Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'd be surprised if TLC is paying 25K per episode to the Duggars. 90 Day Fiance couples get 1000-1500 per episode and 2500 for showing up for the tell all. The Duggars would be making more in an episode than a couple over an entire season of 90DF. The 90DF franchise is TLC's cash cow at the moment. Maybe at the peak of 19 Kids and Counting they were pulling in that amount but TLC seems to be cheap.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is it possible that the properties that are owned by the kids are not actually ''owned'' by them besides the house they live in?  Like their names are on a piece of paper, but they don't manage or get any benefits from it?   

Is it also possible that Duggars boys (and possibly Ben) get a salary from working for one JB's businesses? 

I could definitely see them owning it in name only and having an understanding with Daddy, but there's no way to tell from the property records. It doesn't seem like they do anything with the land--from what I can tell--once they get it.

And the salary from the businesses is a good bet too. 

• Love 2

I have read somewhere in the last few months that while everyone thinks the Duggars main source of wealth is the tv show, it is actually in real estate. Possibly I read it on an AMA on Reddit (not the recent one).

So, do we think any of the unmarrieds have a bank account? When Jana goes to Magnolia Land, does she take cash or Pops’ debit card? When Jason flips a house, do the proceeds get wired to JB’s account? Let’s discuss 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I could definitely see them owning it in name only and having an understanding with Daddy, but there's no way to tell from the property records. It doesn't seem like they do anything with the land--from what I can tell--once they get it.

And the salary from the businesses is a good bet too. 

Since they all seem to believe they "volunteer" for the show and some claim they never knew the family got money. they might also just sign things JB puts in front of them and have no idea what they are signing.

JD surely knows he has the silly mediccorps LLC,

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Since they all seem to believe they "volunteer" for the show and some claim they never knew the family got money. they might also just sign things JB puts in front of them and have no idea what they are signing.

JD surely knows he has the silly mediccorps LLC,

Yeah I could see that too. 

Incidentally, what makes the JD thing even more ridiculous is he has 2 similarly named medic LLCs. 🙄

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1

good ole sweet friend Travis Story and/or whoever is the Duggar CPA is in for some work.

Each of those LLCs has to file a yearly report.

JB has had at least one LLC revoked for not filing the yearly paperwork

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

good ole sweet friend Travis Story and/or whoever is the Duggar CPA is in for some work.

Each of those LLCs has to file a yearly report.

JB has had at least one LLC revoked for not filing the yearly paperwork

Oh that's funny--I'd seen a revoked one but wasn't sure why. That makes sense. With all these LLCs popping up in this past year, it wouldn't surprise me if they lose track of some of them and get dinged again. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's amazing to me that in this day and age of instant info at our fingertips for just about anything under the sun,  the Duggar TeeVeeShow salary is such a well-guarded secret.

We should look into one of the LLC's that is connected to Jboob's "ministry". We can probably figure out their income. Or a non-profit, if they have one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think the kids make nearly that amount. Boob is definitely skimming off the top. He may take as much as half as a "brokerage fee." After all, there would be no show without him and his brood mare. 🙄

5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'd be surprised if TLC is paying 25K per episode to the Duggars. 90 Day Fiance couples get 1000-1500 per episode and 2500 for showing up for the tell all. The Duggars would be making more in an episode than a couple over an entire season of 90DF. The 90DF franchise is TLC's cash cow at the moment. Maybe at the peak of 19 Kids and Counting they were pulling in that amount but TLC seems to be cheap.

Which makes their lifestyles/income even more curious. 

How much rent is JB taking in from some of his properties? He's not really making money by selling at this time and you have to spend money when holding onto properties.

Even if Joe and the twins and possibly Josh are making an income from the car lot, how are JD, Josiah, Ben and Jeremy making money? 

The only thing left is being property managers for JB and working for the show. 

If we look at Ben and Jessa, their income appears to come from the show and maybe Ben working for the Duggars doing maintenance and teaching. And then Jeremy and Jinger, their income could possibly from the profit they made when they sold their house and the show.

And then JD and Abbie - where does their income come from?

Even taking into account the lower cost of living in Arkansas and considering the high cost of living in LA, either TLC or JB, or both appear to be somewhat generous with their pay.

And who is paying Josiah for being a full-time caregiver to Lauren and Bella?

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh that's funny--I'd seen a revoked one but wasn't sure why. That makes sense. With all these LLCs popping up in this past year, it wouldn't surprise me if they lose track of some of them and get dinged again. 

