Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Zella said:

A property that belonged to Mary became part of Jim Bob and Michelle's trust this past August. It is near their home and I wondered if it was her house she died in. I don't know that for a fact. Perhaps it was other property she owned. Beyond that and the fact Mary used to own Jessa's home, her name didn't come up in the records I looked at, which kind of surprised me, really.

I'm guessing that's the Pool House. She lived there during the last few years. I believe it shares a kitty-corner property line with the TTH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing that's the Pool House. She lived there during the last few years. I believe it shares a kitty-corner property line with the TTH.

Yes it was very close and had a home on it. I bet you're right. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

What's become of the idea/plan to have an RV campground, I wonder? I thought for sure that would provide employment for some of the kidults.

I found the final zoning approval for the "Luxury RV Park" a while back in the Fayetteville Planning Commision meeting records.

It is near Kessler Mountain and was/is to be named Mount Kessler RV Resort

one of JB's LLCs is the RV park's name I think

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

So Anna and Jana both own property in their names? So they could escape if they wanted to? (Fat chance).

It's very strange but I think JB has to be pretty convinced of your loyalty before you get that. I was fascinated that there was no rhyme or reason as to who got what when.

Even the property in Anna's name is convoluted. I think her deal is less trusting her and as someone mentioned earlier, more fear of further Josh lawsuits. The current one may make them nervous as is.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

So Anna and Jana both own property in their names? So they could escape if they wanted to? (Fat chance).

It's very strange but I think JB has to be pretty convinced of your loyalty before you get that. I was fascinated that there was no rhyme or reason as to who got what when.

Even the property in Anna's name is convoluted. I think her deal is less trusting her and as someone mentioned earlier, more fear of further Josh lawsuits. The current one may make them nervous as is.

I agree about putting it in Anna's name to protect it from a lawsuit against Josh. As for Jana, I think this is an indication that she is one of the family's biggest Kool-Aid drinkers. Jim Bob wouldn't dare put her name on any of his property if she had ever shown any signs of independent thinking or possible rebellion. So many of us want to believe that Jana is strong and spunky and is incrementally working her way to freedom, but I've never seen it as anything but TLC manufactured posturing. I think that Jana worships Jim Bob and is terrified of Michelle and will remain under their control forever.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree about putting it in Anna's name to protect it from a lawsuit against Josh. As for Jana, I think this is an indication that she is one of the family's biggest Kool-Aid drinkers. Jim Bob wouldn't dare put her name on any of his property if she had ever shown any signs of independent thinking or possible rebellion. So many of us want to believe that Jana is strong and spunky and is incrementally working her way to freedom, but I've never seen it as anything but TLC manufactured posturing. I think that Jana worships Jim Bob and is terrified of Michelle and will remain under their control forever.

Agreed 100%! She is the only adult daughter who gets these privileges. Even the married girls don't get the LLCs and property independent of their husbands. She is being rewarded more than some of her brothers who are of age. I think JB trusts her fully and is quite justified in assuming she has his back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

n what may be the most WTF revelation for me, I just discovered that the property where JD and Abbie are living is listed as commercial and is the site of a Marshallese Assembly of God church.  

The Marshallese women of the area have been sucked into losing their children to human trafficking, too, and are frequently prayed upon.  A lot of people think pilot JD just living randomly in their freaking driveway looks kind of fishy. 

• Love 1

I know a (gay) couple from KY who traveled to AR to adopt a Marshallese baby. It's been a while, so I don't remember the details of who brokered the deal, but it *seemed* on the up and up to me at the time.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

@Zella , you've inspired me to check in on the round mansion, to see if it's sold yet - nope. Below are the prices they've asked so far:

Date            Event        Price       Price/Sq Ft    Source

12/10/2019 Listed $1,380,000   $149 NorthWestAR

09/01/2019 Price Changed $1,100,000   $119 NorthWestAR

07/30/2019 Price Changed $1,250,000   $135 NorthWestAR

07/08/2019 Price Changed $1,450,000   $142 NorthWestAR

06/04/2019 Price Changed $1,650,000   $162 NorthWestAR

05/03/2019 Listed $1,800,000   $177 NorthWestAR

OKay, so he couldn't sell it at 1.1 million.....So he took it off the market to list it afresh three months later....on that theory that that's what you should do and everybody will think it's a new listing.....and then he raised the price back up by more than a quarter million....

Sure, JB. That's gonna work for that very odd house. 

