Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E12: The Finale / S19.E13: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

(edited)

Chris returns to Iowa with Whitney and Becca. He introduces them to his family and struggles to decide which lady, if either, he should offer the season's final rose.

Chris Soules recaps the season in an interview with Chris Harrison. Also: The final two bachelorettes, Becca and Whitney, discuss the outcome of the show; and the next star of "The Bachelorette" is announced.

Edited by OnceSane
locked topic until after show airs

I wish this thread was opened after the finale instead of ATFR, which are officially 2 separate episodes.

I think Chris' BIL hit the nail on the head when he said Becca was the more attractive option to Chris because she was not the sure thing and guys like the chase.  Looks like he picked the safe option, just didn't look like his heart was in it as much as hers going into the decision.  Hopefully, for their sake, he's completely into her now.  I haven't been watching much this season, but wow does Whitney talk a lot and she articulates her feelings well, guess Chris can just sit back and let her do all the talking. 

I thought Neil's rings looked clunky and garish, didn't like any.  Both ladies looked great at the FRC.  The barn looked beautiful, appropriate and more personal location for the FRC, and the proposal wouldn't have been complete without the Chris laugh, lol.

So that was the big shock that Harrison promised?  I'm not digging either bachelorette, they're both more appropriate for the Pad. There will never be a more dramatic ATFR than Melissa and Jason.  TG for Jimmy to bring the laughs, made it worth my time sitting through that last hour.

• Love 5

Holy crap, Becca totally had hand in the relationship.  He spent way too much time comforting her and trying to reassure her.  If I were Whitney as the chosen one, I'd be PO'd at this, big time.

And his family has collectively consumed the Kool Aid of this show.  His sisters and even his mom were all about the love and marriage.  I cannot believe his mom was coaching Becca.  And his sisters were REALLY invested in this, in an unironic way.  The man talk in the barn about hard-to-get appealing to Chris seemed a lot more realistic.

My take away from all of the final two dates?  Chris is truly a vapid individual, with very few brain cells to rub together.  The fact that his family had so much input (something I don't recall seeing ever -- not including the subtle leading Andy Firestone got from his brother), was so telling.  They didn't trust him to make a good decision, either.

I thought it was very sweet that his parents came out to offer their love and support after Chris proposed to Whitney.  Kind of cute that they really think this is for keeps. 

So Jimmy Kimmel brings farm animals and asks sex questions?  How refreshing.

And the next Bachelorette....  Umm, let's have both?  We'll see if the guys go for looks or personality....  And listening to Britt answer Chris' questions - she's thinking "bring it on, b*tch!" while cackling with the fake laughter.

Edited by msburg
  • Love 7

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put candles in a barn, near hay.  Whitney cannot be happy after seeing tonight's show, because like Mr. Soules said, "Becca was the one he really wanted."  Had she been the one to say "I love you and I am ready to move," it would have been a wrap - right then and there.   I think Chris proposed because he was expected to, but I don't believe his heart was in it. I had a deja vu moment when he started crying after sending Becca home, it reminded me of what happened after Jason walked Molly to the loser limo.   I have a feeling this relationship won't last.

Poor Kaitlyn!  She doesn't have a prayer.

• Love 5

This whole back and forth is annoying.  It's so obviously been Whitney since their first date that I feel like they are making up a contender out of thin air. 

Neil Lane is pissed about having to go to Iowa. He's like, I'm giving you guys a ring for a comped trip to Fiji, not Dubuque!

I'm curious what Becca thinks being in love will be like. And not even about Chris--but her boyfriend of four years. She doesn't have the slightest bit of emotion about leaving. I really think she might have Asperger's. She's very much like my son who has it--cannot compute emotions beyond a logical understanding that they exist.

So...nothing shocking yet. Normal proposal. (Whitney looked gorgeous.) Waiting for the other shoe to drop, Harrison!!! Well, damn, now I'm getting mad at this show. I mean, if Harrison just told us it's the most dramatic FRC/ATFR ever, then, okay, he ALWAYS says that. But where is the most shocking twist that "has never happened before"?! Whitney better come out already eloped to Chris or Becca better come out having transitioned to Bruce or something. 

