Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Can you imagine donating to the JRods for their home reno and then seeing them vacation a month or two later?

the majority of the people who donated don't care. Look how many people donate to those televangelists who are wealthy. Gee, my husband and I make a pretty good income and the last lobster I had was a 99 cents lobster tail deal at Jewel grocery store! 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Idk Jill, I’ve seen some HOT men in skirts and kilts. And I’m pretty sure Jesus never wore pants.

4E325604-396F-4ACA-966C-20506808C6AD.jpeg

It looks photoshopped to me. And if it isn't one, its that man's business what he wears and two, I doubt if men all over Europe are dressing like that. And what about kilts or sarongs? Is there something wrong with those? I don't think Jesus wore Levis! Jill is a moron. 

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Idk Jill, I’ve seen some HOT men in skirts and kilts. And I’m pretty sure Jesus never wore pants.

4E325604-396F-4ACA-966C-20506808C6AD.jpeg

Bahahaha what a bizarre meltdown. Also maybe Jill will pray for me and my soul. I'm currently rewatching Rome and just last night was musing to myself about how hot James Purefoy looks in that Roman tunic . . . which is most certainly not pants. 

I agree with @libgirl2 that the pics look heavily photoshopped.

• Love 10

I looked up the menu. My best guess is that meal cost about $100. Shrek's looks to be the pan roasted lobster so $34 minimum for the smallest lobster. Jill maybe has lobster newburg, $35. Older child's meal looks like ravioli, appetizer serving $15 - meal serving $32. I  don't see anything that could be Janessa's meal but based on the couple of other pastas at least $10. House salad is $9. Probablyanother $10 for drinks.

The rest of the kids must be fasting.

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I looked up the menu. My best guess is that meal cost about $100. Shrek's looks to be the pan roasted lobster so $34 minimum for the smallest lobster. Jill maybe has lobster newburg, $35. Older child's meal looks like ravioli, appetizer serving $15 - meal serving $32. I  don't see anything that could be Janessa's meal but based on the couple of other pastas at least $10. House salad is $9. Probablyanother $10 for drinks.

that is an expensive meal for people who don't work! I don't begrudge them a treat but FFS they have people paying their hard earned dollars feeding, clothing and helping them keep a roof over their heads! 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Anyway Jacob Wilson found a new girl to date named Lundyn Smith. She is from a family that is also somewhat fundie. A few days ago Jacob and Lundyn announced to the world that she is pregnant via Instagram. She is due the end of December. It's a boy! 

Is that considered immaculate conception? 🙂 🙂 

• LOL 23

Lobster Pot Observations:

First of all, Jill seems to enjoy forcing her kids to pose with their untouched plates of food before she allows them to eat, as if to say - see!!?  I feed my kids!  You haters!  Haters gonna hate!!  But not only to do I feed them, I feed them LOBSTER.  HAH!

However, feeding those two little girls huge plates of pasta swimming in cheese sauce isn't exactly healthy and while many kids do love pasta, I got the feeling that both girls were a bit uncomfortable posing with their huge plates of food which led me to believe that either they truly don't know how to react when given so much to eat, or they know that Mommy demands a clean plate before they can get up from the table and they were being served more food than they typically see in a week.  Or two.

Also, if I'm a Lobster Pot customer I am totally going to complain to management about the weird blonde lady who keeps panning her phone around the restaurant and narrating her surroundings, which includes all of the other patrons just trying to enjoy some damn lobster.  This isn't the first time she's done this, and it's creepy.  Also, no one cares.

Lastly, she posted one photo (which I have no idea how to share) of her BELOVED shoving food into his mouth with a caption along the lines of how she's so in love with him, she could cry.  Sometimes social media leaves me speechless.  This was one of those times.

/rant

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Lastly, she posted one photo (which I have no idea how to share) of her BELOVED shoving food into his mouth with a caption along the lines of how she's so in love with him, she could cry.  Sometimes social media leaves me speechless.  This was one of those times.

C8FB8757-AF88-4541-97EF-5AD464B70CE5.jpeg

• LOL 11
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So when JillR isn't posting on the internet, she's scrolling the internet. Does that woman ever put her phone down?

She must follow another fundie account where all of these posts are manufactured.  I would love to find out where she is stealing these from, but I do have a full-time job (and I also don't want to clog up my devices going down a fundie rabbit hole).

• Love 6
11 hours ago, scriggle said:

And who wants to bet that she tipped in Bible tracts?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

the majority of the people who donated don't care. Look how many people donate to those televangelists who are wealthy. Gee, my husband and I make a pretty good income and the last lobster I had was a 99 cents lobster tail deal at Jewel grocery store! 

