Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Anyone else notice the creepy exchange between JillR and her husband? She pans over to him, says something about their anniversary getaway and he reaches for her leg and says he's excited for it. They're sharing a tiny room with their two daughters. I don't think it'll be that exciting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They're sharing a tiny room with their two daughters. I don't think it'll be that exciting.

Unfortunately for her kids and our mind's eyes, I don't think that the girls being in the room will put a damper on Jill and Shrek's festivities. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So they went from Vermont to Cape Cod. Where was the RV? I doubt Kaylee or Renee can drive it. So yeah, where were the kids stashed during this little getaway? Did they stay at a local KOA while Jill and Shark had their little tryst?

So many unanswered questions. 

Or the kids and the RV is parked in some poor soul's driveway, and the JRods are driving the sucker's car.

• LOL 2

JillR looked so much better with her natural hair color. She should go back to it. I think at this point, she's a blonde to cover the gray she may be getting. Still, go darker, Jill...makes you look 'less of a hooker'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately for her kids and our mind's eyes, I don't think that the girls being in the room will put a damper on Jill and Shrek's festivities. 

Yeah, as many kids as they managed to conceive while on the road in their cramped RV over the years, I doubt the girls will prove a hindrance. I just hope they are heavy sleepers. 🤢

• Love 3
On 10/4/2020 at 6:58 PM, Albanyguy said:

According to Jill, it is Nurie's dearest wish that she and Mama be pregnant together. She prays for it constantly.

"I prayed for an extra dark baby (like David's side of the family)." Yeah, Jill, like you're a natural blonde.

Taking my reply to small talk. 

22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Back when Jill was brunette, writing in 3rd person, and brown nosing the Bateses and Duggars.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

Thanks for sharing. I needed some laughs & snark after the the Small Talk thread. 

Erin's dress was atrocious.  I think by now they've figured out they can wear a modest wedding gown without adding non-matching modesty t-shirt panels to it.  Erin was even laughing about her gown on a recent rerun of one of the girl's weddings. Think it was Michael's.  She was having a hard time picking out a dress & Erin laughed & offered hers.

23 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Doesn’t Vermont require visitors to quarantine for 10 days before entering the state?

MA requires quarantining until a negative covid test result, unless you're from certain states (mostly New England and NY). If she borrowed a car with Vermont plates they'll probably be fine. And not all places turn folks away when they're breaking the rules because they need the money.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Question:  Jill said that she tried to wean Janessa from the breast but “it didn’t work”.  What does that mean?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Question:  Jill said that she tried to wean Janessa from the breast but “it didn’t work”.  What does that mean?

I don't know! Maybe she wasn't ready to be weaned yet? I know more about Chihuahuas than children, admittedly, so just guessing. 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2020 at 8:45 AM, MunichNark said:

Jill needs her thyroid checked, as in now. Her neck really is thickening.

I agree, you can see the butterfly shape of her thyroid in several of her pictures. That's not normal. I wonder if guzzling Plexus can have any affect on your hormones?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, not only do they send out hundreds, JB carries the invites around with him and hands them out to folks when he feels like it. If someone handed me an invite as an afterthought, I'd be like, no thanks.

Well, you know, when you're out on the street soliciting gifts there's no reason to avoid asking any potential donors. How else will you fill your big tin warehouses?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I agree, you can see the butterfly shape of her thyroid in several of her pictures. That's not normal. I wonder if guzzling Plexus can have any affect on your hormones?

Maybe that’s why she can’t get pregnant!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, farmgal4 said:

Did any of you watch the entire N&N wedding video?  If so, how awful was it?

I did. Although I did fast forward through partsome of it. Like when the pastor started talking about fornication and homosexuals in the wedding vows. Yeah we get it, you're against it. The video did not flow very well, and seemed to jump around a lot from pics of them growing up to whatever. And the music, wtf was up with the soundtrack. Especially at the beginning.  

And it took me all day to get through. I thought, OK about half an hour has gone by, only to check and see if was only 12 minutes into it. It's just what is expected from Jill, crap, crap, crap!

• Love 10
On 10/5/2020 at 6:29 AM, sarasue59 said:

Actually, Kaylee is not bad, I think with a good instructor, she would have a lovely voice.  Renee is the best, no doubt, but you can't tell with Jill trying to drown them out.  And that song!  Drive the nails thru my hands?  Nice.

To be honest, I don’t know which not-Nurie is which. The shorter girl seems to have at least a tentative acquaintance with dynamics, which Jill clearly does not.

• Love 3

I was one of the people most psyched for a live wedding video. Oh what a shitshow it could have been! I was envisioning the equivalent of a live game camera but starring batshit crazy fundies and not wild animals, the latter who would be better behaved than the former. I worked myself into a positive tizzy over the very prospect of such potential mayhem.  

