Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E12: The Finale / S19.E13: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

I, too, wanted to give that beautiful cow a rose. (And, Jimmy? You do know cows are always female, right?  But I was happy to see Kimmel who is otherwise forgettable to me, but I have grown to love on this show.)

ITA that Chris wants a wife as dull as he is, but also one that is devoted and subservient. Just a vibe I got. He certainly doesn't need "intellectual companionship". The cow would probably do.

re: Kaitlyn and Britt. I actually feel sorry for both, and I'm sure they found out well before the taping, in order to sign the contract. I -did- admire how they made the best of it, acting just like bffs--with Kaitlyn making funny comments and Britt laughing appreciatively. I don't dislike them, but am still kind of on board for the idea upthread about them doing the whole season together. Could be kind of (meanly) funny:

Britt: "Tom, will you accept this rose?"

Kaitlyn: "Tom will you accept my rose, too?"

(Britt complains that Tom took two roses. Kaitlyn complains that Britt got the chance to choose first. Britt offers a one-to-one to the same guy Kaitlyn does, a guy who realizes it's too late to refuse the mud bath date and go sky diving over the Grand Canyon instead.  FS...same 2 guys? as part of F3?  Final Rose...Both women choose same F2 and hope for proposal? (CH hopes that they pair off perfectly at the end--or a "trainwreck of jealousy, even better.")

From the bit on ATFR, Kaitlyn interestingly appeared the same height and to have just as good a figure as Britt, but --esp. when she laughed--be much plainer of face. However, she seemed 10x more animated and fun to watch "host" this thing. (Plus, you know they'd bring back Kimmel for her--and their "date" was better than anything she had with Chris).  

• Love 3

Dear Lord, that took FOREVER.

That end-of-finale shocker was super depressing. The audience reacted with mild bemusement, at best.

They showed one woman doing a full-on Macaully Culkin in Home Alone, but she also looked like she was laughing at the same time. So all I could think about was that article about how they pre-filmed audience reaction shots at TWTA. This woman was TOTALLY doing the same thing I would have done in response to the prompt to look shocked...and then end up looking like a crazy person on TV. Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5

Chris and Whitney's kids are gonna have no upper lip....

Becca was being normal! You out with a guy usually a full year maybe two before you start talking about moving in together and getting married. Who talks about moving in and marriage after 6 weeks? She was the only one who ever made any sense on this show!

Only in Bachelor world would parents be head over heels for a woman that would lay in on that thick after 6 weeks. After meeting someone one time you know they are the one for you son? People are saying Whitney is too good for Chris? I think they both suck. So she has a career? She isn't all that attractive imo. Her voice is annoying and she is phony. I know her type. Phony people like that are the first ones to get pissed off and snap. Also he can't even have a conversation. Why would they all be in love with him? And what's wrong with Becca not being in love yet? It took me a year to really fall in love my husband when were dating. Everything before that is just lust and infatuation. That's what most of the Bachelor is also as well as people just wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

Had Mr. Drawers proposed on our first date I'd have accepted.  As it was he proposed 5 months in and we've been ecstatically married 14 years now.  It can happen.  I admit it doesn't happen often.

• Love 7

I don't think Chris was in love with Becca, he just liked her better/was more intrigued by her than Whitney, and if he wasn't such a Fleiss lackey he might have chosen Becca without a proposal and love declaration, but with a casual understanding to date long-distance and see what happens. I also don't get the feeling that he wants to settle down and have babies ASAP, that's just what every lead has to pretend to want. 

This season reminded me of the first Burning Love season where several women turn down Mark Orlando's proposal before one finally accepts. Britt turned out to be more high-maintenance than Chris could handle, Jade sprung the "wild mustanginess" on him out of nowhere, Becca wouldn't toe the "must be in love" party line - oh well, there's good old Whitney. 

• Love 4

Between Chris' giggle and Whitney's nasal voice, I feel sorry for those hypothetical babies!

Having seen his Mother and her big noggin, I can safely surmise that large heads are genetic in the Soules family. Whitney will need to have C sections , because having Soules progeny will be like delivering bull dog pups. Nope, no natural childbirth for her.