But hope springs eternal, I guess....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I know a (gay) couple from KY who traveled to AR to adopt a Marshallese baby. It's been a while, so I don't remember the details of who brokered the deal, but it *seemed* on the up and up to me at the time.

This article   talks about recent arrests, and at the end describes the situation currently in Arkansas.  It’s interesting background reading, to say the least. 

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I’m guessing there’s some deal with TLC that prevents Josh from getting any money from the show, and this is the loophole to keep them on the payroll. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I’m guessing there’s some deal with TLC that prevents Josh from getting any money from the show, and this is the loophole to keep them on the payroll. 

I think it goes beyond that, though, because both LLCs are from 2019. In fact, almost all the LLCs connected to the kids or in-laws are from last year. I don't know the cause of that, but I strongly suspect the specter of Josh's lawsuit is a factor for Josh. 

Besides, I don't have that high of an opinion about the channel's ethical standards. If TLC really cared about money not going to Josh or anything to do with the scandals, they wouldn't have let Jim Bob and Michelle worm their way back on the show. 

• Love 16

To go a step further, they shouldn't have been paying Boob when his adult children and their spouses carry the show. 

Boobchelle should be nowhere near a camera.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

To go a step further, they shouldn't have been paying Boob when his adult children and their spouses carry the show. 

Boobchelle should be nowhere near a camera.

Bingo! I really don't think TLC cares what happens to the money after they give it to JB. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

OKay, so he couldn't sell it at 1.1 million.....So he took it off the market to list it afresh three months later....on that theory that that's what you should do and everybody will think it's a new listing.....and then he raised the price back up by more than a quarter million....

Sure, JB. That's gonna work for that very odd house. 

But hope springs eternal, I guess....

That doesn’t work anymore...sites like Zillow list all real estate activity at an address, including delisting and relisting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The Marshallese women of the area have been sucked into losing their children to human trafficking, too, and are frequently prayed upon.  A lot of people think pilot JD just living randomly in their freaking driveway looks kind of fishy. 

Yes, that story has been a big one in the local news recently. The Marshallese community in NWA is quite vulnerable. 😞 

21 hours ago, Zella said:

I have mapped 36 properties connected to Jim Bob's trust and/or various LLCs in his name.

In the process, I discovered that Josiah has an LLC that owns a property in Bella Vista and Jeremiah has one that owns a property in Springdale. Those don't count toward Jim Bob's total. I also discovered that the odd LLC that owns the property where Josh is I suspect living--that's actually registered to Anna

In total, I tracked down 4 LLCs connected to Jim Bob and/or Michelle,  2 to Anna (none with Josh), 1 to Jana, 2 to JD, 1 to Jeremy, 1 to Josiah, 1 to Jed, 1 to Jeremiah, and 1 to Jason. I believe they may be paid that way. Almost all the ones connected to kids or in-laws were formed in 2019, with the oldest from 2018. Some of JB's and Michelle's LLCs are several years old. 

I think speculation that payments to the kids are funneled to the LLCs is quite possible, though it is interesting to me who has one and who doesn't. 

Lest anyone think Jeremy isn't on Big Daddy Jim Bob's titty, his LLC is registered to post offices and addresses connected to Jim Bob's home and a PO box used by the kids for theirs. 

I suspect Josh's family is paid whatever to Anna's LLCs so nothing goes in his name. 

I did not find current, dissolved, or revoked LLCs at all for Jessa or her husband, Joy or Austin, Joe or Kendra, or James. The only one connected to the Dillards is the dissolved ministry one. 

I will edit my original post to reflect all this.

Very surprised there isn't one for Joe and/or Kendra. 

Little surprised about Jessa and Joy, but mostly surprised that of all the son-in-laws to have an LLC it would be Jeremy. I would have put dibs on Ben or Austin.

Not surprised about Anna or the Dillards. 

• Love 2

I have to wonder if property in Anna's name was a consideration given to her if she remained with Josh.  Her family is pretty poor so the security of a home for herself and her children had to be considered!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have to wonder if property in Anna's name was a consideration given to her if she remained with Josh.  Her family is pretty poor so the security of a home for herself and her children had to be considered!

I'd be more likely to think that if this had happened in 2015 as soon as the scandals hit and if it wasn't so recent. Anna's LLCs are from April 2019 and September 2019, and she acquired the property through one of those LLCs in June 2019. I don't think she needed to be bribed at this point--I think she's pretty clearly not going anywhere--and I also don't think that Jim Bob would sign over control of anything to someone he wasn't 100% sure wasn't controllable. I think the speculation about the lawsuit, which stems from spring 2019, is much more likely impetus for all of this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Very surprised there isn't one for Joe and/or Kendra. 