JB has had 2 revoked for not filing tax paperwork. One called "Shop n Go" or something like that, only sent in the paperwork once in a bunch of years. JB dissolved the LLC so that one doesn't show up in searches now. The other one that shows revoked was formed in 2015 and no tax info was ever sent in for 2 years.

but the tax rules with LLCs are different since the Tax Reform. there is a big tax deduction for these "pass through entities" for real estate. (aka the "Corker loophole") To get the tax break a yearly report is part of the requirements.

So the stakes are higher for JB with all these LLCs formed in 2019 - each can get a significant tax break if the paperwork is right.

That is the reason for the splitting up the properties. I too, am confused by the randomness of which JBoy is getting what.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Which makes their lifestyles/income even more curious. 

How much rent is JB taking in from some of his properties? He's not really making money by selling at this time and you have to spend money when holding onto properties.

Even if Joe and the twins and possibly Josh are making an income from the car lot, how are JD, Josiah, Ben and Jeremy making money? 

The only thing left is being property managers for JB and working for the show. 

If we look at Ben and Jessa, their income appears to come from the show and maybe Ben working for the Duggars doing maintenance and teaching. And then Jeremy and Jinger, their income could possibly from the profit they made when they sold their house and the show.

And then JD and Abbie - where does their income come from?

Even taking into account the lower cost of living in Arkansas and considering the high cost of living in LA, either TLC or JB, or both appear to be somewhat generous with their pay.

And who is paying Josiah for being a full-time caregiver to Lauren and Bella?

Josiah works for the (?) a (?) car lot at least part of the time, too. He was named in a customer review as the person who sold the car but whom they could never get hold of after they started having trouble with it a few days later. 😏   

....So he's not only a car lot employee, he's a car lot employee trained by Boob. 😁

Actually, I think that story suggests that Josiah's manned the car lot solo some of the time and also that sometimes there's simply nobody there, doesn't it?

Because if you say you couldn't get hold of one car salesman, that seems to imply that you couldn't get hold of the lot at all, I would think. Since it's not an expansive layout. And I would assume they have a phone or an email or some way to officially contact the business, and not just the guys' personal cell numbers?

....Although I probably make an ass out of you and me right there. Jim Bob's training also probably includes the advice to never let potentially dissatisfied customers get in touch with them...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's amazing to me that in this day and age of instant info at our fingertips for just about anything under the sun,  the Duggar TeeVeeShow salary is such a well-guarded secret.

I think that is TLC and their lawyers crafting contracts with ironclad NDAs.  As long as it is in the best interest of the network, no one will know the salaries of each show.  Bravo does the same thing with all the housewives shows. You don't want the "talent" of one show knowing that the "talent" of another show makes more per episode than they do.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

The 25K-40K comes from a "TLC insider" who says the TLC families get paid 10% of the show's budget per episode. They gave an estimate of 250K-400K to produce an episode. The salaries of all the other TLC families are said to be that too. 

I don't think we will know for sure until one of the kidlets attempts to sue for having their entire life filmed. Just thinking about what other TLC shows pay, it gives me pause that the contract is that high. I think their "wealth" comes from other sources. I have a feeling JB and Meech purposely kept their kids food insecure and dressed in hand-me-downs for their own financial security as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

We should look into one of the LLC's that is connected to Jboob's "ministry". We can probably figure out their income. Or a non-profit, if they have one.

Yes, the only LLCs with accessible financial information would be those who have been registered with the IRS as  tax-exempt entities and required to file an annual public disclosure report.  If any of the Duggars' LLCs are tax-exempt (generally it's 501(c)(3 for religious organizations), those reports should be available.  TBH I'd be surprised if JB has followed through with setting up a tax-exempt organization.  He can yak all he wants about "ministry" but I don't think he'd like the constraints - as loose as they are - imposed by getting and maintaining tax-exempt status with the IRS. I could be wrong, of course. That happens. 😂 I just see JB as more of a wheeler-dealer who keeps his business to himself. 

And of course, a privately owned/operated non-tax-exempt LLC's tax returns are not public information. Banking and tax return information are protected by privacy laws. I think that's where the Duggars' LLCs are. 