Finally, Most boring, shitastic season ever. The budget must have been blown on maintaining Britts extensions and Chris's antiperspirant which didn't even work , and that unfunny Kimmel idiot. Please, Don't bring that loser back.

• Love 4

I still don't see what Chris H was trying to sell about Becca being the one Chris really wanted. I think Chris knew Becca was a safe bet to take to f2 because she really didn't care about him.  He may have wanted Becca to feel something for him just because she was sort of the girl who plays hard to get. Except to Becca it wasn't a game, she was serious. She wasn't into him.  If Becca was the one Chris really wanted I think he would have struggled with the decision to let go Kaitlynn or Whitney not Kaitlynn or Becca in Bali. Whitney was a sure thing for Chris. She was saying all the right things, on paper she has all the qualities he thinks he wants (or is being told he should want by his family) but I don't see a spark between them anymore. Don't see much interest from Chris.

I think Chris was sold on Whitney fairly early. I think he ditched Kaitlyn in Bali because he knew bringing Becca to the F2 wouldn't hurt Becca as much as it would Kaitlyn. Whitney's confidence seemed to soar after the fantasy suite, so I wouldn't be surprised if Chris said something to her off-camera about her being the one. Everything else was play-acting and Chris is terrible at it.

• Love 2

The final scene with Becca and Chris was like when two people break up that already mutually know the relationship is over between them.  When he started his speech she was looking at him like "I know", I really expected her to nod in agreement.  On ATFR they were so not into each other.  I think the Bachelor has to play it like he is conflicted right up to the end for drama and suspense.  I mean he can't say when it is down to the F3 "One of these girls is really standing out to me".  It is not allowed.

• Love 2

The final scene with Becca and Chris was like when two people break up that already mutually know the relationship is over between them.  When he started his speech she was looking at him like "I know", I really expected her to nod in agreement.  On ATFR they were so not into each other.  I think the Bachelor has to play it like he is conflicted right up to the end for drama and suspense.  I mean he can't say when it is down to the F3 "One of these girls is really standing out to me".  It is not allowed.

I would agree, except that when it was all over and they could finally be together, they didn't even act like a couple, much less like a couple in love.

• Love 1

Honestly seeing Chris and Whitney's interactions post show make me go hm. There is 0 spark, passion or anything on Chris' end. I always knew it would be Whitney early on but seeing Chris so...going through the motions and Whitney working extra trying to sell them reminds me of Jillian working overtime to sell Ed's "love" and non cheating ways. So yeah, idk.

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 2

I think I'm on the Chris was in love with Becca and settled for Whitney bandwagon from what I saw on TV. (Also, there was some tidbit on RS a while ago about someone seeing them together in Iowa during filiming, but without cameras. They went to a producer's birthday party together after the filming portion of their date and apparently we're kissing in the parking a lot and stuff... so I assume there was at least something there). Anyhow, that's not to say it can't work with Whitney. People can learn to love each other especially if they want the same things and it's practical.

Whatevs though, I'll forget all of these people soon enough when my April teevee (Hello, GOT and Mad Men!) starts.

Edited by Treebeard

I keep comparing these two to the couples on Married at First Sight (new season starts next week). They'd probably get matched up for wanting the same things and having compatibility, but the spark wouldn't be there and the "experts" would wonder why their matchmaking didn't work out.

• Love 2

Does anyone really see these as true engagements?  It is more like you pick the person to try to see if you CAN have a relationship with once the cameras are gone and reality sets in.  No matter how much spark is there or not there, they do not know each other from a couple of mostly fake dates where they are guarded about everything they say and do.  It's not surprising that most of these relationships don't last longer than the obligatory time together when they are still making appearances.

• Love 6

Ashley and JP once said that they considered the ring at the end to mean, "We agree to start dating," because nothing during the show is "normal" dating. Even in the real world, for many people, an engagement is a trial period, not a firm commitment to marry. I'm not upset over the idea of people getting engaged after only a few months of dating. Until they send out the invitations, they're not hurting anyone if they change their minds.