Little surprised about Jessa and Joy, but mostly surprised that of all the son-in-laws to have an LLC it would be Jeremy. I would have put dibs on Ben or Austin.

Not surprised about Anna or the Dillards. 

One of the things I have found most baffling about this little research odyssey is the complete lack of any pattern. I started with the rather naive assumption that the kids would receive things (both property and LLC status) as they married. But that's not true at all.

Two of the boys whom you'd think are in their dad's good graces--JD and Joe--get to live on family property (presumably rent-free), but nothing is in their name. And JD gets 2 LLCs and Joe gets none. Meanwhile, Josiah living in a non-family property makes it seem like he's an outcast, but he's received more property he doesn't live on from his parents than either Joe or JD and he gets an LLC. From that, I cannot figure out what being in JB's good graces gets you and what it doesn't. 

Even that weird batch of property that JB purchased, apparently in bulk, from a liquidating company. He got all of that in August 2014. So, he got it in between Jill and Jessa getting married. But he doesn't give any of it to his children until Joe gets 1 piece in spring 2017, several months after he gets married. Meanwhile, Josiah gets 2 the following year 2 months after he gets married. But a couple of months after that, 18-year-old and single Jason gets several pieces of that same property--more so than either of his married brothers got. But his equally teenaged and single brother James gets jack squat. 

The girls are even more bewildering. I would have thought Jessa would get something for seeming like one of the most gungho about the show. But she gets nothing, property or LLC-wise. Joy seems to be fairly apathetic about the whole thing of being on the show, but she got property directly from her parents, which most of her brothers and none of her other sisters can say. But still, no LLCs for either of them. 

I really don't know what to make of any of it. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Zella said:

One of the things I have found most baffling about this little research odyssey is the complete lack of any pattern. I started with the rather naive assumption that the kids would receive things (both property and LLC status) as they married. But that's not true at all.

Two of the boys whom you'd think are in their dad's good graces--JD and Joe--get to live on family property (presumably rent-free), but nothing is in their name. And JD gets 2 LLCs and Joe gets none. Meanwhile, Josiah living in a non-family property makes it seem like he's an outcast, but he's received more property he doesn't live on from his parents than either Joe or JD and he gets an LLC. From that, I cannot figure out what being in JB's good graces gets you and what it doesn't. 

Even that weird batch of property that JB purchased, apparently in bulk, from a liquidating company. He got all of that in August 2014. So, he got it in between Jill and Jessa getting married. But he doesn't give any of it to his children until Joe gets 1 piece in spring 2017, several months after he gets married. Meanwhile, Josiah gets 2 the following year 2 months after he gets married. But a couple of months after that, 18-year-old and single Jason gets several pieces of that same property--more so than either of his married brothers got. But his equally teenaged and single brother James gets jack squat. 

The girls are even more bewildering. I would have thought Jessa would get something for seeming like one of the most gungho about the show. But she gets nothing, property or LLC-wise. Joy seems to be fairly apathetic about the whole thing of being on the show, but she got property directly from her parents, which most of her brothers and none of her other sisters can say. But still, no LLCs for either of them. 

I believe Jessa is living on property once owned by Mary and then JB. And maybe Joy and Austin did actually buy their home?

The married sons might have been offered land or money or a combination of both, when they were married. Maybe totaling the cost of the daughters' weddings?

And I thought we discussed a while back that JB assigned Jason the role of up and coming real estate prodigy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The married sons might have been offered land or money or a combination of both, when they were married. Maybe totaling the cost of the daughters' weddings?

Jessa's wedding reception was melted ice cream in a parking lot filmed by TLC. I honestly don't think they toss out a lot of cash for any of the weddings. 

The daughters not getting any property or LLCs makes sense to me because to JB, they're under control of their husbands and it's their husband's duty to provide. End of story. He's not going to risk losing power of God empire to someone married in. But it's different with Anna, only because that was the only away he could give Josh things without the risk of getting them taken, or at the very least, frozen, when Josh inevitably screws up again with the law because Anna has proven herself to be loyal to the Duggars and to JoshUa. I'm sure Anna's name is on those documents as a name only and Josh is the rightful owner.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, McManda said:

Jessa's wedding reception was melted ice cream in a parking lot filmed by TLC. I honestly don't think they toss out a lot of cash for any of the weddings. 