Nope, still Becca. OK now Harrison said "An unprecedented announcement that will leave everyone speechless." Are they going to get married tonight? Is this about the Bachelorette and not about Chris at all? Sigh. This show is lucky that we Sprang Ahead the clocks so I'm not tired yet. I'm about to give up on this show; 2 hours and 20 minutes of boredom with 40 more minutes to go!

Is she pregnant?! No.

Ashley S.: "About the cat?" Bwhaha! Ok, that wasn't the shocking reveal,  either, but if they made Ashley S. Bachelorette, that would have left me speechless.

Is Jimmy Kimmel the shocking reveal?! Goddamn it, I hope the cow isn't the shocking reveal!

Ok, it's "the Bachelorette announcement that's unlike anything you've ever seen before." If it's not Harrison's ex-wife, then I doubt it's going to leave me speechless,  but let's get on with this already...

Britt and Kaitlyn and the guys decide night 1? They did this with two Bachelors (apparenly, I didn't watch Byron's season), so this isn't unprecedented, Harrison!  Wait, they're mentioning a hot tub,  they won't both be on the whole season, right? I'm not speechless; I have many questions! 

• Love 12

Becca is a Fembot.

Chris went with the easy pick. Whitney was over the top with her enthusiasm and buttering up his family, she had the correct answer for everything. Like somebody said here, she treated this like a job interview.

2 bachelorettes? What if most of the men pick Britt?

• Love 3

I'd rather be married to one of Chris's sisters than to either Becca or Whitney.

Did the show's production staff decorate that barn?  It looked like a Disneyland barn, right down to the small tractor sitting outside and the bales of hay forming and entry lane.

• Love 1

Boom! Called it. Well, for as much as a casual viewer could care or wish to call it.

It's been awhile since I watched any season of the Bachelor (I think ... Jillian was my last season? Jake? Deanna? Brad 2.0? ... someone around there) and I only had the TV on because I was waiting for Castle to start afterward, but I got sucked in, mostly because Chris is pretty, but dumb. So it's good to know that the editing formula hasn't changed since my last go-round.

After Chris welcomes Becca to Iowa in the barn she laughs and you can see her breath. And Chris Harrison tells Whitney she's shaking like a leaf. Nerves, sure, but also ... it's probably around freezing. Welcome to Iowa in November ... it's cold. I hope they had heaters in that barn. Speaking of the barn, they sure did make the barn look really pretty. It was a nice change from the oceanside garden they used to go with (do they still?).

Becca seems decently not surprised that he didn't pick her, so I give her credit for that and for being pretty honest about her feelings throughout the show. I think they had a mutual respect and if they had met outside of a dating show maybe they would have had a shot. But I don't think Becca ever came into this looking to find her husband, right that second, whereas Chris did, and Whitney fit that description.

My only question is: did Chris ever get Whitney's sister's permission to ask Whitney to marry him?

The ATFR was mostly mind-numbingly boring. Except for Ashley S. She's crazy, but I can't look away. I don't understand why she was there, though. To keep up the "join us on Bachelor in Paradise" gag from the WTA? And Jimmy Kimmel gifting them with a cow named Juan Pablo, complete with Chris Harrison petting it with a coo of "es okay". I didn't even watch that season and I laughed.

Seems like Bachelor Nation prefers Kaitlyn to Britt for the Bachelorette, but whatever. I really don't care either way; neither woman interested me enough to want to watch her "shot at love". And despite Chris Harrison saying otherwise, they've had the duel Bachelor thing before, so it's not like it's a new thing. Isn't that how Byron got picked to be the Bachelor? (I didn't watch that season, either.) But it sounds like they're not letting the men pick and going forward from there ... they're literally going to have two bachelorettes. Which, I agree with Kaitlyn, if I'm signing up to be the Bachelorette, I don't want another girl there. I'm going to want to have 25 men fawning over me, not essentially competing with another girl, especially after coming right out of the Bachelor.

