Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren is a Bates stalker. She should have went after a Bates boy.

Imagining the drama llama potential of a Lawson/Lauren match has me laughing way harder than I should be.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's copying Josie Bates, who wore it much better.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren is a Bates stalker. She should have went after a Bates boy.

You are so right.  Didn't Lauren also copy Bella's furry vest wearing under the Christmas tree picture from whatever Bates daughter? 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

You are so right.  Didn't Lauren also copy Bella's furry vest wearing under the Christmas tree picture from whatever Bates daughter? 

It wasn't just the furry vest. It was the wrapping paper and the photo itself.

Now with the hat it's fairly obvious she really is internet stalking her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 12/26/2019 at 6:43 AM, GeeGolly said:

Lauren should rethink that hat. It totally gives off a witch vibe.

That was my first thought!!! 

3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Upon closer inspection it may have been her liking a post of someone telling Lauren off, it's hard to tell lol.  

That is a snarky/fundie way of saying "listen bitch, stop copying me! Get a life!" 

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Imagining the drama llama potential of a Lawson/Lauren match has me laughing way harder than I should be.

They would have been perfect together. Two attention seeking whores who love to sing. Lauren would have fit in great with the Bates girls. Instead she got stuck with a a bunch of boring slobs with messy hair and a balding gnome for a husband. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

They would have been perfect together. Two attention seeking whores who love to sing. Lauren would have fit in great with the Bates girls. Instead she got stuck with a a bunch of boring slobs with messy hair and a balding gnome for a husband. 

This hits me close to home, as far as singing. Way too close. I'm not going to even going to post more. Anyone who is interested in batting some psychology around is welcome to IM me, but I'm not even remotely going to bother the board at large. Suffice it to say, I'm safe, well taken care of, but very, very frustrated and, maybe because of my own personal insecurities, just not in a happy place overall.

2 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

The Bates mentioned in the article, is that THE BATES family or a different one?

Probably different. The Bateses that are the Duggars' sweet friends, don't come from Arkansas. I think they are from Tennessee or somewhere around there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

There is no known connection between the Bates in the article and the Bates family on UP.  Although you never know, the two Bates could be related.  The historic article is from long ago. And it may be that a descendant of article Bates moved to Tennessee and became an ancestor of the current Bates. 

On 12/27/2019 at 4:02 AM, Temperance said:

But it also means the next 1100 grandkids after that.

I really hope JB doesn't get the 200 grandchildren he wants. Seriously. I hope his spawn decide babies aren't Pokemon and you don't have to catch them all. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Probably different. The Bateses that are the Duggars' sweet friends, don't come from Arkansas. I think they are from Tennessee or somewhere around there.

The Gil Bates family is from South Carolina.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Are you sure?  I thought they were from Tennessee.

No, both Gil and Kelly are both from the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC area. They met at a community college there. They transferred to Carson Newman in TN. That's the Bates migration. 😁 Gil's parents are still in SC.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, both Gil and Kelly are both from the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC area. They met at a community college there. They transferred to Carson Newman in TN. That's the Bates migration. 😁 Gil's parents are still in SC.

But this would be several generations back. The article isn't JB's father. It's an earlier ancestor. 

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

But this would be several generations back. The article isn't JB's father. It's an earlier ancestor. 

The article posted in reddit was published in 1945. JB was born in 1965. JB's dad Jimmy Lee would have been about 9 years old at that time. 

I believe the article quoted JB's grandfather. I suppose it's possible that the "earlier ancestor" quoted was JB's great-grandfather. Doesn't strike me as someone way back in the mists of time beyond memory. 😂

Not that I think that old newspaper article is a big flaming deal. Somebody floated the idea of rent control and got some quotes in opposition to create a local "news" story for the paper. Rent control laws are not at all common in the US, and don't exist in the heartland at all. IMO being against rent control laws doesn't mean you're an a**hole, but obviously YMMV. 

Stats I found online

Of the 182 total cities and municipalities with rent control, 99 are in New Jersey, 63 are in New York, 18 are in California, 1 is in Maryland, and 1 is Washington, DC. 2 The largest cities with rent control are New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Oakland, CA; and Washington, DC.

