Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I imagine it's mostly shipping to churches across the country. I was approached by a young boy and girl (in a long skirt) in the grocery store the other day. They said "Can we give you a smile?" and gave me a little tract with a yellow smiley face on the cover. I know David prints smiley face tracts and I couldn't help but wondering if this was one of them! And of course I felt sad for the kids.

I live near HSLDA headquarters and babysat for one of its lawyers. They have made it easy to bypass any regulations by claiming religious freedom.

I'm guessing she doesn't publicize the likely fact that they're given a salary for being "missionaries" through an organization because it might hamper their grifting efforts.

If their organization is anything like the ones with which I am familiar, each missionary is responsible for raising all of their own funds during deputation, and they also keep a running list of supplies that they need donated. This can include clothing for the family, nonperishable food, school supplies, toiletries, and household goods. Maybe some churches or organizations pay missionaries directly, but as someone who has been active in Christian nonprofits my whole adult life, that isn't how it usually is done in Evangelical circles.

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

If their organization is anything like the ones with which I am familiar, each missionary is responsible for raising all of their own funds during deputation, and they also keep a running list of supplies that they need donated. This can include clothing for the family, nonperishable food, school supplies, toiletries, and household goods. Maybe some churches or organizations pay missionaries directly, but as someone who has been active in Christian nonprofits my whole adult life, that isn't how it usually is done in Evangelical circles.

I grew up in a very Evangelical/fundy church, Reformed Presbyterian (not to be confused with the mainstream Presbyterian Church of America) and it directly sponsors missionaries, but I'm sure many churches do it differently.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Someone REALLY needs to post one of Melania's nude modeling pics on Jill's FB page. 😈

“Now here’s a bitch who knows how to grift, Jill! “. Along with the appropriate photos of diamonds in her mouth, and the lesbian photos.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I imagine it's mostly shipping to churches across the country. I was approached by a young boy and girl (in a long skirt) in the grocery store the other day. They said "Can we give you a smile?" and gave me a little tract with a yellow smiley face on the cover. I know David prints smiley face tracts and I couldn't help but wondering if this was one of them! And of course I felt sad for the kids.

That sure sounds like what his tracts look like, based on what they've shown in photos.

Regarding the Rodrigues's septic system, there's just no way it's designed for that many people. Even the well could be an issue if it's not exceptionally productive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Liberty

1 : the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases. b : freedom from physical restraint. c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic (see despot sense 1) control

Doesn't sound like Jill at all.Can you imagine the freedoms taken away if fundies were in control? Women couldn't work,no birth control,dress codes,esp. for women,etc.A nightmare!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

That sure sounds like what his tracts look like, based on what they've shown in photos.

Regarding the Rodrigues's septic system, there's just no way it's designed for that many people. Even the well could be an issue if it's not exceptionally productive. 

Well, darn. Here's the website from the tract I was given and it looks like it's someone else with a "printing ministry." As seen here, they charge $35 for batches of 500 smiley face tracts. http://www.smilefacetract.com/track-orders?category=Batch+Order

They'd better hope they remember/can afford to get the septic tank emptied far more often than recommended, then. I had neighbors whose tank overflowed and it was horrible. (But the Rods kind of deserve it, LOL.)

• Love 7

Re Jill's sign: Do the Rod boys plan to enlist and fight in any upcoming foreign wars, or will they stay in the US and torment people here? 

Is the RV full of guns as well as bibles and young children? Interesting mix. 

Re the septic cleaning ad: "Is your yard slushy and stinks to high heaven" made me laugh for the bad grammar and the image of a slushy, stinky heaven. Blasphemy, Jill?

Timothy Patricia Noyes??

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

The Maxwell family passes out religious tracts especially at the annual county fair where the girls do face painting and balloon animals.  I'm pretty sure they have disclosed where they buy their tracts but IIRC, it wasn't David's company.  I looked quickly on their site but couldn't find anything. 

Does David print only religious tracts or does he do other literature  like church bulletins or monthly newsletters?

I came across a Maxwell family  CD in case someone is looking for ways to spend their Christmas money.  It's titled "Simple Faith: Trust and Obey."   It includes the more well known "Trust and Obey" as well as the rarely heard "Daddy on His Knees."  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 1/5/2020 at 4:16 PM, louannems said:

Plus it's just disrespectful and an invasion of her children's privacy and posted for all to see!  I'd be furious which I know her kids would never realize that they had the right to privacy during prayer.

Well, I doubt they have the right to privacy when, say, pooping either. So they've probably just stopped noticing the likely nonstop privacy invasion they experience with their parents. (although it's almost certainly contributing to some major anxiety building up in their nervous systems somewhere)

Speaking from experience here. 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, Temperance said:

Genevieve Jackson is engaged! Marjorie's closest in age sister is 19 and engaged to be married.  Her engagment photos show the happy couple kissing while Genevieve wears jeans.