• Love 9

Whitney looked like this type of a salesperson who tells you "Omg you look SO great in this dress, the color matches your eyes, it's like it's made for you, you look so beautuful in it!" but when you look yourself in the mirror you are like "well no, this dress makes me look fat and the color is terrible" but the salesperson is so enthusiastic so you do buy it and you just keep it in your closet. Chris was not in love with Whitney (at least at the episode I watched, I don't know what happened in their real life), he was just following her enthusiasm and her confidence that this was their fate, to be together. His brother in law was exactly in the point: Becca was the only one that Chris would have to chase, while Whitney had opened all her cards and had made plans for the next twenty years. How appealing can this be for a man, even when this man wants to get married and have kids? In my opinion Chris followed his family's decision, combined with Becca's uncertainty. If Becca were to give him one little confirmation, Whitney would be in a bus going back crying for her loss of the love of her life (?). But as Jimmy said, Becca was not into Chris, and I am sorry to say that either she is gay or she is just cold in some way. I'm not saying Chris was the perfect man, but Becca showed no signs of ever falling in love, although her uncertainty made her appealing to Chris. I wish all bachelorettes have this in mind and they don't become that clingy to the bachelor cause a man will always be a hunter.

Regarding the two bachelorettes scenario, I'm disappointed. I like to watch Britt cause damn she's beautiful but she is not marriage material. And I consider Kaitlyn the most unattractive person I've even seen. She is cross-eyed, she has giant teeth, I don't find her funny or interesting. I'm sure all men will choose Britt so they can hook up with her, but this season is doomed to fail because no sane man will choose to marry her, no matter how good of an actress she is. All in all, a very dissatisfying season without it even having started yet. I would wish they would have found a brand new bachelorette and it would be more interesting. I"ll only watch it if I'm really bored but I don't see anything interesting happening.

There is no way Whitney will actually stay in the middle of nowhere more than 3 months...

• Love 2

I don't mean to be mean but I hope Whitney gets a makeover before she moves to Iowa.  Platinum hair / Pepto Bismol lipstick color just doesn't work on her (if she had brown hair and was very tan, maybe).  I know women love to be blonde but darker hair brings out your features.

And I am on the Chris is "acting" in love bandwagon...which is sad for them both.

• Love 2

She also said that she feels like she knows what he's thinking and that she can finish his sentences. Um... no. If you knew that then you'd know he was thinking about Becca most of the time.

I thought that she probably just instinctively finishes his sentences because eternity is too long to wait for him to cope with finishing a thought.

• Love 16

My view of the interaction of Chris & Whitney is that they are possibly more reserved in PDA.  Post FRC, Andi & Josh were wrapped around each other 24/7 and they flamed out within a few months.  Not grinding on each other in front of the media doesn't mean their feelings aren't real.  And they HAVE had several "conjugal" visits in the intervening months.  I don't see public physical demonstrations as any indicator of whether or not they last as a couple.  

• Love 6

I think Chris liked a lot of girls during his journey. He liked Whitney a lot as she had many outgoing, personable qualities that he admired so he slotted her in his Definitely Yes Category.  Also in the Definitely Yes Category at some point in the process were Jade and Britt, but each fell out, and as they fell out he realized that this Becca woman who was hanging around should also belatedly be slotted into his Definitely Yes Category too.  However, he put her in the slot too late in the process and she didn't have the same amount of time as the other candidates to develop her feelings for him, and time ran out (insert sound of buzzer ringing as timer goes off).

Kaitlin was just a party girl that was fun to hang around with, plus she told him during the Jimmy Kimmel date that she thought a test-drive in the fantasy suite was something she thought you needed to do, so he was definitely keeping her around for the sex but she was never going to be the one.

So at the end Chris only had one person left in his Definitely Yes Category who had been there long enough to be a sure thing, and that was Whitney. But now he's probably realizing that Becca got lost in the crowd, and if he had picked her for one on ones earlier in the process she might have been feeling it more than she did by the end. So that's why he's blah on Whitney now. 

I don't see them getting married. I do see him texting Becca as much as he can.

• Love 7

I think Chris is very nervous and awkward on camera - both on the show and in AFTR. The only time he seemed remotely at ease was when he was on his farm, both with Jade and Whitney. The rest of the time he was so wooden, which is why he is the blah-est Bachelor ever. Maybe that's why the girls all talked about how wonderful he was (or they were just really drunk all the time) yet he came across so dull. I cannot for the life of me figure out why he is going on DWTS (other than the payday).

