting for Ramona a bit. She was extremely loyal to Mario. Poor Avery too. I can't imagine how she's feeling, having her father/daughter bond shattered by his disrespectful actions. 

Kristen's getting pushed to the background. Too many women this year. 

Edited by aurora296
  • Love 5

Dorinda said on her Facebook before Tuesday's episode aired:

There's a moment tonight on the show that made me want to rip my face off and die. I was so embarrassed. You'll see what I mean.
And I'll just say this: IT WAS THE WHITE SHIRT AND TIE!!!! ‪#‎embarr‬ ‪#‎RHONY‬

So at least she knew a shitstorm would be brewing. I still like her. Don't like her daughter calling her a "chubby chaser" next week. I'm not saying it's right in any form, but I've never even heard that term used for women (I have for straight and gay dudes alike, but that might just be my life bubble showing).

I can't tell if Carole was explicitly body-snarking Ramona or not. She said "The good news is that she won't ever fit into any of my dresses." Ramona could say the same thing about Carole. But it did make me think of last week when Heather talked about how she and Dorinda both grew up in the Birkshires but didn't know each other because "we have a difference in our ages". Heather could have *easily* thrown in a "Dorinda is a little/a lot older than me", but didn't. I found it to be purposeful and classy.

Wasn't the point of girls' night out for it to be all the SINGLE girls -- which is why Dorinda wasn't invited? Methinks Kristen just needs a storyline.

The Ramona/LuAnn scene was great. And real! And proves that these shows are always best when focusing on their OG's.

• Love 1

Sooo glad the girls from my hometown are back and that BH is over. I can finally stop frequenting the BH boards which were taking a toll on me!

The meet up in the bar was embarrassing, especially Sonja's predatory pounces and salacious onceovers. Subtlety ain't in her dictionary. Ramona wasn't much better. They come across as desperate for a crumb of male attention.

I suffered from second hand embarrassment watching Ramona wrangle men and thinking she was some old pro at it, but I'm still more concerned for Sonja. She will probably be trolling the bars for younger guys in her sixties and possibly her seventies if she makes it that long. Sonja's new sex partners should all have a full STD panel workup right after. God only knows what they're spreading around town.

I normally never throw around medical/mental health labels, but in Luann's case, she has to be in the top 5 of world class passive aggressive people. Almost every sentence that comes out of her mouth.

Regarding LuAnne, once a snake always a snake. I'm honestly more surprised when we get a rare glimpse of trying to be sincere or empathetic. She's definitely been vying for the redemption arc, as of late.

I'm one of the few who's actually enjoying Bethenny's return. She was always my favorite HoWife with her witticisms (although she hasn't been really bringing them this year). 

Kristin seems to be person non grata. Heather is getting on my nerves.

• Love 4

I think there is going to be a lot of hate thrown Dorinda's boyfriend because he has a few pounds on him and is not your typical metro-sexual slick douche that so many of the housewives hook up with. The dude is an recognizable New York Type who shouldn't have to apologize for how he looks. He seem to be a good match for Dorinda and she looks like she cracks the whip to keep him in line. And he likes it.

I would rather see crass and crude with a lot of New York attitude that the phony pretensions of the Princess and the Countess any day of the week. YMMV

And his business is truly a New York's institution.

Hey jumper sage,

Could you elaborate on the Bethenny comment? I'm foggy today.

Yummie Tummie is showing up in lots of stores like Macy 's. I like Heather's products and she's my fave on this franchise.

She kills it on HSN as well.
  • Love 3

Teen daughter. Want her? She slams the car door if you are 6 minutes late {after the bell rings} picking her up from school. Such a joy. "I just wish I had a responsible parent that picked me up on time."

Nah, wouldn't want to do that to you. ;) You're too sweet.

Did it twice.