BTW that article notes that 1945-era rent control laws were much more broad-ranging than more recent, targeted measures. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

As I noted in the Josh thread, I did some digging on where all the Arkansas Duggar kids live--combing through publicly available voter and property records. More in-depth reasoning over on the Josh thread. No addresses given here.

Some of this stuff we've chatted about before and some of it we haven't--to the best of my knowledge.

JB and Michelle, of course, live in the TTH just outside Tontitown. All of the single adults are registered to vote and all but Jed! are registered to vote at the TTH. That makes sense. Some of them own property, though. More on that at the end. 

I strongly believe that Josh and Anna are living about 20 minutes away in north Springdale in a property that his parents have owned since 2016 but that they made a series of changes in ownership between various trusts and LLCs last summer, just as Josh and Anna's other home sold. The home is currently owned by a Jim and Michelle-owned LLC. It is, significantly to my mind, not the same LLC most of the other marrieds have property connected to. I think that is because this LLC that owns Josh's property doesn't have the family name in the title, which makes it more anonymous for Josh and his whereabouts.

JD and Abbie have a weird situation. Their address they are registered to vote in (in Springdale) does not tie back to a property. But if you map it and then correlate it with a parcel map, the property is one that has been owned in JB and Michelle's name since the mid-90s. It is unusual in being in their name and not in a trust or LLC. I'm wondering if a separate mailbox for JD and Abbie has been set up and that explains the address weirdness.

Jill and Derick, of course, have their own property in Lowell--but not where I normally think of Lowell--that as far as I know has no connection to JB and Michelle. Makes sense given the estrangement.

Jessa and Ben's address in Fayetteville freaked me out because I actually lived about 1/2 a mile from that home when I was in grad school. Holy shit. It has an interesting history too in that it was purchased in 1990 by Michelle's parents. In 2007, it went to JB's mom Mary, and then in 2017, it went to Jessa and Ben. That may be common knowledge, but I personally didn't know it was connected to Michelle's parents originally.

Jinger doesn't own any property in Arkansas. 

Joe and Kendra are listed as living at the TTH, and my understanding is they are on the compound? They own property outside of Siloam Springs. This is weird but Jim Bob seems to have purchased multiple properties from a business that liquidated in 2014 through his LLC that he likes to use for real estate. He then transferred one of these properties to Joe and Kendra in May 2018. These other properties pop up again for other kids. 

Josiah and Lauren have a really weird situation in that their home in Lowell--which is where I think of Lowell--is not in their name and is not in a Duggar trust or LLC. I cannot tell that the owner of the home has a Duggar connection. Josiah and Lauren do own 2 of the properties that JB's real estate LLC got from a company liquidating in 2014. Unlike Joe and Kendra's property, Josiah and Lauren's properties are actually in Siloam Springs. Josiah and Lauren acquired the properties in August 2018. 

Joy and Austin live in south Fayetteville now. They acquired it in September 2019, but before that, it had been owned by JB and Michelle since 2010. It went through various forms, in the LLC that's usually connected to real estate and the family trust, before it went to Joy and Austin.

Jed of course is registered to vote in Springdale. The property is owned by a local realtor who transferred the property to his own LLC this past December. I wonder if he got weirded out by all the attention after Jed filed. Jed owns no property of his own that I could find. 

Of the singles still living at home, Jana owns a property in Springdale. It has been in her name since 2016 and did not have a previous connection to the Duggars that I can find.

Jason owns a shitload of property in Siloam Springs--all connected to that same liquidation sale in 2014 that eventually led to Josiah and Joe's properties. These were purchased by the real estate LLC, eventually went to the family trust and then from there all went to Jason in October 2018 from the family real estate LLC. He has a separate property he acquired in Bella Vista in July 2019. I cannot see the property had a Duggar connection before then. 

Jeremiah and James own no property I can find. 

thats a lot of work you just did!

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

As I noted in the Josh thread, I did some digging on where all the Arkansas Duggar kids live--combing through publicly available voter and property records. More in-depth reasoning over on the Josh thread. No addresses given here.