• Love 2

I think Chris liked a lot of girls during his journey. He liked Whitney a lot as she had many outgoing, personable qualities that he admired so he slotted her in his Definitely Yes Category.  Also in the Definitely Yes Category at some point in the process were Jade and Britt, but each fell out, and as they fell out he realized that this Becca woman who was hanging around should also belatedly be slotted into his Definitely Yes Category too.  However, he put her in the slot too late in the process and she didn't have the same amount of time as the other candidates to develop her feelings for him, and time ran out (insert sound of buzzer ringing as timer goes off).

Kaitlin was just a party girl that was fun to hang around with, plus she told him during the Jimmy Kimmel date that she thought a test-drive in the fantasy suite was something she thought you needed to do, so he was definitely keeping her around for the sex but she was never going to be the one.

So at the end Chris only had one person left in his Definitely Yes Category who had been there long enough to be a sure thing, and that was Whitney. But now he's probably realizing that Becca got lost in the crowd, and if he had picked her for one on ones earlier in the process she might have been feeling it more than she did by the end. So that's why he's blah on Whitney now. 

I don't see them getting married. I do see him texting Becca as much as he can.

I wish I could get access to those texts when I'm having trouble falling asleep.

• Love 7

I got the feeling that Chris had created in his mind what type of woman he wanted to end up with.

He was so enamored with Jade when he thought she was a shy, classy girl. I think she was definitly the front runner until he found out his demure girl had a bunch of nudie pics on the Internet.

Then I think he wanted it work with Becca because she next fit the outfit. Think Johnny Bravo. It's only about who fits the suit.

I just remembered that one web site pointed out that on his application he had named Jennifer Aniston as his ideal or something, and they suggested we look at whether Becca or Whitney was a closer match and pointed out that it was in the eyes.  

Anniston's image is cultivated as the warm gal next door, with an interior of steel.  Both women have the last quality.

Edited by pitchy

I was thinking about one person's post here that was really funny, about Neil Lane being PO'd that he comped a ring for a trip to Bali, not Dubuque. Even he was cranking about being in Darkest Iowa. So I checked flights and it's not as bad as what I thought. While my Dubuque friends drive to Moline, Ill., to fly out of Quad Cities airport, there are regular flights from LAX to Chicago, then a puddle jumper to Dubuque. Although maybe flying a five-seater prop plane from O'Hare to Dubuque helped sour Mr. Lane on the trip. Well, that and landing in -20 degree weather. 

ETA: A late-night entertainment show reported Becca was being considered for B-ette but rejected because, to quote Harrison, "She is not ready for love." I interpreted that as "She has even less personality than Soules and we're not suffering through another excruciatingly MOST.BORING.SEASON.EVAH! again."

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

I don't mean to be mean but I hope Whitney gets a makeover before she moves to Iowa.  Platinum hair / Pepto Bismol lipstick color just doesn't work on her (if she had brown hair and was very tan, maybe).  I know women love to be blonde but darker hair brings out your features.

So agree about Whitney's hair. Platinum blonde isn't easy to pull off without looking trashy and her hair just looks so dull and lifeless. It doesn't help that she keeps flinging it around. A darker colour would suit her so much better and would make her pretty eyes pop out more.

She also needs to stop wearing dresses with high rounded necklines. So not a flattering look for her. I'm starting to think she's hiding a tattoo on her chest or something.

My view of the interaction of Chris & Whitney is that they are possibly more reserved in PDA.  Post FRC, Andi & Josh were wrapped around each other 24/7 and they flamed out within a few months.  Not grinding on each other in front of the media doesn't mean their feelings aren't real.  And they HAVE had several "conjugal" visits in the intervening months.  I don't see public physical demonstrations as any indicator of whether or not they last as a couple.  

