Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Temperance said:

Since they post all those pictures from last year, It might have been nice to talk specifically about Joy and her loss and how this mother's day might be challenging for her, even though she's pregnant again. 

Maybe that's not what Joy would want. However they behave in private, publically the family should be guided by Joy's wishes as to how her loss should be handled. (Unlike her "sister-in-love") Joy's online behaviour suggests she doesn't want to dwell on it. She's been able to share the joy of her friends and family over their new babies. There's no need for her family to discuss it publically. 

• Love 15

Most of our visits were done out on the deck, sitting far from each other, which, I thought was fine.   I like something one of my friends did.  She and her mother are not visiting really at all, but, she went over with her teen son and they planted flowers out front where her mom can enjoy them.  And, she and her son, will go over and tend to them.  I thought that was a great idea. 

• Love 13

I thought when Michelle came on Israel's birthday she and the lost girls stayed outside and handed him his present through the open window? Or was that just a photo op to appease the masses and afterwards they came in and had cake and ice cream?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I thought when Michelle came on Israel's birthday she and the lost girls stayed outside and handed him his present through the open window? Or was that just a photo op to appease the masses and afterwards they came in and had cake and ice cream?

Who knows when that pic was taken? I was just speculating about it being Izzy's birthday. 

I'm pretty sure for a good portion of the country social distancing, especially with family and good friends, has stopped. Not only because some states are opening up, but more because they're tired of isolating. 

I think its a current picture. Izzy's hair looks like it needs to be cut again. 

Jill should be grateful she's not always at the TTH. If one gets this virus, its likely all will.

• Love 4
(edited)

So for his birthday cake he got half an inch of something unidentifiable in a giant pan and a bunch of random candles leaning in it?

Seriously...that’s a cake?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So for his birthday cake he got half an inch of something unidentifiable in a giant pan and a bunch of random candles leaning in it?

Seriously...that’s a cake?

It looks like brownies to me. He's old enough to know what he wants, so hopefully the brownies were his choice and he got exactly what he wanted. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 13

She has to be wearing pants from the way she's standing, unless the skirt is bunched up since she's straddling the bike. She has a tiny bit of sense evidently, who knew?

• Love 3

JB & M can now reinforce their homeschooling stance. A group of Arkansas high schoolers attended a pool party and now a handful of them are sick with the coronavirus.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

JB & M can now reinforce their homeschooling stance. A group of Arkansas high schoolers attended a pool party and now a handful of them are sick with the coronavirus.

It was in Springdale, too, right down the road from the TTH. 😞

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

But it's not like the Duggars are really into social distancing. I haven't seen anyone in a mask, has anyone? And they all get together and we know the virus it close by and they are fertile territory. But Jesus and all that I'm sure.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jana have 2 cell phones mounted on her bike?

I think maybe one is a bike speedometer and one is a phone.

I only think that because I have recently sent bike speedometers to my grandkids - many of them were the size of small cell phones

-

• Useful 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Why is it that every article I read lately is about Blob and Clown Car and their 19 kids and one adopted kid equals 20 and we know that they didn't adopt him.

Probably because JB and M write vaguely so that those who skim easily pick up the implication that they adopted.......They really really wanted those 20 kids.  So if they can get them by implication, they'll take it.

And since articles about the Duggars likely earn their writers a return of about $10 for 1000 words, everybody who writes them skims at best.....!.....(Some probably don't even skim anything but a couple of short online posts and some picture captions.)

Edited by Churchhoney

To be fair, JB and Michelle have a permanent custody. It would be rude of them not to include him in their children when he's been living with them for so long.

JB and Michelle were planning on having a huge family. When Josie was born, Michelle told People she thought they would have three or four more. They got stuck at 19 and I doubt they think it's as good as biologically getting to 22 or 23. 

The press counts him as twenty, because most people aren't as familiar with the Duggar as we are.

Also, they probably don't understand the intricacies of family court. Most people don't unless they've had reason to be involved. I was surprised one of my friends had to ask why they would say a father kidnapped his own child since he was the father. (Answer: He wasn't supposed to have custody.) (Also the child was found and returned to the mother.)

Anyway if the Duggars had really wanted to keep going through adoption or foster care, they probably could have. The Arkansas authorities don't seem to care how they treat the kids, and what's five more to ignore?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Interesting that they had to mention that it was algebra...kind of a FU Internet response to their homeschooling. It would actually be right on point for Hannie, who I believe should be in eighth or ninth given that she is 14 years old. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Joe had braces.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Justin had braces.

32 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Josiah had braces.

And none of them amounted to anything. I was wrong!

• LOL 12
On 5/26/2020 at 5:13 PM, Temperance said:

Anyway if the Duggars had really wanted to keep going through adoption or foster care, they probably could have. The Arkansas authorities don't seem to care how they treat the kids, and what's five more to ignore?

I think they would have a much harder time going through the state to foster or adopt children. I did both and had to have an extensive background check, references, a psych eval, several home visits, and 12 weeks of parenting classes for foster/adoptive parents. However, I have had guardianship of my grandson twice, had parental power of attorney for 2 kids belonging to my cousin, and gave parental power of attorney of my 16 yo son to a close friend. The only time the state got involved was to require home visits from my grandson's guardian ad litem when his mother went to court to have the guardianship dismissed.

