Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, kaleidoscope said:

Thank you ginger90!  Maybe I'll watch it in bits and pieces.  And, by watching it here, JRod gets no YouTube clicks from me.

I think she will still get viewing credit. The link is from YouTube. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I watched the first minute and an half.  For a video about the wedding of Nathan and Nurie there is too much Jill.  I had to stop it during the family introduction--Timothy is grown and moved out.  Also, the footage so far looks like it came from a 90s camcorder.  Just why?

The actual wedding doesn't happen for 30 minutes.  If anyone wants to skip ahead

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I watched the first minute and an half.  For a video about the wedding of Nathan and Nurie there is too much Jill.  I had to stop it during the family introduction--Timothy is grown and moved out.  Also, the footage so far looks like it came from a 90s camcorder.  Just why?

The actual wedding doesn't happen for 30 minutes.  If anyone wants to skip ahead

Whoa, 2 minutes in and its about her FAMLIY, not her. WTF.

4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Whew, I thought she was announcing that Nurie was with child. I can almost handle the 2 hour wedding over 9 months of Jill yapping about being a grandma.

I thought it was a pregnancy announcement, too. 

• Love 3

What in the glory hell was THAT???

I had to skip over Nurie singing to Nathan because I was incredibly embarrassed for her. GAH! Just stop with the singing already! I know Jill was maid of honor or whatever, but for walking Nurie down the aisle, be her mother and put down the damn bouquet! Just so incredibly painful to watch. I didn't watch all, skipped some because it was just so cheesy and holy hell embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Also, the footage so far looks like it came from a 90s camcorder.  Just why?

I got married in 1997 and my wedding AND video were both far less 90's then this mess! I agree with you,  just why?

• Love 10

That is the worst video I've ever seen of a wedding. I fast forwarded thru 3/4  of it. So shaky, blurry, unfocused,  and disjointed. I can't imagine HOW on earth they got such terrible quality.  An old fashioned flip phone could have done better. By the way, you can see Josh Duggar in the reception. He seems to be introducing some of the wedding party as they entered.  I didn't have the sound on.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 3

Smuggar sighting at about 15:45, but it seemed to be edited slightly.

Pictures at about 1:25:53. All of the Kellers showed except for Susanna, and maybe John Shrader and some of the kids as I couldn't find them. However, Esther was there. Rebekah had a very nice dress on (and off shoulder!).

Another Smuggar sighting shortly after that. Looks like he was the MC.

At about 1:35:00 is the Keller 40th wedding anniversary celebration.

1:56:12 - Jill providing a little dig at Nurie. "The ring is belling!"

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

That is the worst video I've ever seen of a wedding. I fast forwarded thru 3/4  of it. So shaky, blurry, unfocused,  and disjointed. I can't imagine HOW on earth they got such terrible quality.  An old fashioned flip phone could have done better. By the way, you can see Josh Duggar in the reception. He seems to be introducing some of the wedding party as they entered.  I didn't have the sound on.  

I think that many of the videos that she posts on IG are poor quality.  Shaky, heads cut off, etc.  I figured that David and/or one of the kids were the videographers.

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here it is:

At around the 1:45 mark (I was skipping around ... no way was I going to watch this whole thing), Nathan hands off the mic to Nurie and I think it's the first time in her life she's had to answer a question that wasn't posed by Jill (the Bates dad asked something) and she came across like a baffled second grader fumbling their way through. She also seems to have the same speech impediment as I, Timothy. 

Nathan seems like an articulate, nice fellow. I hope he eventually changes their phone numbers and they never have to talk to Jill again.

Skimmed through that video.  Two things:  1. My 11 year old could've recorded that better on her iPhone.  2. Nurie is brave AF to sing in front of her new husband and that entire congregation all off key and whatnot. 

Dang. 

Yikes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The Maxwells have bed bugs, which to is Very Bad News. (By 2020 standards, this seems inconvenient and unpleasant, but not that bad.)

The bugs were found in the guest room/music room. Maxwell bed bug blog post

"This was not what we wanted to have to deal with! Saturday night Anna was upstairs in our guest room comfortably reading on the bed when she saw a small bug crawling toward her. Normally, she would just squash the bug, but she was speculative of this one. She grabbed a tissue, and with some effort, killed it, and put it in a zippered plastic bag so it could be identified. Google soon answered the question, identifying it as a bed bug! Oh no!

On Monday, Steve sent an enlarged photo of it to the local county extension office for confirmation. BED BUG. Our research reveals they are harder to eliminate than fleas, ants, or cockroaches. We are in this for the long haul, and we won’t be having guests for a very long time. 