If either of my teens had said or done that, they'd have walked their smart ass home.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

Bethenny is thrown by Heather's strength and non-assholery.  Bethenny is an asshole and a narcissist through and through.  While rich, she also knows fuck-all about general business success and product development and design.  She brought an urban (dated slang, fug photocopy of Sex and the City style urban), calorie-concerned woman's POV to premade drinks, and Jim Beam bought that and the great access to an audience like Bravo's and 20-50something women who like to drink but may diet.  That's something and that's what has Beth buying super-expensive Soho property - I'm not shading - but literally everything she creates and sells in her cracked-out chipmunk (yes, bosawks!)  state is tacky, ED-approved, eventually deeply discounted shit with terrible reviews (the shapewear by Skinnygirl was apparently a particular debacle).  I am not pretending that Holla's! business makes Skinnygirl-type revenue, but i don't take Bethenny or her 'business advice' seriously at all, whereas I would Heather, and it makes perfect sense that Heather would be regarded as a non-lunatic to invite to give biz advice, no matter what the fuck Beth says to try and cast bilious shade on that front.  I mean, COME ON.  I'm just already fucking over that mouth...and since I'm going deep, (a), the number of tight, tits-out blazers with fucked-up lapels Bethenny wears does not make her look more like a mogul and (b) the lack of personal-touch decor that has always been present in Bethenny's environment is such an indicator of what she values.  There is no real soul there.   I could not give less of a good goddamn about the why of that, or her spinning out her tales of suffering from childhood/bad mom/divorce.  She's just a husk, not a compelling woman.  Not a good woman either.

LuAnn is handling Beastenny like a b-o-double-s.  Go LuAnn!  Play just a little bit dumb about inviting Kelly.  Let Beth show off her (IMO) larger but colder and less aesthetically pleasing Hamptons home, keeping your spine straight because your place shows better taste and the fact that you have people in your life who want to be there.  She may be rather a bitch at times, but LuAnn can go along to get along and have actual relationships with people.  It shows.

Preview - Carole's boyfriend is damned cute.  Nice!  And everyone's looking rather nice this season, excepting Bethenny especially in the TH where she wears blue and a mushroom-style cap weave.

Uh...you deserve a Peabody Award for this whole post. "Beastenny"<---Bwah!

• Love 2

Regarding Bethany shutting down the Ramona rehash. The show did have a quick voiceless montage of Heather talking/gesturing to show that she was going on and on about Ramona. To be fair, we don't know whether it was 2 minutes or an hour, but the way they clip conversations together, it seems like it must have been a substantial amount of time for them to bother doing that. Hell, I've lost my cool when my own kids have just droned on and on and on...it's like enough already! Bethany gets a pass on that from me. I also don't think she's more rude to Heather than to anyone else. She's very abrupt in a "time is money" way with everyone. I don't really see her engaging in much gracious conversation--she's just like a rapid-fire of words talking AT people. I think most people we've seen so far are willing to accept that's who she is or are working for her in some capacity and have to take it. But Heather can also be blunt, and I can see the inevitable unleashing of Heather's "prison talk" as I think LuAnn had referred in the past to Heather's as heard in a rap song circa 2000 and who cares talk.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4

Dorinda's scene immediately reminded me of the late, great, brilliant John Hope Franklin who was hosting a party at the exclusive Cosmos Club here in DC.

"I went down the grand staircase - it is a grand staircase - and at the bottom this white woman saw me and said, 'Here' and handed me her coat check, saying, 'Go get my coat.' I told her that if she presented that check to a uniformed attendant, and all the club's attendants were uniformed, perhaps she would get her coat. And I walked away."

He was 80 years old at the time and set to receive the medal of freedom from President Clinton the next day. Oh but I'm sure it was just the white shirt and tie.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 19

Sooo glad the girls from my hometown are back and that BH is over. I can finally stop frequenting the BH boards which were taking a toll on me!