Some of this stuff we've chatted about before and some of it we haven't--to the best of my knowledge.

JB and Michelle, of course, live in the TTH just outside Tontitown. All of the single adults are registered to vote and all but Jed! are registered to vote at the TTH. That makes sense. Some of them own property, though. More on that at the end. 

I strongly believe that Josh and Anna are living about 20 minutes away in north Springdale in a property that his parents have owned since 2016 but that they made a series of changes in ownership between various trusts and LLCs last summer, just as Josh and Anna's other home sold. The home is currently owned by a Jim and Michelle-owned LLC. It is, significantly to my mind, not the same LLC most of the other marrieds have property connected to. I think that is because this LLC that owns Josh's property doesn't have the family name in the title, which makes it more anonymous for Josh and his whereabouts.

JD and Abbie have a weird situation. Their address they are registered to vote in (in Springdale) does not tie back to a property. But if you map it and then correlate it with a parcel map, the property is one that has been owned in JB and Michelle's name since the mid-90s. It is unusual in being in their name and not in a trust or LLC. I'm wondering if a separate mailbox for JD and Abbie has been set up and that explains the address weirdness.

Jill and Derick, of course, have their own property in Lowell--but not where I normally think of Lowell--that as far as I know has no connection to JB and Michelle. Makes sense given the estrangement.

Jessa and Ben's address in Fayetteville freaked me out because I actually lived about 1/2 a mile from that home when I was in grad school. Holy shit. It has an interesting history too in that it was purchased in 1990 by Michelle's parents. In 2007, it went to JB's mom Mary, and then in 2017, it went to Jessa and Ben. That may be common knowledge, but I personally didn't know it was connected to Michelle's parents originally.

Joe and Kendra are listed as living at the TTH, and my understanding is they are on the compound? They own property outside of Siloam Springs. This is weird but Jim Bob seems to have purchased multiple properties from a business that liquidated in 2014 through his LLC that he likes to use for real estate. He then transferred one of these properties to Joe and Kendra in May 2018. These other properties pop up again for other kids. 

Josiah and Lauren have a really weird situation in that their home in Lowell--which is where I think of Lowell--is not in their name and is not in a Duggar trust or LLC. I cannot tell that the owner of the home has a Duggar connection. Josiah and Lauren do own 2 of the properties that JB's real estate LLC got from a company liquidating in 2014. Unlike Joe and Kendra's property, Josiah and Lauren's properties are actually in Siloam Springs. Josiah and Lauren acquired the properties in August 2018. 

Joy and Austin live in south Fayetteville now. They acquired it in September 2019, but before that, it had been owned by JB and Michelle since 2010. It went through various forms, in the LLC that's usually connected to real estate and the family trust, before it went to Joy and Austin.

Jed of course is registered to vote in Springdale. The property is owned by a local realtor who transferred the property to his own LLC this past December. I wonder if he got weirded out by all the attention after Jed filed. Jed owns no property of his own that I could find. 

Of the singles still living at home, Jana owns a property in Springdale. It has been in her name since 2016 and did not have a previous connection to the Duggars that I can find.

Jason owns a shitload of property in Siloam Springs--all connected to that same liquidation sale in 2014 that eventually led to Josiah and Joe's properties. These were purchased by the real estate LLC, eventually went to the family trust and then from there all went to Jason in October 2018 from the family real estate LLC. He has a separate property he acquired in Bella Vista in July 2019. I cannot see the property had a Duggar connection before then. 

Thanks for all your research!

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Fantastic digging. I love me some property records sleuthing. I imagine that most of the paper / ownership shuffling has to do with minimizing tax liabilities. I wonder how much each kidult truly owns their house or if it’s just owned by them in paper. Can the kids sell it off and keep the money or is it still considered communal Duggar property?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Fantastic digging. I love me some property records sleuthing. I imagine that most of the paper / ownership shuffling has to do with minimizing tax liabilities. I wonder how much each kidult truly owns their house or if it’s just owned by them in paper. Can the kids sell it off and keep the money or is it still considered communal Duggar property?

I wonder how many of these kids even know they own these properties. 