BTW, there have been mentions of "annual reports" above. Here's the deal. Arkansas requires LLCs in that state to file an annual report and file with it with payment of a flat $150 "franchise tax,"   But, as noted, it's a flat fee for all LLCs. The annual report does not contain any financial/income information about the LLC's operations. It does identify the persons who manage the LLC and the LLC's federal tax ID number. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, nightmeri said:

Someone posted this on Reddit regarding Duggar grifts   It says it all about JB and control and money 

69B86349-E275-4199-9BCE-DE0064D83B84.jpeg

I'm sorry but I absolutely never believe these "I met so and so and they acted such and such way" stories. In this day and age, everyone has a phone. If you actually had an encounter with someone "famous" and they acted obnoxiously, it would be filmed. 100% guaranteed. People film EVERYTHING these days. I've been places and as soon as someone's voice raises, people whip out their phone, just to see if they will be the one to capture the next "viral video". So if these bad Duggar encounters were really happening, someone would have sold a video to InTouch by now. 

That doesn't mean I think these people have good character, I don't. I just think they are smart enough to not be outwardly and overtly obnoxious and risk their cash cow. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm sorry but I absolutely never believe these "I met so and so and they acted such and such way" stories. In this day and age, everyone has a phone. If you actually had an encounter with someone "famous" and they acted obnoxiously, it would be filmed. 100% guaranteed. People film EVERYTHING these days. I've been places and as soon as someone's voice raises, people whip out their phone, just to see if they will be the one to capture the next "viral video". So if these bad Duggar encounters were really happening, someone would have sold a video to InTouch by now. 

That doesn't mean I think these people have good character, I don't. I just think they are smart enough to not be outwardly and overtly obnoxious and risk their cash cow. 

I'm somewhat in agreement with this. It wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars behaved rudely at Wendy's. But it would kind of surprise me that JB would take a bunch of kids to Wendy's at all, and pay out of his pocket for their food. This is Mr. Buy-Used-And-Save-The-Difference, whose daughters wore dollar store flip-flops all the time. 

it's also possible that the Duggars have behaved rudely in sort of covert ways. For example, if they interacted with a Wendy's employee who took their order without raising their voices, and weren't making big dramatic faces, unless someone was standing right there in line behind them and paying close attention, the nature of the interaction might not be obvious to others.  Likewise if they left gospel tracts in lieu of a tip at a sit-down restaurant, nobody but the staff will know. And I doubt the manager of a fast food franchise is going to endanger his/her job by taking and posting videos of customers doing business in their establishment. Just saying.  Which makes the "boyfriend" story clever, because if someone asks, where's the video, the answer is, he couldn't video customers in the business for his private use. Heh. Same with other stories I've heard, such as JB refusing to talk to female waitstaff when dining out. I can believe it but OTOH I don't know it's a true story, and I'm not going to pass it along as true.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The 25K-40K comes from a "TLC insider" who says the TLC families get paid 10% of the show's budget per episode. They gave an estimate of 250K-400K to produce an episode. The salaries of all the other TLC families are said to be that too. 

That wasn't even a TLC insider, it was a writer of an article about reality shows for an online "news" service. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I agree.  Especially with the lack of rerun episodes, which TLC can show any time they want without any additional payment.  There does not seem to be the advertising to support a large payment per episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

That wasn't even a TLC insider, it was a writer of an article about reality shows for an online "news" service. 

That makes sense. I couldn't find the original source but "a TLC insider" when I was looking for the salaries of other TLC shows. Didn't the Jeubs only get $500 or something plus free food? I couldn't find that one. 

2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I agree.  Especially with the lack of rerun episodes, which TLC can show any time they want without any additional payment.  There does not seem to be the advertising to support a large payment per episode. 

I'm blanking on this. At one point there were no ads during Counting On, correct? I cannot remember. 

I think there are a lot of freebies that are built into the "salary" so to speak. The honeymoons, the Europe and Asia trips the entire family took for the show, those activities they do during each episode. TLC probably pays for some of it or gets a lot of it comp'd from various sources. Which is part of the reason I think we haven't seen repeat honeymoon destinations nor have we seen any of the newlyweds go to the UK, Ireland, Israel, Japan, or China. Joy and Austin went to Israel after Switzerland but it wasn't filmed.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Didn't the Jeubs only get $500 or something plus free food? I couldn't find that one. 

Something like that.  I can't remember the details on that one, but help with the massive birthday party without even covering all of it.  I think one of the daughters talked about that.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Josiah works for the (?) a (?) car lot at least part of the time, too. He was named in a customer review as the person who sold the car but whom they could never get hold of after they started having trouble with it a few days later. 😏   

....So he's not only a car lot employee, he's a car lot employee trained by Boob. 😁

Actually, I think that story suggests that Josiah's manned the car lot solo some of the time and also that sometimes there's simply nobody there, doesn't it?

Because if you say you couldn't get hold of one car salesman, that seems to imply that you couldn't get hold of the lot at all, I would think. Since it's not an expansive layout. And I would assume they have a phone or an email or some way to officially contact the business, and not just the guys' personal cell numbers?