They're not officially announcing Chris on DWTS? That's ... surprising. I thought they would have milked it, but they didn't even mention it.

*sigh* I should have gone to bed. Reminder for next time: ATFR is not a replacement for Castle. It's okay to go to bed.

• Love 4

I just don't buy that Chris was falling in love with Becca the Virgin and he just took her to the end to appease Whitney.

And kudos to whichever Producer picked the music from Field of Dreams for Whitney's limo ride to the barn...

• Love 4

When I suggested using multiple bachelorettes in the past, I always pictured that I would like both of them. I like neither of the two they selected. Britt is anything but genuine, and Kaitlyn seems to think the whole thing is a joke (which maybe it is). So I am happy they are adding another woman to the season, but I am disappointed with the leftovers they stuck us with.

As for this season, I thought Chris and Chris went on a bit much about Becca. They seemed desperate to convince us that he was really considering Becca down to the bitter end, when everything we saw indicated that neither Chris nor Becca thought they were ever going to end up together. In the end, the funny laugh was destined to pick the funny voice.

• Love 1

I want those 3 hours of my life back. When the only thing worth remembering is Kimmel Kow, then you have a boring season.

Kaitlyn looked pissed off. And the tepid applause for Britt shows the drama queen didn't redeem herself last week.

• Love 7

Chris seemed to me like he wanted Becca but settled for Whitney. Whitney came on so strong and seemed so needy. I lost my mom young myself and I can see her need for Chris' mom to be her substitute mom, but this is supposed to be about love. From what I saw, Chris was in love with Becca, Whitney just wants to get married and have a family, and Chris' family wants to decide for him. Not exactly a love story.

I hated the endless teasing that there was something shocking about the ending of the Bachelor, when it wasn't about the Bachelor at all. Boo.

• Love 7

Two bachelorettes!? That so fucking stupid and seems cruel to do to a woman. Some fucking fairytale that is. I'm not tuning in for that, I hate it. It's really terrible.

Edited by lightbeam
  • Love 12

Another wasted season. Why do I bother? By the time Whitney pulled up I was really hoping for something more like Children of the Corn.

I was sure the never before big reveal on ATFR was going to be Becca coming out of the closet.

• Love 6

Kaitlyn clearly was upset with the idea of two bachelorettes and knows she got screwed over. Probably went into this thinking she would be the one and they sprung the Britt news on her at the last minute. All the guys will go for Britt so Kaitlyn might as well not even show up.

• Love 7

The look on Kaitlyn's face as she came out with Britt said it all. She knew she just got screwed over. But bless her for trying to keep positive about it, but she didn't do a good job of it. Anyone who has ever wondered what a "shit eating grin" was, need only have looked at Kaitlyn's face tonight.

There is no way in hell the guys pick Kaitlyn over Britt. 

If you ask me, the only real winner tonight was Ashley S. 

• Love 8

When will I learn with this show? There was nothing dramatic about it - why does that sucker me in every time. The only pat on the back I can give myself was that I worked out during the show and then walked away before it was over.

CH saying, "wasn't that romantic? wasn't that a special proposal?" is idiotic. No, it wasn't. You had voice overs of him saying how "unsure" he was about his decision, and how "conflicted" he was . . . and then 2 minutes later he proposes. That wasn't romantic. It was just sad.

I was hoping for some big reveal to at least give me some pay off for watching this snooze fest of a season and . . . there was none.

From the comments it appears that there will be two bachelorettes. How dramatic!?! Not.

• Love 3

Neil Lane looked miserable to have to be in Iowa, and those rings looked really tacky.

Like somebody said here, she treated this like a job interview.

I don't think I was the only person who said that, but I'll take credit!

Whitney made me nauseous with her rehearsed, insincere sales job. And what was really aggravating about it was that her supreme (manufacured) confidence about wanting to move to Iowa and marry Chris and have babies with him -- after having known him for about 7 weeks in real time -- was supposed to be the rational, preferable stance in the eyes of Chris and his family. Becca dodged a bullet.

Did the show's production staff decorate that barn?

I thought it looked like a Pier 1 Imports store threw up on an Orvis store.