I'm not a fan of PDA either and found Andi and Josh embarrassing. However, Chris himself said he's a touchy-feely person and physical affection is very important to him, when asked by Kaitlyn (I think). It certainly seemed that way during the season and he was holding hands with some of the dumpees during WTA as well, though I guess he had no choice with Britt. He also hugged Becca for so long on Monday night that even CH noted how awkward it was. So the fact that he doesn't even look at Whitney during interviews, let alone hold her hand, is a bit strange. He did for a bit after she came on stage during ATFR, but the longer they sat there and the more CH brought up him being conflicted, the further he seemed to drift off both physically and mentally. He also seems to have no trouble speaking fondly of Becca, but whenever he's asked what he loves about Whitney he starts fumbling for his lines.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 4

I don't think Becca not being into Chris meant she was cold or gay,  I think it means she's just not desperate.    Boring, god yes, but even she would be too much of a social butterfly for Chris and his sitting home alone with three fingers of whiskey lifestyle.   Ladies and gents, if the person you are dating always has a rocks glass of hard likker in front of him/her, it's a sign to move on.    Unless of course you need a drinking buddy.     

• Love 11

And I am on the Chris is "acting" in love bandwagon...which is sad for them both.

She looks like a less horsey Tori Spelling and that's not really a good thing in my book. It's going to be difficult to keep up that look when she's nowhere near a decent salon. How awful is it to be with someone who isn't into you but doesn't have the sack to say it? I really wasn't that into Whitney either, but damn, everyone deserves an enthusastic partner, especially in the beginning of a relationship. Chris might have well have said during the proposal, "Well, looks like you're the only one who's okay with moving here, so I guess we have to do this."

I really didn't think moving to Iowa was that big a deal because obviously Chris has money and I'm sure there are lots of trips to warm places in the winter when there isn't that much to do on the farm. No way was Becca ever moving there.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 1

I don't think Becca not being into Chris meant she was cold or gay,  I think it means she's just not desperate.

I actually wondered if perhaps she falls somewhere on the asexual scale. It could explain why she's never fallen in love and doesn't seem too worried about when she'll get married/have sex.

On a completely shallow note, I loved that pink top (or was it a dress?) that Becca was wearing. So pretty. Want.

• Love 1

I agree that I don't find it odd that Becca hasn't met the right guy for her yet. She isn't very outgoing, but still may have decided likes and dislikes and the fussier you are the more difficult it can be.

Not falling in love with Chris with a few dates and kisses and one overnight stay doesn't seem strange either. It seems stranger to me that anyone ever "falls in love" for real on this show (and they obviously sometimes really do) rather than just experiencing "Bachelor TV Syndrome" that ends as soon as you are "free". I thought Becca was completely uninteresting, but I wouldn't be surprised if her combination of "pretty + virgin + boring" translated for Chris into his fantasy girlfriend and wife.

Didn't someone say, "The wanting is more important than the having"?  I feel sorry for Whitney because the way he seemed to me ATFR and in subsequent interviews makes me think he may be that kind of guy. I'll be shocked if they're still "together" a month after his time on DWTS ends.   

• Love 2

I'll be doggoned if I didn't get motion sickness from watching Britt whip her hair around both at TWTA and ATFR! 

New poster.  Lurked for years at TWoP.  It'll take me a bit to learn how to make quotations.

In the meantime, I want to say right off the bat that I've experienced an instant connection with MsPH vis a vis Chris and Becca.  My eyes lit up when I saw someone else see exactly what I was seeing.  Becca  just needs a realistic amount of time.  He was totally himself with her.  He won't forget her.

Kaitlyn got the shaft.  Fleiss spit into the eyes of women everywhere.  Backlash anyone? 

I'll be back.  :-)

• Love 4

Fake Britt quote:

Becca just needs a realistic amount of time. He was totally himself with her. He won't forget her.

Yep, I thought it was kind of cool that Chris mentioned how funny Becca was over and over. According to the self-help books like "The Rules," men don't like funny women, but Chris really responded to it. If the show hadn't already designated Kaitlyn as "the funny one," and Becca as "the virgin," I think we would have had a chance to see more of Becca's humor. She had Chris's family practically rolling on the floor and the little bits I heard were funnier to me than Kaitlyn's jokes which were usually a little too crass for my taste.
  • Love 4

I'll be doggoned if I didn't get motion sickness from watching Britt whip her hair around both at TWTA and ATFR! 

New poster.  Lurked for years at TWoP.  It'll take me a bit to learn how to make quotations.

