Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Timmy seems to be part of a Communist Chinese-style political rehabilitation campaign. Let's see how how long Jill can keep her previously shunned Tim back in the spotlight of success. Sometimes these efforts go astray, and what does success in this family really mean anyway? Unemployed headship Shrek? Plexus shill Jill? 

I really hope Nurie is sending her Jill-friendly posts while sitting on a Florida beach in a swimsuit drinking a margarita. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

I mean, Nurie didn't provide pics...or create her own social media account to document such things. So it's not far-fetched to believe she's just telling Jill things she suspects Jill would want to hear while in real life is doing something totally different.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Portia said:

Edited to add: I kind of wish the Rods would come to town, because if my daughter (the married heterosexual Christian who's also a politically active liberal feminist and a helluva debater) got wind of Jill's homophobic, MAGA, patriarchal nonsense, she'd tear her a new one. And I'd sell tickets.

I'd buy a ticket to see that.  It would be truly beautiful to watch.

She has no right to say fat considering her mate doesn't miss a meal.  I highly doubt that she has real conversations with her children - she only knows how to order them to do the housework, and shame them probably by the hour for not being more like Jesus.  

The day Karma comes to dance all over her Plexus addled skull will be a treat indeed.  

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean, Nurie didn't provide pics...or create her own social media account to document such things. So it's not far-fetched to believe she's just telling Jill things she suspects Jill would want to hear while in real life is doing something totally different.

It’s not farfetched to believe JRod made the whole thing up.

• Love 14

DRod looks like a prime candidate for Metabolic Syndrome and its fun manifestations...heart disease, stroke, diabetes. He also looks utterly exhausted most of the time. Also his liver may be on borrowed time.

I am guessing he lives on high fructose corn syrup and sugar (who “accidentally” drinks hummingbird nectar?) and fast food.

Not shaming him, really...if I were tied to Jill for eternity I would be eating myself to death, too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

To be fair, I doubt that many kids in the age range of the Rodlets have the slightest clue who Kurt Cobain was. 

And now I feel old...really, really old.

I don't know about that. I think a lot of people still listen to Nirvana, regardless of their age. I was only 4 when Cobain killed himself, but I still listened to a lot of Nirvana as an angsty teenager. (And truthfully still listen to a lot of it as an angsty adult. LOL) The other day, I saw a guy at the library rocking a Nirvana T-shirt, and I know he's several years younger than me. I wouldn't automatically assume that someone Tim's age would know who Cobain was, but I also wouldn't rule it out. 

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

(who “accidentally” drinks hummingbird nectar?)

I still can't get over that. Like, seriously, what the fuck? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

DRod looks like a prime candidate for Metabolic Syndrome and its fun manifestations...heart disease, stroke, diabetes. He also looks utterly exhausted most of the time. Also his liver may be on borrowed time.

I am guessing he lives on high fructose corn syrup and sugar (who “accidentally” drinks hummingbird nectar?) and fast food.

Not shaming him, really...if I were tied to Jill for eternity I would be eating myself to death, too.

I wonder what will happen if/when Shrek does kick the bucket?  Will Jill play the “poor pitiful widow with 13 kids” role for all it’s worth for years or will she be on the hunt for a new Shrek ASAP?  I mean, he honestly looks like he’s a heart attack or stroke ready to happen at any time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I really doubt the Rod squad has been exposed to the grunge genre. I'd bet the farm that Timbits has no clue who Kurt Cobain was, let alone pick him out of a lineup. 😁

Yes and I don't think the Rods do, but it was stated anyone those kids' age probably wouldn't know him. That I'm much less sure of. 

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder what will happen if/when Shrek does kick the bucket?  Will Jill play the “poor pitiful widow with 13 kids” role for all it’s worth for years or will she be on the hunt for a new Shrek ASAP?  I mean, he honestly looks like he’s a heart attack or stroke ready to happen at any time.