I agree, but donating to a preacher who is 'closer to God', is a little different than giving to a family who is crying poor. A family who needs help making a home for their children. A family now vacationing on the Cape, eating lobster. I think a few might be bothered.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I hope someone introduced her to Daniel Levy's Emmy outfit 😁

Jill would have a stroke if anyone made her watch a video of a Thom Browne fashion show.  Just look at these clothes--

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2020/10/thom-browne-spring-2021-collection/

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2019/12/thom-browne-pre-fall-2020-collection-red-carpet-fashion/

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2019/06/thom-browne-spring-2020-menswear-collection-fashion/

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C8FB8757-AF88-4541-97EF-5AD464B70CE5.jpeg

Why did she put “in love” in quotes? Her use of punctuation and her grammar is off the wall. Any signs of home school going on or are they already on a break?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I have seen people wear them like that. They keep them that way in case someone tells them to mask up. And they hope this "counts". 

My husband was in the hospital earlier this week.  All the staff were wearing masks.  However, the "hospitalist" doctor wore his mask UNDER HIS NOSE.  We didn't see him often, but when he showed up, I literally couldn't take my eyes off his uncovered nose.  Fortunately, his only role was to regulate my husband's regular meds, so he was always at least six feet away from both of us.  If he had been in a position where he needed to do a physical examination, I would have quickly asked him to wear the mask properly.

Anyway, I'm definitely not making excuses for anyone who doesn't wear a mask or wears it incorrectly, but if a medical professional such as a DOCTOR doesn't set a good example, I'm really not sure how to get "masks take away my freedom" dimwits to understand the importance.

• Love 11

Where are the other hostages children? Are they crammed into the Christ Camper searching the cushions for morsels of Shrek's "snacks" he left behind while these clowns are out feasting on lobster??

31 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Where are the other hostages children? Are they crammed into the Christ Camper searching the cushions for morsels of Shrek's "snacks" he left behind while these clowns are out feasting on lobster??

I think back in Ohio under a Dingus watch,

3 hours ago, MonicaM said:

My husband was in the hospital earlier this week.  All the staff were wearing masks.  However, the "hospitalist" doctor wore his mask UNDER HIS NOSE.  We didn't see him often, but when he showed up, I literally couldn't take my eyes off his uncovered nose.  Fortunately, his only role was to regulate my husband's regular meds, so he was always at least six feet away from both of us.  If he had been in a position where he needed to do a physical examination, I would have quickly asked him to wear the mask properly.

Anyway, I'm definitely not making excuses for anyone who doesn't wear a mask or wears it incorrectly, but if a medical professional such as a DOCTOR doesn't set a good example, I'm really not sure how to get "masks take away my freedom" dimwits to understand the importance.

I would have told him to pull up the mask or get the hell out of there. 

• Love 15

No lie, I have almost the same pic of my husband on my phone.  I took it to answer his mother's question "Are you having an nice date for boy's birthday?"  He does indeed love the food.  🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And Janessa had a meal of fries dumped in front of her. ☹️

(She rejected that cherry tomato covered in Greek Salad dressing.)

And why is her food dumped on the table? At least put it on a napkin! 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And why is her food dumped on the table? At least put it on a napkin! 

Exactly!  They obviously believe that Covid IS a hoax.  Janessa is a little doll, and thankfully she appears to be perfectly normal in every way.  I would love to see Janessa’s prenatal medical records to find out exactly what the doctor told Jill prior to her birth.  We all know that Jill exaggerates and even straight up lies.  If she lied/exaggerated regarding Janessa’s health, then she’s even more horrible than I thought.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Exactly!  They obviously believe that Covid IS a hoax.  Janessa is a little doll, and thankfully she appears to be perfectly normal in every way.  I would love to see Janessa’s prenatal medical records to find out exactly what the doctor told Jill prior to her birth.  We all know that Jill exaggerates and even straight up lies.  If she lied/exaggerated regarding Janessa’s health, then she’s even more horrible than I thought.

I think it's more likely Jill downplays any delays Janessa currently has. Jill isn't smart enough to come up with the complex diagnoses they had for Janessa during the pregnancy. Also the doctor gave the worse case for Janessa's health and clearly the worse case did not happen. 

If Janessa had different parents, I would expect there would be quite a few thing they were watching for or little things they were working on with her. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I hope not! I think it was Gabriel.

Okay thanks! I can't remember his name. I just remember being super creeped out by him, so any mention of a pastor + Rod kids makes me super nervous. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Lobster Pot Observations:

First of all, Jill seems to enjoy forcing her kids to pose with their untouched plates of food before she allows them to eat, as if to say - see!!?  I feed my kids!  You haters!  Haters gonna hate!!  But not only to do I feed them, I feed them LOBSTER.  HAH!

However, feeding those two little girls huge plates of pasta swimming in cheese sauce isn't exactly healthy and while many kids do love pasta, I got the feeling that both girls were a bit uncomfortable posing with their huge plates of food which led me to believe that either they truly don't know how to react when given so much to eat, or they know that Mommy demands a clean plate before they can get up from the table and they were being served more food than they typically see in a week.  Or two.

Also, if I'm a Lobster Pot customer I am totally going to complain to management about the weird blonde lady who keeps panning her phone around the restaurant and narrating her surroundings, which includes all of the other patrons just trying to enjoy some damn lobster.  This isn't the first time she's done this, and it's creepy.  Also, no one cares.

/rant

I noticed Jill posts the most unflattering pics of Beloved Husband, always.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1