Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Well, darn. Here's the website from the tract I was given and it looks like it's someone else with a "printing ministry." As seen here, they charge $35 for batches of 500 smiley face tracts. http://www.smilefacetract.com/track-orders?category=Batch+Order

They'd better hope they remember/can afford to get the septic tank emptied far more often than recommended, then. I had neighbors whose tank overflowed and it was horrible. (But the Rods kind of deserve it, LOL.)

I feel like David’s smiley face tract was, um, hand-drawn.  Or maybe one of those self conscious arty ‘I can’t draw a circle’ rustic font type thing.

• LOL 4

The Bontragers announced Chelsy's pregnancy yesterday. She announced her pregnancy first, then the Maxwells a day later and now her parents. Her parents have 4 grandchildren (one from each married couple) with 2 more on the way.

The Maxwells have a photo dump from Christmas. Chelsy's husband John found his Christmas present in an outdoor tree (as a gag). He had to climb to get it. No idea what he got, but who says the Maxwells ain't fun? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, christine falls said:

No, it's a shared account. Patricia (Pat) is Jill's mom. Like David Jill Rodrigues. 

Do they know these accounts are free? 😉

Edited by BetyBee
  • LOL 11
17 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I would just guess that it isn't about cost, its about being open with the spouse - no secret postings.  Of course spouse could open separate account if they wanted to sign up for Ashley Madison!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think they're "accountability accounts." Not only is your accountability partner tailing you, you've melded into a single person. So be good, for goodness' sake! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There is no way approx  20 month old Janessa did her own nails and have them end up looking this good. I don't think she has the coordination or patience to tackle this type of project no matter what Jill thinks. 

• Love 10

Folks, Political discussion is not allowed here, unless directly related to the show, and only to discuss how they discussed it, not to add your own commentary. Social Media is not The Show.  Please do not bring their political SM posts into the threads, and do not comment on them here.

• Love 2

Well, I am delighted to know that she is a follower of "Daniel in the Laundromat". It certainly helps explain some of her less than Christ-like behavior.  Not sure I want to know more about her God, "Daniel in the Laundromat " if she is an example of his values. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

He probably pretended to get the crazy lady off his back. I doubt Daniel will be visiting that laundromat again. I really dislike God botherers. Go feed and educate your emaciated, ignorant kids. 😡

I'm sure he did. A five minute talk with this lunatic isn't going to turn someone to God but turn them away. Leave people be so they can go about their business. I would complain to the owner of the laundromat. I would tell them if she does this everytime, he won't have any customers left. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure he did. A five minute talk with this lunatic isn't going to turn someone to God but turn them away. Leave people be so they can go about their business. I would complain to the owner of the laundromat. I would tell them if she does this everytime, he won't have any customers left. 

Agreed, I would be incredibly pissed off and hostile if she did this to me.

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a scary looking picture.  She looks insane.

I thought it was one of those disturbing bug-eyed animal photos that used to be popular on greeting cards. 

Where is that picture? There's so much strange-looking stuff in the background. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a scary looking picture.  She looks insane.

I assume she thinks she looks good in that picture? I wonder what she sees when she looks at it? Radiance and spiritual contentment or thereabouts, I assume? 

Makes me wonder whether I'm any better judge of what I look like, actually....

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Poor Daniel! The guy was just trying to get some laundry done after a night of celebrating-he may have even had a hangover. Jill may not have led him to the Lord, but she may have cured him from drinking.

... or led him to do MORE drinking!

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

The main Maxwell blog post is about how the entire family (including married children, in-laws, and grandchildren) took a family photo together.

Teri's Mom's Corner is about how she prayed on whether to buy three more long-sleeved t-shirts. The Lord said no, but then her kids gave her them for Christmas.

Steve's Seriously Dad's posts are for men only 🙄. Recently the posts have been getting shorter and shorter.  Here's today's

Beneficial Versus Harmful?

A healthy food item’s packaging proclaimed that it didn’t have 125 artificial ingredients and preservatives. Might that be similar to a person touting on his job resume that he never embezzled.

What we do with our time is far more critical than what we aren’t doing with it. How much are you seeking and learning of Christ?

“And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:9-11). 

I understand what he's getting at, but it feels a little abrupt. Still it's not particular offensive so that's good. 

• Love 2

Kelly bates posted a substantial comment about their girls needing to wear skirts while at home under their care, but allowed to make their own decisions once they’re married, and they love them no matter what. Apparently they were wearing skiing skirts?! Judson was in a video snowboarding, didn’t see a pic of the skirts. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, emma675 said:

Holy crap, I literally recoiled when that pic of Jill popped up on my screen. That was a terrifying overuse of filters/Photoshop/whatever the hell she's done to that pic. 

I've done that several times with Jill pics, including this one. I'm never adequately braced for her mug. Holy shit is that one scary-looking bitch. 

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

She looks like when a wild animal gets detected on the Ring app at night. 

This made me laugh so hard that simply liking it would not do. 🙂 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, awaken said:

Kelly bates posted a substantial comment about their girls needing to wear skirts while at home under their care, but allowed to make their own decisions once they’re married, and they love them no matter what. Apparently they were wearing skiing skirts?! Judson was in a video snowboarding, didn’t see a pic of the skirts. 

It's on her Instagram stories. She made the young girls wear ski skirts. It seems so stupid and dangerous, she can't open her legs to keep her balance. 

Screenshot_20200108-225857_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.e05aaa399bfd151298b1b037332c909d.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

It's on her Instagram stories. She made the young girls wear ski skirts. It seems so stupid and dangerous, she can't open her legs to keep her balance. 

Screenshot_20200108-225857_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.e05aaa399bfd151298b1b037332c909d.jpg

Looks like someone let Michaela near a sewing machine during her studies.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1