Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm guessing they're standing in the kitchen as we speak. I hope Josie comes strolling through and licks the counter as she eats some cold beans out of the can in the middle of the whole thing.

• LOL 5

Someone needs to post that screenshot under Jessa's ode to Michelle.

jessaseewald

In this season of quarantine, we’ve been missing family like crazy. As I’ve been at home with my kiddos, I’ve been looking back on old family photos and reminiscing about my own childhood. I’m so grateful to for the parents God gave me!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Popped into the livestream with Pecan David, just in time for a lawyer to do a live commercial for his Christian law firm. Maybe Derick is watching.

OMG, Pecan David is singing a solo doing 'orchestra hands'.

• LOL 9

Jessa offered up some new info. She was saved at age 12 when a couple of bible verses rang true to her. I guess 12 is better than Pecan (the conductor hand reminded me of his wedding 😂) who claims salvation at age 3. 

• LOL 5
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa offered up some new info. She was saved at age 12 when a couple of bible verses rang true to her. I guess 12 is better than Pecan (the conductor hand reminded me of his wedding 😂) who claims salvation at age 3. 

12 is late for these people.

Also was around the times of the molestation.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

12 is late for these people.

Also was around the times of the molestation.

Oh, I didn't make that connection. Wasn't Jessa 10 or 11, making her about 12 when they did their "counseling?"

• Useful 4
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I didn't make that connection. Wasn't Jessa 10 or 11, making her about 12 when they did their "counseling?"

I'm guessing the bible verse she read called her a hell bound slut unless she repented.

She repeated it, but didn't source it. It sounded familiar, but I wasn't paying full attention, so I can't be of any help. I think it had something to do with forgiveness, which would make sense if she was processing the Smuggar molestations.

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She repeated it, but didn't source it. It sounded familiar, but I wasn't paying full attention, so I can't be of any help. I think it had something to do with forgiveness, which would make sense if she was processing the Smuggar molestations.

Well, it'd make sense in Gothard terms.

So I have a feeling this is something she was "encouraged" to resonate with by her two disgusting parents -- because it's what Gothard calls the absolute duty of everybody who's sexually messed with. And they're not encouraged to take their time about it, either. Forgive him fully and freely NOW, bitch.

And while the whole "forgive others as Christ forgives you" thing certainly has merit in general, in Gothard world the whole forgiveness thing in the case of sexual molestation and such is tied up in a big series of hints that maybe, just maybe, it was the girl's/woman's fault somehow. I mean, she let her big brother change her diapers when she was 10 months old! So what was he supposed to do!? He's got urges! 

Makes me nauseated....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, it'd make sense in Gothard terms.

So I have a feeling this is something she was "encouraged" to resonate with by her two disgusting parents -- because it's what Gothard calls the absolute duty of everybody who's sexually messed with. And they're not encouraged to take their time about it, either. Forgive him fully and freely NOW, bitch.

And while the whole "forgive others as Christ forgives you stuff" thing certainly has merit in general, in Gothard world the whole forgiveness thing in the case of sexual molestation and such is tied up in a big series of hints that maybe, just maybe, it was the girl's/woman's fault somehow. I mean, she let her big brother change her diapers when she was 10 months old! So what was he supposed to do!? He's got urges! 

Makes me nauseated....

That whole forgiveness stuff only ever pops up when its time to forgive another Christian usually a white male of something horrible. It never, ever comes up when in any other time. In the Duggar case its the parents forcing their daughters to forgive their brother for molesting them and they get to go on continuing to treat their son like a golden boy. Or trying to force/claim to the media when not only did the molestation get outed but how terrible JB & Michelle covered it up and got called on it. It was only then did we get the "we never claimed to perfect". forgiveness and crap while trying to claim they did everything absolutely correct. It of course wasn't what JB said at about what should happen to rapists as a representative or whatever he was.  They certainly don't think that about the many groups they dislike and want take rights away from. 

• Love 6

They are out of their damned minds.

Of course, I keep forgetting that JB and Madam Xanax still hold the purse strings so their “adult” offspring are still competing to see who can suck up to them the most.

• Love 10

JB is all about control. Even as his sons have grown into adulthood, none are truly independent. Even JD flies planes that Boob owns, doing Duggar family business. 

• Love 7
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

JB is all about control. Even as his sons have grown into adulthood, none are truly independent. Even JD flies planes that Boob owns, doing Duggar family business. 

Yep they're all pretty much living on a JB property, except for Josiah. I still can't figure out that one, but all the rest of the married boys are on their parents' properties. They live on Daddy's land and work for Daddy, and they're under Daddy's thumb for eternity. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

That's the point,,they did nothing

The catwalk, the cameras, the head shacking, the hobby lobby labor, the counseling that blamed the victims, the crazy rules. They did a lot, it was just all bullshit.

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The catwalk, the cameras, the head shacking, the hobby lobby labor, the counseling that blamed the victims, the crazy rules. They did a lot, it was just all bullshit.

Even all that was half assed.

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yep they're all pretty much living on a JB property, except for Josiah

Does anyone know where he lives ?

Edited by MsJamieDornan
On 5/1/2020 at 11:15 PM, Zella said:

Yep they're all pretty much living on a JB property, except for Josiah. I still can't figure out that one, but all the rest of the married boys are on their parents' properties. They live on Daddy's land and work for Daddy, and they're under Daddy's thumb for eternity. 

Because that’s how daddy wants it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Since they post all those pictures from last year, It might have been nice to talk specifically about Joy and her loss and how this mother's day might be challenging for her, even though she's pregnant again. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7

I noticed that in the pics above there was actually very little Abbie compared to the other DILs. Abbie was in one whereas the other DILs were in at least two or three pics. 

I also noticed that in the pic where they were at Panera I believe (the one pic that Abbie is in), Jill was the only one who brought her sons. All others brought only their daughters. 

• Love 4

Question- what’s the deal with phrase “daughter in love”, compared to “daughter in law”? I also never hear/read “son in love” only “son in law”......is that a fundy/Christian thing? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Question- what’s the deal with phrase “daughter in love”, compared to “daughter in law”? I also never hear/read “son in love” only “son in law”......is that a fundy/Christian thing? 

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell also uses sisters in-love. 

• Love 3
Just now, Temperance said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell also uses sisters in-love. 

Yes what’s that about? Is it a more affectionate term for a family member related by marriage? Like “bonus child” instead of “step child”?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes what’s that about? Is it a more affectionate term for a family member related by marriage? Like “bonus child” instead of “step child”?

I think so.  I have no idea if it's just a fundie thing or not. 

• Love 2
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

I think they like to think that the relationship is above the law. Love coming from God, of course.

• Love 4

The one year Mother's Day video clips would make some sense, not one of the Duggar 19 made one?

No parade of cars driving by the TTH?

Maybe because most of them went to the TTH to hang and they don't want their fans to know. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The one year Mother's Day video clips would make some sense, not one of the Duggar 19 made one?

No parade of cars driving by the TTH?

Maybe because most of them went to the TTH to hang and they don't want their fans to know. 

They wouldn’t be the only family. My FB feed was filled with pictures of family gatherings. I think a lot of people think it’s ok to start getting together with family. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

They wouldn’t be the only family. My FB feed was filled with pictures of family gatherings. I think a lot of people think it’s ok to start getting together with family. 🤷‍♀️

I suppose for some it's safe, or safer. We still have family members working in the community, so we continue to social distancing.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Michelle really looks like her own mother, Ethel. 

I thought the same thing & usually don't do well at noticing family resemblances.   I think it's the tilt of their heads that is similar for both of them.