In the meantime, I want to say right off the bat that I've experienced an instant connection with MsPH vis a vis Chris and Becca.  My eyes lit up when I saw someone else see exactly what I was seeing.  Becca  just needs a realistic amount of time.  He was totally himself with her.  He won't forget her.

Kaitlyn got the shaft.  Fleiss spit into the eyes of women everywhere.  Backlash anyone? 

I'll be back.  :-)

I was about to quote your post for the mention of Britt's annoying hair whipping before I even read the rest. We must be kindred spirits! ;) BTW, I suggest you avoid seeing the new Bachelorettes on Jimmy Kimmel. The hair was flying all over the place. I so cannot take a whole season of that. TPTB should force her to tie her hair back.

Anyway, I agree about Chris with Becca. He was so comfortable and present with her. No thinking of fairies and unicorns. And like JudyObscure said, he really appreciated her sense of humour. I think that's probably one of the things he most misses about her. I too am sad that most of Becca's humour ended up on the cutting room floor. I can only imagine it is because it didn't consist of snarking on other contestants. But I read her SM sometimes, and she just cracks me up. My kind of girl.

• Love 2

Fake Britt quote:Yep, I thought it was kind of cool that Chris mentioned how funny Becca was over and over. According to the self-help books like "The Rules," men don't like funny women, but Chris really responded to it. If the show hadn't already designated Kaitlyn as "the funny one," and Becca as "the virgin," I think we would have had a chance to see more of Becca's humor. She had Chris's family practically rolling on the floor and the little bits I heard were funnier to me than Kaitlyn's jokes which were usually a little too crass for my taste.

There's a way to tell a dirty joke and not look like you wrote it from personal experience. 

A girl I knew in college had that sort of thing down pat.  She was a sweet girl, and smart.  She was always on at least the Dean's list.  She came along when her other siblings were already in high school or college, and as a result was more sheltered and coddled than the rest of us.  She was one of those people who seems to really like everyone and most people felt the same way about her.  Her looks were in the 'cute' department and she was always well groomed and well dressed, if a little more modestly than usual. 

She could have easily slid into an untouchable 'Madonna' situation, but for her sense of humor.  We never knew when she would pop off a hilarious line that was completely in touch with the situation at hand, and once in a very great while she'd tell a dirty joke.  They were never very crude or detailed, and always funny, but the best part was how she'd start the joke off normally and as she got closer to the punch line she'd get more red-faced, her voice would get softer and higher pitched until she'd blurt out the punch line with a comical look that conveyed how scandalized she was at saying such a thing, combined with pride that she'd broken out of her upbringing, and delight that everyone laughed at her joke.

She had the guys flocking around her like crazy, and she didn't even seem to realize it.  Chris S. would have melted on the spot if he'd met someone like her.

• Love 2
According to the self-help books like "The Rules," men don't like funny women

Just an aside…that's BS, and consider the source (didn't both authors wind up divorced?). Although I will say that if it's humor at the expense of other people then yeah, it's a turn-off. Otherwise, guys like it when a woman can enjoy a goofy guy movie like Dodge Ball or Old School (basically, anything with Vince Vaughn or Will Ferrell in it) instead of saying "you're watching this crap?"

Back to topic - I wouldn't give up on Kaitlyn yet as the Bachelorette.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 2

Finally watched the shows.  Becca you dodged a bullet. Whitney and Chris are not getting married, there is no there-there. Next season, when the media does the "where are they now?" stuff, Whitney will be back in Chicago dating some guy and Chris will be back on the farm after losing on Dancing with The Stars.  

The whole Kaitlin/Britt thing is just so stupid.  

Shallow observations, Britt ditched the fake eyelashes and heavy eyeliner, it made her eyes look small and he make up was too neutral.  Kaitlin's dress rocked, I love her, and her no poker face during Chris H's intro about the Bachelorette was awesome. 

It is so hard to know what is real and what is manipulated by the producers. How have these woman been coached before going out there?  

Of course I will be watching, The Bachelorette must be filming soon if not already since it starts airing in May.  Off to find spoilers. 