I enjoyed the heart-to-heart talk Chris had with Becca in her hotel suite. You could see the gears in his head struggling to turn, trying to spit out thoughts.

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 15

Two bachelorettes!? That so fucking stupid and seems cruel to do to a woman. Some fucking fairytale that is. I'm not tuning in for that, I hate it. It's really terrible.

It's like choosing sides for gym class.    Pretty sure they'll pick Britt, which, ick.    I will say she looks scads better without all the crap on her face,    Damnit, I wanted to see some time spent in Canada.   

Why were those horses  in front of the barn trapped in that tiny, triangular pen?   Decorations? 

I forgot who won, ie, lost.  

• Love 4

Super Bachelorette Sisters sounds like a fucking trainwreck. If Britt is picked, she'll be done with him before the next election and if she isn't, well, mazel tov to them, they'll make it to Thanksgiving. I don't see it working.

• Love 3

I felt very badly for Kaitlyn.  I imagine she had it in the bag for a few weeks now and TPTB decided literally in the past day or so to add Britt to "change things up". If I were her I would have just declined. Yeah, call me a poor sport but I would have been done with Britt and having to keep up with the over-the-top fakeness, tears, and pony hair.

• Love 6

I honestly think the editing was the only reason we thought Becca had a chance. Midwesterners are very practical people (which is a fantastic quality). Practically speaking, Whitney has been the girl for some time. I especially felt it when Becca and Chris were talking during the live show. I did not feel any connection at all. It was like seeing a person you sat behind all through high school, but never really talked to. You know each other, are comfortable with each other and yet would be perfectly okay with never seeing them again.

Jimmy spoiling some of it for Whitney was tasteless. I was really upset with that whole turn of events.

I seriously thought the big announcement was either going to be: 1) they are already married or 2) she was pregnant.

I think Britt is a complete phony, but have no use for Kaitlyn either...argh!

• Love 3

I'm so irritated I have to make another comment lol.

I think the worst part of two bachelorettes is that the story will become about the men and their choices. It automatically pits the women against each other. It's really a horrible idea. I'm so out.

• Love 14

Well, kudos to Becca for turning Chris into a "beggar" rather than the "chooser"  

I also thought that she was subtly taking a dig at Whitney by implicitly suggesting that it's not normal to be that 100% sure after such a short period of time.  And Whitney was pouring it on so thick I thought she almost seemed inauthentic.

It also put Chris in the position of looking like he was more concerned about getting a woman to say "yes" than about finding the right woman.  

As far as next season, is it just me, or has Kaitlyn had even more of a makeover since the WTA?  It looked like her hair was darker, at the very least.  Meanwhile, it seemed like Britt came out with very little make-up on, and IMO still blew Kaitlyn away in the looks department.

Well, for now, I'm off to find my "clarity" (and my liver is thanking for me not choosing that word for the drinking game!).

• Love 7

I am skeptical that Whitney is trying to save face by "not watching" the show. First she had to see how he was all over Britt (afternoon nap anyone?). Then he acted like he would have picked Becca if she was half as enthusiastic as Whitney was.

• Love 3

I think the worst part of two bachelorettes is that the story will become about the men and their choices. It automatically pits the women against each other. It's really a horrible idea. I'm so out.

But that would more accurately reflect how things really happen. I have grown tired of the leads on this show being in such a power position that the supporting cast has to put everything out there without getting anything in return. And I think that's why I liked Becca. She refused to put everything out there, and to me that felt much more real than the irrational confidence Whitney found based on one semi-spontaneous wedding date.

Edited by Superpole2000
  • Love 5

I could care less about who Chris picked (taped the show, watched The Voice instead), but didn't Fleiss learn his lesson making the contestants pick who they want to scr, I mean, date? That fisherman nearly turned me off the franchise altogether when he fell for Mary's "Oh, woe is me, Slob nailed me then dumped me" schtick. And we all know what happened afterwards.

Why do the producers (Fleiss/Harrison et al) have a hard on over hot, sloppy, Tammy Fae Bakker mess Britt over Kaitlyn who has more personality in her nose piercing than Britt? We all know who the bachelors want. Didn't the polls have Kaitlyn winning overwhelmingly?

