Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just heard the trio. Actually, I think Renee has a decent voice. I actually think Kaylee's is the weakest, but I thought the weakest parts of the song where the trios. There needed to be more lower part. 

I will say that Jill is not a horrible piano player.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh my. I just saw an IG Live on Olivia Plath's page. About 38 minutes in (I was directed there...didn't watch the whole thing), Ethan confesses that Jill tried to set him up with Nurie. Olivia adds that Jill was super disappointed when it didn't happen. 

It was clear that Ethan knew he dodged a bullet there...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Just heard the trio. Actually, I think Renee has a decent voice. I actually think Kaylee's is the weakest, but I thought the weakest parts of the song where the trios. There needed to be more lower part. 

I will say that Jill is not a horrible piano player.

Actually, Kaylee is not bad, I think with a good instructor, she would have a lovely voice.  Renee is the best, no doubt, but you can't tell with Jill trying to drown them out.  And that song!  Drive the nails thru my hands?  Nice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Fucking hell.

Jill needs her thyroid checked, as in now. Her neck really is thickening.

That screechy shrill "singing" and I use the term very loosely indeed is horrifying. Why on earth does she have to outsound everyone? Shudder. Her crazy popping eyes do the rest. Why did both girls look like they're about to burst into tears?

Re the walking, she is so breathless! Now I'm disgustingly unfit but even I wouldn't yap for air half as much as she does. And those girls, the way they go into panic mode, with the breathy voices and fake smiles is terrifying. I don't want to know what goes on in that House of Horrors.

Jill.........seeing as you are all for truth, let me say this. You are an absolutely disgusting piece of shit who deserves the blackest spot in hell for doing what you do to your children.

Edit, and just because I'm a grumpy old hag. does she effing HAVE to shove a video camera into people's face at every effing opportunity? Even in Church which is so damn disrespectful

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 22

I wish the girls could have activity-appropriate clothing. Hiking in those long polyester tube skirts looks stupid, not modest. If they go swimming on this trip, those skirts will be the swimwear too. 

Even most nuns don't wear full habits these days. Modern clothes don't change who they are. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I wish the girls could have activity-appropriate clothing. Hiking in those long polyester tube skirts looks stupid, not modest. If they go swimming on this trip, those skirts will be the swimwear too. 

Even most nuns don't wear full habits these days. Modern clothes don't change who they are. 

Back when nuns wore full habits they would still change into appropriate clothing for the activity at hand.  Helen Prejean has an anecdote in her memoir about going to the beach as a nun and the debate among the sisters as to when they should remove their habits--before going to the beach or once they get there?  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Back when nuns wore full habits they would still change into appropriate clothing for the activity at hand.  Helen Prejean has an anecdoteote in her memoir about going to the beach as a nun and the debate among the sisters as to when they should remove their habits--before going to the beach or once they get there?  

Yup, there was a convent at the end of our street when I was a little kid, across the street from my best friend's house.  Every now and then, one of the nuns, who had been my first grade teacher, would invite us in for a minute.  We used to giggle uncontrollably seeing the nuns we knew from school hanging out around the convent in regular clothes and no veils.  When I was little, I used to think they shaved their heads, it was quite a revelation to discover that they didn't. most had regular short haircuts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Jill must be awful to harmonize with. Her pitch is wobbly, and she’s determined to be the dominant voice so she’s just pointlessly loud. The girls seem more talented, actually. They both showed a lot of range in that song (it’s a dreadful song, but a good showcase for their voices). If they could be taught by anyone other than Jill, they’d probably develop really well. I think they’re both naturally pretty. A lighter hand on the makeup would probably suit their features better, but that’s a matter of taste.

After listening to Jill's overly-loud forced-vibrato intro I had little hope for the girls' singing abilities, but while Kaylee is loud and on-key, Renee actually has a gorgeous singing voice.  The image of all three of them, however, with mouths stretched as wide as they will go singing very loudly in three-part harmony was weird.  They actually harmonize well together but geez, maybe take it down from an 11 to a 7 or so on the volume and they'd be tolerable.  Now I'm kind of curious to see which of the other kids has that natural talent.  I bet it makes Jill angry that her daughter does it much better.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yup, there was a convent at the end of our street when I was a little kid, across the street from my best friend's house.  Every now and then, one of the nuns, who had been my first grade teacher, would invite us in for a minute.  We used to giggle uncontrollably seeing the nuns we knew from school hanging out around the convent in regular clothes and no veils.  When I was little, I used to think they shaved their heads, it was quite a revelation to discover that they didn't. most had regular short haircuts.

I used to think the same thing! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

Actually, Kaylee is not bad, I think with a good instructor, she would have a lovely voice.  Renee is the best, no doubt, but you can't tell with Jill trying to drown them out.  And that song!  Drive the nails thru my hands?  Nice.