The good news we are praising God for is that there has been no other evidence of these insects anywhere else in the house. 

For now the guest room is sealed off. Steve’s careful inspection of the mattress, box springs, and frame didn’t reveal any signs of bed bugs or bed bug infestation. He sealed the decorative pillows in black plastic bags, which will be in the attic waiting for the blazing Kansas summer heat which kills them. Would you believe they can live up to 400 days without feeding? He also sealed the bedding in black plastic trash bags waiting to be laundered. Thirty minutes in a hot dryer kills the nasty pests.

We will soon be putting some products down in there which should arrive by Saturday. Once they arrive, Steve will continue inspecting the rest of the furniture in the room and other places bed bugs hide. Not sure what he has planned after that.

Hopefully, none of you have any experience with them. However, if you have, share with us what worked for you and what didn’t. 

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in
Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)."

Edited by Temperance
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well that's one way of making sure they don't have guests and possibly pass on Covid or are they one of the few that is self isolating?

All of their family lives close by, and they are extremely insular. I have no idea who has ever slept in that room since the boys left to get married.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells have bed bugs, which to is Very Bad News. (By 2020 standards, this seems inconvenient and unpleasant, but not that bad.)

The bugs were found in the guest room/music room. Maxwell bed bug blog post

"This was not what we wanted to have to deal with! Saturday night Anna was upstairs in our guest room comfortably reading on the bed when she saw a small bug crawling toward her. Normally, she would just squash the bug, but she was speculative of this one. She grabbed a tissue, and with some effort, killed it, and put it in a zippered plastic bag so it could be identified. Google soon answered the question, identifying it as a bed bug! Oh no!

On Monday, Steve sent an enlarged photo of it to the local county extension office for confirmation. BED BUG. Our research reveals they are harder to eliminate than fleas, ants, or cockroaches. We are in this for the long haul, and we won’t be having guests for a very long time. 

The good news we are praising God for is that there has been no other evidence of these insects anywhere else in the house. 

For now the guest room is sealed off. Steve’s careful inspection of the mattress, box springs, and frame didn’t reveal any signs of bed bugs or bed bug infestation. He sealed the decorative pillows in black plastic bags, which will be in the attic waiting for the blazing Kansas summer heat which kills them. Would you believe they can live up to 400 days without feeding? He also sealed the bedding in black plastic trash bags waiting to be laundered. Thirty minutes in a hot dryer kills the nasty pests.

We will soon be putting some products down in there which should arrive by Saturday. Once they arrive, Steve will continue inspecting the rest of the furniture in the room and other places bed bugs hide. Not sure what he has planned after that.

Hopefully, none of you have any experience with them. However, if you have, share with us what worked for you and what didn’t. 

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in
Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)."

I'd throw the decorative pillows out!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I can tell you from bitter personal experience that there’s no such thing as one bedbug.

(Mr. Wiser got stranded by a canceled flight and United put him up at an available hotel...two days after he came home I had bites all over one hand that itched like nothing I’ve ever experienced before...and I’ve had poison ivy three times.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I can tell you from bitter personal experience that there’s no such thing as one bedbug.

That was my first thought, there's no way it's limited to just the guest room. Bed bugs travel everywhere, quickly, and are notoriously difficult to get rid of.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

That was my first thought, there's no way it's limited to just the guest room. Bed bugs travel everywhere, quickly, and are notoriously difficult to get rid of.

Bed bugs infested the apartments where my brother lives a few years ago.  They were everywhere, in every apartment.  After multiple visits from the exterminators, the building manager asked everyone to leave for the weekend while they brought out the big guns.  We ended up having to wash his bedding in hot water umpteen times during the crisis and we even tossed out his mattress and an old upholstered chair to try to get rid of them. It was an ordeal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I worked in a school for a few years and I  remember that some of the families of the kids had bedbugs in their homes. Supposedly one of the kids had a bug on her body hidden in under her sweater. I remember the teacher and school facilitater removing the child from the classroom to check her clothing.  Bedbugs hide in dark places, and can hide in clothing, in base boards, electrical outlets, in mattresses, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Triple P said:

I don't understand what "The ring is belling!" means?

Jill was telling a story about how she would ring a bell to summon the kids for dinner. Nurie supposedly got all excited and ended up mixing up her words. Instead of announcing "the bell is ringing," Nurie said "the ring is belling." I just felt like Jill wanted to share something embarrassing about Nurie when talking about her.