If this was the case, then they should've picked Jade instead.

Edited by OnceSane
removed inappropriate language
  • Love 3

Best part of the entire season was Jimmy Kimmel introducing the cow.  "His name is Juan Pablo and he doesn't speak English."  Chris Harrison: "Eees Okay!"

We died in the Toes household - even those with only a cursory knowledge of the show. Rewound and rewatched several times. Just awesome. Er, I mean, AMAZING!

Not even slightly interested in watching The Bachelorette. Ick and double ick. Thought it funny that the crowd in the audience was so far and away on Kaitlyn's team, and then brought both of them out.  heh. But agree that viewers will be stuck with Britt.

Kimmel's "amazing" bit is hysterical!

• Love 4

Well that's one way to get attention. I hope they told both women about this "twist" before they signed contracts. Or at least gave them time to process it before having to go on stage. This is worse than Ashley's season where she was against the men's disappointment about her not being Emily.

I can just hope that they do this in a way where whichever woman does go home they have some dignity. It really seems to go against the whole idea of the bachelorette where the woman has control over her love life. I know it's reality tv, but bleh.  

• Love 4

That was somewhat painful. Awkward. And embarrassing. But WTF was with that "vote" for bachelorette? I heard tons of applause for Caitlan and a smattering for Britt with Harrison calling it too close to call, so here they both are! B and S. On a happy note, I won't be watching either way.

I tuned in tonight because I learned I was two degrees of separation from Whitney--and nobody knew if she had the ring or not. So for that, I guess, good for her. And good damn luck living in the middle of wherever, driving the combine and cranking out the kids. At least she'll have built-in babysitters for when she wants to get away to ... see her peeps in Chicago.

• Love 1

I felt sorry for the women standing in that cold barn. You could see their breath. That cow was Juanita, not Juan. I wish the best for Chris and Whitney. Chris and Rebecca's conversation was a refreshing contrast to Andi and Nick's from last season.

• Love 2

I hope Kaitlyn has a few drinks tonight and drunk dials Mike Fleiss from the airport saying "Thanks but no thanks, Canada here I come!" The audience was not going for the dueling Bachelorette idea; wonder how Britt felt hearing such tepid applause for herself? 

Whitney is sure into Chris; he seemed contractually obliged to pick someone.  I don't see this couple making it to the altar. And Becca is the winner of the Least Enthusiastic Runner-up Ever Award. So that's something impressive on her end.

Well, this program ends just in time for me to throw all my energy into watching/snarking on season two of Southern Charm on Bravo. Seriously, if you haven't seen season one, check it out. It's loads of fun.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but if I were Whitney ATFR would mean repeating the words "Good-bye, Chris".  He's not in love with her, from what I could see and actually dull, placid, inarticulate virginal Becca is probably a good match for him. Guess he didn't want to be the first bachelor to "fall in love" with a woman who didn't really care.

I hope Whitney has some boyfriend watching this who realizes what a great catch she is and calls her. She really deserves better than Chris.

• Love 3

Congrats to Chris and Whitney. I see these two crazy kids lasting at least until the end of Bachelor in Paradise.

Kaitlyn has more personality in her nose piercing than Tammy Faye Britt has in her whole body. Plus, I don't want to watch an Ugly Cry Bachelorette for the whole season. If they wanted to do something dramatic, make Becca the Bachelorette and watch the bachelors make an attempt to deflower her.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, but if I were Whitney ATFR would mean repeating the words "Good-bye, Chris".  He's not in love with her, from what I could see and actually dull, placid, inarticulate virginal Becca is probably a good match for him. Guess he didn't want to be the first bachelor to "fall in love" with a woman who didn't really care.

I hope Whitney has some boyfriend watching this who realizes what a great catch she is and calls her. She really deserves better than Chris.

It really did seem like Chris was just begging Becca to say the right words and he would've chosen her.  Whitney just came across as Chris' "safety school".