I suffered from second hand embarrassment watching Ramona wrangle men and thinking she was some old pro at it, but I'm still more concerned for Sonja. She will probably be trolling the bars for younger guys in her sixties and possibly her seventies if she makes it that long. Sonja's new sex partners should all have a full STD panel workup right after. God only knows what they're spreading around town.

Regarding LuAnne, once a snake always a snake. I'm honestly more surprised when we get a rare glimpse of trying to be sincere or empathetic. She's definitely been vying for the redemption arc, as of late.

I'm one of the few who's actually enjoying Bethenny's return. She was always my favorite HoWife with her witticisms (although she hasn't been really bringing them this year). 

Kristin seems to be person non grata. Heather is getting on my nerves.

I was thinking the same thing about what the young guys might "inherit" from Sonja.

I have always like Bethenny too.      I have always thought she was best dressed, but this season her clothes are off the chart.

Oh and btw, Andy on WWHL was making fun of the necklaces that Luann wears.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed all the predictions of Heather vs. Bethenny are turning out to be true. I'm not opposed to conflict on these shows, but like you I dislike that there's this default assumption that two opinionated, successful women will automatically be at odds.

I predicted they'd butt heads and it wasn't by default assumption at all.  It would be a delight to see 2 opinionated, successful women join forces for the good. 

But that's not only what Heather and Bethenny are.  Both of them put the 'cock' in 'cocksure'. 

If either one of them had any elegance at all about their successes and competitiveness, they might have had a chance. But they're both brash, loud mouths that will have a hard getting along because they both have to have the floor.  Always, in all ways. 

How could they not clash?  I'm surprised people thought they wouldn't. Not just because they're successful women. Nothing wrong with being a boss, or opinionated or successful.  But when both have the need to go around beating their chests to prove the point - one of which stood on a chair to do so - there's bound to be dispute.

• Love 10

Ironically, I think that Bethenny is acting like Jill, of all people. At a certain point after the show was popular, Jill tried to say funny and sarcastic things in her TH's in an attempt to be more like Bethenny, only it didn't work, and she just came across as mean

Bingo.  She has turned into someone unpleasant and her ego is out of control.

Sign me up for the no pity for Ramoaner.  She was such a condescending bitch to everyone about her perfect marriage--I have no sympathy for the public fall she's

taken--Karma is a bitch, and she's finally calling on Ms. Singer.  About damn time.

• Love 11

I guess I didn't take it offensively. I've asked someone for help before and the person didn't work in the store. Mostly at Target if you have on a red shirt in target I'll probably ask you where something is.

Wearing a red shirt in Target and being mistaken for an employee is very different from walking into a "classy" restaurant wearing a white shirt and tie, and immediately being flagged down by a tacky, pseudo mobster moll and asked to check her coat. I replayed the scene for my husband and he quickly noted the man had just walked into the restaurant when she saw him and waved him over. No excuse. She should have asked her waiter.

Dorinda is an ass.

• Love 7

Wearing a red shirt in Target and being mistaken for an employee is very different from walking into a "classy" restaurant wearing a white shirt and tie, and immediately being flagged down by a tacky, pseudo mobster moll and asked to check her coat. I replayed the scene for my husband and he quickly noted the man had just walked into the restaurant when she saw him and waved him over. No excuse. She should have asked her waiter.

Dorinda is an ass.

I get it, but I'll give her a pass. I am not willing to label her as racist/prejudice based on that one scene. I saw it as an embarrassing mistake. Now if she displays this behavior repeatedly then I'll no longer give her a pass.

• Love 10
How could they not clash?  I'm surprised people thought they wouldn't. Not just because they're successful women. Nothing wrong with being a boss, or opinionated or successful.  But when both have the need to go around beating their chests to prove the point - one of which stood on a chair to do so - there's bound to be dispute.