....Although I probably make an ass out of you and me right there. Jim Bob's training also probably includes the advice to never let potentially dissatisfied customers get in touch with them...

That must have been pre-Lauren. She's a full time job. 👫

• LOL 11
18 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That makes sense. I couldn't find the original source but "a TLC insider" when I was looking for the salaries of other TLC shows. Didn't the Jeubs only get $500 or something plus free food? I couldn't find that one. 

I'm blanking on this. At one point there were no ads during Counting On, correct? I cannot remember. 

I think there are a lot of freebies that are built into the "salary" so to speak. The honeymoons, the Europe and Asia trips the entire family took for the show, those activities they do during each episode. TLC probably pays for some of it or gets a lot of it comp'd from various sources. Which is part of the reason I think we haven't seen repeat honeymoon destinations nor have we seen any of the newlyweds go to the UK, Ireland, Israel, Japan, or China. Joy and Austin went to Israel after Switzerland but it wasn't filmed.

The 600lbers get paid a fixed sum for moving expenses along with the huge extra benefit of paid medical care after insurance that is not part of the TLC package.  Most live in low income places in Houston.  Considering also the grade z production values, TLC gets a popular show at a low cost.  This show is rerun endlessly, including the supersized and repackaged older shows.  So why would TLC pay a lot to the Duggars for new shows they never rerun?  

Edited by fonfereksglen
Random caps
  • Love 5
On 1/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, fonfereksglen said:

The 600lbers get paid a fixed sum for moving expenses along with the huge extra benefit of paid medical care after insurance that is not part of the TLC package.  Most live in low income places in Houston.  Considering also the grade z production values, TLC gets a popular show at a low cost.  This show [My 600 Pound Life] is rerun endlessly, including the supersized and repackaged older shows.  So why would TLC pay a lot to the Duggars for new shows they never rerun?  

^^My thoughts exactly. Back when Joshgate hit, and TLC pulled the repeats of 19K&C off the air, I posted about this. I'm sure the beancounters at TLC were crying in their lattes over the lost revenue from all the Duggar show repeats sitting in the TLC vault that suddenly could no longer be used in the schedule rotation to generate ad revenue. 

Remember, there are no "residuals" paid to anyone for repeat airings of reality TV shows. Once TLC pays the production company for an episode, it belongs to TLC forever and they can air it a zillion times, without paying the production company or the people on the show another dime. It's all profit for the network. 

Ever since Joshgate, not only are the pre-"Counting On" episodes not being seen again, TLC has shown "Counting On" in a limited way. For awhile, each episode aired only once. Recently they seem to show the episode a time or two after the premiere. The episodes are available on demand. But unlike SYTTD, M600PL, Sister Wives, etc., Counting On isn't in the TLC daily lineup of repeats. 

I'm sure TLC would LOVE IT if Josh could somehow be rehabilitated and they could haul those old episodes out of the vault and get some ad revenue from them. Not that JB would see another dime directly from that. But of course since Josh is the Duggar Crown Prince, and Michelle's favorite child, I'm sure JB spends some of his time thinking of how to rehabilitate Josh's wider reputation. And it might bump up the value of their future shows and help JB get more money for having his family appear in those, including more air time for JB and Meech.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Jeeves said:

^^My thoughts exactly. Back when Joshgate hit, and TLC pulled the repeats of 19K&C off the air, I posted about this. I'm sure the beancounters at TLC were crying in their lattes over the lost revenue from all the Duggar show repeats sitting in the TLC vault that suddenly could no longer be used in the schedule rotation to generate ad revenue. 

Remember, there are no "residuals" paid to anyone for repeat airings of reality TV shows. Once TLC pays the production company for an episode, it belongs to TLC forever and they can air it a zillion times, without paying the production company or the people on the show another dime. It's all profit for the network. 

Ever since Joshgate, not only are the pre-"Counting On" episodes not being seen again, TLC has shown "Counting On" in a limited way. For awhile, each episode aired only once. Recently they seem to show the episode a time or two after the premiere. The episodes are available on demand. But unlike SYTTD, M600PL, Sister Wives, etc., Counting On isn't in the TLC daily lineup of repeats. 

I'm sure TLC would LOVE IT if Josh could somehow be rehabilitated and they could haul those old episodes out of the vault and get some ad revenue from them. Not that JB would see another dime directly from that. But of course since Josh is the Duggar Crown Prince, and Michelle's favorite child, I'm sure JB spends some of his time thinking of how to rehabilitate Josh's wider reputation. And it might bump up the value of their future shows and help JB get more money for having his family appear in those, including more air time for JB and Meech.