Edited by Namaste
Edited
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

It is very interesting! Most of my sleuthing is usually criminal records or genealogy rather than property records, so this was not my usual venue. But I suspect you're correct about the tax stuff. I found it interesting that all the property acquired in that business liquidation was divvied up to 3 different children in 2018. 

7 minutes ago, zoomama said:

me too! i assist a few people with their genealogy research and it involves a LOT of sleuthing!!!

Oh I love genealogy too! 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jason is apparently in the house flipping business, so that property purchased separately in Bella Vista may actually be his. 

That makes sense. It certainly doesn't fit the pattern of the others. Bella Vista is a popular retirement community. It would be sort of an odd purchase for a single 18/19-year-old in general. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Zella said:

Wow! Amazing research. 

I wonder what JB does with all these properties. Does he rent out the ones that the kids don't live in?  I'm assuming some of those are are commercial properties. 

This just makes my head spins. I never and will never own a house. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Wow! Amazing research. 

I wonder what JB does with all these properties. Does he rent out the ones that the kids don't live in?  I'm assuming some of those are are commercial properties. 

This just makes my head spins. I never and will never own a house. 

I would have to double check. Some of the property isn't in what would be considered  a desirable location for residences. (Joy and Austin's property is on the side of Fayetteville where most people say don't live, for instance.) Would not be surprised if some of it/a lot of of it is commercial. I have no doubt he rents out or flips what he doesn't use for the kids. 

What's wild is he has properties even beyond these. In Washington County alone, there are 25 search results when you search--some in their names and others in an LLC. I know some folks were questioning how Jim Bob would have enough cash on hand to funnel $250,000 into his failed political campaign in 2002. I don't know that we're fully aware of exactly how much property JB is sitting on--or the income he receives from that property. Of course, not all of it was acquired before that campaign. But he clearly had enough money to snap up multiple properties in that 2014 sale. 

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Some of the properties are unimproved lots.

Yes, and as I said in the comment I just posted, some of it is also not on the nice side of town. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Some of the properties are unimproved lots.

Some of the properties have mobile phone towers on them, the green pool house that Josh lives in does. Others might be worth more when planned freeways are built. Some are just ??? 

17 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

JB always says that you can't have debts, so did he pay cash for all these properties?

WTF is this guy's net worth?

Millions. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Others might be worth more when planned freeways are built.

He seems to have a lot of property along MLK Blvd. I bet he is banking on them widening it at some point. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Going through the property records of JB's more in-depth. Finding the lots and some with buildings. He also owns the lot an Enterprise-Rent-A-Car business is on in Springdale. I knew about the car lots but not this.

• Useful 9
  • Love 1

@Zella , you've inspired me to check in on the round mansion, to see if it's sold yet - nope. Below are the prices they've asked so far:

Date            Event        Price       Price/Sq Ft    Source

12/10/2019 Listed $1,380,000   $149 NorthWestAR

09/01/2019 Price Changed $1,100,000   $119 NorthWestAR

07/30/2019 Price Changed $1,250,000   $135 NorthWestAR

07/08/2019 Price Changed $1,450,000   $142 NorthWestAR

06/04/2019 Price Changed $1,650,000   $162 NorthWestAR

05/03/2019 Listed $1,800,000   $177 NorthWestAR

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

There are new exterior photos of the round mansion and I think some new interior pics as well - was there a bunch of furniture in it in earlier photos? I think it's been staged now to look more homey.

ETA: I deleted the realtor.com html address in case that's not allowed

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 7

The 21-acre property near an airport in Bentonville is also still for sale; for some reason the asking price has jumped way up:

Date              Event                 Price           Source

11/15/2019   Price Changed   $999,000   NorthWestAR

11/11/2019   Price Changed   $899,000   NorthWestAR

02/15/2019   Listed                 $599,000   NorthWestAR

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

That's very interesting, @OpieTaylor

I am finding numerous businesses where the property is owned by JB but I don't know that the business is. if so, I've never heard them reported as such. Beyond Enterprise, at least 2 other car lots and something that was once a donut shop. I am unclear if it is still operational. JB owns quite a bit of property right on 412 or right off it, which would be a good business decision--it is the main east-west drag through Springdale and a major highway in the area.