Hey, men of this type clash all the time.  So why not women too?  But men of this type also usually know when it behooves them to get along.  Bethenny has always been the type you couldn't tell anything to cuz she just wouldn't listen anyway.  And Heather seems exactly the same way.  So maybe a clash was inevitable -- particularly with Bethenny, who I think has trouble getting along with anyone who dares to disagree with her.  Bethenny has always been a pretty unpleasant character.  But wealthy Bethenny is truly a nightmare to deal with unless you're one to spend your life smooching her butt.  Blech, no thanks.  Her contractor seems to be the only one who knows how to deal with her.

Look, Heather ain't no angel either.  When B was getting annoyed with her babbling, I was too.  So Heather is gonna say B is a know-it-all?  But isn't Heather exactly the same way?  Quite frankly, I'd be annoyed by the presence of either one of 'em.  To me, they're 2 peas in a pod -- alike in many, many ways.  But I've seen lots of Alpha women get along great -- in business & in life.  And call me dopey, but I like to think of women as somehow knowing better than men.  Ah, well, we sure can count on Andy Cohen to show women at their worst.  Women everywhere thank you so much for that, Satan Andy, you women-hating, nasty fuck.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I get it, but I'll give her a pass. I am not willing to label her as racist/prejudice based on that one scene. I saw it as an embarrassing mistake. Now if she displays this behavior repeatedly then I'll no longer give her a pass.

Same here.  I'm totally willing to call a spade a spade, but I don't feel comfortable labeling her a racist based off on one scene. 

I watched the RHONY when B was on, and her spin offs. I thought she was awful to Jason from the get-go. And how can a woman her age get pregnant in a blink without wanting to after just meeting someone, she was 40'ish!

She was 38 at the time and while not "common" I certainly know a few ladies who got accidentally knocked up in their late 30s.  But in Bethenny's case, I think I recall her saying they were doing the "trying but not trying" thing where you're not actively charting your fertility but you're not using protection either.  Kind of a "if it happens it happens" sort of thing. 

On that same note about dating younger men, I am perplexed because I get called "Ma'am" or ignored by most men in there 20's and 30's and not to toot my own horn but I don't look so bad for my age. What on earth could these guys want with these women, a roll in the hay? A chance to be on TV?  Do they have products or services o promote?  All a younger man as my date would do for me is make me look older and desperate and I bet I would be paying the dinner tab!

Try going out with a large group of your attractive friends and a camera crew in tow and let me know if the attention you get increases. :) 

Does anyone remember the dinner Morocco that Ramona and Sonja missed and Luanne was pissed telling them it was not the Waldorf?

THIS IS NOT THE PLAZA HOTEL. THIS IS MOROCCO!  Yes I remember!! It inspired one of my FAVORITE photo recaps of all timmmeee.  Please enjoy.  (this is by the same guy who recently did the hilarious photo recap of the Beverly Hills reunion)

**sidenote: INTERESTING about the reference to Moaner's "divorce" even back in 2011....

• Love 4

I'm not sure what a "racist" is, but I do know racist behavior when I see it. I have no clue what Dorinda is like 99% of the time, but I hae no doubt that in that moment, she saw a black man and thought "staff" because of whatever blackness signified to her in that setting.

• Love 11

I get that Bethany doesn't like Kelly but she was being a rude drama queen not going to the table and staying at the bar until Luann came to her. There were enough people in the group that she wouldn't have had to say more than hi to Kelly.

NO and THEN went over leaning in for a slight hug... What the....?? I mean for all the drama of standing at the bar and being freaking ridiculous she then mustered enough civility to actually make physical contact?  I was expecting a quick, hi how are you and shift in direction to sit far away but the half hug??? You have enough in you for that but couldn't handle going over and saying hi right when you got there? Bethenny is such a condescending bitch. I just can't stand her!

• Love 3

NO and THEN went over leaning in for a slight hug... What the....?? I mean for all the drama of standing at the bar and being freaking ridiculous she then mustered enough civility to actually make physical contact?

I read that a little differently.  B goes, oh Kelley is here?  A little producer driven drama.  I'll just stand over here until Luann leaves the group, get her to admit she's a snake and then I'll do this scene the way I want to do the scene.