Which is odd because that seems contrary to everything I saw this season.  Maybe it's because I was spoiled, but it seemed like Chris and Whitney had a very obvious connection that I never saw with Becca.

But, if what we saw tonight was just acting to try to create suspense, then both Chris and Becca are really good actors.  And I don't think Chris, at least, is that good.

• Love 5

I honestly think the editing was the only reason we thought Becca had a chance. Midwesterners are very practical people (which is a fantastic quality). Practically speaking, Whitney has been the girl for some time. I especially felt it when Becca and Chris were talking during the live show. I did not feel any connection at all. It was like seeing a person you sat behind all through high school, but never really talked to. You know each other, are comfortable with each other and yet would be perfectly okay with never seeing them again.

I've been dating the guy who sat behind me in home room for three years now...almost 28 years after we sat next to each other at graduation :)

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 8

I thought Chris looked like he was shaking when he was talking to Becca. To me, he still cares about her. I don't know how Whitney can be engaged to a man who admits he cared about her but had fallen in love with another woman. I think he picked Whitney because his family likes her and he does care about her, but not sure he is in love. No one should give that much power to their family. And Whitney should be careful; these people will still be her in-laws, not her parents. They will put their son's interests first. 

I've liked Britt all along and think it is time for a new idea so I don't mind two Bachelorette's. They can get guys who want someone who is beautiful and sweet or someone who is tomboyish and funny. I don't think this announcement qualities as the most dramatic twist in the Bachelor history however. That was pure false advertising.

• Love 2

Well that was the most unromantic Bachelor season ever. He was in love with Becca and I think he may still be. He couldn't shut up about her to his family and was so desperately trying to draw some emotion and commitment out of her. Glad she didn't give in though! Even when his mom tried to put words in her mouth. So he decided to go for the woman who's everything he asked for, but who he wasn't in love with, and he still isn't 4 months later. Good luck to them! I guess he's gonna have to stick with her until DWTS is over.

I feel so bad for Kaitlyn. It so wasn't 50-50 between her and Britt. Maybe 10% wanted Britt, CH just has a boner for her. Now the guys will pick her because she's pretty and hangs on their every word with fake enthusiasm. She looked like a totally different person tonight. I guess her makeup was done by a professional.

• Love 5
And Whitney should be careful; these people will still be her in-laws, not her parents. They will put their son's interests first.

The comment that Chris' mother made about them living so close together, and alluding to practically have the grandchildren named already, makes me think that life in Arlington could get suffocating really quickly.  

Although, as usually, I'll play the odds and say that this relationship won't last much past DWTS, until proven otherwise.

• Love 4

Well that was boring.

I was spoiled and knew it was Whitney from day 1 and did see the connection during the wedding date but man, they had legit 0 chemistry during the ATFR. Like, it was ALL Whitney going in for the kisses and affection. Chris just sat there robotic and dumb as usual. People call Britt fake but Whitney has watched this show for years and is friends with former contestants. To me tonight she totally played to win and said all the right things. She wanted to get married and have babies, the who doesn't matter. She does look into him but I don't see him being that into her. His family loves her so Chris is stuck with her because she ain't letting go.

Congrats to Becca for being so mature and level headed about the situation. Falling madly in love in such a short amount of time in this situation is crazy and good for her for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

I honestly don't get the Britt hate. Yes she is dramatic and an actress but she does seem like a nice person regardless so all the hate is ridiculous. For a show that has had some fake B'ettes like Andi and Emily who got 0 hate, the Britt hate is crazy. Kaitlyn was pissed. She should be the B'ette on the Canadian version. I actually like that version more than the USA one.

ETA: Also, where was all this hate when Jake Pavelka became The Bachelor? It was obvious he just wanted to be on TV and didn't want to find a wife. Like, why is it that women get the hate but when guys come on the show to hook up people don't act like they are right now? I am actually pretty annoyed at the hypocrisy. 

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 8

The comment that Chris' mother made about them living so close together, and alluding to practically have the grandchildren named already, makes me think that life in Arlington could get suffocating really quickly.  

Although, as usually, I'll play the odds and say that this relationship won't last much past DWTS, until proven otherwise.