But the idea of sitting through a 2-hour video they've had over 2 months to edit and tweak? No thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I got to Smuggar emceeing the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't stand looking at his smarmy face or listening to his condescending tone one second longer! I peaced out.

Oh yah, I skipped past those parts. I don't even like looking at him either.

• Love 2

Massachusetts is pretty strict about wearing masks inside businesses and public buildings. Despite Jill's smarmy photos, she's been wearing that mask more than she wants to. The Rods don't spend enough money when they travel to make them worth the attitude they bring with them. 

David got lucky he had to stay with Janessa. He would have gotten stuck halfway up that tower.  

When will we get our first soul-saved-for-the-Lord-named-Daniel-in-the-laundromat post from this trip? You know the Rods are handing out those leftover tracts. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

it would be hilarious if someone gave david a tract to come to church and be saved. or Jill to get a tract handed to her for appearing to be a single mom, who is maybe a  prostitute from 1980 or before to support whichever few kids are blessed by her presence for the outings alone with her.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

it would be hilarious if someone gave david a tract to come to church and be saved. or Jill to get a tract handed to her for appearing to be a single mom, who is maybe a  prostitute from 1980 or before to support whichever few kids are blessed by her presence for the outings alone with her.

Yes,I would love to see someone give Jill a tract about how Christian women should look natural,the way God made them,and not made up and unnatural looking,as it's an abomination in the sight of the Lord and a mortal sin to look worldly.Jill's head would explode.LOL

Not that I think so, but it would be funny

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

This needs to happen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, skatelady said:

I don't know how to link to JillR's Insta, but today's post has a series of beach pics with her beloved. 

Out of a perverse sense of curiosity, I started following Jill on the ol' IG about a week ago, and I have to say that if she put as much time cooking and feeding her children as she does posting her multi-part IG stories, I dare say all of her kids would have the healthy glow of children who are well-fed and get plenty of fresh food.  Maybe it's because I have absolutely no idea how to post an IG story (or why I would feel the need to do it in the first place) but this woman is one prolific story poster.  If her posts were a book, the first 20 chapters would be random selfies and a few weirdly posed pics of her kids and her BELOVED husband, followed by some Jesus music and random Bible quotes, and then to wrap it all up, 107 chapters on why YOU should drink the PLEXUS!!  Part of me is freakishly impressed on how she manages to do this every single day, but then I remember that she's doing it in place of feeding and tending to her kids and then I just get sad.

• Love 20

My very first memory is of my Dad carrying me up the stairs at Pilgrim Monument. I was two years old and I remember looking through the barred windows.

(Whole family was there with mom and my 3 year old sister, thinking now, my mom had to have been pregnant w my brother, likely why my dad carried me. Brother was born mid November,  so mom was between 6-7 months pregnant at the time wow. Possible she didn't do the climb just dad and us two lil girls.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Out of a perverse sense of curiosity, I started following Jill on the ol' IG about a week ago, and I have to say that if she put as much time cooking and feeding her children as she does posting her multi-part IG stories, I dare say all of her kids would have the healthy glow of children who are well-fed and get plenty of fresh food.  Maybe it's because I have absolutely no idea how to post an IG story (or why I would feel the need to do it in the first place) but this woman is one prolific story poster.  If her posts were a book, the first 20 chapters would be random selfies and a few weirdly posed pics of her kids and her BELOVED husband, followed by some Jesus music and random Bible quotes, and then to wrap it all up, 107 chapters on why YOU should drink the PLEXUS!!  Part of me is freakishly impressed on how she manages to do this every single day, but then I remember that she's doing it in place of feeding and tending to her kids and then I just get sad.

Yes,I think she spends more time applying makeup/eyeliner,than taking care of her kids

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mcacc2018 said:

My very first memory is of my Dad carrying me up the stairs at Pilgrim Monument. I was two years old and I remember looking through the barred windows.

(Whole family was there with mom and my 3 year old sister, thinking now, my mom had to have been pregnant w my brother, likely why my dad carried me. Brother was born mid November,  so mom was between 6-7 months pregnant at the time wow. Possible she didn't do the climb just dad and us two lil girls.

What a sweet memory. Thx for sharing.I also recall things like this.I was 3 and I had a float on my back,and jumped in a pool to swim across to my parents.It's funny how you recall random,sweet moments 🙂

• Love 3

You might remember the Wilsons, who are longtime friends of the Duggars. They have nine children and one of them is Jacob Wilson. Jacob is one of the many non-loves of Jana and he wrote a whole post about how they weren't together.

Anyway Jacob Wilson found a new girl to date named Lundyn Smith. She is from a family that is also somewhat fundie. A few days ago Jacob and Lundyn announced to the world that she is pregnant via Instagram. She is due the end of December. It's a boy! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pictures and videos of mask stupidity:

I have seen people wear them like that. They keep them that way in case someone tells them to mask up. And they hope this "counts". 

• Love 1