The daughters not getting any property or LLCs makes sense to me because to JB, they're under control of their husbands and it's their husband's duty to provide. End of story. He's not going to risk losing power of God empire to someone married in. But it's different with Anna, only because that was the only away he could give Josh things without the risk of getting them taken, or at the very least, frozen, when Josh inevitably screws up again with the law because Anna has proven herself to be loyal to the Duggars and to JoshUa. I'm sure Anna's name is on those documents as a name only and Josh is the rightful owner.

Jessa stated that JB & M have a set amount of money for each of the daughters' weddings. She went on to say that she and Ben were not spending a lot on the wedding because they were saving some of the money for their honeymoon. 

And melted ice cream for say, 50 - 100 guests, would be rather cheap. Melted ice cream for 1000+ guests would be a little more.

I think it's been well established why Josh no longer has any assets in his name.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That doesn’t work anymore...sites like Zillow list all real estate activity at an address, including delisting and relisting.

I have to wonder if there isn't some way around that...There's a house I pass on the way to my mom's which has always intrigued me, and I always meant to check out the listing on Zillow when it went on the market a couple of years ago, but never got around to it before the sign in the yard disappeared and all sorts of work started happening on the exterior. A year or so afterward, it turned up on the market again, beautiful on the exterior, and with an absolutely gorgeous kitchen area, though none of the photos of other parts of the house looked particularly as though they had been newly redone. Anyway, when I checked on the listing history, figuring someone had either delisted and done some extra fixing up, or bought it and semi-flipped, but there was no indication that it had ever been on the market since it sold some 12 years ago.

I wonder whether there are ways that someone as familiar with the real estate game as Jim Blob could finagle ways to hide previous listings, etc?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I wonder if the seeming like of a system makes it more likely some of the kids will defect. I imagine there is already an undercurrent of resentment among the kids to each other and to their parents (family dynamics can be weird in the best of circumstances, but in this family there were too many children and not enough parental attention despite what JB says). Add to that this seemingly arbitrary distribution of assets. Other than, you know, cult mentality and lack of resources, conditions are ripe for someone to have enough and leave.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I wonder if the seeming like of a system makes it more likely some of the kids will defect. I imagine there is already an undercurrent of resentment among the kids to each other and to their parents (family dynamics can be weird in the best of circumstances, but in this family there were too many children and not enough parental attention despite what JB says). Add to that this seemingly arbitrary distribution of assets. Other than, you know, cult mentality and lack of resources, conditions are ripe for someone to have enough and leave.

I got the opposite thought.  I think JB is randomly giving away properties and distributing them unequally to keep his kids on their toes and in the fold.  He is purposefully keeping them off balance.  I also think that Jessa needs the least because she is the least likely to leave.  She has her house and her bills are paid,  as long as that is enough for Jessa she aint leavin.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe Jessa is living on property once owned by Mary and then JB. And maybe Joy and Austin did actually buy their home?

And I thought we discussed a while back that JB assigned Jason the role of up and coming real estate prodigy.

Jessa's property was actually once owned by Michelle's parents and then Mary. I don't remember seeing a JB ownership, though I don't have my notes with me. For Joy and Austin, there is no estimated sales amount in the records, so I wouldn't necessarily conclude they paid for anything. 

They may very well be getting money when they get married. 

And I do remember seeing Jason was the real estate maven, but apparently Joseph has a real estate license too, and he's not getting anywhere near as much property. Likewise, the car lot some of the boys claim to own is on land JB never once gave them. So, it just seems like rather bizarre favoritism toward Jason that, to my mind, transcends his stated career path. 

8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Isn't the mold house in Jessa's name?

Jessa and Ben's house are in both their names. None of the girls, except Jana, own property solely in their own name. The property Anna owns is in her LLC's name, not hers directly. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Maybe JB"s just nuts. But employs a crafty tax lawyer. 

Also...I endorse the "keeping the kids off balance" theory of the kind of control going on here. Stock in trade of the gaslighter. And Ma and Pa Duggar are nothing if not professional gaslighters.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Zella said:

It’s possible that Jessa has negotiated her own contract with TLC. She did post a picture in their corporate building. In that case, maybe she’s cut off from JBs payout system and only gets what is paid to Ben although I’m becoming convinced that the show is his regular full-time income producing job and anything else we see is show driven or done out of sheer boredom. That would also explain the renewed fervor she has to polish up her image with subdued, warmly filtered pictures of cute babies, and those polished videos that she suddenly is producing. We all saw that original cooking video with the sweet potatoes a couple of years ago!