Having a suffocating mother in law live right down the street, I think she will love every minute of it at first but then it will become torture.

They've already argued and they've spent a total of a few hours together during the show and a few secret rendez-vous.. wow. Funny how quick he was to admit it and she tried to hide it, she said they never argued at first then Chris said they did... hmm.

The day she will disagree with something the mother in law decides and Chris will obviously not stand up to her he seems like a mama's boy that lacks the communication skills and courage to stand up to anyone let alone his own mother.

Things will deteriorate fast, Whitney seems like the controlling, calculating type.

Edited by Phei
  • Love 1

I'm beginning to think they should have gone with more than two bachelorettes. Perhaps 5 or 6 (I would bring back Carly. Ashley S, Jade and Ashley I to add to the Britt/Kaitlyn mix). Maybe eliminate a bachelorette every week, the one who gets the fewest votes. And to make the eliminations more interesting, those who voted for her would get the ax as well. Wouldn't be any worse than what they do now in the early weeks, which is eliminate people simply because the Bachelor/Bachelorette never had time to talk to them. 

I wouldn't suggest this for a permanent change, but if they really want to have a season where things are shaken up, I say go all out. 

Though come to think of it, I no doubt am forgetting to see what would be some obvious problems with this format. Oh well, a guy can dream.

I honestly don't get the Britt hate. Yes she is dramatic and an actress but she does seem like a nice person regardless so all the hate is ridiculous. For a show that has had some fake B'ettes like Andi and Emily who got 0 hate, the Britt hate is crazy.

To each his own. But while Britt hate is running rampant, she is not unique among Bachelorettes. Every Bachelorette has had her share of haters, warranted or not. And I would argue the two you mentioned as receiving no hate, actually were among the most hated. I would say Deanna was probably the most hated, with Britt likely to wrest the title from her. Then Andi, then Emily, then Trista.

It wounds me to list Emily, and especially Trista, as they are my two favorites (Trista is my #1), but I cannot deny their being the Bachelorette caused an increase in the production of Haterade.

I would say Ashley H was probably the least hated. Although it was mostly because she became sympathetic because the guys on her season were quite vocally disappointed she wasn't Emily.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 4

He was in love with Becca and I think he may still be. He couldn't shut up about her to his family and was so desperately trying to draw some emotion and commitment out of her.

I agree and I see this season more as her breaking up with him (indirectly by not really caring about him that much), not the other way around.  I think if she were all in, he think he would have chosen her in a heartbeat.  Chris Harrison even asked this, and he kind of squirmed and couldn't answer.  He should have said "NO WAY! after spending time with Whitney, I have zero doubts even if Becca flung herself on my doorstep!"   I think she is really beautiful which probably sways his opinion a bit also.   

I don't dislike Britt, I just think she is very young and acts quite juvenile when it comes to relationships (at least what we've seen of her with Chris).  Plus the fact that she's an actress doesn't make me think she takes this show too seriously and there for the "right reasons"!!!!!! 

• Love 1

I actually wanted Becca for Bachelorette. She was very likable this season. She has great eyes.

I don't think Chris fell for anyone. I think his front-runner kept changing throughout the season. I think this would be a tough season for anyone who ended up his fiancee to watch.

That being said did any notice how Whitney was constantly focused on this moment. It may be reading in too much, but I think she's focusing moment-to-moment to avoid thinking about my whole life in this 400-people, middle of nowhere town. 

I don't like either Britt or Kaitlyn much. I don't hate either of them them, but I don't want to see more of them. 

Britt's best asset is her sexy voice. I think she is more appealing as a partner than Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn might win by talking about the fact she takes showers. She also might win if the boys decide to give up on love and form a fraternity (only given this show their fraternity could end up with Oklahoma problems).

I felt like in general there was too much filler tonight. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

Britt AND Kaitlyn?  No.  I even thought I heard some boos in there for Britt.  I saw Jade & Samantha sitting with Ashley S. So, after Chris asked Ashley about being on Bachelors in Paradise again I figured Jade or Sam would be announced as Bachelorette.