Tyler was placed in their home with by his grandmother who had legal guardianship and it doesn't sound like his mother objected to the Duggars keeping him, so the court isn't that concerned. However, if he had been an actual, non-relative foster child, they would have been vetted. Whether they passed would be based on how their social worker felt about their extreme beliefs and parenting style. However, they would not have been allowed to home school their foster child.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Interesting that they had to mention that it was algebra...kind of a FU Internet response to their homeschooling. It would actually be right on point for Hannie, who I believe should be in eighth or ninth given that she is 14 years old. 

At least they didn't call it algebra math! I think this shows, once again, that Jackson is being held back to fit in with the younger kids rather than allow him to act like an actual 16 year old. 

• Love 6

Jackson is barely 16 and Johannah will be 15 in just a few months, so they'd likely be a year apart in public school.

Algebra at their ages is far better than Jill working on multiplication tables with James when he was around that age, a couple of years ago.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jackson is barely 16 and Johannah will be 15 in just a few months, so they'd likely be a year apart in public school.

Algebra at their ages is far better than Jill working on multiplication tables with James when he was around that age, a couple of years ago.

Of course it sort of depends on whether they can make heads or tails out of the algebra.....And on whether they're also drilling multiplication facts behind the scenes. I wouldn't put heavy bets on any of this stuff! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

These two kids are high school age. Why does that 'algebra' screen look like it's an introductory lesson in algebra for a 2nd grader? I highly doubt that they are doing high school level algebra. Most likely algebraic concepts...entry level stuff. I agree that the computer in the middle of the kitchen is not a good idea. Too much noise and too many distractions with all those people at home. Not a place to learn algebraic concepts. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:39 AM, Nysha said:

I think they would have a much harder time going through the state to foster or adopt children. I did both and had to have an extensive background check, references, a psych eval, several home visits, and 12 weeks of parenting classes for foster/adoptive parents. However, I have had guardianship of my grandson twice, had parental power of attorney for 2 kids belonging to my cousin, and gave parental power of attorney of my 16 yo son to a close friend. The only time the state got involved was to require home visits from my grandson's guardian ad litem when his mother went to court to have the guardianship dismissed.

Tyler was placed in their home with by his grandmother who had legal guardianship and it doesn't sound like his mother objected to the Duggars keeping him, so the court isn't that concerned. However, if he had been an actual, non-relative foster child, they would have been vetted. Whether they passed would be based on how their social worker felt about their extreme beliefs and parenting style. However, they would not have been allowed to home school their foster child.

If I'm not mistaken, most states have rules for how many foster kids can sleep in a single bedroom, so the TTH might not have passed had J'Tyler not been a relative.   Dorm style sleeping quarters with eleventy zillion kids in the same room is what foster care wants to avoid. My sister did foster care in another state and I seem to recall that each child had to have their own bedroom unless they were biologic siblings.  My sister often took family groups because the logistics of her house were favorable for multiple foster kids.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If I'm not mistaken, most states have rules for how many foster kids can sleep in a single bedroom, so the TTH might not have passed had J'Tyler not been a relative.   Dorm style sleeping quarters with eleventy zillion kids in the same room is what foster care wants to avoid. My sister did foster care in another state and I seem to recall that each child had to have their own bedroom unless they were biologic siblings.  My sister often took family groups because the logistics of her house were favorable for multiple foster kids.

I spent a few weeks in foster care in Arkansas in the late 1990s (long story), and I shared a room with their adopted daughter. I can't remember if my brother was in a room with the adopted son or not (he and the adopted daughter were siblings), but I think he was. There were another 2 foster kids there who were siblings and I think they must have had a room they shared. The foster parents were really good folks and considered by local DHS to be some of the better foster parents in the county at the time, so I'm sure they were following whatever the guidelines were. But of course that was also over 20 years ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Since they have long-term guardianship of Tyler, it's better for Tyler that he's counted as one of their own. How the legalities are represented in the "press" is irrelevant compared to the health and wellbeing of the child. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I remember when Grandma Mary passed Jessa wrote that Mary was proud of her 21 grandchildren which confused people, but Jessa said Mary always considered Tyler to be her grandson 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I remember when Grandma Mary forex Jessa wrote that Mary was proud of her 21 grandchildren which confused people, but Jessa said Mary always considered Tyler to be her grandson 

Even grandma forgot Caleb!

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think she was counting living grandchildren: the nineteen biological spawn of JB&M + Tyler + Amy. She wasn't counting Jubilee, either.

Ok, THAT makes more sense. She was more level headed than Michelle, for sure.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

If anyone has a $1,000,00 dollars laying around. a piece of 2.5 acre property is for sale in front of the location for the Duggar's RV park.

surely JB owns that property in one LLC or another.

property is among the listings for their Real Estate agent friend Tom Joseph.

https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/2.5-acres-in-Washington-County-Arkansas/6951675/

I initially read that as $1,000.00 (one thousand dollars) and thought well that's not so bad. Then I clicked on the link and it actually meant one million dollars. Wow, that is an expensive price for a lot, even 2.5 acres. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6