I know people have stated Josh was the focus of a lot of the 19K&C episodes but surely there is some footage they can re-purpose? I mean, they've done the "Our Journey" stories for the 90 Day Fiance couples which is basically just a clip show. Why not some boring retrospective about Bin and Jessa? Look at little tomboy Joy who is now a momma! Things like that. 

The only answer I have is that those at TLC have absolutely zero interest in re-using those episodes. It would be more hassle than it is worth. Easier to show yet another SYYTD marathon where the participants aren't paid. Even though the Duggars are still hitting the 1 million viewers range, they don't hit the key advertiser demos.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I would love to ask Jim Bob why he is using such a highly magnified image of a fetus. The fetuses is used in those shots are also dead.  Anyone that stands around an image like that immediately gives me the creeps. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

The Duggars always say, "These are our convictions and not right for every family". I guess that only applies to skirts and hair. Not a woman's reproductive organs, sexual orientation, or a trans person's rights.

I gave the Duggars a lot of slack because they pretty much stayed in their own lane. I paid no mind when they attended anti-choice rallies, because they just showed up once a year.

Michelle's robocall telling folks to stay out of bathrooms changed it up for me.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Except when it comes to guns and wars of course. Or those pesky human lives at the border. Apparently they’re in a different category. 

They also don't really care about any lives after their here including their own children. They were always to busy making another one to care about the ones they have. Throw another baby onto the pile that they weren't going to raise. They didn't raise, take care of, raise, give a decent education or life. And honestly "voiceless" made me think of victims of sexual abuse and how often they are voiceless. Their own daughters who were being molested and both parents did nothing. They certainly didn't stand up for their daughters until the fourth one was molest. Where was your standing up for Jill, JB? Or Jessa? Or Jinger? Or the poor unrelated girl? 

• Love 7

JD's Mediccorps has claimed do be doing this for a while now - they are not qualified to do any of this

Current Project

Bringing the U.S.A 911 Response and care system to the Philippines.

Install 911 Systems

Equip and train First Responders

Installing and training LifeFlight responders

Train and equip hospital staff bring up the level of care to first world standards

Implement Chaplaincy program in the hospital

Connect patients and families with local churches for continued support and care

• Useful 1

He's there under the auspices of good ole MedicCorps. If they found a hospital, they're likely comping the surgery. Someone on FJ mentioned a children's hospital in Boston that specializes in the surgery she needs. 

Is this money going for hotels and food for her mother? No one has been clear about where the money is going. The surgery and hospital stay are obviously much higher than $100k.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

JD's Mediccorps has claimed do be doing this for a while now - they are not qualified to do any of this

Current Project

Bringing the U.S.A 911 Response and care system to the Philippines.

Install 911 Systems

Equip and train First Responders

Installing and training LifeFlight responders

Train and equip hospital staff bring up the level of care to first world standards

Implement Chaplaincy program in the hospital

Connect patients and families with local churches for continued support and care

shit all over another country for our enrichment and self-aggrandizement. 

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's there under the auspices of good ole MedicCorps. If they found a hospital, they're likely comping the surgery. Someone on FJ mentioned a children's hospital in Boston that specializes in the surgery she needs. 

Is this money going for hotels and food for her mother? No one has been clear about where the money is going. The surgery and hospital stay are obviously much higher than $100k.

I work for a hospital system that is considered to be the top provider of cardiac care in the US per US News and World Report.  Like every other major medical center, we have a program that brings children from underdeveloped nations here for medical care including organ transplants and open heart surgery.  Most of the time, the hospital eats the cost of the transportation and surgery although, some countries, like some of the wealthier ones in the Middle East, will pay us for it.  We also provide housing at the Ronald McDonald House for one adult parent or guardian to accompany the kid.  I've got a good friend, an advanced practice nurse, who coordinates the program so I know a little bit about it.

If they need to raise money for this girl; either she has a problem that could be managed in the Philippines, but, being fundies, they want to bring her to the US anyway.  Or, she was turned down by one of the multiple US hospitals that provide humanitarian support for lifesaving surgeries for kids but they've decided to bring her here anyway.

I suspect that they are planning to use most of that money to pay themselves and their organization for transportation to the US via an air ambulance, probably an aircraft that they used to go out there in the first place and would have to bring home anyway, but, now, they won't have to pay for it themselves. Any extra will line their pockets. Similar to the grifting done in the Bahamas.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 5
  • Love 18