In what may be the most WTF revelation for me, I just discovered that the property where JD and Abbie are living is listed as commercial and is the site of a Marshallese Assembly of God church.  

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

In what may be the most WTF revelation for me, I just discovered that the property where JD and Abbie are living is listed as commercial and is the site of a Marshallese Assembly of God church.  

I seem to recall online photos of the Duggars having bought a church and they were renovating it - could this be it? and now JAbbie are living in it?

What's become of the idea/plan to have an RV campground, I wonder? I thought for sure that would provide employment for some of the kidults.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

I seem to recall online photos of the Duggars having bought a church and they were renovating it - could this be it? and now JAbbie are living in it?

What's become of the idea/plan to have an RV campground, I wonder? I thought for sure that would provide employment for some of the kidults.

Possibly--or they have their trailer set up on the site? It's a massive building on the site. Over 3,000 square feet. 

Do you know where the campground was supposed to be?

I'm about halfway through JB's Washington Co. properties. He likes to buy stuff in clumps. If he owns one property, he seems to make it a rule to buy adjacent ones as well. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

Also FWIW, though some of this stuff JB is getting cheaply and some of it is from banks, I am also seeing others where estimated sales price is $300,000-450,000. If he is in fact acquiring those without mortgages and I see no reason to suppose he isn't acquiring them debt-free, he does have some serious capital to be able to plonk that down on the spot. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do you know where the campground was supposed to be?

I'm about halfway through JB's Washington Co. properties. He likes to buy stuff in clumps. If he owns one property, he seems to make it a rule to buy adjacent ones as well. 

No, I don't know where the campground was hoped to be. I've been wondering if JB ever actually makes any money selling any of these properties/houses, but it sounds like he relies more on renting/leasing his properties to businesses.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

No, I don't know where the campground was hoped to be. I've been wondering if JB ever actually makes any money selling any of these properties/houses, but it sounds like he relies more on renting/leasing his properties to businesses.

Yeah I'd be very interested in how much income he gets a month from his rentals. Like I said, I've counted at least 5 commercial properties (all in Springdale) that as far as I know are not Duggar-owned businesses, but they have businesses on the property. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I have mapped 36 properties connected to Jim Bob's trust and/or various LLCs in his name.

In the process, I discovered that Josiah has an LLC that owns a property in Bella Vista and Jeremiah has one that owns a property in Springdale. Those don't count toward Jim Bob's total. I also discovered that the odd LLC that owns the property where Josh is I suspect living--that's actually registered to Anna

In total, I tracked down 4 LLCs connected to Jim Bob and/or Michelle,  2 to Anna (none with Josh), 1 to Jana, 2 to JD, 1 to Jeremy, 1 to Josiah, 1 to Jed, 1 to Jeremiah, and 1 to Jason. I believe they may be paid that way. Almost all the ones connected to kids or in-laws were formed in 2019, with the oldest from 2018. Some of JB's and Michelle's LLCs are several years old. 

I think speculation that payments to the kids are funneled to the LLCs is quite possible, though it is interesting to me who has one and who doesn't. 

Lest anyone think Jeremy isn't on Big Daddy Jim Bob's titty, his LLC is registered to post offices and addresses connected to Jim Bob's home and a PO box used by the kids for theirs. 

I suspect Josh's family is paid whatever to Anna's LLCs so nothing goes in his name. 

I did not find current, dissolved, or revoked LLCs at all for Jessa or her husband, Joy or Austin, Joe or Kendra, or James. The only one connected to the Dillards is the dissolved ministry one. 

I will edit my original post to reflect all this.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow @Zella!

I wonder if any of the property that was moved in the last 5 years or so was Mary's. 

A property that belonged to Mary became part of Jim Bob and Michelle's trust this past August. It is near their home and I wondered if it was her house she died in. I don't know that for a fact. Perhaps it was other property she owned. Beyond that and the fact Mary used to own Jessa's home, her name didn't come up in the records I looked at, which kind of surprised me, really.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6