• Love 1

For those who felt Chris was uncomfortable with the women (especially Whitney, even though she used his Dick Coaster and he armpit-grabbed her) while he only looked happy when he was driving the combine: One has to understand Midwestern farmers. Lord knows, I know enough of them. And have dated plenty. And have worked with plenty. For the most part, they are "Aw, shucks," kind of guys, hands in pockets, toes kicking dirt chunks, looking down or away a lot when talking with a woman. All are polite on dates, however, and a woman can feel safe when out with one. But the fact is, dating (and reality dating shows) are SO far from a farm guy's comfort zone it's not even funny. Yeah, Chris signed up for TB-ette and TB and went to college and everything, but his soul (Soule!) is still Midwestern farm boy.

He was happy driving the combine because that's his comfort place. It's like when you go on vacation and stay in a bunch of different hotels. It's nice but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed once you come home.

If anyone else here has dated a bunch of different farmers, raise your hand and chip in the convo.

• Love 3
Just an aside…that's BS, and consider the source (didn't both authors wind up divorced?). Although I will say that if it's humor at the expense of other people then yeah, it's a turn-off. Otherwise, guys like it when a woman can enjoy a goofy guy movie like Dodge Ball or Old School (basically, anything with Vince Vaughn or Will Ferrell in it) instead of saying "you're watching this crap?"

Back to topic - I wouldn't give up on Kaitlyn yet as the Bachelorette.

Word to your whole post, archer1267. I think a good rule of thumb (yes I'm aware of the origins of that phrase) for women is to read The Rules and then do the exact opposite of all the advice found therein. 

And I agree about Kaitlyn, but maybe because as a (mostly) straight woman I vastly prefer her and find her much more compelling, interesting and attractive. 

• Love 2

As a (definitely) straight woman, I could care less who the b-ette is. I just want to see me some hottie guys, and no mirror lovers, either. Just nice and good-looking fellas.

I know: Good luck on that. More likely we'll get 25 gym rats all with an IMDB page.

I find it VERY odd we got nothing of so many dates toward the end. So Becca went bowling? Who knew? Instead we got the painful "I don't know" strangled attempt at a give-and-take conversation. I guess that's what TPTB find compelling and "good teevee."

Question: Did the final two give Chris gifts? Chris left Whitney's hotel room carrying a rather large square thing wrapped in royal blue paper. He left Becca's room carrying something like a vase wrapped in maroon and gold. I only caught a glimpse of both as he walked out the door.

Does anyone know what those were?

• Love 1

Posting a tad late about this episode.

chocolatine, on 10 Mar 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

I don't think Chris was in love with Becca, he just liked her better/was more intrigued by her than Whitney, and if he wasn't such a Fleiss lackey he might have chosen Becca without a proposal and love declaration, but with a casual understanding to date long-distance and see what happens. I also don't get the feeling that he wants to settle down and have babies ASAP, that's just what every lead has to pretend to want.

I've always thought of him as a Fleiss lackey as well. He seems to care way too much about how others perceive him. He's simple and tends to show herd mentality. Surprised such a guarded person pulled off being part of the cast not once but twice!  Wasn't excited about him being announced as Bachelor AT ALL but I have to say this season I noticed a side to him that was quite redeeming. He seems very aware and I respect that. It's funny because in the beginning I would repeat, "dull" numerous times while watching him. Now that I see through what I originally pinned him as, I feel comfortable to express my gathered thoughts.

That stated, I was touched by the way he spoke about Becca with his sisters and when he had his last chat with her before the final rose ceremony. I could read all the signs that he was enamored with the woman. It was telling to me when he went on about her, sort of fumbled with terms - because when you're in love with someone, the feelings you experience really cannot always be put into words.  How he was so emotive with Becca during their last moments together - just very sweet. Also saddening because he caught on that she did not feel that into him. Although, I am glad he was able to catch on to that.

Watching him with Whitney was sort of depressing in a weird way. He sat back at let her yap yap yap. So exhausting. With all her AYAND's (the way she pronounces 'and'). STOP. Uh oh I feel extremely shallow mode coming on...No one ever mentioned her odd walk. Her arms are stiff and puff out. She has zero sex appeal imo. Add me to the list of people that feel she's on interview mode constantly. Luckily he has his farm work to keep busy with because if he is the introvert that he appears to be then he will surely need that retreat. That is if they end up living together.  I just don't see IT with those two. An emptiness will develop if he remains with her.