I have insulin resistance, and I suspect David has it too. It tends to show up in the waist, and age makes it worse. I get treatment and try to watch my diet (pandemic isolation is NOT helping), but David gets his health advice from Jill, a fifth-grade graduate. Their meals appear to be carb nightmares, and they don't spend money on healthcare, just Plexus crap. 

David should be careful. He might very well be a candidate for a sudden, deadly heart attack. I've seen it happen more than once within my extended family. Jill should be focusing her three working brain cells on what she would do with a barndo full of kids and no husband. God and the Dinguses have their limits. 

Any man who would marry that shrew gets no pity from me. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't think Nurie would make things up for Jill to post since her inlaws and husband would know the truth. I think she probably says something like she met a sweet girl named Elizabeth at youth and Jill fills in the imaginary gaps.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Define "raising be your children," Jill.

I haaaate it when meme creators do this. They presented this text as if it's a direct quote from Spurgeon even though it was heavily edited to make it shorter and more modern-    sounding. In the process, they used the wrong tense of lead (the simple past led is called for there) and left in a comma after children that isn't needed in the abridged sentence. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Why do the children have to be “in order? What does that even mean?

Thank you! I was wondering this, too. Did she mean the children better come after the parents are married, or that they need to follow their parents around duckling-style in age order, or...?

• Love 10
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I am a grandma.  I love to go out with my daughter-in-law and granddaughters (pre pandemic).  I was not aware this was wrong.  Thank you for enlightening me, Jill. 

By the way, you look like a retired stripper, and you are judgmental, evil, and the anthesis of a real Christian.

And FEED YOUR KIDS!

Bravo!!! (Brava?)

• Love 6
Just now, dargosmydaddy said:

Thank you! I was wondering this, too. Did she mean the children better come after the parents are married, or that they need to follow their parents around duckling-style in age order, or...?

I pictured them all lined up wearing matching gendered outfits like the old Duggar pictures. The big Peter Pan collars would perfectly frame Jilldo's countenance. 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Portia said:

I haaaate it when meme creators do this. They presented this text as if it's a direct quote from Spurgeon even though it was heavily edited to make it shorter and more modern-    sounding. In the process, they used the wrong tense of lead (the simple past led is called for there) and left in a comma after children that isn't needed in the abridged sentence. 

Can you source the original? I'd like to see the full context of what he said. 

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think she meant that children should arrive after a couple gets married and follow behind their parents obediently. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think she meant that children should arrive after a couple gets married and follow behind their parents obediently. 

I think you're giving Jill too much credit. She doesn't have the ability to think things through like that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I mean, she kind of already does that now, just with a husband.

• LOL 16
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Can you source the original? I'd like to see the full context of what he said. 

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, and training them up in God’s fear, and minding the house, and making your household a church for God, as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tollelege.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/the-gospel-at-work-by-charles-spurgeon/amp/

• Useful 11
31 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Let's see, doesn't that litle perfect daughter in the yellow dress need a modesty t-shirt under her dress and those leggings that hide her knees?

Yes. And the boy in shorts, the mom with bare shoulders and the dad with too many buttons undone. It looks like a Gothard test for eye traps.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, iwantcookies said:

It’s hilarious to me that Jill thinks she is a godly, wonderful woman. Yikes.

This is why I always give a side eye to someone who proclaims to me to be Christian, or remind me that they don’t drink, and they go to church, and they don’t swear, etc. I always find these types of folks to be so judgmental and un-Christ-like. 

• Love 23
16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill will marry a Dingus.

• LOL 1

I cannot get over Jill ranting about the evils of mothers and daughters and grandchildren spending the day together, or friends meeting up with their babies in tow. Those are literally the most wholesome activities that I can think of.

This woman prowls the world looking for the evil in everyone, everywhere. She’s frightening — and I feel horrible for her children, because you know they can’t ever do right in her eyes, either. The Rodriguez home must be a very dark place.

• Love 23