Jill looked so happy and cheerful while singing about driving the nails into Jesus's hands!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I went to Catholic school for 12 years, including an all girls' high school.  The nuns, by the 70's, had head habits that only showed their bangs.

On a long weekend retreat with these same nuns, they delighted us girls at bedtime by streaking through our dormitory wearing only a nightgown.  We were amazed by how nice some of their hair looked!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh my. I just saw an IG Live on Olivia Plath's page. About 38 minutes in (I was directed there...didn't watch the whole thing), Ethan confesses that Jill tried to set him up with Nurie. Olivia adds that Jill was super disappointed when it didn't happen. 

It was clear that Ethan knew he dodged a bullet there...

The next Plath boy and girl in line are sinners, so my guess is Jill’s working on an arranged marriage between Lydia Plath and one of her emaciated Rod & Todd Flanders.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Back when Jill was brunette, writing in 3rd person, and brown nosing the Bateses and Duggars.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

oh my gosh just so much to snark on in those photos it boggles my brain. she was enamored by the amish way back then and "they tried to dress old fashioned"  silly jilly your clothes and those you have your kids pictured in are always 30 years out of style. and damn those children were skeletal even then

• Love 7

Looks like David is about intimate touch Jill. No wonder they got 35 kids.

Jill isn’t a real blonde? Jill is a liar, how  NOT shocking.

The kids looked sad/pathetically skinny even back then.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is Jill's pregnant belly blackened out in photos of Erin's wedding, or is that some kind of stain on her shirt? Have the Rods been invited to any celebrity weddings recently? I think they showed up at a Duggar wedding and parked the RV in the Duggar mansion driveway. It must be a pain to have Rods show up to take the attention and food away from everyone else. Maybe in a crowd of 500, it doesn't make much difference. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Jill's pregnant belly blackened out in photos of Erin's wedding, or is that some kind of stain on her shirt? Have the Rods been invited to any celebrity weddings recently? I think they showed up at a Duggar wedding and parked the RV in the Duggar mansion driveway. It must be a pain to have Rods show up to take the attention and food away from everyone else. Maybe in a crowd of 500, it doesn't make much difference. 

IIRC the Rods got on the Duggars' sh*t list when JillR excitedly posted a photo of her invitation one of the Duggar daughters' weddings on social media, details and all, when the Duggs had TOLD invitees not to disclose the details. No more invites to Arkansas and free parking for the Rods' RV at the TTH. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Dumb on Jill’s part. She could have gotten a Duggar or 2 for son in law. 

Maybe. Jill has attractive and obedient daughters, but unfortunately, they come with their mother attached. I think the Duggars see themselves as having moved up financially and socially, so the Rods are not the people they really want to add to their inner circle. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC the Rods got on the Duggars' sh*t list when JillR excitedly posted a photo of her invitation one of the Duggar daughters' weddings on social media, details and all, when the Duggs had TOLD invitees not to disclose the details. No more invites to Arkansas and free parking for the Rods' RV at the TTH. 

That was Jinger's wedding. I remember Jill's post. She has zero boundaries. That was all about LOOK!!!!! A DUGGAR WEDDING!!!!!11 Bitch thought she was royalty, forgetting that the Duggars send out hundreds of invitations.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That was Jinger's wedding. I remember Jill's post. She has zero boundaries. That was all about LOOK!!!!! A DUGGAR WEDDING!!!!!11 Bitch thought she was royalty, forgetting that the Duggars send out hundreds of invitations.

Shit, not only do they send out hundreds, JB carries the invites around with him and hands them out to folks when he feels like it. If someone handed me an invite as an afterthought, I'd be like, no thanks.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, 3 pictures:

I'm not going to watch the video and give her views, so perhaps this is covered, but we really needed a driving video, a hotel video and three photos of the porch of wherever they're staying, which doesn't seem to have a view of anything? What am I missing?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'm not going to watch the video and give her views, so perhaps this is covered, but we really needed a driving video, a hotel video and three photos of the porch of wherever they're staying, which doesn't seem to have a view of anything? What am I missing?

Absolutely nothing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Omg, my anniversary is Oct 4th also. Kill me now. But I did not even leave my house except to go to work. I baked a cake for my husband. Whoopee.

Jill and Shrek made whoopee hoping for another starving miracle baby. Yay.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Where are the rest of the kids? Whose car are they driving?

Just guessing, but I’d bet that the rest of the kids were at home being taken care of by the older R-slaves.  They’re probably driving their own grifter car.

• Love 3

So they went from Vermont to Cape Cod. Where was the RV? I doubt Kaylee or Renee can drive it. So yeah, where were the kids stashed during this little getaway? Did they stay at a local KOA while Jill and Shark had their little tryst?

So many unanswered questions. 

• Love 4