• Love 4

Oh I've totally noticed the odd walk. It's like she's holding hands with two invisible kids. Short steps, arms out. There's this strong motherly vibe about her. It's weird, because she has a great body, but there is just nothing sensual about how she moves or speaks. Though I'm a heterosexual woman, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

I find it VERY odd we got nothing of so many dates toward the end. So Becca went bowling? Who knew? Instead we got the painful "I don't know" strangled attempt at a give-and-take conversation. I guess that's what TPTB find compelling and "good teevee."

Question: Did the final two give Chris gifts? Chris left Whitney's hotel room carrying a rather large square thing wrapped in royal blue paper. He left Becca's room carrying something like a vase wrapped in maroon and gold. I only caught a glimpse of both as he walked out the door.

Does anyone know what those were?

Not only did Becca have a full date, her date was also after Whitney's in reality. So the edit was trying to mislead us to think that Becca screwed up her chances and then Chris had this awesome day with Whitney that gave him all the clarity he needed. No. Even after the date with Whitney, he was begging Becca to give him anything that would justify picking her in the end. Kind of sad.

I also want to know what those gifts were. They give them every season and usually we get to see.

• Love 3

I also want to know what those gifts were. They give them every season and usually we get to see.

So many times they are scrapbooks the b-ettes make (although the bachelors make them too!) to document their amazing journey. Or in this case, it would be their crazy journey. With Chris. It's almost a tradition, someone has to make a booklet, either with production pictures or drawings, and write some poems. At least we were spared the poems this season. Count your blessings!

As for walks, rewind and take a look at Chris walking down his country lane, alone. I was cracking up, and was imagining I was his wife watching him walk to the house after chores. And wishing I was married to someone else just because of it.

But then again, who really DOES have a good walk? Even the Top Model kids can't get it right.

Oh I've totally noticed the odd walk. It's like she's holding hands with two invisible kids. Short steps, arms out. There's this strong motherly vibe about her. It's weird, because she has a great body, but there is just nothing sensual about how she moves or speaks. Though I'm a heterosexual woman, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Yeah, she just has zero sex appeal. Even in a sexy, beachy place like Bali she looked more like a first lady on vacation than a hot young thing. That's utterly her right, of course, and a woman can look and dress however she wants. It's just interesting to me that she has no sensual vibe at all on a show that's supposed to be all about romance.

How do you know that?

Reality Steve posted some pics and a short video of them walking hand in hand in Strawberry Point (near Arlington) the day before the final rose ceremony. And I've read some post show interviews with Becca where she said she was prepared to be dumped in the FRC because of the talk they had the night before.

I was spoiled on Whitney being the winner and the only time I really saw where I thought she'd won it was that wedding crash date. He was just totally taken with her and lit up every time she was around. however after that when they had the sing off with Big and Rich, I was shocked that Chris took Britt to the concert because I thought it was sort of a slap in the face to Whitney. I know he couldn't make it totally obvious he was into Whitney but maybe it wasn't obvious because he wasn't totally into Whitney... She was just the one who was over the top enthusiastic about being with Chris. Kaitlynn I believe he kept around for fantasy suite sex, she would have never fit in with his family or farm life. She just comes off as trashy (and I actually like her) with her jail house quality tattoos and her raunchy jokes and if Chris thought his fellow Arlington residents would be scandalized by Jade's past, they probably would not have approved of Kailtynn either.  I'm glad Whitney decided not the watch the show, she would probably be very hurt because she is so into Chris and he's just sort of meh on her.

• Love 1

I, too, am glad Whitney didn't watch the season. "Because I lived it" is the best reason not to. Plus then she was not subjected to the editing monkeys playing tricks with everything: VOs added in later, scenes edited out-of-order, everything to make us think one thing when quite another thing is happening in real life. 

I want to give a shout out to the poster who said Whitney was being driven to The Final Rose to the music from Field of Dreams. First, kudos for hearing background music at all because I never do, and second, extra kudos for recognizing FOD music. Well done!

Edited by saber5055