Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Hmm, wonder who?  Could have been Erin or Whitney since they “ work” with Carlin.

Erin has been very quiet on SM, so maybe you're right. It could be even more of them too, because according to many of their posts, they all seemed to come in contact with each other throughout the last few months.

They obviously weren't following the health protocols, because up until now, anytime one of them had a sniffle or injury they'd post almost daily about it.

The Derrico family also had covid, all of them, including their one year old with heart issues and the 70 year old lung cancer survivor grandma.

12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It almost surprises me, in a way, that they played up the religious angle so much in naming the business, because obviously the only clientele he will get with that will come from among those of like mind who tremble in fear at the thought of heathen hands sullying their drainpipes. But, who is he going to be able to bring to the Lord every time he sets foot out in the world now? Mightn't an ambush be the better gamble? At least until word got around.

Probably just another way to play up her persecution theme. With the double bonus of Timmy not making any money, thus forcing him to fail at something yet again.

• Love 4

I'm still trying to figure out what it is that makes it look as though he has long hair. I almost didn't recognize him because of it, being that long hair on a guy just simply, automatically excludes it from belonging to the inner circle of fundie faces we know.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm still trying to figure out what it is that makes it look as though he has long hair. I almost didn't recognize him because of it, being that long hair on a guy just simply, automatically excludes it from belonging to the inner circle of fundie faces we know.

Mama's reflection in the window taking the picture. You can see her scarf.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, skatelady said:

Probably just another way to play up her persecution theme. With the double bonus of Timmy not making any money, thus forcing him to fail at something yet again.

You'd think Jill would want this business to be a little successful anyway. After all, she'll take a big cut of the profits while being able to brag about her son. Jill and David are not exactly the best sources of advice on running a business, however, since they don't do much in the way of work themselves. 

I'm sure Jill doesn't want Tim to succeed well enough to become independent. He might get ideas about finding a girlfriend. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Mama's reflection in the window taking the picture. You can see her scarf.

That's a metaphor for poor Timmy's entire life. Every time he looks in a mirror, he sees an image of his mother's bleached hair, clown makeup, and her camera superimposed on his face. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

SO sad that a man in his early 20s is still required to participate in activities for an 8 year old

I'm trying to imagine telling my 24-year old son to climb up into a child's playhouse and stick his face in the window so Mommy could take his picture, and what his response might be, LOL.  These kids are so brainwashed to do whatever Jill makes them do.  I'm sure the ability to politely decline was removed from their vocabulary as soon as they learned the word "No."

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm trying to imagine telling my 24-year old son to climb up into a child's playhouse and stick his face in the window so Mommy could take his picture, and what his response might be, LOL.  These kids are so brainwashed to do whatever Jill makes them do.  I'm sure the ability to politely decline was removed from their vocabulary as soon as they learned the word "No."

Just make sure you tell him to stick his face through the heart shaped window, because that is too too precious.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

They took someone out to eat? Seems like a first. Wonder if it's true.

As for him, though, his time might be better spent getting JillR to behave according to better Christian principles and leaving the Moldovans alone.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

"He and my husband are talking about having him translate one of our Gospel tracts (from our printing ministry) into that language." 

The conversation didn't include what language is spoken in Moldova?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

The Moldovans are pretty uniformly Eastern Orthodox, so missionary Hamilton is trying to convert Christians into Christians, the right kind. 

The check is sitting in front of David, but even if he paid it, I suspect the Rods will get reimbursed for this business dinner. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Added the check comment
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I do not understand missioning to already Christian areas.  Now THAT is definitely god bothering.  Or maybe the mission is to assist the poor in that country?  No, with those guys, probably not.  

I know people who were MKs (missionary kids) who spend their childhood in Norway and England, and that always quite frankly baffled me. I asked them how successful their parents were, and they admitted "Not very." 🙄

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 9/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Insane! And why does she ask questions in her posts, then turn on the comments? And who uses the word “luncheon?”

D4FC1D48-E3B9-446C-A21C-9CBB9391C701.jpeg

I think she gets her jollies from scaring people with freakish facial expressions. Do we think she’s familiar with Edvard Munch’s The Scream?

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

love that one of them has her shoes sitting on the table. maybe she is filling them with food to take home

The thrift-store shoes probably hurt her feet, so she might as well put them to good use carrying chips. 

Shrek has that goofy, confused look on his face again; he's probably not used to having an unpaid restaurant check sitting in front of him. He does have Bible tracts for a tip, however. Also, his waist is expanding exponentially. He really needs to stop eating everything he can get his hands on and leave some food for his hungry children. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13