And it worked!  Instead of some big RHOBH screaming drama.  B got her point across to L which is 'I see what you did here.'   B did not do the scene as written by the producers.  Kelley did not get her big moment in the spotlight.  I mean did we even see her after that?  I don't remember because I went blind watching S and R rubbing up on small boys.

• Love 10
I was thinking the same thing about what the young guys might "inherit" from Sonja.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Sonja's cougar thing is at least partly for show, for the same reasons she enjoys talking about her period - it's all about her showing that she's still desirable. Last year she got a lot of heat on Facebook after throwing herself at the 20 year old pontoon captain. She said "we want to put on a good show for you guys" and insisted that she wasn't seriously interested in the kid. 

Who knows? I'm a few years younger than Sonja and while two cocktails makes me flirty, any more than that and I just want to lie down and veg out. With the amount of alcohol she downs, I'd be surprised if Sonja's got the energy for the sexual acrobatics she wants us all to think is going on. I think last year's flavor, Ben, was about her having a young, handsome escort for her social functions, and the fact that he was a realtor wasn't lost on me (I bet he was helping advise Sonja on her real estate affairs).

I doubt Sonja is spending every night at home with her daughter, helping her with homework, but I don't think she's got a revolving door of handsome 20something men either. I think the truth is somewhere in-between, plus a lot of innuendo.

pseudo mobster

I don't know if this is a reference to Dorinda looking like Carmela Soprano, or an assumption about her boyfriend (who's Armenian) or her own Italian heritage. If it's the latter, I think making assumptions about a person's ties to organized crime based on their name or appearance is also uncool. 

• Love 4

I'm not sure what a "racist" is, but I do know racist behavior when I see it. I have no clue what Dorinda is like 99% of the time, but I hae no doubt that in that moment, she saw a black man and thought "staff" because of whatever blackness signified to her in that setting.

As a black woman who lives in the South I can assure you I am well aware what racist behavior looks like. I am not willing to put that jacket on her back for one incident. There is no way for us to know she wouldn't have done the same thing to a white man wearing the same attire.

• Love 12

Thank you. 

I do not recall "labeling" Dorinda a racist.

I agree Dorinda would have checked her coat at the door. I also think anyone working at a "classy" restaurant would not be allowed to walk around in just a shirt and tie. They wear jackets or uniforms (black ties). Dorinda would have known this if she frequented upscale restaurants. She would have also known you don't scream out "Oooh, you have oysters!" or "Yoo Hoo" staff. She is no society lady.

I'm a Black woman living in Manhattan. My husband is White. We've been to our share of upscale restaurants. Our coats are checked at the door - though in some cases we're given a choice to keep them - and one would never flagged down restaurant staff the way one would in a diner. (No shade, I like diners, but waitresses have sat in the diner booth with me while taking my order. Very different atmosphere.)

My husband has never been mistaken for a waiter, busboy, coat check...boy? I, on the other hand, have been mistaken for a waitress, hostess, escort and, when his mother is with us, a home care worker. In our luxury apartment building, I've been mistaken for his housekeeper and nanny (we have no children).

Yeah, Dorinda, it was the shirt.

In other news, I actually liked what Sonja and Ramona were wearing at the pick-up bar. The simple black dress looks good on them.

I'm happy for Luann and impressed by her confidence, but she seems different to me. I don't think I'd want to be her friend. That said, I am so glad she gave it to Ramona in a subtle, revenge-is-best-served-cold kind of way. That's the way to do it. Step back and let their lives unravel then go for the kill.

ETA: I hated that Kristen called it "ghetto" when they were all leaving Bethenny's house with swag. What the hell did that mean? Carole was the first to ask for a blender and had the gall, in her TH, to say she wanted the most expensive thing. It wasn't "Ghetto", it was "New York Housewife".

Edited by slade3
  • Love 20