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

It’s possible that Jessa has negotiated her own contract with TLC. She did post a picture in their corporate building. In that case, maybe she’s cut off from JBs payout system and only gets what is paid to Ben although I’m becoming convinced that the show is his regular full-time income producing job and anything else we see is show driven or done out of sheer boredom. That would also explain the renewed fervor she has to polish up her image with subdued, warmly filtered pictures of cute babies, and those polished videos that she suddenly is producing. We all saw that original cooking video with the sweet potatoes a couple of years ago!

The more I read about Jim Bob, the more I doubt any of the kids have a separate contract with TLC. I also don't believe Jinger and Jeremy have a separate contract.

I could be wrong, but I think the whole thing is under JB's thumb and the adult children, once married, still remain there. 

I think a lot of the kids do pursue social media influencing in some form as a means of supplementing the probable pittance they get from Big Daddy Jim Bob. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, Zella said:

Joy seems to be fairly apathetic about the whole thing of being on the show, but she got property directly from her parents, which most of her brothers and none of her other sisters can say. But still, no LLCs for either of them. 

Maybe due to Austin’s influence?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

The more I read about Jim Bob, the more I doubt any of the kids have a separate contract with TLC. I also don't believe Jinger and Jeremy have a separate contract.

I could be wrong, but I think the whole thing is under JB's thumb and the adult children, once married, still remain there. 

I think a lot of the kids do pursue social media influencing in some form as a means of supplementing the probable pittance they get from Big Daddy Jim Bob. 

I wonder what, if JB doles out the money, he pays them.

Estimates are that the Duggars make $25,000 - $40,000 per episode. If we look at the marriage retreat episode with 5 married Duggars (not including spouses, Kendra's father and sister, etc), That would be $8,000 per kid before taxes and before JB's cut @$40,000. 

With that formula a Duggar would make a max of $80,000 a season if they were in 10 episodes. Low end would be $50,000 for 10 episodes.

I'm thinking Jessa and Ben must be taking in at least $50,000 a year to live the way they're living.

However they get their money, they're likely earning more than double what an entry level, minimum wage, worker makes in a year.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking Jessa and Ben must be taking in at least $50,000 a year to live the way they're living.

However they get their money, they're likely earning more than double what an entry level, minimum wage, worker makes in a year.

So...what an first year entry level ADN RN makes.  Not seeing the benefits of working for Jim Bob. Unless the chief benefit is that you don’t really have to work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So...what an first year entry level ADN RN makes.  Not seeing the benefits of working for Jim Bob. Unless the chief benefit is that you don’t really have to work. 

Seems to be the Duggar M.O.

• Love 7
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Seems to be the Duggar M.O.

Working three 12’s a week is nothing compared to what being a Duggar must feel like 24/7. Not worth that measly amount of money.

• Love 10

Is it possible that the properties that are owned by the kids are not actually ''owned'' by them besides the house they live in?  Like their names are on a piece of paper, but they don't manage or get any benefits from it?   

Is it also possible that Duggars boys (and possibly Ben) get a salary from working for one JB's businesses? 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Which could provide quite the little shock if the show ever ends and someone has to get, you know, a job he (and/or she!) is actually qualified for......

Who am I kidding? This show will never end. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Plus you get to believe you're a TeeVee Star.

I'm pretty sure at least some of them think this is a big benefit. Their parents certainly do. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Plus you get to believe you're a TeeVee Star.

I'm pretty sure at least some of them think this is a big benefit. Their parents certainly do. 

Imagine Derreck and Jill, working as an accountant and nurse, clearing six figures in an area that is pretty low cost of living. That’s F you money. Telling Jim Bobb to go screw himself has gotta be a bigger thrill than being a TV star is. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what, if JB doles out the money, he pays them.

Estimates are that the Duggars make $25,000 - $40,000 per episode. If we look at the marriage retreat episode with 5 married Duggars (not including spouses, Kendra's father and sister, etc), That would be $8,000 per kid before taxes and before JB's cut @$40,000. 

With that formula a Duggar would make a max of $80,000 a season if they were in 10 episodes. Low end would be $50,000 for 10 episodes.

I don't think the kids make nearly that amount. Boob is definitely skimming off the top. He may take as much as half as a "brokerage fee." After all, there would be no show without him and his brood mare. 🙄

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think the kids make nearly that amount. Boob is definitely skimming off the top. He may take as much as half as a "brokerage fee." After all, there would be no show without him and his brood mare. 🙄

That''s "stud fee" to you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 18