Edited by madpsych78
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill was telling a story about how she would ring a bell to summon the kids for dinner. Nurie supposedly got all excited and ended up mixing up her words. Instead of announcing "the bell is ringing," Nurie said "the ring is belling." I just felt like Jill wanted to share something embarrassing about Nurie when talking about her.

Ah, thank you. I was picturing Jill making fun of Nurie's wedding ring or goading them to kiss when people clink their glasses or something.

Edited by Triple P
because I remembered the word I was trying to think of. It was "clink."
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures, 2 are videos:

What a look for Jill. I'm not used to anyone wearing 3 inches of spackled on makeup & a chiffonny type blouse to do outside (church) cleanup work.  That blouse had to be very itchy. 

Maybe she thought she had to dress up for the Lord. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't see that happening with cheapo Steve. They'll probably spend more money trying to save them than it would cost to buy new pillows. 

Idk. Steve may be a tightwad and he is a jerk, but I think he'd be more inclined to toss the pillows and buy new ones than, say, Jim Bob or Gil Bates. If only for health reasons -- Steve strikes me as a health nut with his hiking, off/on nutritarian diet, and so on. That's praiseworthy (ha). 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

What a look for Jill. I'm not used to anyone wearing 3 inches of spackled on makeup & a chiffonny type blouse to do outside (church) cleanup work.  That blouse had to be very itchy. 

Maybe she thought she had to dress up for the Lord. 

Jill wasn’t doing any of the work.  That’s what the slaves are there for.  Idiot #1 and #2 are hoping that the kids doing fall cleanup will make for an extra-large “love offering” from the congregation.  
I wonder what the Rod Family charges to go to these churches and sing/preach, or do they only receive “love offerings”?

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill wasn’t doing any of the work.  That’s what the slaves are there for.  Idiot #1 and #2 are hoping that the kids doing fall cleanup will make for an extra-large “love offering” from the congregation.  
I wonder what the Rod Family charges to go to these churches and sing/preach, or do they only receive “love offerings”?

I think they only receive the love offerings.  But, when the plate is passed it is only for the Rods and the church does not take in their usual weekly amount.  Even with a second collection, people come into the church with a set amount of money to give and rarely deviate.  I know that when a visiting priest comes to my church he gets the same amount of money I was already intending to give to our second collection.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

There are IG videos of the kids playing miniature golf.  Sophia has her skirt on backwards and not a clue about how to hold the putter, and no one could be bothered to correct either.  In the pictures of the kids singing at church, Janessa is wearing tube socks with a pair of dressy shoes that makes her foot look like it’s going to burst out of the shoe.  She’s holding her blankie and sucking her thumb while someone is holding her and singing.  Jill has her up there only as a show pony and the “miracle baby”.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think they are paid for printing tracks as well as what Ohiopirate02 said. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

In the Nurthan's wedding video, I noticed one of the younger daughter's (I don't know her name) left leg turns inward as she walks, fairly significantly.  Has Jill ever mentioned any disabilities for any of her kids?  Other than Janessa having a stroke in utero, if I'm remembering correctly?

29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, the church posted a video of y'all on Wednesday. It's been no secret where you've been. And even knowing that, you weren't stalked by "haters." 🙄

OMG. That boy is positively skeletal. The juxtaposition of his and his father’s body is jarring. I know there are naturally thin people. Jill Duggar’s husband is an example of that, but this boy looks like he’s actually starving. Derrick doesn’t look like that.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, the church posted a video of y'all on Wednesday. It's been no secret where you've been. And even knowing that, you weren't stalked by "haters." 🙄

Why is this girl (pretty, BTW) never out in public without her "Call the Midwife" circa 1959 nun undergarment on top of everything?

And I would call that wrinkly curtain section an eyetrap for sure.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

OMG. That boy is positively skeletal. The juxtaposition of his and his father’s body is jarring. I know there are naturally thin people. Jill Duggar’s husband is an example of that, but this boy looks like he’s actually starving. Derrick doesn’t look like that.

but if he was ever allowed to move away he will gain 10lbs the first few months while claiming best mama ever fed him and he has a natural metabolism that keeps him thin while he fasts so his younger siblings can eat a piece of chicken

• Love 4

No, they were in Vermont. I imagine there are several churches with the same name. Remember, they camped in New York state (per Jill's Insta), which they wouldn't have to do if the church was in southern New Jersey.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

David looks even sloppier than ususal.His pants are too long,as is his shirt.At least tuck it in!

His shoes look like they're falling apart.His son is dressed much nicer,although it appears he could use a good meal

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 4