Marjorie is still single after a broken courtship with Josiah. Her family seems more mainstream than most of the fundies we follow. 

I wonder whether Marjorie's clear ability to earn her own living has/will have any effect on her marriage trajectory. I'd think it might. 

This is why we cannot must not allow girls/women to realize that they can earn their own living! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2020 at 5:39 PM, Lunera said:

Looked through Genevieve's IG, seems like they've been seeing each other for less than a year. Marjorie is only 21, can't believe they tried to marry her off years ago. 

I kind of doubt that her parents really did try to marry her off, exactly.

Seems to me more likely, given the slightly detached way her parents seem to behave toward their apparent sect beliefs, that Marjorie -- who seems to have a strong spiritual bent but not a tendency to subsume her own spirituality to one that someone else prescribes -- believed at the time, and on her own, that joining with a suitable and suitably religious/spiritual mate was what she wanted to do.

And she and Josiah had a sympatico thing going. So she deliberately -- and enthusiastically, at first -- signed up for it. While her parents took a generally hands-off approach, both because Marjorie was following the pattern laid out by their form of Christianity and because they may actually trust that they've raised kids who can show decent judgment on their own. 

Then everything Duggar went south and Marjorie discovered her relationship had problems (of various kinds, including problems involving the very different way the Duggars treat their kids and the way the Jacksons treat theirs...) and she (probably to her parents' relief) ran. 

I could be totally wrong, obviously, but to me that scenario pretty much fits what we've seen of both Marjorie and the Jacksons over time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I want to know what that T will stand for on January 21, 2021( a girl can dream)  or January 21, 2025.  Jill does know the Constitution limits a president to 2 terms, right?

T for Timothy Rodrigues of course 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I doubt they have the right to privacy when, say, pooping either. So they've probably just stopped noticing the likely nonstop privacy invasion they experience with their parents. (although it's almost certainly contributing to some major anxiety building up in their nervous systems somewhere)

Speaking from experience here. 

Those poor kids aren’t even allowed to be alone with themselves.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

@heckkitty JillR posted LGBT with a rainbow flag background. She wrote they support Liberty, Guns, Bible and Trump.

Oh yes, because Blessed are the Peacemakers. They shall be called children of God.

Thanks for the explanation of the contents of the broken link.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, she's a huge fan of liberty. Just ask her starving children. (well, you'd have to give them truth serum first)

Pickles has a post about Jill allegedly starving her children. I hope it gets some  major severe attention for someone to come in an take a good look at how the children are taken care of.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

When the septic tank explodes Jill and family will be covered in feces because they are all feces.

Well they are full of shit......

Edited by Annb67
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The 'we poor persecuted Christians, we were forced to take down our post full of hate' post incoming in 5..4...3...

Jill probably received blowback on that post, and, yes, she'll cry persecuted (white) Christian (evangelical). In her mind, only people who look, sound, and think like she does should have the right to "liberty." 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Re Jill's sign: Do the Rod boys plan to enlist and fight in any upcoming foreign wars, or will they stay in the US and torment people here? 

Is the RV full of guns as well as bibles and young children? Interesting mix. 

Re the septic cleaning ad: "Is your yard slushy and stinks to high heaven" made me laugh for the bad grammar and the image of a slushy, stinky heaven. Blasphemy, Jill?

Timothy Patricia Noyes??

Never, they only like to carry around the guns to look tough. They would crap their pants if they saw combat. 

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Olivia is 8. I think the cake is made of little juniors cupcakes with icing on top. Olivia poses with a candle not eating a cupcake. I wonder did she even get a piece of cake.
Sad cake, sad hungry Olivia. 

I still remember the days of Angry Olivia in the baby cage. 😢

• Love 1

That "cake" is big enough, so Olivia might get a piece unless David is especially hungry that night. 

They're in the new house? Wonder how the heat and septic systems are working out. Jill needs to give a tour. 

Olivia has probably moved from a baby cage in the RV to a blanket and pillow on a cold floor. I guess that's progress in her sad little life. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I bet the kids will sleep on the floor. Or they buy a few twin beds and the kids have to share.

What a sad existence for these kids. 

in the pics from the Rods old house the kids had beds.  2 sets of bunks in the boys room and 2 in the older girls' room. the weird part of the girls room was the clothing racks like Jana's with all the clothes taking up a large part of the room. then a room with a set of bunks and a toddler bed. and a room with 2 cribs. not sure what kid besides Janessa would still be using a crib

seems they would move all the beds to the new house.  but what they did with all their stuff while they were living in the RV between houses though who knows

Edited by crazy8s
looked at the pics from the old house and corrected my poor memory
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There's no shelving in the barndominium. Where will Jill put all her dust-collecting tchotchkes? 

I'm sure she will buy shelves. Her children will certainly give up food so Best Mama Ever can display her tchotchkes. She is so blessed, you know.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3